Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...175176177178179180181182183184185...LastNext
Current Page: 180 of 704
Re: Another Stones studio album in 2018
Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: June 7, 2018 22:22

People.... JEEEEZ!

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: June 11, 2018 13:19

stonehearted
Hairball
Looks like 2020 after all, but you never know...maybe they'll hit a massive creative streak and release two albums before then.

"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade."

We'll with what we've got so for no album out of a lost situation ... Gotta say ...What you two call 'lemonade' I call piss water.

grinning smiley ... (just kidding)

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: June 11, 2018 19:23

New album issue will be in Dec.2019...Next Dec.is scheduled Beggars Banquet Deluxe, then probably a North American or an Australasian Tour in early '19...They'll finish new album recording between Oct./Nov. and spring of 2019.The new album issue in Dec.'19 is a good publicity for a couple of years till the 60th anniversary in 2022...

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 11, 2018 19:55

mailexile67

The new album issue in Dec.'19 is a good publicity for a couple of years till the 60th anniversary in 2022...

But it's still 2.5 years between Dec.'19 and Jul. '22 - too long to attract the attention of ordinary fans ....

next album, another cover album to outstone the stones
Posted by: lippmann ()
Date: June 26, 2018 22:12

hey there,
how about another cover album, where the stones can tribute the zillion bands, that cover their work with own songs,
primal scream : jailbird, rocks
ryan adams : rescue blues,keith song and 500 others
flaming groovies: teenage head, yesterdays numbers, high flying baby, 32-20
kris kristofferson : borderlord
dave mason : shouldnt took more than you gave
wilco : blasting fonda, monday
new york dolls : who are the mystery girls
steve wynn: nothin but the shell
grateful dead : saturday night, deal, etc
little feat : willin , truck stop girl
gun club: mother earth
flying burritos : lazy days etc.
everytime i hear the blue and lonesome album, i think about something like this, imagine you go to stuttgart on saturday and they start with yesterday numbers from the teenage head album.. "have you ever been alone? so alone you couldnt cry! wouldnt that be great..just dreamin..

Re: next album, another cover album to outstone the stones
Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: June 26, 2018 23:30

What a great idea, I must make a Spotify playlist up

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 27, 2018 00:54

Wont happen ………………..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: June 29, 2018 17:09

Rocky Dijon
JumpingKentFlash
Rocky Dijon
That is very true and my posts on IORR are certainly colored by an American perspective.

I wouldn’t want to be without your views though.

Nicest thing anyone's said to me in a long time. Thanks, JKF.

Forgot to check back here. You’re very welcome Rocky!

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: June 30, 2018 02:34

KevinLocksPerm
So, now we’re talking about 2020 for a new album. People should face up to it. This ain’t ever happening.
Holy Crap

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 30, 2018 10:38

I really cant be bothered about the new album any more.
Hope they will hit Europe with some shows in 2 years.
Jeroen

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: June 30, 2018 14:00

Rockman
Wont happen ………………..

Changed your tume from way back in the deep recesses of this thread mate? Or are you talking about an Aussie tour in '19 not being on the cards?

Rod

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 30, 2018 20:59

bitusa2012
Rockman
Wont happen ………………..

Changed your tume from way back in the deep recesses of this thread mate? Or are you talking about an Aussie tour in '19 not being on the cards?

I think he was replying to the post above by lippmann "another cover album, where the stones can tribute the zillion bands, that cover their work with own songs"...

I have a feeling that once the tour is over and after they have some family time, they might get an urge to get back to work on this supposed new album that's been a never ending process up to this point. Then again, the heavily rumoured return to touring in the near future might add some more delays. While I'd never say it will never happen, not holding my breath for it to happen anytime soon. A release in 2020 seems to be the correct timeline, and 2020 might even be a nice title for a tune or the whole album itself...(or maybe something along the lines of Hindsight is 2020).

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 30, 2018 21:43

MICHIGAN AVENUE 2020

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: June 30, 2018 21:50

lippmann
hey there,
how about another cover album, where the stones can tribute the zillion bands, that cover their work with own songs,
primal scream : jailbird, rocks
ryan adams : rescue blues,keith song and 500 others
flaming groovies: teenage head, yesterdays numbers, high flying baby, 32-20
kris kristofferson : borderlord
dave mason : shouldnt took more than you gave
wilco : blasting fonda, monday
new york dolls : who are the mystery girls
steve wynn: nothin but the shell
grateful dead : saturday night, deal, etc
little feat : willin , truck stop girl
gun club: mother earth
flying burritos : lazy days etc.
everytime i hear the blue and lonesome album, i think about something like this, imagine you go to stuttgart on saturday and they start with yesterday numbers from the teenage head album.. "have you ever been alone? so alone you couldnt cry! wouldnt that be great..just dreamin..

Please no not another cover album, something new to replace the WarnoutHorses.
But i get your drift thumbs upsmileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-30 21:52 by keithsman.

Date: July 2, 2018 08:40

Chuck Leavell has recorded on the new album (as by now we might have assumed).

He said some of the stuff is really interesting .. and that Mick and Keith got together a few times last year to write. He also says they have a lpretty fair amount work to do on it still ... Isnt even so much as 'semi-close' to being finished lol is how he sort of talked (Really? ....how many years does it take to get to work or complete it Lol smh).

He says he has no doubt in his mind a new studio album will happen but we wont get it until ..."it's ready" as Keith says. He said if he had a gun to his head he would guess around Spring of 2019 to happen.

He also says they have written more and there is possibly more to record from the last few writing session by Mick / Keith and possibly more to re-record from previous sessions. He stated they were all together again in London last year recording for it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-02 08:42 by IanBillen.

Date: July 2, 2018 09:39

IanBillen

He said some of the stuff is really interesting .. and that Mick and Keith got together a few times last year to write. He also says they have a lpretty fair amount work to do on it still ... Isnt even so much as 'semi-close' to being finished lol is how he sort of talked (Really? ....how many years does it take to get to work or complete it Lol smh).

He says he has no doubt in his mind a new studio album will happen but we wont get it until ..."it's ready" as Keith says. He said if he had a gun to his head he would guess around Spring of 2019 to happen.

He also says they have written more and there is possibly more to record from the last few writing session by Mick / Keith and possibly more to re-record from previous sessions. He stated they were all together again in London last year recording for it.

Hi Ian. thumbs up

Is this new info, or more recycled news from the last two or three years?'

Or is it something you just imagined? winking smiley

Date: July 2, 2018 10:02

Hairball
IanBillen

Hi Ian. thumbs up

Or is it something you just imagined? winking smiley

No .. it was Chuck Leavells last interview (while on this tour). I actually heard it (it's here on the board). He spoke a bit about the album when finally candidly asked about it. He said what's taking place and what is planned to. He called it still a work in progress (but he did mention that he has 'no doubt' a new album will come)

Everything he said is nothing we haven't heard before .. In fact as you said it's precisely as we've heard ... about ten times over from various sources lol .. BUt at least he confirmed it and put the fact that it may be a myth to bed.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-02 10:06 by IanBillen.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 2, 2018 14:34

This thread has had more views than the album will have sales.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 2, 2018 14:43

Hairball

Interview referenced above is here > [iorr.org]

Date: July 2, 2018 18:41

bye bye johnny
Hairball

Interview referenced above is here > [iorr.org]

Ah thanks bye bye johnny, I must have overlooked that thread - maybe the name 'Leavell' was a deterrent. winking smiley

Date: July 3, 2018 00:57

Gazza

Gazza hun .. Let's not be coy .. ....

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: July 3, 2018 01:07

Gazza

Agreed, specially with an album release on spring, that will be terrible for sales, I can't see Universal throwing a high profile album on April or May.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: July 3, 2018 01:43

IanBillen

He said some of the stuff is really interesting ..

Hm, what else should he say? He couldn't really say it's all crap if he wants to keep the gig with the Stones ... LOL --- Haven't I said some such thing a few months (or years eye popping smiley) back? Dunno, time'n'those waves ...

Gazza

That's the internet, man! grinning smiley

Another question is, will the album possibly have more sales than people who actually listened to it once it came out? hot smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-03 01:43 by doitywoik.

Date: July 3, 2018 02:06

georgelicks
Gazza

Agreed, specially with an album release on spring, that will be terrible for sales, I can't see Universal throwing a high profile album on April or May.

Universal will release the album when I say they shall. The Stones will record the rest of it as soon as I call them to get over here.

It's just that simple folks -

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: July 3, 2018 02:22

IanBillen

Universal will release the album when I say they shall. The Stones will record the rest of it as soon as I call them to get over here.

You da man, Ian! smiling smiley

Date: July 3, 2018 04:54

Here's Chuck proudly showing his playing credits on Blue and Lonesome to a young diehard fan who is not very impressed and is more interested in Clapton as guest guitar player:

winking smiley

Date: July 3, 2018 05:08

Hairball
Here's Chuck proudly showing his playing credits on Blue and Lonesome to a young diehard fan who is not very impressed and is more interested in Clapton as guest guitar player:

winking smiley

He played in New Orleans with Mr. Don Was in May of 2016 for the overdubs for Blue and Lonesome.

Date: July 3, 2018 05:17

Yes Ian that is a fact, and there is discussion of this on another thread:

Chuck

I don't know if you recall this, but as I posted in that thread:

"If I recall, he was upset and bitter he wasn't on the tracks, and practically "demanded" he have some input on it - erasing most of the tracks originally played by Matt Clifford (?) so he could be on it.
Not sure if it was a radio interview or printed in a magazine, but I remember the story causing alot of commotion here".

It seemed out of character for Chuck who I've always thought is a very nice, gentle, friendly guy, but I guess it rubbed him the wrong way when he was initially left out of the sessions. and that's why I remember it.
Anyhow, hope his prediction for Spring 2019 is correct, but it's doubtful as something tells me he has less of an idea of whats happening than Charlie does.

Date: July 3, 2018 06:43

Hairball
Yes Ian that is a fact, and there is discussion of this on another thread:

Chuck

I don't know if you recall this, but as I posted in that thread:

"If I recall, he was upset and bitter he wasn't on the tracks, and practically "demanded" he have some input on it - erasing most of the tracks originally played by Matt Clifford (?) so he could be on it.
Not sure if it was a radio interview or printed in a magazine, but I remember the story causing alot of commotion here".

It seemed out of character for Chuck who I've always thought is a very nice, gentle, friendly guy, but I guess it rubbed him the wrong way when he was initially left out of the sessions. and that's why I remember it.
Anyhow, hope his prediction for Spring 2019 is correct, but it's doubtful as something tells me he has less of an idea of whats happening than Charlie does.

Yezzer. I know you were aware he finally got on it. He was ...ehhhh .. sort of hurt / upset about it you were right. He made a comment in a magazine that he did not hear anything from them about it and he was initially hoping he would play on it. You could tell by his remark or two he was .. kinda pissy about it all.

A couple month's later Keith played the songs for him in a hotel room and told him 'I really want you to play on this' .. (Keith obviously got wind about the situation). It was actually Keith who was elected (or responsible) for going to Chuck to bring him in to the Blue & Lonesome stuff and soften things.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-03 06:45 by IanBillen.

Date: July 3, 2018 07:28

doitywoik
IanBillen

You da man, Ian! smiling smiley

Thanks Mr. Doitywoik! I will arrange that you and Hairball get free passes to some of the sessions!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...175176177178179180181182183184185...LastNext
Current Page: 180 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1262
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home