Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...197198199200201202203204205206207...LastNext
Current Page: 202 of 704
Re: Another Stones studio album coming up?
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 27, 2018 01:51

hopkins
well i haven't time to read the thread. Hopkins followers (there aren't any, and I can't stand to read them back, frankly), have not noticed that i've been quite
the busy hopkins. you could say this is my time of year. you'd be wrong, but you could say it.

Most assuredly I am a hopkins fan. It's as if Andrew Loog Oldham and my revered Revvy had a baby and taught him to play piano like Nicky and talk like his two Dads. Always a joy to have you back, hopkins. Taking the time to work through your posts and their sidelines, byways, and Gnostic Easter Eggs is its own reward.

As always, "No wonder they keep [you] down in the fu*ing basement." Thank you, Edward for the ByEdwardWord.

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: September 27, 2018 02:26

corriecas
stargroover
Hopefully a Christmas 2018 album release,swiftly followed by a summer 2019 album.

Stay of the mushrooms baby.it will make you loose your mind.
Jeroen
yes. and pass the pipe

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 28, 2018 19:23

bye bye johnny
Theodora Richards posted some Don Was photos along with a selfie at Germano Studios:

My Don Was bare feet while he Bares his musical soul photo montages

[www.instagram.com]

I got it/ figured it out.
Was in bare feet mediates and holds the floor down/ grounding.
Too much electricity! smoking smiley

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: September 28, 2018 20:12

gotdablouse
KRiffhard
bye bye johnny
From Jay-Vee Records Instagram, September 20:

Compadres. Mick, Steve, Keith.

[www.instagram.com]

...good sign!! thumbs up

That picture is the best news about a new Stones album since, well, the December 2015 sessions. It had really been downhill from there with the "hit the wall", Keith's "productivity doesn't mean sh*t to me" and "I need to sit down with Mick and write songs" (implying there would no new album without that). There'd been some random hints about Mick and Keith being in the studio from time to time but that's the first proof really. Not sure why Steve Jordan was there (has he even been credited as a musician on a Stones session since Dirty Work ?) but that's a detail.

The other info/pics about random overdubs clearly wasn't going to make a new album possible and if something had still been slapped together somehow, what would the odds have been for it to be any better/memorable than ABB ?

What about Mick Jagger's quote 'the new stuff is sounding really good'. What about Keiths quotes in that the stuff was interesting .. or Chuck Levells quotes about the material being interesting (being as he recorded on it already) ..and him saying he has no doubt a new Stones albumis to come. What about Don Was's quote about Mick and Keith's songwriting session in 2017 as being 'something to behold'?

I mean we are taking one line out of 10 in a session that supposedly occurred 3 years ago? Do you know how many sessions I have done with artists / bands in which things didn't go that well (while many of their others went just dandy?).... Every other week lol.

Folks .. it was a sentence about a session that gave them the route to record Blue& Lonesome .. They continued working on new material <AFTER> the Blue & Lonesome tracks had been recorded for days during that very same segment. They continued working several times after on the album.

Lazy ... yes... Neglectful about it ...yes ... lack of focus on finishing it ..yes -

But to say these past three years has been mostly bad news or to infer that is just not so. It was one sentence about one session three years ago folks ...Lol That's all it was .. yikes.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 29, 2018 05:30

Ian

Please forgive those that think the definition of insanity is attributed to Albert Einstein, who never said such a thing nor does it mean that that is repeatedly said to be, which it is not.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: September 29, 2018 08:18

stargroover
Hopefully a Christmas 2018 album release,swiftly followed by a summer 2019 album.

That would be cool but it won't happen. Meanwhile I rather feel tempted to say, summer 2019 if we're lucky.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: September 29, 2018 16:40

doitywoik
stargroover

That would be cool but it won't happen. Meanwhile I rather feel tempted to say, summer 2019 if we're lucky.

Not about the indicated dates, but the possibly two releases of album: Could it be that they have so much of more than decent recorded material that they ought to spread it out on two separate album releases?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 29, 2018 16:59

Witness
doitywoik
stargroover

Not about the indicated dates, but the possibly two releases of album: Could it be that they have so much of more than decent recorded material that they ought to spread it out on two separate album releases?

Wont happen. we will have to wait for the outtakes to be released in 2049.
i will be dead then.
jeroen

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 29, 2018 19:23

corriecas
Witness
doitywoik
stargroover

i will be dead then.
jeroen

Yes, in a Deluxe box set available in numerous formats...looking forward to 2049 when I'll probably have one foot in the grave, but still following the Stones. thumbs up confused smiley

Date: September 29, 2018 19:30

Hairball
corriecas
Witness
doitywoik
stargroover

i will be dead then.
jeroen

Yes, in a Deluxe box set available in numerous formats...looking forward to 2049 when I'll probably have one foot in the grave, but still following the Stones. thumbs up confused smiley

hot smileysmileys with beersmileys with beer
Just like me.
Jeroen

Date: October 1, 2018 05:51

Witness

In principle yes, in real life rather no. They could even make it a double CD, no? In interviews accompanying the release of Bridges To Babylon Keith said they had material for two albums and a follow-up would come out the following year. (There's a thread about it somewhere.) Never came. A part of what didn't make the album cut will possibly become b-sides of singles.

Posted by: keefgotsoul ()
Date: October 1, 2018 07:02

I’m pretty sure the new Rolling Stones album will be out tomorrow and it’s their best since Exile. Also, tickets for the upcoming tour will be free.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: October 1, 2018 10:57

keefgotsoul
I’m pretty sure the new Rolling Stones album will be out tomorrow and it’s their best since Exile. Also, tickets for the upcoming tour will be free.

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: October 1, 2018 18:26

I don't know for how long I have read posts, arguing that albums of the recent decades are much too long. In that case, under the assumption that the recorded material now were to be of decent quality, splitting the material into two albums could be seen as a valid proposition, I thought.

But apparently not.

Date: October 1, 2018 20:09

Of course it could be seen as a valid proposition - given they have enough decent songs. winking smiley It's just judging from the past couple of decades it seems unlikely they would issue a double cd or two cds in subsequent years. One might of course argue they never had enough decent material anyway ...

As for long cds, yes, this complaint comes up every once in a while. It's just that it would be impossible to find a consensus among fans (not to speak of the band, perhaps) which songs should have been left out. By way of overlong cds, everyone gets the three or four songs they actually like (remember: one man's gem is another man's train wreck ...). Of course this generates a lot of fillers (a/k/a the songs one doesn't like so much), but if you take a bow in every direction you also show everyone your behind ... grinning smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 1, 2018 20:35

"Writing lyrics #newmusic"

[www.instagram.com]

Date: October 1, 2018 20:55

Thanks Cristiano.
jeroen

Posted by: eduardoacdc ()
Date: October 1, 2018 21:00

VERY NICE INDEED

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 1, 2018 22:35

Cristiano Radtke

[www.instagram.com]

...for a new solo album?

Posted by: blivet ()
Date: October 1, 2018 22:38

doitywoik
As for long cds, yes, this complaint comes up every once in a while. It's just that it would be impossible to find a consensus among fans ... which songs should have been left out.

I may be mistaken, but I think the Stones are unique in that the people who would describe themselves as huge fans completely disagree as to what is their best and worst material and lineup. People say they stopped being any good after Brian died, while others insist that they put out their best stuff after Ronnie joined.

People on this board can't stand some of their biggest hits, like "Miss You", and sing the praises of "Gomper". To my mind, if you don't like Exile on Main St., you don't like the Stones, but there seems to be a sizeable number of fans who dislike it, or just don't see the appeal.

I don't think there is anything quite like it, considering that all in all, the band's sound has actually been pretty consistent over the years. It's not the same as people who prefer the Peter Green era of Fleetwood Mac over the Rumours era, say, because those really might as well be different bands who happen to have the same name.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: October 1, 2018 22:51

Another Studio álbum coming up?? Yes se hope. Yes se Belice
It will be called slow train coming, as Dylan's

Date: October 2, 2018 03:43

KeithNacho
Another Studio álbum coming up?? Yes se hope. Yes se Belice
It will be called slow train coming, as Dylan's

Dylan signed that album (on the inside!) for me backstage in Akron in between his encore when I was a boy <1980>. Magical night -

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-02 03:44 by IanBillen.

Date: October 2, 2018 04:04

KRiffhard
Cristiano Radtke

[www.instagram.com]

...for a new solo album?

Writing lyrics for new music?

What happened to the garbage pile of 40 demos?

Shouldn't he be focusing of finishing the new album vs. writing lyrics for new music?

Maybe those 40 demos weren't good enough for a new Stones album?!!!

Is he embellishing some previously written lyrics that weren't up to snuff (ala Getta Grip), or are they starting from scratch?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 2, 2018 04:07

Can anyone make out those lyrics ??????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 2, 2018 04:14

Be nice

ROCKMAN

Date: October 2, 2018 04:39

Rockman

Be nice

winking smileythumbs up

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 2, 2018 05:42

Rockman

When I first enlarged the photo to try, I thought, where’s Rockman? Lol
The page is just illegible enough for privacy—
Love the pic

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 2, 2018 06:25

Rockman

"Have you seen the lyrics babeee, written in that notebook"?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 2, 2018 07:06

doitywoik
Witness

In principle yes, in real life rather no. They could even make it a double CD, no? In interviews accompanying the release of Bridges To Babylon Keith said they had material for two albums and a follow-up would come out the following year. (There's a thread about it somewhere.) Never came. A part of what didn't make the album cut will possibly become b-sides of singles.

BRIDGES is a double LP. You're splitting hairs with the format. What Keith said seems to have happened. If what made the album was better than what they left off then it was hopeless to be a triple LP (double CD) in terms of quality when you consider Already Over Me, Gunface, MAWGJ and Always Suffering.

Date: October 2, 2018 07:42

Hairball
KRiffhard
Cristiano Radtke

[www.instagram.com]

...for a new solo album?

Writing lyrics for new music?

Shouldn't he be focusing of finishing the new album vs. writing lyrics for new music?

Maybe those 40 demos weren't good enough for a new Stones album?!!!

Is he embellishing some previously written lyrics that weren't up to snuff (ala Getta Grip), or are they starting from scratch?

Guy . chillax me Bruh Lol '40 Demos' .. 'Hit the Wall' .. Those were lines from days way back. Things change.. time has passed ... they have been in the studio at least a handful of times since then. 40 Demos could easily be 5-10-15 songs bynow. Maybe none of em made it. Maybe only three of them. Maybe they just wrote a new song .. Maybe that was a long time ago and we are behind.

It's like seeing a painter 2-3 years ago and saying 'hey .. ya told me ya had 20 painting ideas .. How could you possibly be doing this or that ..?'

Hed reply that he did but that is not <all> he had going and that some of those were put to use and either way that was transitions ago .. etc. etc.

Same is true with all these quotes .. Things go on behind closed doors .. we have no idea where they are or how they got this material. It is indeed .. the mystery album. The longest running of their career and yet nobody knows anything about it Lol

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...197198199200201202203204205206207...LastNext
Current Page: 202 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1735
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home