Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...193194195196197198199200201202203...LastNext
Current Page: 198 of 704
Re: Another Stones studio album coming up?
Posted by: dave9199 ()
Date: September 18, 2018 15:07

Hairball
Yeah I agree Ian, FOCUS is the word, but they have so many darn distractions (vacation, family time, etc.), and the upcoming tour might sideline it for awhile more.
They don't want to rush into releasing another mediocre album, and quality is seemingly what's taking soooooooo long! Hopefully sooner rather than later,
but I'd rather be patient and wait for something long lasting and of high quality, then get immediate/temporary gratification with something average, and I'm sure they're thinking along the same lines.
Tour be damned, they'll finish it whenever it's ready! Could be next month, right before the tour, during the tour, or after the tour - nobody knows for sure, not even them!
Come to think of it, they should just release some singles starting with the best one they have, and then work their way through the rest of the scraps and spiff them up to Rolling Stones standards.

Instead of calling it No Filter maybe they could call the album No Focus.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-18 15:08 by dave9199.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: September 18, 2018 18:50

"No release date"

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 18, 2018 19:23

DandelionPowderman
What happened to "No Stopping"?

I loved that, but I think it was just a way of announcing NO FILTER 2018.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: September 19, 2018 00:25

Bashlets
I am of the belief that the album will come by next spring. Also we have no idea how much has been actually completed. Everything from Steel Wheels thru A Bigger Bang was pretty rushed to makes tour deadline. I’m thinking the stones may actually be caring about quality this time around or more so than the last 30 years. We will eventually see.

Xmas would be the perfect timing for the new release

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: September 19, 2018 22:00

marquess
Bashlets
I am of the belief that the album will come by next spring. Also we have no idea how much has been actually completed. Everything from Steel Wheels thru A Bigger Bang was pretty rushed to makes tour deadline. I’m thinking the stones may actually be caring about quality this time around or more so than the last 30 years. We will eventually see.

If it really is to come, better to have a brand new studio album by the Rolling Stones during the long hot summer.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: September 21, 2018 01:00

marquess
Bashlets

It wont be ready for this Christmas, but May/June 2019 looks pretty good, just in time for the next US tour.
Mick and Keith are in the studio right now working on it.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 21, 2018 01:10

georgelicks
marquess
Bashlets

It wont be ready for this Christmas, but May/June 2019 looks pretty good, just in time for the next US tour.
Mick and Keith are in the studio right now working on it.

eye popping smiley

Sound the alarms!!! smileys with beer

Date: September 21, 2018 01:15

Hardly surprising grinning smiley

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: September 21, 2018 01:21

If they’re working on it I’m sure their in the NYC doing demos together.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 21, 2018 02:50

Witness
marquess
Bashlets

If it really is to come, better to have a brand new studio album by the Rolling Stones during the long hot summer.

‘And it sure been a cold, cold winter
And the wind ain't been blowin' from the south
It's sure been a cold, cold winter
And a lotta love is all burned out
It sure been a hard, hard winter
My feet been draggin' 'cross the ground
And I hope it's gonna be a long hot summer
And a lotta love will be burnin' bright
And I wish I been out in California’

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 21, 2018 03:04

From Jay-Vee Records Instagram, September 20:

Compadres. Mick, Steve, Keith.

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: dave9199 ()
Date: September 21, 2018 03:04

KeithNacho
"No release date"

HA! I like that one better.

Date: September 21, 2018 03:12

@georgelicks, any word if Steve Jordan, Carl Falk, and Matt Clifford will have production credits on the new album alongside Don Was?

Date: September 21, 2018 03:28

Rocky Dijon
@georgelicks, any word if Steve Jordan, Carl Falk, and Matt Clifford will have production credits on the new album alongside Don Was?

Very likely.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: September 21, 2018 03:47

So we have another writing/working/creating (<or something) material session for Mick and Keith.

Band will probably 'record' what is needed before 2018 is out. All wishful thinking and assuming but as was stated here by George licks .. Spring seems to be the target release time frame.

Well .. it is still in the making and on par for release. Liking that.

Date: September 21, 2018 04:41

IanBillen
So we have another writing/working/creating (<or something) material session for Mick and Keith.

Band will probably 'record' what is needed before 2018 is out. All wishful thinking and assuming but as was stated here by George licks .. Spring seems to be the target release time frame.

And hopefully just in time for the US tour May/June 2019 which georgelicks stated is a possibility.
Nothing like a Stones tour with a new album to coincide with it, even if they only play one or two new tunes from it!
That said, based on the trials and tribulations of this record making process thus far, can't count the chickens until they're hatched.

PS - thanks byebyejohnny for the pic posted above - Keith looks so happy - it appears there's even some color coming back to his hair!
And very pleased to see Steve Jordan involved! thumbs up

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: September 21, 2018 05:07

Hairball
IanBillen

And hopefully just in time for the US tour May/June 2019 which georgelicks stated is a possibility.
Nothing like a Stones tour with a new album to coincide with it, even if they only play one or two new tunes from it!
That said, based on the trials and tribulations of this record making process thus far, can't count the chickens until they're hatched.

PS - thanks byebyejohnny for the pic posted above - Keith looks so happy - it appears there's even some color coming back to his hair!
And very pleased to see Steve Jordan involved! thumbs up

Yes .. Mick and Keith seem to be getting on pretty darn well at the moment, actually. Clues to this would indicate beyond the image itself. Keith likes Germano .. It is his sort of Studio Hang Out in the states. Mick agreed to join the party there in a sense I guess you could say .. says a lot.

Certainly, I know Steve Jordan has worked with Keith (and Don Was) .. many times over the years on various projects .. but has he ever been involved in an 'all rolling stones' album?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-21 05:08 by IanBillen.

Date: September 21, 2018 05:22

Hairball

The band won't tour behind of the new album, it will be a bonus, 2 new songs on a 19-20 song setlist is very likely, 1 from Mick and 1 from Keith, after all Macca is playing 3 new songs on a 35-40 song setlist.

Also the new album process is very much like Keith's latest album time frame: 2011-2015 with 3-4 Stones mini tours in the middle of it.

This one is 2015-2019, with 3-4 tours and with a covers album as extra bonus.

Date: September 21, 2018 05:38

georgelicks
Hairball

The band won't tour behind of the new album, it will be a bonus, 2 new songs on a 19-20 song setlist is very likely, 1 from Mick and 1 from Keith, after all Macca is playing 3 new songs on a 35-40 song setlist.

Also the new album process is very much like Keith's latest album time frame: 2011-2015 with 3-4 Stones mini tours in the middle of it.

georgelicks
The band won't tour behind of the new album, it will be a bonus, 2 new songs on a 19-20 song setlist is very likely, 1 from Mick and 1 from Keith...

Yes georgelicks that's sort of what I was insinuating, in fact I mentioned that's the probable likelihood if a new album is released prior to the tour in the North American Tour thread - one or two new songs at the most per/show. There's a slim possibility they might change one of them out for another (?), but if it's a mini tour (14 shows) and the setlist remains at only 19, not much room to mix it up.
But again, a new album coinciding with a new tour is always great - even if they only play one or two songs from it - it adds some extra excitement and shows they're still a productive band.

As for the process of Crosseyed Heart and this new one, yes I see the similarities as far as time frame, etc, but the trials and tribulations I was referring to invlolved "hitting the wall", Getta Grip/England Lost, etc.. etc., etc. - things that weren't evident with Keith's album.

Date: September 21, 2018 05:44

IanBillen
Certainly, I know Steve Jordan has worked with Keith (and Don Was) .. many times over the years on various projects .. but has he ever been involved in an 'all rolling stones' album?

Well, Steve is on DIRTY WORK if that counts.

I didn't know Steve had worked with Don Was before. Not doubting you, just unaware of it.

Not certain, but I don't think Don has been at any of the sessions with Steve this time around. Likewise, Carl Falk and Matt Clifford. Soldatti may know otherwise, but I'm not certain how much he is at liberty to say.

Steve looks a bit like Wesley Snipes as Blade.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-21 05:45 by Rocky Dijon.

Date: September 21, 2018 07:02

As I was previously focusing on Keith's big smile and hair in that pic, I just now noticed that Keith's index finger is massively inflamed - more so than it has been recently.
I know he's taken medication for the arthritis in the past, and thought his fingers looked ok during the No Filter tour (in comparison to how gnarled they've looked previously), but this might be reason for concern.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 21, 2018 07:07

They look like they’ve finished a session/ worked smileys with beer
Thanks for the picture!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 21, 2018 08:32

A nice picture of Mick & Keith with Steve. We haven't seen many of The Twins together in the studio during these years. Quite a lot little signs of a studio activity lately (Mick's guitar riff/blues harmonica clips and Keith's acoustic blues clip). Add there georgelick's information. All looks good for a new album.thumbs up

Mick telling Keith that there is a nice little studio down there on south he just visited last week to see Jerry Lee Lewis.. The Stones could cut a track or two there...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: September 21, 2018 08:35

Of course it will come out for the U.S. tour,they need something to promote/hype.if they do the greatest hits again in the states it will not go over well.
They could sell tickets,in a country with 325 million people somebody will always show up but in terms of being a hot ticket Stones level event it ain’t happening.
The Stones aren’t as big in The States as they are in S.America or Europe,They’ve probably done 35 or so shows here since 2006 and haven’t done near the business of many top selling acts.
If they release the record on the right day they could score a number 1 though.
Everyone is popping champagne corks over Mcartney topping the charts with 153,000 in sales,if he released it last week he would’ve gone against Eminem’s 450,000.

Date: September 21, 2018 08:40

georgelicks
Rocky Dijon

Very likely.

Clifford, too??

I can understand that he gets credits for recording, engineering and even arranging, but producing? Why?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-21 10:28 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: September 21, 2018 08:47

Of course Clifford too-how are you gonna be in the studio working on Jagger/Clifford and Richards/Jordan songs and not give Matt a credit somewhere?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 21, 2018 08:55

"Last night after recording the final vocals for TheDye’s EP I was having pizza on the bar of the corner of the street and Mick Jagger came into the bar with his girlfriend. I didn’t want to bother him as he was enjoying his company so I didn’t approach him but his security guy a really nice Argentine gave this guitar pick used yesterday in the studio. I’ll always keep it. Hopefully next time I see him I can chat with him about music and share some of our songs with him..."

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: Jimmy C ()
Date: September 21, 2018 09:12

Dropping an album unannounced and unexpected has become a very popular thing by several artists lately. Eminem just did it. I wonder if they would do something like that which is seen as very current and something they’ve never done before.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: September 21, 2018 11:25

georgelicks
Hairball

And hopefully they expand on Blue and Lonesome which would add just a little more variety. Thank you Mick and Keith......

Date: September 21, 2018 11:25

lem motlow
Of course Clifford too-how are you gonna be in the studio working on Jagger/Clifford and Richards/Jordan songs and not give Matt a credit somewhere?

But why producing?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...193194195196197198199200201202203...LastNext
Current Page: 198 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1557
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home