Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...200201202203204205206207208209210...LastNext
Current Page: 205 of 704
Re: Another Stones studio album coming up?
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 10, 2018 21:26

IanBillen
The Stones and their entourage skip the details with him and many times do not keep him posted until they actually need him.

Might want to listen to the interview. Chuck talks about things subsequent to his session work.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 10, 2018 21:33

bye bye johnny
IanBillen
The Stones and their entourage skip the details with him and many times do not keep him posted until they actually need him.

Might want to listen to the interview. Chuck talks about things subsequent to his session work.

Not much there really. Calling Georgelicks...haha

Date: October 10, 2018 21:56

Maybe not, but he points out there've been other things happening.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 11, 2018 00:41

Several ways to look at it:

There's seemingly no end in sight - Chuck now says it will be done "at some point" ...can't get much vaguer than that.
Then he says it's been more than a year since he last worked on the album...hmmm...that's a long time ago.
Or maybe as Rockydijon says "he knows plenty but has been specifically told to keep his mouth shut".
Perhaps, but that could go either way - he knows the album is making great progress, or he knows they've only just begun.
Maybe Keith and Mick are purposefully keeping him in the dark and opting to use different piano player/keyboardists ala Blue and Lonesome?

Wondering what Chucks wife has to say about it all...there was a time when people were giving her thoughts a lot of weight.

Date: October 11, 2018 01:50

Chuck's comments from the KFGO interview:

- He did "a couple of sessions" more than a year ago

- He thinks "the guys have been working on it a little bit at a time" and "there's probably been some new material written since then"

- Cites Keith, saying the album will come out "when it's finished"

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: October 11, 2018 03:08

Maindefender
Time for a George licks update.....>grinning smiley<

There's nothing new to update more than the same story for last 2 and half years:

- the band is working on it in little bits, 3-5 days every few months.

- the band is not working together on it, they did a couple of sessions in 2015 and 2017 but mostly is Mick and Keith, and not together most of the time.

- Universal expect the new album done around March 2019 and they want to release it during the next US tour in June/July 2019 with a ticket bundle.

- The recording of this album mirrors Keith's latest solo album timeline, almost 4 years since the first session in 2011 to the final album released.

Lots of good quotes from Keith and Steve Jordan about Crosseyed Heart back on 2015, we can all expect the same answers next year about the new Stones album and the recording process.
[www.timeisonourside.com]

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 11, 2018 03:14

Hairball
Wondering what Chucks wife has to say about it all...there was a time when people were giving her thoughts a lot of weight.

Her remarks on Chuck's blog (at a time when he was also publicly bitching about Matt Clifford's playing being less authentic than his) was very much valid. Consider what changed since then. Now Chuck is close-lipped (as was Charlie) and on the podcast, Chuck mocked himself crying over not being on the initial sessions for BLUE AND LONESOME. I would say that's as sure a sign he was told to keep quiet. Universal stumbled rather badly with the one press release suggesting they were just starting work on an album they had started a year earlier. Don Was downplays everything by always finding a way of saying "it's early days yet." The album is getting done. They want to unveil it with maximum impact. The only hints are to come from Mick and Keith on social media. Everyone else plays dumb.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 11, 2018 04:03

On a more positive note, the Stones are unleashing some new Halloween merch on their website by treading backwards to Voodoo Lounge:

If I was at that particular show, and if it wasn't $40+ shipping, I'd think about adding it to my collection.
I still have the original black long sleeve w/devil head on red background - not sure I've ever worn it!

A few more items here for those who want to get in the Halloween spirit: Halloween Merch

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 11, 2018 08:52

Rocky Dijon
treaclefingers
I'd like to introduce your entire statement here into evidence and suggest that you WILL IN FACT buy it again for a jagger interview or otherwise.

it is in your DNA to do so.

This is why treaclefingers, for many years of one of my favorite contributers, has now taken the top spot as the finest poster at IORR.

chortle...you had me at hello.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 11, 2018 20:50

georgelicks

- Universal expect the new album done around March 2019 and they want to release it during the next US tour in June/July 2019 with a ticket bundle.

Sounds good. 5 months from now and a tour 3 moths later. Ready to go.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 11, 2018 20:58

bye bye johnny
IanBillen

Who the @#$%& is Chuck???
Mick probably told him to keep quiet..like Ronnie to shut up. The new album makes good progress i guess. And when summer 2019 hits us..the new album will smash us to smithereens. It will be Good.
Jeroen

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 12, 2018 04:24

Rocky Dijon
Hairball

Her remarks on Chuck's blog (at a time when he was also publicly bitching about Matt Clifford's playing being less authentic than his) was very much valid. Consider what changed since then. Now Chuck is close-lipped (as was Charlie) and on the podcast, Chuck mocked himself crying over not being on the initial sessions for BLUE AND LONESOME. I would say that's as sure a sign he was told to keep quiet. Universal stumbled rather badly with the one press release suggesting they were just starting work on an album they had started a year earlier. Don Was downplays everything by always finding a way of saying "it's early days yet." The album is getting done. They want to unveil it with maximum impact. The only hints are to come from Mick and Keith on social media. Everyone else plays dumb.

Wow. How ridiculous. They're control freaks beyond what even I imagined!

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: October 12, 2018 10:39

he’s looking forward to the Stones completing their highly anticipated album of original material, their first since 2005’s A Bigger Bang.

“I’ve got a feeling we’ll be carrying on back in the studio within the next few months,” says Ronnie.

He firmly believes the album will be released and that “it’ll prompt another tour. You know me, I’m always hopeful!”

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-12 10:48 by Lien.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 12, 2018 14:31

georgelicks
Maindefender
Time for a George licks update.....>grinning smiley<

There's nothing new to update more than the same story for last 2 and half years:

- the band is working on it in little bits, 3-5 days every few months.

- the band is not working together on it, they did a couple of sessions in 2015 and 2017 but mostly is Mick and Keith, and not together most of the time.

- The recording of this album mirrors Keith's latest solo album timeline, almost 4 years since the first session in 2011 to the final album released.

Lots of good quotes from Keith and Steve Jordan about Crosseyed Heart back on 2015, we can all expect the same answers next year about the new Stones album and the recording process.
[www.timeisonourside.com]

Thanks!
I'm wondering how many songs are ready...

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: October 15, 2018 04:47

I would guess there are about 468 songs ready but they all sound like SHE'S THE BOSS and LET's WORK....

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: October 24, 2018 17:11

Hello!

Still no news about it?

Date: October 24, 2018 17:12

marquess
Hello!

Still no news about it?

Yes, there is (if you bother to scroll two posts up) winking smiley

Date: October 24, 2018 17:19

New album in march 2019??

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 24, 2018 17:20

"Universal expect the new album done around March 2019 and they want to release it during the next US tour in June/July 2019 with a ticket bundle."- Georgelicks

Assuring a lot of us will have several, if not many, copies cool smiley

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: October 24, 2018 23:06

MisterDDDD
"Universal expect the new album done around March 2019 and they want to release it during the next US tour in June/July 2019 with a ticket bundle."- Georgelicks

Assuring a lot of us will have several, if not many, copies cool smiley

BV advised on the Tour thread that the current plan is for a March tour announcement for an April/May tour. BV is always right on these things. So what (someone who works for) Universal expects or wants may not mean much (it's probably at least half wrong). I rather believe Keith - when they have something done that is ready, they will release it

Posted by: nick ()
Date: October 25, 2018 01:30

So what's "half-wrong" an April announcement with a May-June tour?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-25 01:31 by nick.

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: October 25, 2018 03:27

It means 50% of this thread is complete BS and the other half is untrue....BUT YOU spinning smiley sticking its tongue outNEVER KNOW!!!!!

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: October 25, 2018 14:55

nick
So what's "half-wrong" an April announcement with a May-June tour?[/qu aote]

You got it backwards. The post that said spring album, summer tour was at least half wrong, if bv is right sbout the spring tour and bv is always right. So the other post was at least half wrong

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 25, 2018 15:53

It seems they will do another studio effort this year. Aiming for a spring release, before the North America tour 2019.

Bjornulf

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: October 25, 2018 16:01

That's the best news...THANK YOU!!!

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: October 25, 2018 16:26

bv
It seems they will do another studio effort this year. Aiming for a spring release, before the North America tour 2019.

Word on Universal is about an early single release, maybe late January or February, then 2 more singles in April/May and the full album in late May or early June.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 25, 2018 16:44

Thanks Georgelicks.
Jeroen

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 25, 2018 16:46

Rokyfan
BV advised on the Tour thread that the current plan is for a March tour announcement for an April/May tour. BV is always right on these things. So what (someone who works for) Universal expects or wants may not mean much (it's probably at least half wrong). I rather believe Keith - when they have something done that is ready, they will release it

Well, yes, you can't go wrong with waiting until it is released.

As for Bjornulf and Soldatti (aka Georgelicks), they both have very good track records. They also both have on occasion shared things that didn't quite pan out, that doesn't make either unreliable. And thus far, the information they've both shared largely aligns. There's no reason to discount either.

Date: October 25, 2018 17:26

Thanks BV and Georgelicks!
thumbs up
I hope for a great first single!

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 25, 2018 17:40

georgelicks
bv

Word on Universal is about an early single release, maybe late January or February, then 2 more singles in April/May and the full album in late May or early June.

Banging out the singles.....nice >grinning smiley<

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...200201202203204205206207208209210...LastNext
Current Page: 205 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1870
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home