Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...201202203204205206207208209210211...LastNext
Current Page: 206 of 704
Re: Another Stones studio album coming up?
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 25, 2018 18:12

Short clip on Instagram Keith out and about NYC looking good thumbs up

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: October 25, 2018 18:35

With the singles it tells me they have stuff ready to go. Also they must have some degree of confidence in the material or they would just wait until 3 weeks before the album is actually released before unleashing anything. My opinion only

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 25, 2018 19:09

georgelicks
bv
It seems they will do another studio effort this year. Aiming for a spring release, before the North America tour 2019.

Word on Universal is about an early single release, maybe late January or February, then 2 more singles in April/May and the full album in late May or early June.

Thanks for the updates bv and georgelicks!

Wow...for once in this thread I'm left speechless...almost!
The uncertainty is almost about to become a reality...hopefully!!
New album + new tour = happy days are here again for Stones fans!!! smileys with beer

Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 25, 2018 21:19

I don't want to see Jethro Tull and other OT stuff on top of the IORR forum pages, so I made the two most important theads sticky. The album should be moving cloaer to release status this winter, if rumours and talks I hear are followed up by the band accordingly.

Bjornulf

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: October 25, 2018 23:59

Wait a min .. for a second I must of fell asleep at my keyboard and been dreaming

.. I dreamed we ACTUALLY got wind of a date and time frame and a real rough of a draft on the album's release POA ('plan of action')

Date: October 26, 2018 00:29

Rocky Dijon
Rokyfan
BV advised on the Tour thread that the current plan is for a March tour announcement for an April/May tour. BV is always right on these things. So what (someone who works for) Universal expects or wants may not mean much (it's probably at least half wrong). I rather believe Keith - when they have something done that is ready, they will release it

Well, yes, you can't go wrong with waiting until it is released.

As for Bjornulf and Soldatti (aka Georgelicks), they both have very good track records. They also both have on occasion shared things that didn't quite pan out, that doesn't make either unreliable. And thus far, the information they've both shared largely aligns. There's no reason to discount either.

I agree. It was mentioned here by Georgelicks that the band may provide an album with Blues covers and new material or a double album etc. That never came to be ... but it was on the table at one point (later that was confirmed in so many words and if you read between the lines .. well after it's release).

They fill us in with the 'options' .. and stronger ideas The Stones are looking at. .. nothing is set in stone (some pun grinning smiley ).

Plans change as well .. and they dont know the full story .. It isn't that their
info is BS .. (<thats not cool to say .. and that isn't the case anyway). As was noted.. basically their projections right now align .. in that the very tentative release time frame is looking to May-July. They both agree and their sources both are stating that.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-26 00:33 by IanBillen.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: October 26, 2018 03:21

I very tentatively hope that maybe they are considering to plan a potential release of what could perhaps be something aking to a collection of songs that some people would refer to as an album, at some point probably next year, and if not next year, then perhaps at another time, or so ....

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 26, 2018 04:25

Bashlets
With the singles it tells me they have stuff ready to go. Also they must have some degree of confidence in the material or they would just wait until 3 weeks before the album is actually released before unleashing anything. My opinion only

Same marketing strategy as BLUE AND LONESOME from the sound of it. Similar to what they did with STICKY FINGERS DELUXE as well.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 26, 2018 06:06

...I dunno...if we're talking (multiple) singles..and staggered release dates already....I think we're talking about a certain amount of confidence that the material is good....smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 26, 2018 06:15

Hey YEAH Rip ….. Keef The Faith ole son ...…. Keef The Faith

ROCKMAN

Date: October 26, 2018 06:41

Not asking too much, but...

Hope we get a cool reggae tune Stones style....and maybe an acoustic blues tune...while they're at it throw in an electric blues tune...
...also something stompin' funky ala Hot Stuff...and maybe something country-esque...and some straight old school Rolling Stones Rock and Roll....

smiling smiley

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: October 26, 2018 07:27

gimme rock and roll

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: October 26, 2018 12:21

georgelicks
bv
It seems they will do another studio effort this year. Aiming for a spring release, before the North America tour 2019.

Word on Universal is about an early single release, maybe late January or February, then 2 more singles in April/May and the full album in late May or early June.

cool smiley Hopefully, rather with singles that do not feature tracks of the album. cool smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 26, 2018 12:34

Witness
georgelicks
bv

cool smiley Hopefully, rather with singles that do not feature tracks of the album. cool smiley
Maybe some b sides

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: October 26, 2018 15:10

Hairball
Not asking too much, but...

Hope we get a cool reggae tune Stones style....and maybe an acoustic blues tune...while they're at it throw in an electric blues tune...
...also something stompin' funky ala Hot Stuff...and maybe something country-esque...and some straight old school Rolling Stones Rock and Roll....

smiling smiley

Like every Stones album made since the late 70s? winking smiley

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: October 26, 2018 16:58

There was article in the UK's Sunday Mirror last week quoting Katherine Jenkins (opera singer) who is a friend of Sally (& Ron), who said, she had been spending time with them and Ron said the Stones will be finishing off an album this year and touring with it next...........

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: October 26, 2018 17:55

Paris studio booked for end November, plus Don Was.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 26, 2018 19:00

chriseganstar
Paris studio booked for end November, plus Don Was.

Thanks Chriseganstar!!
smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-26 19:05 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 26, 2018 19:07

EddieByword
There was article in the UK's Sunday Mirror last week quoting Katherine Jenkins (opera singer) who is a friend of Sally (& Ron), who said, she had been spending time with them and Ron said the Stones will be finishing off an album this year and touring with it next...........

Thanks Eddie!
thumbs up

Date: October 26, 2018 20:34

Rocky Dijon
Bashlets

Same marketing strategy as BLUE AND LONESOME from the sound of it. Similar to what they did with STICKY FINGERS DELUXE as well.

Well wait tho ... How is it the same marketing strategy as B & L? The album was officially announced with an official release date about three months beforehand... B&L had a single about six or seven weeks before the album was released .. then another single a couple weeks before the album was released and the next week the album was released. There were not singles and songs released and spread out over four months or so beforehand? There were only two songs / singles released .. and that was less than two months before the official release. Not being an I told ya so but I'm not getting watcha mean by it's the same marketing strategy?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-26 21:06 by IanBillen.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: October 26, 2018 20:50

it seems the band are working on this album in very small instalments.

start in 2015, a couple of sessions here and there, a few months off, back to work for a few more hours, another extended period of time off, then studio work end of year and hey bingo, an album release in 2019.

do the band lack that amount of motivation to actually get the job done, not as if they are lazy. when it comes to concerts, they dont do 4 songs here, rest a few days, back to the concert for 4 songs, a week off, then back for another 2 songs, and then finish the gig 3 month later.

it does seem a very odd way to work.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: October 26, 2018 23:26

I’m hoping it’s just the band polishing it off

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: October 27, 2018 00:57

buttons67

start in 2015, a couple of sessions here and there, a few months off, back to work for a few more hours, another extended period of time off, then studio work end of year and hey bingo, an album release in 2019.

do the band lack that amount of motivation to actually get the job done, not as if they are lazy. when it comes to concerts, they dont do 4 songs here, rest a few days, back to the concert for 4 songs, a week off, then back for another 2 songs, and then finish the gig 3 month later.

Well, it follows the pattern of working which brought us Keith's last solo album.
It does seem an odd way of working, but not unusual. Macca seems to have been working on his (now released) album for years. He also uses different Producers.
Others, like Dylan for example go straight in ..and within a week there you have it...another classic.
Somehow, I get the impression that if Mick was to record a solo album, he would be nearer to Dylan's approach. He must get bored with the long winded, drawn out approach to his groups recording method. Not surprising he goes off and does other projects.

Date: October 27, 2018 02:12

jlowe
Somehow, I get the impression that if Mick was to record a solo album, he would be nearer to Dylan's approach. He must get bored with the long winded, drawn out approach to his groups recording method. Not surprising he goes off and does other projects.

I think Mick did the "Dylan approach" with Getta Grip/England Lost, and the results speak for themselves - some like it, while others don't.

But looking at the credits of his last full solo album via wiki, the dates of the recording are listed as February and May 2000, January–February and April–June 2001.
Not really drawn out over too long a period ala Stones style, but not really the the "Dylan approach" either.
And then you add in the multiple producers: Matt Clifford, Marti Frederiksen, and Mick Jagger with Jerry 'Wonder' Duplessis, Wyclef Jean, Lenny Kravitz, and Chris Potter...

Not to mention the lengthy list of musicians involved:

Mick Jagger – lead vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, slide guitar, harmonica, percussion, backing vocals
Robert Aaron – keyboards, horn, flute
Kenny Aronoff, Jim Keltner, Ian Thomas – drums
Bono – vocals on "Joy"
Lenny Castro, Paul Clarvis – percussion
Matt Clifford – piano, Hammond organ B3, Fender Rhodes, mellotron, keyboards, synthesizer, backing vocals, programming
Kyle Cook – lead guitar on track 1
Mike Dolan, Milton McDonald – guitar
Jerry Duplessis, Phil Spalding, Christian Frederickson – bass guitar
Marti Frederiksen – electric guitar, acoustic guitar, drums, backing vocals, programming
Martin Heyes – drum programming
Elizabeth Jagger – backing vocals on "Brand New Set of Rules"
Georgia May Jagger – backing vocals on "Brand New Set of Rules"
Wyclef Jean – electric guitar, Spanish guitar on "Hide Away"
Steve Knightley – cello
Lenny Kravitz – electric guitar, bass guitar, drums, tambourine, backing vocals on "God Gave Me Everything"
Joe Perry – guitar on "Everybody Getting High" and "Too Far Gone"
Mikal Reid – trumpet, programming
Craig Ross – twelve-string guitar, acoustic guitar
Neil Sidwell – trombone
Steve Sidwell – trumpet
Rob Thomas – backing vocals on "Visions of Paradise"
Pete Townshend – guitar on "Joy" and "Gun"
Ruby Turner – backing vocals
Chris White – tenor saxophone

Always surprises me to see Joe Perry involved with a Mick project, but there you have it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-27 02:17 by Hairball.

Date: October 27, 2018 04:45

Hairball
jlowe

I think Mick did the "Dylan approach" with Getta Grip/England Lost, and the results speak for themselves - some like it, while others don't.

But looking at the credits of his last full solo album via wiki, the dates of the recording are listed as February and May 2000, January–February and April–June 2001.
Not really drawn out over too long a period ala Stones style, but not really the the "Dylan approach" either.
And then you add in the multiple producers: Matt Clifford, Marti Frederiksen, and Mick Jagger with Jerry 'Wonder' Duplessis, Wyclef Jean, Lenny Kravitz, and Chris Potter...

Not to mention the lengthy list of musicians involved:

Mick Jagger – lead vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, slide guitar, harmonica, percussion, backing vocals
Robert Aaron – keyboards, horn, flute
Kenny Aronoff, Jim Keltner, Ian Thomas – drums
Bono – vocals on "Joy"
Lenny Castro, Paul Clarvis – percussion
Matt Clifford – piano, Hammond organ B3, Fender Rhodes, mellotron, keyboards, synthesizer, backing vocals, programming
Kyle Cook – lead guitar on track 1
Mike Dolan, Milton McDonald – guitar
Jerry Duplessis, Phil Spalding, Christian Frederickson – bass guitar
Marti Frederiksen – electric guitar, acoustic guitar, drums, backing vocals, programming
Martin Heyes – drum programming
Elizabeth Jagger – backing vocals on "Brand New Set of Rules"
Georgia May Jagger – backing vocals on "Brand New Set of Rules"
Wyclef Jean – electric guitar, Spanish guitar on "Hide Away"
Steve Knightley – cello
Lenny Kravitz – electric guitar, bass guitar, drums, tambourine, backing vocals on "God Gave Me Everything"
Joe Perry – guitar on "Everybody Getting High" and "Too Far Gone"
Mikal Reid – trumpet, programming
Craig Ross – twelve-string guitar, acoustic guitar
Neil Sidwell – trombone
Steve Sidwell – trumpet
Rob Thomas – backing vocals on "Visions of Paradise"
Pete Townshend – guitar on "Joy" and "Gun"
Ruby Turner – backing vocals
Chris White – tenor saxophone

Always surprises me to see Joe Perry involved with a Mick project, but there you have it.

part of the reason this took so long to record was it was supposed to be a big hit album with multiple big name guests and he had to wait for some of the big guests to have time. sadly the album flopped

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 27, 2018 10:54

I have a feeling, this is gonna be a Great album !!Dont know why, just do. It will get maximum exposure, lots of interviews.
The Stones Swansong is gonna be a Great One.
Jeroen

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: October 27, 2018 15:14

jlowe
buttons67

Well, it follows the pattern of working which brought us Keith's last solo album.
It does seem an odd way of working, but not unusual. Macca seems to have been working on his (now released) album for years. He also uses different Producers.
Others, like Dylan for example go straight in ..and within a week there you have it...another classic.

Come off it, Mick hasn't been busy making and releasing music since the last Stones studio album.
He hasn't been prolific in the last 13 years, what rubbish blaming the Stones.

Mick was the wall remember.
Did i imagine Keith making Crosseyed Heart, is there a Mick solo album that i missed out on recently full of great songs written by Mick Jagger. confused smiley
Dylan's approach to writing ? seriously.
Sorry but i don't follow that at all jlowe, if anything Mick has writers block.

Date: October 27, 2018 19:35

I don't think Mick has writers block per se - remember the 40 demos, etc.?
It 's just a matter of writing something of quality that might be the issue with him.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 27, 2018 21:27

Dude's got a 60 year career and your still slagging him for quality?....unfuckenbelievable.....what horseshit.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 27, 2018 22:21

I take it in stride. There's people that don't think they're capable of anything worthwhile but still post. There's people that only like Keith. There's people that think Ronnie should write and sing. There's people that want another blues album or a country album or a soul album or a Christmas album. It takes all kinds to make a Stones board.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...201202203204205206207208209210211...LastNext
Current Page: 206 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1136
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home