Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...194195196197198199200201202203204...LastNext
Current Page: 199 of 704
Re: Another Stones studio album coming up?
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 21, 2018 11:57

Jimmy C
Dropping an album unannounced and unexpected has become a very popular thing by several artists lately. Eminem just did it. I wonder if they would do something like that which is seen as very current and something they’ve never done before.
Jagger had done that with the gga single.
Jeroen

Date: September 21, 2018 11:58

It maybe that mick n keef got together to do something for the BB reissue...
Jeroen

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 21, 2018 12:58

bye bye johnny
From Jay-Vee Records Instagram, September 20:

Compadres. Mick, Steve, Keith.

[www.instagram.com]

...good sign!! thumbs up

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 21, 2018 13:33

Theodora Richards posted some Don Was photos along with a selfie at Germano Studios:

My Don Was bare feet while he Bares his musical soul photo montages

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: September 21, 2018 14:11

And Theodora is doing s “Stones tongue” in that selfie, she that’s a pretty strong clue.....

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 21, 2018 14:28

So it would appear they are working at Germano Studios

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-21 14:29 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 21, 2018 15:20

significant....when's the last time the glimmers seemed so pleased......

Date: September 21, 2018 15:50

Great to see Mick n Keef together n so happy.
Hope they get some good sessions done.
Jeroen

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: September 21, 2018 16:41

bye bye johnny
Theodora Richards posted some Don Was photos along with a selfie at Germano Studios:

My Don Was bare feet while he Bares his musical soul photo montages
"No shoes"
[www.instagram.com]

Date: September 21, 2018 16:43

"200 Pages thread, no shoes"

Date: September 21, 2018 16:43

«No shoes» is actually a good sign! smoking smiley

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 21, 2018 17:22

DandelionPowderman
lem motlow
Of course Clifford too-how are you gonna be in the studio working on Jagger/Clifford and Richards/Jordan songs and not give Matt a credit somewhere?

But why producing?

He had a shared producer credit with Don Was on A BIGGER BANG. He's had pre-production credits with the Stones and producer credits with Mick solo. It's what he does.

And thank you to Bye Bye Johnny for confirming Don Was and Steve Jordan were at Germano together. Interesting.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: September 21, 2018 17:25

NO FILTER
NO STOPPING
NO SHOES

I sense a pattern...
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: September 21, 2018 17:33

Rocky Dijon
DandelionPowderman
lem motlow
Of course Clifford too-how are you gonna be in the studio working on Jagger/Clifford and Richards/Jordan songs and not give Matt a credit somewhere?

But why producing?

He had a shared producer credit with Don Was on A BIGGER BANG. He's had pre-production credits with the Stones and producer credits with Mick solo. It's what he does.

And thank you to Bye Bye Johnny for confirming Don Was and Steve Jordan were at Germano together. Interesting.

I thought he only had a shared production credit (probably for discussing ideas with Mick during pre-production) with Mick, Keith and Don on one Stones-tune: Rain Fall Down?

Mick and Keith produced Doom And Gloom (+ Jeff Bhasker and Emile Haynie for the other single-versions).

Matt co-wrote four songs on Goddess + played on one song on Wandering Spirit. He was one of many producers on Goddess:

Matt Clifford, Marti Frederiksen, Mick Jagger, Jerry 'Wonder' Duplessis, Wyclef Jean, Lenny Kravitz and Chris Potter.

I suspect what he does is rather helping Mick shape his songs during pre-production. It's a wee bit from there to producing a Stones album, I'll imagine - but, that said, I could very well be wrong here.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 21, 2018 18:50

corriecas
Jimmy C
Dropping an album unannounced and unexpected has become a very popular thing by several artists lately. Eminem just did it. I wonder if they would do something like that which is seen as very current and something they’ve never done before.
Jagger had done that with the gga single.
Jeroen

Conversely
having a million dollar marketing budget, splash and cash, hit all the news circuits have Spotify screen saver your new record and live stream to the world
ala Paul McCartney
makes for some numbers.
If that’s what you’re after.

Date: September 21, 2018 19:03

It is going to be a great album. It seems there has been a lot of work on it. Surely It is gonna be worth the waiting

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 21, 2018 19:19

KeithNacho
It is going to be a great album. It seems there has been a lot of work on it. Surely It is gonna be worth the waiting

I tentatively agree...

Seems they're compromising/cooperating with each other, and easing up on their individual visions of where the album should go.
Keith wanted traditional/classic Stones, while Mick was aiming for something experimental - put them both together and it might end up the best of both worlds.
And when considering the last two full Stones related albums (Blue and Lonesome & Crosseyed Heart), seems that might be the direction they're building from - at least production wise. That's my hope anyways.
And whatever one thinks of Keith's original songs from Crosseyed Heart or the covers from Blue and Lonesome, there's no denying the minimal production of both was fantastic imo.

Date: September 21, 2018 19:24

They could work to release the complete pathe marconi sessions and outtakes. It could result on a magnific and terrific 5 CD release

Date: September 21, 2018 21:25

DandelionPowderman
I thought he only had a shared production credit (probably for discussing ideas with Mick during pre-production) with Mick, Keith and Don on one Stones-tune: Rain Fall Down?

Mick and Keith produced Doom And Gloom (+ Jeff Bhasker and Emile Haynie for the other single-versions).

Matt co-wrote four songs on Goddess + played on one song on Wandering Spirit. He was one of many producers on Goddess:

Matt Clifford, Marti Frederiksen, Mick Jagger, Jerry 'Wonder' Duplessis, Wyclef Jean, Lenny Kravitz and Chris Potter.

I suspect what he does is rather helping Mick shape his songs during pre-production. It's a wee bit from there to producing a Stones album, I'll imagine - but, that said, I could very well be wrong here.

He had pre-production credits for three of the FOUR NEW LICKS and on "Streets of Love." He had a co-producer credit on "Rain Fall Down". Presumably, his involvement was more than just a highly polished demo in that instance. He produced Mick's two "solo" tracks last year. Don's name wasn't on them at all.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: September 21, 2018 22:13

I think (hope) the upshot of Keith prepping tracks with Steve in NYC — and now, evidently, Mick contributing to or finishing these Keith tracks, as in the good old days — is that we’ll get a more balanced album.

A Bigger Bang, whatever its other faults or virtues, was not a balanced album. The scheduling was compressed. Everything was on Mick’s preferred timetable and quite literally on Mick’s turf. Keith got steamrolled.

Many of us (including myself) thought Keith had had it creatively. “Crosseyed Heart” indicated he had more left in the tank. And it appears that Jordan coaxed even more out of him and very likely made Mick’s life a lot easier in the bargain.

I imagine the creative pitch went something like this: “Mick, gimme time to write and create workable demos. You don’t have to sit and listen to me for hours. Let Jordan handle that. We’ll send you the tapes. Fly to NYC for a couple days to sing your parts. No fights. No hassle.”

Date: September 21, 2018 22:47

Rocky Dijon
DandelionPowderman

He had pre-production credits for three of the FOUR NEW LICKS and on "Streets of Love." He had a co-producer credit on "Rain Fall Down". Presumably, his involvement was more than just a highly polished demo in that instance. He produced Mick's two "solo" tracks last year. Don's name wasn't on them at all.

OK, I won't use Wikipedia again smiling smiley

Thanks, Bill thumbs up

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 22, 2018 00:23

'Expect the worst. You can only be pleasantly surpised.' - Ben Franklin

Date: September 22, 2018 00:29

Ben Franklin said that about Keith's first song on VOODOO LOUNGE.

Posted by: Ram ()
Date: September 22, 2018 00:48

Instagram from 8 minutes ago:
OfficialKeef: “Working on new music”
So there ya go, cut and dry. Picture of KR playing guitar in the studio. Check the gram.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 22, 2018 00:53

Ram
Instagram from 8 minutes ago:
OfficialKeef: “Working on new music”
So there ya go, cut and dry. Picture of KR playing guitar in the studio. Check the gram.

Thanks, Ram!

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 22, 2018 00:56

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Ram ()
Date: September 22, 2018 00:59

Thank you gentlemen, I still don’t know how to post a photo from my phone! Cheers!

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: September 22, 2018 02:56

Kurt
NO FILTER
NO STOPPING
NO SHOES

I sense a pattern...
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
NO ALBUM

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: September 22, 2018 05:12

Jimmy C

No chance on that. The Stones and Universal like to build up excitement. A hint here .. a tease there... and then some official word and not too long after a promotion vid commercial to coincide. This ensures sales rather than risking it going a bit under the radar (<no pun ha).

The Stones are/were known for surprise (well .. very short notice) press conferences .. but they don't release new products as such.

I'm not suggesting everyone and their brother will want to run out and get it with it selling a million copies a week ...but still they are going to want to build curiosity .. and fan-fare so as many people as possible are ready to go out and buy it by the official release date.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-22 05:15 by IanBillen.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 22, 2018 06:30

A new album will help sell tickets for the upcoming tour even if they ignore playing 90% of it.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...194195196197198199200201202203204...LastNext
Current Page: 199 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1746
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home