Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...148149150151152153154155156157158...LastNext
Current Page: 153 of 704
Re: Another Stones studio album in 2018
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: March 30, 2018 06:15

Rocky Dijon

Cheers RD smileys with beer You are good man!

Date: March 30, 2018 17:12

Leonioid
One of the stupidest to read threads ever ... populated mostly by people who have not liked any Stones album in 40 years ... people who are impatiently waiting for a new Stones mainly so they can rip it apart and rake it over the coals ... and when the album does not come they make sht up saying absurd things as if they actually did make another blues album AND IT SUCKS!!! VERY DULL IDEA!!! and other crap.

This is what you get when a supposed fan website drives away actual fans and mostly what remains is people who don't actually like the band anymore... assuming they ever did... a lot of these posters seem like they more belong on a beatles fans site. They sure have more nice things to say about that fly by night boring band than they do The Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the Universe THE ROLLING STONES!

If the Stones never do release a new album I would not blame them. They have the money...
There is no rush for an album which will only get abuse from loud squeaky wheels who do nothing but complain about the bands efforts.

My buddy Chris use to come her all the time he got sick of all the bashing. And you are correct in that some of the things on here have driven away the fans. Most newcomers on here get a negative impression from the first post they make. I use to come here all the time now just once in a while. Most of the stuff on here is posted by a few individuals. And I also agree that this is supposed to be about the Rolling Stones and now it is often about whatever is on someone's mind. There is way to much negative on here to come like I use to.

Date: March 30, 2018 17:21

Hairball
24FPS
Hairball
24FPS
Blue and Lonesome II would probably flop. Now there would be pressure on them to top the first one. They would have to be open to playing with outside players like Jeff Beck, Buddy Guy, and others to make it interesting. I think the charm of the first is the spontaneity and quick recording of it. That can't be replicated. And it would be a big mistake to suddenly bring in all the bells and whistles of modern digital production to try and appeal to a wider audience. If they could keep it raw I would love to hear what outside players could bring to the table, who would love to enhance their own image by playing with the Stones.

While it would be great to bring in Jeff Beck and Buddy Guy just as they brought in Clapton on the first one, I don't think it's a necessity to make a good blues covers album. And why couldn't the spontaneity and quick recording method of the first one be replicated? All they have to do is get in a room, have a list of some vintage blues tunes, play the tunes, and hit record.

And the thought of Jeff Beck and Buddy Guy having their image enhanced by playing with the Stones on blues covers? They really don't need image enhancing by anybody, but I suppose you might be referring to other lesser knowns?

How the hell are they going to replicate the spontaneity of the first album? They didn't even know they were doing it until they were in to it. They hardly had time to think before it went in the can. The second time around Mick would be all over it, trying to control everything.

Sure Jeff Beck & Buddy Guy would have their image enhanced. It brings them up to the Stones level. John Mayer, Derek Trucks, Jack White, would all be interesting additions. Only Clapton was at the Stones level, but at least he burnished his blues credentials by recording with them. And it sounded great.

Obviously they couldn't replicate the literal steps of the first album - ie "not knowing they were doing it until they were into it", but the process and the concept could be easily be replicated - ie "get in a room, have a list of some vintage blues tunes, play the tunes, and hit record". Yes there's the risk of Mick being a control freak, but Keith would be there to remind him about the results of letting it loose which ultimately won a Grammy.

It's actually laughable to think Clapton burnished his blues credentials by recording blues covers with the Stones - he's been doing blues covers since his early days with the Yardbirds and the Bluesbreakers and has released entire blues covers albums under his own name the last couple of decades - one with BB King. His contributions to Blue and Lonesome should be considered a favor to the Stones, but in the end his contributions were for the most inconsequential - some people couldn't even figure out what songs he actually played on unless they read the credits. And again, Jeff Beck and Buddy Guy don't need the Stones to be brought up to any level unless you think little of them and their long established careers- they're already on a level of their own. On the contrary, their presence would elevate the Stones, just as Jeff Beck elevated Mick's solo material giving it some credibility. While both would be a welcome addition, it wouldn't be doing them any big favors in the big picture. In fact, I could see Jeff Beck turning them down at this point in his career.

While Derek Trucks could be a nice addition, and possibly even John Mayer who has some good guitar chops when he plays the blues, Jack White might not. I like a lot of what he's done going back to the White Stripes, but not sure he could fit in properly - especially if they let him sing as he did on Loving Cup for the Shine a Light movie which he basically annihilated. Yes he's a "student of the blues", but generally speaking his guitar playing isn't really that great when compared to all of the above mentioned imo - especially Jeff Beck and Eric Clapton.

Hairball is right. Beck and Clapton are in their own level and COMPLIMENT the band and NOT ENHANCE IT. Keep in mind the Yardbirds put out Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page and Eric Clapton so they certainly had guitar players who had extraordinary careers both solo and with their accompanying bands.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 30, 2018 17:31

Would love to see (as the Rev suggested) a Country & Lonesome follow up to the Blue & Lonesome release.

Could include their own country(ish) songs (Country Tonk, Far Away Eyes etc) along with covers and maybe even new material.
Ronnie on the lap steel guitar, Mick on acoustic/harp, Keith with his licks, would make a fine follow up to B&L.

This cover of Waylon Jennings' "Bob Wills Is Still The King" is the best "straight" country song I've heard them do.
[www.youtube.com]

Date: March 30, 2018 21:39

georgemcdonnell314
Leonioid
One of the stupidest to read threads ever ... populated mostly by people who have not liked any Stones album in 40 years ... people who are impatiently waiting for a new Stones mainly so they can rip it apart and rake it over the coals ... and when the album does not come they make sht up saying absurd things as if they actually did make another blues album AND IT SUCKS!!! VERY DULL IDEA!!! and other crap.

This is what you get when a supposed fan website drives away actual fans and mostly what remains is people who don't actually like the band anymore... assuming they ever did... a lot of these posters seem like they more belong on a beatles fans site. They sure have more nice things to say about that fly by night boring band than they do The Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the Universe THE ROLLING STONES!

If the Stones never do release a new album I would not blame them. They have the money...
There is no rush for an album which will only get abuse from loud squeaky wheels who do nothing but complain about the bands efforts.

My buddy Chris use to come her all the time he got sick of all the bashing. And you are correct in that some of the things on here have driven away the fans. Most newcomers on here get a negative impression from the first post they make. I use to come here all the time now just once in a while. Most of the stuff on here is posted by a few individuals. And I also agree that this is supposed to be about the Rolling Stones and now it is often about whatever is on someone's mind. There is way to much negative on here to come like I use to.

You speak the truth. I still hang out (but less and less) but it requires me to do my best to filter out the same 10-15 people who make up 70% of the posts here (all of them negative and insulting towards the bands) in order to learn and have fun from the 20% of the posts which are still interesting and useful... but the negative nancies make it less fun.

I don't mind some of the off topic posts, but the constant negative attitude about the anything and everything the band does gets old. I understand these people are sick and tired of the band and have nothing nice left to say... and that is their opinion... and they post that opinion over and over and over day in and day out... but...

Usually I ignore it and move on... but in this thread where they basically "made up" that the band released a Blue and Lonesome II and then proceeded to rip it apart... W T F ?

I would love new music from the band, but I understand why they are hesitant to put out anything new when all the negative nancy squeaky wheels will do is bash it in to oblivion... and if Mick mistakes the noise from the squeaky wheels as the majority opinion then what we get is what we have... no new music.

It would be nice if there was a way to filter out posts from certain people, and they could filter out my posts too. It would probably save the moderator some time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-30 21:42 by Leonioid.

Date: March 30, 2018 22:06

But my goodness... I hope and pray that the Stones never release an album made up totally of country noise or rap crap. Those 2 genres are banned in my home. The Stones are a rock and roll band... and it is kind of cute and funny that they have put out some funny novelty country diddys over the years, but if they went all country they would lose me the same way Sheryl Crow did.

I am not a blind eared supporter of this band, I honestly enjoy most of the new music they have put out forever. Every album has 2-6 killer awesome songs, along with 2-6 middle of the road OK songs and 2-3 songs I would rather never have heard, but mostly it has all been good fun and great rock and roll music...

But if they blew that and went 100% country... I would not have one kind word to say about it. I despise country twang sht noise as much as I despise rap crap noise. It is a total mystery to me why or how anyone can listen to it. It all sounds like "a prank bro" to me. Like someone is pranking everyone with that crap and really no one likes it, but they act like they do... or something.

But I understand some people like country noise (it is not music), some people like many weird things in this world...

But if the Stones put out a full album of country or rap I probably wouldn't say much about it here 9beyond this post). I would probably just hang my head... for a little while, be sad... for a little while, ponder another thing in life ruined... for a little while and then move on. I certainly would not spend much time posting about it here, I would not go on and on and on about how much I hate it. Why would I?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 30, 2018 22:48

For what it's worth, when I mentioned Revvy's post over on SHIDOOBEE, he was speculating they could do LONESOME AND BLUE. Revvy suggested it be more Sun Records rockabilly-style with material like the country-tinged numbers they've done for decades now. The idea seemed to pick up a bit of wind after Keith was asked about doing another BLUE AND LONESOME.

There is no news this is happening. It's just something to discuss during the quiet times.

Meantime, we're all waiting for an album of Jagger-Richards songs or Jagger-Clifford songs with a couple Richards tracks, be that as it may.

Not everyone will like it when it comes out. Chances are good most of us will be mixed about it, but won't be able to agree on what are the weak songs and what are the strong ones. Lots of people will carp there were too many tracks and it would have played better with 10 or 12 tracks. The same people will buy promo singles or the Ward Records import to get any extra tracks that didn't make the cut. Some of those people will say the album would have been better if the extra tracks had been included.

It is the way it is. We're all Stones fans who still hang out here. It's a good place when we share differing opinions but don't tell each other they're wrong for not agreeing. I love "Rain Fall Down" and don't like "Rough Justice" at all. Most would flip that entirely. Others love everything. Some hate everything since Bill/Taylor/Brian left. They still buy it. They still see the shows. A lot of it is nitpicking because that's what most fans do, they obsess.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 30, 2018 22:53

From Mick's Instagram stories, posted about two hours ago:

Date: March 30, 2018 23:32

mickjagger- "Back in the studio "

Thanks Cristiano. You must have some kind of alert setting for these posts!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-30 23:32 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 30, 2018 23:35

Wow, Mick is teasing us... probably just checked IORR, and after seeing we are getting bored ("Whaat!!!!! A bloody country cover album...????!!!"), decided to give us something fresh to speculate some more....grinning smiley

"Keef, your turn next!"winking smiley

- Doxa

Date: March 30, 2018 23:36

It's a good place when we share differing opinions but don't tell each other they're wrong for not agreeing. I love "Rain Fall Down" and don't like "Rough Justice" at all. Most would flip that entirely.

I represent that remark, I really like Rough Justice, for several reasons... but I would pass on Rain Fall Down (or I used to too... I just had another listen and it is not that bad of a song. smoking smiley

I love Rough Justice and not only for how much it rocks, not only for being a dumb ole school boy rock song with throw away lyrics mostly attitude and Stones..... but I also love it for the memories of the very first time I heard it. I was on the street, on the East side of Fenway Park, hanging out with a bunch of other Stones nut jobs listening to them rehearse for the Bigger Bang tour, opening night happened 3 nights later.

We were all hanging out having fun relishing (but no admitting to) our Stones psychosis while listening to THE ROLLING STONES PLAY LIVE!!! And it was clear as a bell. They played so many songs... it was awesome!!! and then it happened... then they played this song which I had never heard before (BB was not out yet)(and the stupidhead radio stations in my city dont "get" the Rolling Stones)... so I had never heard it... and it was clear as bell... AND IT ROCKED!!! I was giddy. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!! Hearing that new song did nothing to help cure my Stones psychosis... it actually made it worse.hot smiley

To this very day when I hear Rough Justice I am Quantum Leaped back to Landsdowns street, back to that warm night when I first heard that new (to me) Stones song played LIVE for the very first time (a somewhat rare occurrence for me)... and it was awesome!!!

Date: March 31, 2018 00:25

Cristiano Radtke

smiling smiley There is actually a lot going on in that picture

Mick knows... somehow he knows so much... He always has.

I have no issues being a nut for his band. The Stones are one of the few things in my life that have never let me down, or quit, or went away, or cheated me, or got stupid, or uppity... or anything like that. They are just very good at what they do and they are still doing it.

It is nice to have at least one thing in my life like that.

The Stones have always seemed to try to do their best to do their jobs (without a lot of extra nonsense that so often sneaks its way in) and it has been and still is my pleasure to have hitched my fanship to them long ago. I have no regrets about any of the time or money or anything I have expended being a fan... and I am well aware Mick Jagger is a big reason for that.

Keep on keeping on Mick Jagger!! smileys with beer YOU ARE A MAN ABOVE MOST MEN!!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 31, 2018 02:04

Cristiano Radtke

Just out of the picture to the right is a cowboy hat, a pair of cowboy boots, a horse saddle, a fiddle, and a plate of fried chicken with a side of biscuits and gravy. smiling smiley

Hoping for some good old fashioned country covers. thumbs up

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: March 31, 2018 02:24

I could be wrong, but doesn't the outdoors look a bit like Mustique?

Date: March 31, 2018 02:32

Bashlets

It does look like a tropical setting, and it looks like he's dressed in casual island attire.
He also looks a bit "blue and lonesome" all by himself in that pic...wondering if any other Stones will eventually be joining him for a jam session?

Posted by: ReginaPhalange ()
Date: March 31, 2018 02:52

Hairball
Bashlets

It does look like a tropical setting, and it looks like he's dressed in casual island attire.
He also looks a bit "blue and lonesome" all by himself in that pic...wondering if any other Stones will eventually be joining him for a jam session?

It is Mustique and Matt Clifford is also there:

Instagram

Date: March 31, 2018 03:42

Hoping for some good old fashioned country covers. thumbs up

^^^probably also hoping for some beatles covers...
Maybe a 3 sided album... 1/3 beatles covers... 1/3 rap covers... 1/3 ccc (country crap covers)

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 31, 2018 04:01

Rocky Dijon
... after Keith was asked about doing another BLUE AND LONESOME...

Wasn't it Keith himself who offered he wouldn't mind doing a B&L II?

Rocky Dijon
I love "Rain Fall Down" and don't like "Rough Justice" at all. Most would flip that entirely.

Most but not all. I'm with you here!

Doxa
Wow, Mick is teasing us... probably just checked IORR, and after seeing we are getting bored ("Whaat!!!!! A bloody country cover album...????!!!"), decided to give us something fresh to speculate some more....grinning smiley

How can you know he's not recording a demo of "Coward of the county"? cool smileyspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

@Leonioid,
could it be that you get (got?) a few things wrong here?
Yes, some folks would love to get a B&L II while others could happily live without it, some would love to get an album of country covers while others are less thrilled by the idea. Some prefer Rough Justice to Rain Fall Down and some have it the other way round. Some dislike all of ABB and perhaps some (maybe the silent majority? eye popping smiley ) even love all of it. And some of us are trying to have some fun every now and then while waiting for the new album (I plead guilty here, how about you, @hairball? winking smiley ). This and all shades in between. And above all there's IanBillen who always manages to stay serious and focussed despite all chaos (dont forget, at present this is page 150 and counting).
Yes, some think that Keith's playing in the No Filter Tour of 2017 was from another galaxy whereas others think the same yet in a slightly different reading. Some rejoice over Mick's latest solo efforts while others find it hard to appreciate them in any way. And so on. But noone is bashing anyone, and nobody is bashing the band. It is just natural that people have differing oppinions, and since this is a forum, it is natural to talk about them. How boring a place would this be if everybody just found everything great all the time?

And who else would spend hours at the keyboard to express their concerns except fans?

Date: March 31, 2018 05:53

doitywoik
And some of us are trying to have some fun every now and then while waiting for the new album. (I plead guilty here, how about you, @hairball? winking smiley )
Yes doitywoik - good times. thumbs up

Rocky Dijon
It is the way it is. We're all Stones fans who still hang out here. It's a good place when we share differing opinions but don't tell each other they're wrong for not agreeing.
Amen Rocky - that's what we're here for. thumbs up

As for those who are annoyed, oh well...can't please everybody all of the time.

In the meantime, waiting for IanBillen to chime in to set the record straight again:

"There will be a new album of originals by September of this year...December at the latest...because I SAY SO"!!! angry smiley

(Just kidding Ian winking smiley )

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: March 31, 2018 07:47

Hairball
doitywoik
And some of us are trying to have some fun every now and then while waiting for the new album. (I plead guilty here, how about you, @hairball? winking smiley )
Yes doitywoik - good times. thumbs up

Rocky Dijon
It is the way it is. We're all Stones fans who still hang out here. It's a good place when we share differing opinions but don't tell each other they're wrong for not agreeing.
Amen Rocky - that's what we're here for. thumbs up

As for those who are annoyed, oh well...can't please everybody all of the time.

In the meantime, waiting for IanBillen to chime in to set the record straight again:

"There will be a new album of originals by September of this year...December at the latest...because I SAY SO"!!! angry smiley

(Just kidding Ian winking smiley )

Ha!!. Ikr.

I know you are joking partly and I appreciate the humor. Still at least hear me out Let me explain what I base the probable album to come on .... It is not based on hope and want. I only base the speculation on all their hints and mentions of a new album. As well the fact that people doing the interviews are permitted to go there so much lately.

In high profile interviews .. The Stones management / PR Handlers field and filter questions. People who are conducting interviews must submit topics and the Stones ok them. My guess is The people who interview Stones are frequently wanting to ask that but were not permitted or were directed to steer clear of that. Suddenly .. within the past three months .. every interview with every band member has direct questions about an upcoming album they are working on.

If the album was in probability not coming until well over a year away it is too far a time frame to stretch out and slowly get that PR machine going on said product.

This tells me (leads me to believe) The Stones figure on a release some time this year. We know it isnt before No filter UK tour....so they will wait a bit and then release the album late fall is my guess.

If we had not saw questions about an album yet this year I would say forget it as far as this year goes as I mentioned before. Anyway this is my basis for strongly believing an album is coming this year.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-31 07:53 by IanBillen.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: March 31, 2018 13:23

In a way, the Some Girls re-release part was already the Stones doing a Country record.

Date: March 31, 2018 13:27

JJHMick
In a way, the Some Girls re-release part was already the Stones doing a Country record.

And blues smiling smiley

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: March 31, 2018 13:33

DandelionPowderman
JJHMick

And blues smiling smiley

That's the funny thing about the original Some Girls: There could have been NO Disco and Punk!

Date: March 31, 2018 18:26

IanBillen
Suddenly .. within the past three months .. every interview with every band member has direct questions about an upcoming album they are working on.

If the album was in probability not coming until well over a year away it is too far a time frame to stretch out and slowly get that PR machine going on said product.

Suddenly...within the last three months?

They've been talking about it for years now - dating back to before Blue and Lonesome was released, and even before then. Yes there were spells of not hearing about a new album, but that's when they weren't doing many (or any) interviews due to having time off from tours, family time, etc. Now that there's an upcoming tour, there's more interviews so it might seem like they're talking about it more. But to me it doesn't really signal that a new album is imminent - everything they say is a generic/stock answer ala "sounding good"..."coming soon"..."working on it"...or in Charlies case "where is the new album?" lol. It's a step in the right direction compared to Ronnie saying "we might start from scratch" or Don Was saying "they hit a wall" last year (or was it two years ago?), but nothing they've been saying is any different than anything they've been saying for a long time now.

My revised predictions:

1. Maybe they'll release a new album of originals in the future, but giving a time frame would be nearly impossible - I'd say mid-late 2019 to give them the needed extra time to work out their differences, but even that is being optimistic.

2. Maybe there will be a Blue and Lonesome II - Keith is willing, and with the Grammy and overall success, seems very plausible everyone would get on board. Time frame - they could spit out and record dozen blues covers in a matter of days, and one day decide to release it - could be next week even.

3. Lonesome and Blue - a country covers album might seem unlikely, but I would welcome it as would many Stones fans. They could jump on the modern country bandwagon, but bring back some traditional values...bringing it back to the real country with some of authentic classics.

4. Random covers including more Beatles tunes - I Wanna Be Your Man helped to kick off their career, and their cover of Come Together at Desert Trip clearly shows that they love and respect the Beatles. While Come Together live might have been a fail due to lack of rehearsals, if they polished it up a but and gave it some more time, it might be something for the ages. They could also cover Yer Blues thereby recording a Beatles cover and a rockin' 'blues' cover at the same time. Throw in some other '60's British Invasion tunes from various bands - The Kinks, The Who, The Animals, etc., and there's no denying it could be great, though that concept and scenario is probably unrealistic and just wishful thinking.

In the meantime, we wait for random tweets or comments from band members, but with the tour just around the corner their cup runneth over and studio time is probably very limited to say the least. I can't imagine all of them together in the studio any time soon, but I suppose it's possible. But then there's post-tour come down...unwind...recuperate...family time, etc. And if the rumours are true about a return to the US for some shows this coming fall/winter, possibly more delays which takes us them in to 2019...right on schedule.

Date: March 31, 2018 19:29

I think an album of new material may very well be closer than it appears.

Not before this tour, but I think likely before their next. I would bet on it being available for those that would give it for the next holiday season.

Realize they have made a lot of promising comments for some time with various descriptions on it ranging from "might start from scratch" to Charlie's revealing recent "and where's the new album now, then?" Add in his reveal that there had been more sessions work done on it than anyone was aware of, he made it seem that it wouldn't surprise him to see it just appear at any time.

There also seems to be more emphasis on in-studio shots/posts than there has been for a long time. Sure, they've all been as individuals, but doesn't mean they haven't all been working on the same material.

A huuuge long shot, but how cool would it be to see them premier a new song from it on the upcoming tour?
Very.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-31 19:31 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 31, 2018 20:54

JJHMick
DandelionPowderman
JJHMick

And blues smiling smiley

That's the funny thing about the original Some Girls: There could have been NO Disco and Punk!

Yeah, the outtakes sound like Status Quo doing their regular boogie shtick and having a go at a country tune or two.

MisterDDDD
A huuuge long shot, but how cool would it be to see them premier a new song from it on the upcoming tour? Very.

Of course that would be totally cool but I still think it won't happen - hoping they prove me wrong.

IanBillen
In high profile interviews .. The Stones management / PR Handlers field and filter questions. People who are conducting interviews must submit topics and the Stones ok them. My guess is The people who interview Stones are frequently wanting to ask that but were not permitted or were directed to steer clear of that. Suddenly .. within the past three months .. every interview with every band member has direct questions about an upcoming album they are working on.

That's certainly part of the PR machinery: the world shouldn't forget that the new album is still a topic on their agenda even if it might take another while.

Otherwise: the Stones as a 60s oldies show with an album of covers of songs that were big in the 60s? Not sure if Mick would approve that (hope he doesn't). Such an album would come close to a declaration of creative bankruptcy. Blues is a different thing because that's where they come from. An album of original Stones country tunes with one or two good covers thrown in for good measure is a different thing. I remember some VL outtakes (forgot which songs they were) with a fiddle and stuff that sounded very much country, and good country at that. I preferred them to the versions that got actually released.

I'm rather afraid that nowadays a Stones album has to serve too many markets/is targetted at too many charts to just be a creative statement that reflects the present state/mood of the band. Like, there must be a few rockers, one or two ballads, a countryish tune for the C&W charts, some R&B-like thing, a reggae song, something "modern", and so on, and possibly even the fillers are targetted at some market, who knows. Less calculating here would possibly give us better albums.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: March 31, 2018 21:09

Looks like Mick is banging out an open-tuning chord on that fender; channeling the riffmaster?
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: March 31, 2018 22:06

Hairball
IanBillen
Suddenly .. within the past three months .. every interview with every band member has direct questions about an upcoming album they are working on.

Suddenly...within the last three months?

They've been talking about it for years now - dating back to before Blue and Lonesome was released, and even before then. Yes there were spells of not hearing about a new album, but that's when they weren't doing many (or any) interviews due to having time off from tours, family time, etc. Now that there's an upcoming tour, there's more interviews so it might seem like they're talking about it more. But to me it doesn't really signal that a new album is imminent - everything they say is a generic/stock answer ala "sounding good"..."coming soon"..."working on it"...or in Charlies case "where is the new album?" lol. It's a step in the right direction compared to Ronnie saying "we might start from scratch" or Don Was saying "they hit a wall" last year (or was it two years ago?), but nothing they've been saying is any different than anything they've been saying for a long time now.

My revised predictions:

1. Maybe they'll release a new album of originals in the future, but giving a time frame would be nearly impossible - I'd say mid-late 2019 to give them the needed extra time to work out their differences, but even that is being optimistic.

2. Maybe there will be a Blue and Lonesome II - Keith is willing, and with the Grammy and overall success, seems very plausible everyone would get on board. Time frame - they could spit out and record dozen blues covers in a matter of days, and one day decide to release it - could be next week even.

3. Lonesome and Blue - a country covers album might seem unlikely, but I would welcome it as would many Stones fans. They could jump on the modern country bandwagon, but bring back some traditional values...bringing it back to the real country with some of authentic classics.

4. Random covers including more Beatles tunes - I Wanna Be Your Man helped to kick off their career, and their cover of Come Together at Desert Trip clearly shows that they love and respect the Beatles. While Come Together live might have been a fail due to lack of rehearsals, if they polished it up a but and gave it some more time, it might be something for the ages. They could also cover Yer Blues thereby recording a Beatles cover and a rockin' 'blues' cover at the same time. Throw in some other '60's British Invasion tunes from various bands - The Kinks, The Who, The Animals, etc., and there's no denying it could be great, though that concept and scenario is probably unrealistic and just wishful thinking.

In the meantime, we wait for random tweets or comments from band members, but with the tour just around the corner their cup runneth over and studio time is probably very limited to say the least. I can't imagine all of them together in the studio any time soon, but I suppose it's possible. But then there's post-tour come down...unwind...recuperate...family time, etc. And if the rumours are true about a return to the US for some shows this coming fall/winter, possibly more delays which takes us them in to 2019...right on schedule.

The studio shots from all of them are a clear indication. As well .. suddenly almost every interview contains questions and comments about a new album.

As was said .. there have been more sessions than we know about. Well over a year ago Mick stated they had half an an album done .. they have worked on it much more than we know of based on Charlies comments. Even charlie said they had a big session even <before> the Blue & Lonesome session in 2015.

There will be no country album .. there will be no Blue & Lonesome 2. There will be no covers album (thankfully).

The next album to come from them is a studio album of originals. Its what they want.. it's what we want.. and anything along those other lines would be a big marketing mistake. It would not generate excitement .. not right now anyway.

As well .. how would it appear to everyone.. they have been talking about working on an album of all orginals and teasing us with that and then suddenly ... Oh guess what.. Here's a country album .. Here's another covers album .. here is Blue and Lonesome part 2 ... Nobody wants that. Later on possibly .. down the road.. but not again right now. Would be a slap in the face to most people.

Everything now is 'especially pointing' to an new album of originals .. not any of those other things. Their comments .. pictures / teases on social media etc.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-31 22:13 by IanBillen.

Date: March 31, 2018 22:24

rollmops
Looks like Mick is banging out an open-tuning chord on that fender; channeling the riffmaster?
Rockandroll,
Mops

Indeed.

Posted by: fyp933 ()
Date: March 31, 2018 22:54

Cristiano Radtke

Mick looks bored

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...148149150151152153154155156157158...LastNext
Current Page: 153 of 704

This Thread has been closed