Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...125126127128129130131132133134135...LastNext
Current Page: 130 of 704
Re: Another Stones studio album in 2018
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 10, 2018 05:43

The interesting thing is Falk calls this the first day of recording in Paris with Mick and Matt. In 2016 and 2017, I heard he was consulting or at most co-producing a potential single or singles. This sounds a bit more involved. A couple years ago, Falk tagged the Stones in his post but this is just Mick. Maybe solo recording? I'll wait to see what Soldatti turns up from Universal.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 10, 2018 06:02

IanBillen
Hairball
ReginaPhalange
Mick was in a studio in Paris today with Matt Clifford and Carl Falk:

Carl Falk instagram

One can only think who the f*ck is Carl Falk?
And then it dawned on me that his name had been mentioned a year or so ago - at least I think it's the same guy.

A quick look at wiki:

"(born 17 August 1980 in Stockholm), is a Swedish songwriter, record producer and musician and has worked with artists such as Demi Lovato,
One Direction, Nicki Minaj, Ellie Goulding, Madonna, Avicii, Ariana Grande and Jason Derulo. Since 2010 he has co-written and co-produced hits like
"What Makes You Beautiful", "One Thing", "Live While We're Young", "Kiss You" by One Direction and "Starships" and "Pound The Alarm" by Nicki Minaj"

Yes I think it's the same guy.

Talented guy no doubt, but I think there was a fear of Mick collaborating with him...could this be happening now?
If so, maybe more solo material from Mick...hope it's not for the new Stones album!!! confused smiley

Anyhow, Mick looks good and happy all bundled up, and hardly a single hair out of place!

Screw anything Mick Jagger Solo for a loooooong while ... long while .. .. .. .. .... I have a news flash (nobody wants it .. not Stones fans..not anyone .. not right now anyway .. ).
We want Rolling Stones. If this is to work on the new Stones album I am curious (and in slight fear).

After thinking about it, not sure Keith would approve, but you never know....

Remember what he said about Getta Grip/England Lost: "This is not Stones stuff. If you want to put them out, put them out by yourself"

Maybe that's exactly what Mick will continue to do, but either way this doesn't really bode well for the new Stones album.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: February 10, 2018 06:07

Hairball
Might as well face it, we're addicted to Stones!

Let me be the judge of that ..

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: February 10, 2018 06:19

WTF is Mick Jagger in the studio with Carl Falk for? No one wants or needs him to try and make a 2018 pop record. It would virtually be a vanity release. Meanwhile, Blue and Lonesome sold around two million copies.

Posted by: ReginaPhalange ()
Date: February 10, 2018 06:33

If you have an Instagram account, go to Carl Falk's page and click on his profile picture. He posted an Instagram story which included a picture of Mick captioned "I've never played more blues chords in my life." Though it still doesn't explain why Mick's in a studio with these guys instead of the other Stones.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 10, 2018 12:20

ReginaPhalange

Carl Falk instagram

Finally some real news instead of recycling some old quotes (if nothing else, some fresh material for speculation)! Thanks!

And also thanks also for providing the instagram content about "blues chords" - which actually doesn't imply much if this is a pure Jagger solo project or a Rolling Stones one (for example, from the core "Gotta Get A Grip" is nothing but a pure Rolling Stones blues-based rocker, as "Undercover of The Night" ages ago was, both just clothed up in a 'fancy' way, to end up sounding different than, say, "Start Me Up").

- Doxa

Date: February 10, 2018 14:57

Working with Falk... Again???

Let's hope this is work on a Stones single-remix only..

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 10, 2018 15:10

DandelionPowderman

Maybe those ideas from April 2016 have fruited. grinning smiley

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: February 11, 2018 15:01

Darryl Jones is obviously also in Paris according to his Instagram profile...

Hopefully these are the final overdubs...

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: February 11, 2018 15:19

henrik87

thumbs up

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: February 11, 2018 15:36

Doxa
ReginaPhalange

Carl Falk instagram

Finally some real news instead of recycling some old quotes (if nothing else, some fresh material for speculation)! Thanks!

And also thanks also for providing the instagram content about "blues chords" - which actually doesn't imply much if this is a pure Jagger solo project or a Rolling Stones one (for example, from the core "Gotta Get A Grip" is nothing but a pure Rolling Stones blues-based rocker, as "Undercover of The Night" ages ago was, both just clothed up in a 'fancy' way, to end up sounding different than, say, "Start Me Up").

- Doxa

This is exactly what I'm waiting for (as we don't have a regular solo output to 'experiment'): Stones stuff in a fancy Dress!

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: February 11, 2018 16:31

If it's just Mick and that other guy it's perhaps a fancy dress with no Stonesy stuff inside.

Date: February 11, 2018 17:07

henrik87

I wonder where the rest are (Keith .. Ronnie ... Charlie?). Does anyone have an idea?

Date: February 11, 2018 17:31

doitywoik
If it's just Mick and that other guy it's perhaps a fancy dress with no Stonesy stuff inside.

If it's something like Moves Like Jagger or Will I.A.M. I wouldn't mind ... wouldn't mind NOT buying it.
But if it's something like Gotta Get A Grip or England Lost I would do.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 11, 2018 18:07

TeddyB1018
WTF is Mick Jagger in the studio with Carl Falk for? No one wants or needs him to try and make a 2018 pop record. It would virtually be a vanity release. Meanwhile, Blue and Lonesome sold around two million copies.

Exactly. Mick with beats doesn't work. The last good solo thing he did was Blue.

Date: February 11, 2018 18:15

JJHMick
doitywoik

If it's something like Moves Like Jagger or Will I.A.M. I wouldn't mind ... wouldn't mind NOT buying it.

Mick had nothing to do with Moves Like Jagger so not sure what you mean by that.

That thing with Will.i.am - people really pay money for that kind of stuff? Horrible.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: February 11, 2018 18:42

doitywoik
Its mick and matt clifford, so its likely mick solo stuff, no?

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: February 11, 2018 18:46

Haven't researched the background but that's my impression, too.

Date: February 11, 2018 21:55

GasLightStreet
JJHMick
doitywoik

Mick had nothing to do with Moves Like Jagger so not sure what you mean by that.

That thing with Will.i.am - people really pay money for that kind of stuff? Horrible.

I know about Moves Like Jagger but that must have shown him that his ambitions were right.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: February 12, 2018 17:09

DandelionPowderman

thumbs up

Date: February 12, 2018 19:31

If it was a remix, it wouldn't be "first day in the studio playing blues riffs."

Date: February 12, 2018 19:55

Rocky Dijon
If it was a remix, it wouldn't be "first day in the studio playing blues riffs."

I believe he said "I've never played more blues chords in my life.", though maybe he also said "riffs"?

Sorry, don't mean to be a nuisance Rocky lol, but this thread has caused me to be a stickler for details - every trivial minutiae matters! winking smiley

Date: February 12, 2018 20:30

Hairball
Rocky Dijon

I believe he said "I've never played more blues chords in my life.", though maybe he also said "riffs"?

Sorry, don't mean to be a nuisance Rocky lol, but this thread has caused me to be a stickler for details - every trivial minutiae matters! winking smiley

So... seeing that every trivial minutiae matters, can you explain what a blues chord is?

Date: February 12, 2018 20:48

GasLightStreet
Hairball
Rocky Dijon

So... seeing that every trivial minutiae matters, can you explain what a blues chord is?

You would have to ask this Carl Falk character exactly what he means by it.
If you ask me, there's no absolute answer as pretty much any chord could be used when playing the blues imo.
When I was a little kid though, my older brother taught me the E, A, and B7 chords and shooed me away saying that's all I need to know for a good foundation ha.

That said, there's a definite difference between a riff and a chord.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 12, 2018 21:33

Yeah, there is a certain kind of reference in "jazz chords" (if anything else, being damn odd ones for technically an theoretically limited non-jazz players a'la me...grinning smiley) but "blues chords" by nature most likely would mean anything played by a typical I-IV-V pattern.

But my guess is that Carl Falk is not there talking about jamming 12 bar blues, but referring to a typical Stonesian Open G chords/riffages, for example, the guitar stuff heard in "Gotta Get A Grip"... There is a lot of blues feel in that Richardsian trademark style - especially for people who are not that used to playing that kind of stuff. The comment sounds like that mr. Falk is not that familiar with the blues or blues rock (but honestly, I know next to nothing about him - so maybe he is there with Jagger playing his ass off Mick's latest collection of old blues covers...)

- Doxa

Date: February 12, 2018 21:59

Rocky Dijon

Why not?

Date: February 13, 2018 02:50

Could be my ignorance only, but I took it to mean it was the first day in the studio recording and that they were playing blues licks rather than just remixing an existing track to make it more club-friendly or radio-friendly.

And yes, I've gone from chords to riffs to licks. That should excite or frustrate accordingly.

Date: February 13, 2018 04:26

Rocky Dijon
Could be my ignorance only, but I took it to mean it was the first day in the studio recording and that they were playing blues licks rather than just remixing an existing track to make it more club-friendly or radio-friendly.

And yes, I've gone from chords to riffs to licks. That should excite or frustrate accordingly.

I think the board member here was thinking 'playing' as also could mean simply playing / spinning the existing track / songs in the / a mixing process versus actually playing the instruments themselves...

Still I think generally in this light .. in this situation ..coming from this person it / he means actually <laying down the material> however (not mixing it in any way) .. I am with you there. What that material is .. or what it is for ... I have absolutely no idear ...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-13 04:27 by IanBillen.

Date: February 13, 2018 04:40

I get what you mean in a very roundabout way. I never thought he could mean playback. Still don't, but who knows. While I'm not thrilled, at least it's progress of some sort.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 13, 2018 04:58

Could be cutting a new Rice Crispies ad ......

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...125126127128129130131132133134135...LastNext
Current Page: 130 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1834
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home