Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...203204205206207208209210211212213...LastNext
Current Page: 208 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 29, 2018 10:20

YEAH Dandeeeeee I go with three year thingo
but the technical boys push for the original 14 year deal …

ROCKMAN

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: October 29, 2018 10:30

DandelionPowderman
Rockman
….14 years …

wow amazing patience or maybe we are amazing patients ????????

I'm counting three years (but that feels like a lifetime, too)...

We're talking about originals not cover albums.winking smiley

Great news though that it's definitely coming next year, so that's 14 years.

It will be so refreshing for them to have new Jagger Richards songs to play on the next tour, they need to release a SMU type single to set the ball rolling, i'm sure the old Lions will roar once again smiling smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 29, 2018 10:33

Rockman

THIS. Is it honestly too much to ask of artists that they...create? If we get a 14 song album of originals next year, IF, that'll be a song a year. Good grief. And even then most of us'll say "IF THEY PAIRED it back to 10 or so songs it would have been a much stronger album...ALL that filler!"

JUST GIVE ME SOME NEW STONES music please, before I, or someone in the band, drops off...

Rod

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 29, 2018 12:53

mick is no neil young,
other artists of the same age have a drive to create and put out that is much bigger and motivated, I think it is very personal, exspecially for people over 70. also, there are no countless numbers of "dinasaur acts" alive and kicking new stuff and, it must be said, mostly they dont fill as big venues as the Stones. Which is, clearly, the basic reason, the Rolling Stones are still around and have been for many years now.

Mick is very energetic of course but his motivations are diverse, in a way, musically speaking, he is less free, free from the need of success and, of course, free from a band and a brand name.

Young, for instance, is engaged in the political message he wants to give thru his music and also he gives less a sh+t about what could be successful or not.

also young, dylan and others are soloists. They dont have to discuss with co-authors about what is good and what is not. they dont have to exchange demoes with themselves before arranging studio time with pals. they recruit band or session men the moment the songs are ready to be recorded. Of course there is creative studio time, but has a very different meaning. they dont "hit walls". If they dont feel it they just quit for a while or for ever. see what's happening with Tom Waits..

that is why 14 years seem no strange to me and my expectations are little, though I am looking forward to hear the new album

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-29 12:56 by maumau.

Date: October 29, 2018 13:12

keithsman
DandelionPowderman
Rockman
….14 years …

It will be so refreshing for them to have new Jagger Richards songs to play on the next tour, they need to release a SMU type single to set the ball rolling, i'm sure the old Lions will roar once again smiling smiley

New albums are much welcomed here, be it covers or original material smiling smiley

Date: October 29, 2018 13:13

bitusa2012
Rockman

THIS. Is it honestly too much to ask of artists that they...create? If we get a 14 song album of originals next year, IF, that'll be a song a year + Doom And Gloom and One More Shot. Good grief. And even then most of us'll say "IF THEY PAIRED it back to 10 or so songs it would have been a much stronger album...ALL that filler!"

JUST GIVE ME SOME NEW STONES music please, before I, or someone in the band, drops off...

Date: October 29, 2018 14:23

DandelionPowderman
keithsman
DandelionPowderman
Rockman
….14 years …

New albums are much welcomed here, be it covers or original material smiling smiley

Yeah we got that Dande,eye rolling smiley solo albums too of course, but it's not what we were talking about winking smiley 14 years without an album of originals, that's a long time for a band that continues to tour.
I loved the days when a tour nearly always promoted an album of originals, i think we are all excited at the prospect of this new tour with the new album, gives us fans something to get really buzzed about.
Its the whole deal, playing a new single live, listening to see if they can play it better live, watching the videos that accompany the new singles, seeing how well they chart, that was all part of the deal for me, the interviews to promote the albums, the wave of excitement that builds, i think many of us miss that when they just tour without new original material, it just becomes a nostalgia act, Mick playing the same hits over and over, kinda puts a damper on the whole experience of going to see them, for me anyway.

Date: October 29, 2018 14:36

keithsman
DandelionPowderman
keithsman
DandelionPowderman
Rockman
….14 years …

Yeah we got that Dande,eye rolling smiley solo albums too of course, but it's not what we were talking about winking smiley 14 years without an album of originals, that's a long time for a band that continues to tour.
I loved the days when a tour nearly always promoted an album of originals, i think we are all excited at the prospect of this new tour with the new album, gives us fans something to get really buzzed about.
Its the whole deal, playing a new single live, listening to see if they can play it better live, watching the videos that accompany the new singles, seeing how well they chart, that was all part of the deal for me, the interviews to promote the albums, the wave of excitement that builds, i think many of us miss that when they just tour without new original material, it just becomes a nostalgia act, Mick playing the same hits over and over, kinda puts a damper on the whole experience of going to see them, for me anyway.

Yeah, I get that, of course. However, the Stones did all the things you mentioned above on the No Filter-tour. The videos were there, the single was played in concert, we followed B&L on its way to the top of the charts, as well as the Grammy-nomination and eventually the prize.

If I should look for something they could have improved, it would be that they should have played more B&L-numbers in concert. Had they played five every night, it would have been excellent, imo, and nobody would have objected.

B&L was a brand new album, and it did indeed put an end to the looooong wait for å new Stones album.

I want a new album of originals just as much as the next fan, but I also think B&L was an important album, and not just a «cover album that shouldn't count» (They have released more cover albums, and I don't want them erased from their catalog smoking smiley ).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-29 14:46 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 29, 2018 14:42

keithsman

The way you describe those days gone by, and how you are missing them, sounds... a bit nostalgic...winking smiley

Let us hope that Keith takes the charge again, the album will be full of out-standing new material, a couple of smash singles exploding the charts and radio waves, and we will be treated concerts full of new songs and never-heard-before gems from the past... and not just Mick but all of them playing those...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-29 14:43 by Doxa.

Date: October 29, 2018 14:50

Dande, i get that too, but i don't think the Stones did anything with that blues album that Mick didn't do with the Red Devils, i'm not even convinced Keith did those blues songs justice with his underplaying, it was a bit wet for my liking, and its still nostalgia, it will be more refreshing for the Stones to do what they do best, write their own material, their take on the blues, and play the shit out of it live smoking smiley

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: October 29, 2018 14:55

Hairball
IanBillen
Hairball
Ian - do you not think I read this thread daily and know every single detail regarding the plans for an album and tour?

Why would I not be happy?

And who says I'm skeptical?

I think your imagination is getting the best of you as you're attempting to draw conclusions that don't exist.

Ian - you need to Getta Grip!!!! grinning smiley

Lol ... Well I thought perhaps you were skeptical because I commented / directly replied to one of your earlier comments as soon as this news broke and you never responded is all .. Was certainly no biggy .. I just thought perhaps you were not buying it or so convinced.

Not a big deal .. Rock onward.

Well there will always be a bit of skepticism as I've learned not to judge a book before I've read it, and in the case of this album not to judge it before it's even released!
But to clue you in on how I feel, here's what I wrote just three days ago in this very thread:

Hairball
georgelicks
bv
It seems they will do another studio effort this year. Aiming for a spring release, before the North America tour 2019.

Word on Universal is about an early single release, maybe late January or February, then 2 more singles in April/May and the full album in late May or early June.

Thanks for the updates bv and georgelicks!

Wow...for once in this thread I'm left speechless...almost!
The uncertainty is almost about to become a reality...hopefully!!
New album + new tour = happy days are here again for Stones fans!!! smileys with beer

And maybe you should peruse the tour thread where much of my focus has been recently - there's lots of happiness and excitement all over the place!

Come on Ian, I know it's been a long time since a new album and we've had our fun in this thread the last couple of years, but now that things are starting to get real - don't get weird on me now!!!
It's almost time for celebration, not time for psychosis!!! grinning smileysmileys with beer

Now I see how ya feel about her ... I missed all this the first time / when you must of first posted it on the board. Gotcha ..

Noice to see yas on board ha

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 29, 2018 14:59

It would be great to see them release a smash hit that just blows you away the first time you here it such as "Satisfaction" Start Me Up " or even "Rocks Off".

Then again, if they create a Goats Head Soup or melodic type album that will be fine too.

I just want the music mixed and produced well such as Tattoo You, for example. I do not want another ABB type album. I just couldn't stomach it.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: October 29, 2018 17:03

I am not worried about the music or arrangements they will come up with - I just hope that they write mature lyrics its been quite some time now that we have gotten real honest mature lyrics on any subject matter - Its the end of the line now.

Date: October 29, 2018 17:22

OpenG
I am not worried about the music or arrangements they will come up with - I just hope that they write mature lyrics its been quite some time now that we have gotten real honest mature lyrics on any subject matter - Its the end of the line now.

Yeah i hear you openG, i won't miss lyrics like these, pure garbage.

I went to find England, but
I went to find England, but England's lost
Lost, lost, lost, lost
Lost, lost, lost, lost
Had a girl in Lisbon, a girl in Rome
Now I'll have to stay at home
So lock the shallows, bolt the doors
Nothing's gonna be like Singapore
Don't know what's home
Lost, lost, lost, lost
They didn't turn up, the comments complain
No real person is matching their shame
They're much too young and much too hold
Growing much too hot and much too cold
That's what I thought
I went to find England
I went to find England
I went to find England
I went to find England, but England's lost

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: October 29, 2018 17:48

maumau
mick is no neil young,
other artists of the same age have a drive to create and put out that is much bigger and motivated, I think it is very personal, exspecially for people over 70. also, there are no countless numbers of "dinasaur acts" alive and kicking new stuff and, it must be said, mostly they dont fill as big venues as the Stones. Which is, clearly, the basic reason, the Rolling Stones are still around and have been for many years now.

Mick is very energetic of course but his motivations are diverse, in a way, musically speaking, he is less free, free from the need of success and, of course, free from a band and a brand name.

Young, for instance, is engaged in the political message he wants to give thru his music and also he gives less a sh+t about what could be successful or not.

also young, dylan and others are soloists. They dont have to discuss with co-authors about what is good and what is not. they dont have to exchange demoes with themselves before arranging studio time with pals. they recruit band or session men the moment the songs are ready to be recorded. Of course there is creative studio time, but has a very different meaning. they dont "hit walls". If they dont feel it they just quit for a while or for ever. see what's happening with Tom Waits..

that is why 14 years seem no strange to me and my expectations are little, though I am looking forward to hear the new album

Good points, but it's more than just Mick having to consult with a co-author. It's that Mick and Keith together wrote, created great music together, and it's clear that once their personal relationship soured in the early 80's, the creative muse there dried up and we got Mick songs and Keith songs. Not the same. Are they going into the studio to work out the songs together and record this new album together as a band? That would be a start.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 29, 2018 18:05

Chris Fountain
It would be great to see them release a smash hit that just blows you away the first time you here it such as "Satisfaction" Start Me Up " or even "Rocks Off".

Then again, if they create a Goats Head Soup or melodic type album that will be fine too.

I just want the music mixed and produced well such as Tattoo You, for example. I do not want another ABB type album. I just couldn't stomach it.

thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 29, 2018 18:43

keithsman
Dande, i get that too, but i don't think the Stones did anything with that blues album that Mick didn't do with the Red Devils, i'm not even convinced Keith did those blues songs justice with his underplaying, it was a bit wet for my liking, and its still nostalgia, it will be more refreshing for the Stones to do what they do best, write their own material, their take on the blues, and play the shit out of it live smoking smiley

Yes agree with both you and Dandelion. Of course B&L can be considered a new album, and it was great to hear a few songs from it live - I think I heard two different ones - one for each Desert Trip show, and one at *Vegas. And it would have been fantastic to hear even more from it live as that's where those tunes truly shined for me. But really...it was a blues covers album that they cranked out in two or three days. There wasn't too much reinterpretation to any of those tunes (if any at all) in the same way they've reimagined covers in the past to make them 100% new and completely their own. Like the Red Devils album (which I prefer), there just wasn't much change from the superior original versions imo. I could do a replica painting of the Mona Lisa with a couple of minor changes (maybe a brushstroke here and there), but it wouldn't really satisfy my clients or myself for that matter. Not going to downplay it as I know many people like it, but for me personally it just didn't have that great of an impact. Nice they did it though, and at the risk of being yelled out by Ian lol, I would have been happy to have another volume or two of them. BUT the time has come for a full album of originals - 14 years after the fact...they could title it "Better Late Than Never".

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 29, 2018 20:23

Chris Fountain

hot smileysmileys with beersmileys with beer
Jeroen

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: October 29, 2018 23:21

i heard they were gonna cut a blues cover thing.
not originals. sort of as a
stop-gap-forever-after-this-is-it-we-make-millions-every-night-without-having-to-
sit-next-to-that-ridiculous-monster-pick-either-of-them
-in-the-studio-banging-out-listening-to-crap-that-
i-don't-like-sorta. -and-for-endless-hours-nope-where's-my-dancer-girls-girl-friend-again?
call the pilot; i'm hungry.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 30, 2018 15:12

hopkins
i heard they were gonna cut a blues cover thing.
not originals. sort of as a
stop-gap-forever-after-this-is-it-we-make-millions-every-night-without-having-to-
sit-next-to-that-ridiculous-monster-pick-either-of-them
-in-the-studio-banging-out-listening-to-crap-that-
i-don't-like-sorta. -and-for-endless-hours-nope-where's-my-dancer-girls-girl-friend-again?
call the pilot; i'm hungry.

It's like having Stones liner notes by Andrew Oldham in the 21st Century. Thank you as always, hopkins, for the laughter and the workout for the cipher machine. You're an Enigma, you are.

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: October 30, 2018 17:02

Let Keith make all the songs,lyricvise alsow.Let him play all guitars,sing on all songs.He can play drums on all songs alsow.Dont need anyone but Keith on the new album.Let him play some faboulos guitarsolos alsow,Have to be the best album of all time.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 30, 2018 17:20

harlem shuffle
Let Keith make all the songs,lyricvise alsow.Let him play all guitars,sing on all songs.He can play drums on all songs alsow.Dont need anyone but Keith on the new album.Let him play some faboulos guitarsolos alsow,Have to be the best album of all time.

Well, Prince did it a few times. Why not? smileys with beer

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-30 17:27 by Chris Fountain.

Date: October 30, 2018 18:24

Well Prince could play some instruments,Keith Not

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: October 30, 2018 18:31

Chris Fountain

Doom and Gloom actually worked excatly this way for me.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: October 31, 2018 00:56

I just want good music. Don’t care about sales and no matter how good or even great it is it ain’t bringing you back to 1978. I want a mature album and even a Miss you or JJ Flash will not be a mega hit in 2019. If you’re expecting the old days of hearing the new single on every radio station it ain’t happening. I love crosseyed heart but I never heard any of it on the radio and I heard JUST YOUR FOOL twice on Boston radio stations and nothing else from B&L. I still think the album will be / could be great and sales decent with a ticket bundle.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 31, 2018 02:52

Bashlets
I love crosseyed heart but I never heard any of it on the radio

I heard Trouble quite a few times on KTYD "Quality Rock" radio based in Santa Barbara when it was released, but that particular DJ (yes a real live human) Dennis Mitchell is really cool and he plays whatever he wants whenever he wants - maybe one of last few DJ's that is given that sort of freedom. I also heard a couple from Blue and Lonesome several times, and on occasion he'll even play "nuggets" such as Saint of Me and Rain Fall Down which always catches me off guard. One things certain, he'll never play Streets of Love! But to your point, no amount of sales (or accolades from critics) will sway my opinion one way or the other - I listen to it, absorb it, and hopefully it grabs me in a great way just as Crosseyed Heart did. I have faith this could be one for the ages, but I've been wrong about that in the past. Looking forward to it, and all the joy that hopefully comes with it. And if it's typical latter era mediocrity, at least there will be a new tour to help ease the pain.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-31 02:57 by Hairball.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: October 31, 2018 15:01

As I read a few posts with another point of view: I for one do not wish for an overtly mature album. In case, rather an age neutral one.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: October 31, 2018 16:04

"Some Girls Deluxe" disc 2 is technically "new" (official) material from 2011 (with the exception of "So Young", though it's a new version I guess), so in that sense, it's kind of a "Tattoo You,Two" winking smiley. That actually might be a good name for the 2nd disc if/when they ever do a "Tattoo You" deluxe.

So 2011! Only 8 years! A stretch? Maybe, I'm trying to shorten the 14 years. smiling smiley

Date: October 31, 2018 16:14

harlem shuffle

This is borderline hate, isn't it? What's your problem, man confused smiley

Date: October 31, 2018 17:17

My biggest problem is you and some other Jaggerhaters,nothing else

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...203204205206207208209210211212213...LastNext
Current Page: 208 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1693
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10