Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...198199200201202203204205206207208...LastNext
Current Page: 203 of 704
Re: Another Stones studio album coming up?
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 2, 2018 08:05

...or as keefriffhard mentioned, maybe writing lyrics for a new solo album?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 2, 2018 08:13

ROCKMAN

Date: October 2, 2018 08:26

I also tried several tricks - cropping, zooming, changing tint, black and white, etc., and results were about the same as that Rockman.
Zooming in too much started getting blurry/double vision...

Date: October 2, 2018 09:52

«My cards are on the table. You make a grown shark cry...» is all I can decipher..

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 2, 2018 09:56

Where's Keith ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: October 2, 2018 10:44

gotdablouse
Where's Keith ?

Busy recording a new solo-album. I hope.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 2, 2018 10:59

gotdablouse
Where's Keith ?

Where is Ronnie?
Jeroen

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 2, 2018 11:09

Ronnie hasn't been involved in the writing process of a new Stones album since, hum...Dirty Work in 1985 ? Although since VL was recorded at his home in Ireland during lengthy sessions, he might have been around when the songwriting was being finalized. After all very few VL tracks (only Sweethearts if memory serves ?) appear on the Voodoo Residue writing sessions.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: October 2, 2018 11:33

gotdablouse
Ronnie hasn't been involved in the writing process of a new Stones album since, hum...Dirty Work in 1985 ? Although since VL was recorded at his home in Ireland during lengthy sessions, he might have been around when the songwriting was being finalized. After all very few VL tracks (only Sweethearts if memory serves ?) appear on the Voodoo Residue writing sessions.

There's been a long way since Ronnie sang Can't Cut The Mustard (later Had It With You) on the DW-sessions to his involvement in the songwriting process of today. I really hope they'll bring him back again..

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 2, 2018 11:50

DandelionPowderman
«My cards are on the table. You make a grown shark cry...» is all I can decipher..

Oh no, not 'My cards are on the table' again!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-02 11:51 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: October 2, 2018 12:49

Who care about a Mick solo album..C'mon!!!eye rolling smileythumbs down

Date: October 2, 2018 13:33

gotdablouse

I know, i was taking the piss of a sentence: where is keef??.
Thas why i stated where is Ronnie?

Ciao
Jeroen

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: October 2, 2018 14:06

DandelionPowderman

...Whát - no "baby-baby-baby-baby-baby-baby-baby...", ànywhere?!! smoking smiley

Date: October 2, 2018 14:35

RoughJusticeOnYa
DandelionPowderman

...Whát - no "baby-baby-baby-baby-baby-baby-baby...", ànywhere?!! smoking smiley

That's usually Keith's part winking smiley

winking smileyRe: Another Stones studio album coming up?
Date: October 2, 2018 14:54

DandelionPowderman
RoughJusticeOnYa
DandelionPowderman

That's usually Keith's part winking smiley

Agreed - but we don't know (yet) who 's actually responsible for it, do we? smoking smiley

And besides that: can we make out the obligatory "ooh-ooh-oooh-oooh-ooh-ooh-oooh "'s in there??

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: October 2, 2018 16:16

RoughJusticeOnYa
DandelionPowderman

That's in Keith's notebook. More precisely, Oooooh baby-baby-baby ... winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-02 16:17 by doitywoik.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: October 2, 2018 16:36

doitywoik
RoughJusticeOnYa
DandelionPowderman

That's in Keith's notebook. More precisely, Oooooh baby-baby-baby ... winking smiley

Don't forget "baby baby yeah"

Date: October 2, 2018 16:38

matxil
doitywoik
RoughJusticeOnYa
DandelionPowderman

Or «maybe, baby» winking smiley

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 2, 2018 16:39

matxil
doitywoik
RoughJusticeOnYa
DandelionPowderman

...and what about the horrible 'na na na na na' on One More Shot'?!

Date: October 2, 2018 16:44

KRiffhard
matxil
doitywoik
RoughJusticeOnYa
DandelionPowderman

...and what about the horrible 'na na na na na' on One More Shot'?!

On par with the «sha la las» on Memory Motel..

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 2, 2018 17:09

it reads "c'mon, uh huh, oh yeah, all right, god help me now"
kind of a clear mise en abyme of the creative process...

isn't it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-02 17:11 by maumau.

Date: October 2, 2018 17:16

I forgot «watch me now!»..

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 2, 2018 17:23

DandelionPowderman
I forgot «watch me now!»..

grinning smiley

Date: October 2, 2018 17:32

Guys, you know what? You're a hoot. Thàt's what you are... all of you! smoking smiley

P.S.: as long as the shockingly cringeworthy "buum-buum-buum " (as the drums went...) in "Doom & Gloom" are a thing of the past, over & done with, I'm a happy man.

Now bring that new album on! I'm complétely RéAdY for it. New Stones Stuff - Yaaaaay!!

Posted by: guyrachel ()
Date: October 2, 2018 18:05

I cannot believe you all bother spending your time writing this stuff, lousy jokes at your own expense! I can’t wait for a new album, and I’ll take any and all of it! Love D&G and SMHeart, and I loved Blue and Goddess and Crosseywd, it’s not all genius, but I really enjoy listening to them make new music, and I think if one gem surfaces every 15 years, that’s a major deal, to write a song at all takes so much craft and even then it can ultimately fail, sometimes time decides that. But your endless boring jokes, with your little quotes, you’d really think you all hated the band, were sitting together somewhere in a little bar, drunk, sniggering as you show each other your latest bastardized Jagger/Richard lyric on your phones! Anyway you look at it...

Date: October 2, 2018 18:20

Smheart???
Jeroen

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 2, 2018 18:50

corriecas

Smheart???

Probably 'Stealing My Heart' - Forty Licks, 2002 (CD2, Track 15).

Date: October 2, 2018 20:11

guyrachel
I cannot believe you all bother spending your time writing this stuff, lousy jokes at your own expense! I can’t wait for a new album, and I’ll take any and all of it! Love D&G and SMHeart, and I loved Blue and Goddess and Crosseywd, it’s not all genius, but I really enjoy listening to them make new music, and I think if one gem surfaces every 15 years, that’s a major deal, to write a song at all takes so much craft and even then it can ultimately fail, sometimes time decides that. But your endless boring jokes, with your little quotes, you’d really think you all hated the band, were sitting together somewhere in a little bar, drunk, sniggering as you show each other your latest bastardized Jagger/Richard lyric on your phones! Anyway you look at it...

Party pooper...sad smiley ...

Nothing wrong with people having a little bit of harmless fun while the long and seemingly endless wait continues...

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: October 2, 2018 20:17

i think it says something about put your @#$%& shoes on.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 2, 2018 21:30

I hope it has some more mature lyrics. Not overly mature, but at least more than Yellow/Jello. I can’t remember which review it was. It was for ABB. They wrote that the album had a tad too many “she done me wrong” songs, and I agreed with that in hindsight. Of course those kinds of lyrics harkens back to the old blues songs, but I think we’ve heard quite a bit too many of Jagger’s poppy blues lyrics set to a countryesque up tempo pop ballad. You know the kind I’m talking about: The songs that always has a couture dress, a rendezvous or someone who’s becoming a grouch. That particular kind of Stones tune I’m REALLY sick of. I wanna have a bluesy ballad where Mick sings about his feelings of getting old and getting near the end of the line. Or a rocker where he’s lambasting the direction of the world. Or a soul tune where he’s professing his love for his children. Maybe even a song where he “talks” to the large amount of followers he and the band has had for the past 56 years, saying “We never knew you personally, but thanks for coming along for the ride. It was much more fun with all of you here”. Or maybe about the passing of his father. Something like that. I’ve always loved Fool To Cry for being so down to earth and it must’ve been strange for the fans in 1976 to suddenly hear Mr. D himself sing a lovely song about his daughter (even though he’s putting a social spin on it). They should do that again. And it wouldn’t only work for ballads only either. They could easily put the right lyric to a rocker. Bruce Springsteen does it all the time.

JumpingKentFlash

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...198199200201202203204205206207208...LastNext
Current Page: 203 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1948
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home