Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...117118119120121122123124125126127...LastNext
Current Page: 122 of 704
Re: Another Stones studio album in 2018
Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: January 20, 2018 18:53

Hairball
Something odd about the statement from Rolling Stone: "Richards even called sessions with Mick Jagger 'really fun'".

First of all, I don't think I've ever heard Keith use the word "fun" regarding anything.
Secondly, calling something "really fun" seems totally out of character and is not a part of his vocabulary.
Thirdly, using the phrase "really fun" in the same sentence as Mick Jagger would never happen. Maybe "really funny" in regards to Mick's solo career, but that's about it.

I wouldn't consider this latest blurb totally fake news or breaking news as there might be a grain of truth in it somewhere, but it seems like the same 'blah blah blah' we've been hearing for a long time now.
That said, I'm sure they're still at least thinking about making a new album in the back of their minds, but I wouldn't put any money down on a pre-order just yet.
Meanwhile, Mick's on vacation in India with his family, and Keith is having someone shoveling snow at his home in Connecticut - or maybe he's in Jamaica now smoking a giant spliff with his Rasta brethren.

"A really good original album"....coming from the man who titled an album Talk is Cheap....so let's hear it Keith.thumbs up

I agree, it doesn't sound like something that Keith would say. But then, perhaps someone working for Keith said it to someone working at Rolling Stone who handed it to some writer at Rolling Stone and then the article was edited afterwards... So essentially it might be true.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 20, 2018 20:41

I hope Keith isn't in Jamaica at the moment.
Huge safety issues and warnings to tourists to 'stay in their resort'.

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: January 20, 2018 20:54

Come on, Keith and Mick! Release the damn album already! I'm ok with 8 tracks Black and Blue II. Give some legitimacy to this thread. Someone posted a picture of flogging the dead horse a few years ago and they subsequently went on tour.

Posted by: Al65 ()
Date: January 20, 2018 21:40

Asda Walmart have just put up posters for new music with about twenty bands logos including the Stones tongue advertising upcoming music releases for Fridays

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 20, 2018 22:05

SomeGuy
I agree, it doesn't sound like something that Keith would say. But then, perhaps someone working for Keith said it to someone working at Rolling Stone who handed it to some writer at Rolling Stone and then the article was edited afterwards... So essentially it might be true.

Likely it was recycled and reworded from this remark 11 months ago...
Courtesy of [www.timeisonourside.com]

Keith Richards (Late February 2017): New Stones album

"It was quite fun. We did a whole week in a little room, slowly putting a new album together."

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: January 20, 2018 22:19

AI65
Asda Walmart have just put up posters for new music with about twenty bands logos including the Stones tongue advertising upcoming music releases for Fridays

Maybe it will be a nice surprise very soon. All bets are off these days.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: January 20, 2018 22:24

Rocky Dijon

"It was quite fun. We did a whole week in a little room, slowly putting a new album together."

That comment's also from Rolling Stone, and was posted in this very thread at the time.

[iorr.org]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 21, 2018 01:30

So this thread (and these news reports) are now going in circles and figure eights recycling old news as if it was new, and to top it off Walmart has now become the number one insider source! smiling smiley

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: January 21, 2018 03:59

Rocky Dijon
SomeGuy

I remember this blurb from a year ago .. but didn't RS Magazine say 'recently'.

Not trying to be the optimist .. but Keith's quote was from a year ago. Hard to determine why they would mention that conversation now claiming it is recent? .. Just saying.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-21 04:00 by IanBillen.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 21, 2018 04:25

"It was quite fun. We did a whole week in a little room,

... ya sure this doesn't date back to As Tears Go By ?????????????? ....hhhhaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 21, 2018 09:35

Al65

I am sure its about Blue n Lonesome. Old news.
Jeroen

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 21, 2018 13:39

Bottom line: It's from the current RS

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 21, 2018 17:55

jlowe
I hope Keith isn't in Jamaica at the moment.
Huge safety issues and warnings to tourists to 'stay in their resort'.

It's just for St James parish, not the whole island. Didn't Keith sell his place and he doesn't go there anymore? He only has his place in the Turks & Caicos as far as I know.

He lives in neither the Bahamas or the Caribbean!

Date: January 22, 2018 02:43

Maindefender
Bottom line: It's from the current RS

Agreed. The snippet is not an attempt to hype a tour (that hasn't even been announced yet) .. it's not to simply rehash old news ..

The article (well .. the tiny snippet's) .. purpose was to inform that The Stones are still / currently working on an album and it very well (let's hope) could be released in 2018 as the article states.

The reason Mick Jagger and Keith Richards have recently remarked about the album and have said they are currently working on it is because there actually ...'is'... an album that they <are> working on .. (though sporadically and in short intervals ... and very frigging slowly ..still the album is being worked on). The album should come out in 2018 ..

Although nothing is 120% for certain ... but that is the aim / objective ... and as the saying goes .. 'It is what it is' boys and girls. There is no need to over-think the articles secret purpose or add your own opinion as to what you think it is or will be.

Again .. 'it is what it is'.

Ian

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-22 02:50 by IanBillen.

Date: January 22, 2018 04:17

The chances of a new Stones album any time soon is as good as the Minnesotoa Vikings making the Super Bowl.

Current score 4th quarter: Philadelphia 38 > Minnesota 7.

eye rolling smiley

Date: January 22, 2018 04:42

Hairball
The chances of a new Stones album any time soon is as good as the Minnesotoa Vikings making the Super Bowl.

eye rolling smiley

Yezz ... I agree there .. I think any of us should agree with ya there. The album is certainly not just around the corner. It'll be a good while yet before we get it. As I said before... I speculate a late summer or fall (some time in fall) release... Probably September - November. However I think it'll still def come. It will simply be very late summer or Fall release.

Date: January 22, 2018 04:53

IanBillen
Hairball

eye rolling smiley

Yezz ... I agree there .. I think any of us should agree with ya there. The album is certainly not just around the corner. It'll be a good while yet before we get it. As I said before... I speculate a late summer or fall (some time in fall) release... Probably September - November. However I think it'll still def come. It will simply be very late summer or Fall release.

Are the chances of a new Stones album this year better than the Cleveland Browns making the Super Bowl next year?
The Browns went 0-16 this year....

Date: January 22, 2018 05:24

Hairball
IanBillen
Hairball

eye rolling smiley

Are the chances of a new Stones album this year better than the Cleveland Browns making the Super Bowl next year?

Lol .. Believe me I know their record ... I live in North
East Ohio, yo - ( grinning smiley )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-22 05:24 by IanBillen.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 22, 2018 07:35

Hairball

Of course. It doesn't even need to be this year - or the next 20. Or until the end of time.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: January 22, 2018 11:29

Hairball

Something odd about the statement from Rolling Stone: "Richards even called sessions with Mick Jagger 'really fun'".

First of all, I don't think I've ever heard Keith use the word "fun" regarding anything.
Secondly, calling something "really fun" seems totally out of character and is not a part of his vocabulary.
Thirdly, using the phrase "really fun" in the same sentence as Mick Jagger would never happen. Maybe "really funny" in regards to Mick's solo career, but that's about it.

thumbs up

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 23, 2018 00:27

Hairball

GO VIKINGS!

(... maybe it helps?)

Date: January 23, 2018 01:24

doitywoik
Hairball

GO VIKINGS!

(... maybe it helps?)

Lol...as they say, maybe next year?
Or the year after?

But before we get our hopes up, the last time they made it to the Superbowl was in 1977 when the Raiders kicked their butt - that's nearly 40 years ago!
Here are the sad facts via wiki:

The Vikings have won one NFL Championship, in 1969, before the league's merger with the American Football League (AFL).
Since the league merger in 1970, they have qualified for the playoffs 27 times, third-most in the league.
The team has played in Super Bowls IV, VIII, IX, and XI, though failing to win any of them.

eye rolling smiley

Date: January 23, 2018 04:10

doitywoik
Hairball

GO VIKINGS!

(... maybe it helps?)

No time soon ... (more than likely fall). Time line jussss ain't there ... Not for summer anyway .. Late summer at the earliest ...

>>Buuuuuuut..... Album is in process / a go and still da plan for 2018. Still being put together / fixed .. on going .. <just being completed in short intervals>.

Date: January 23, 2018 05:22

I believe the UK (and other countries) Tour has become the priority over the new album, but even that isn't etched in stone as of this moment.
As georgelicks said recently - to paraphrase: "family time is the priority right now". Maybe mpj200 can add some insight to the situation, whether it's the supposed new album or the supposed upcoming tour.

Date: January 23, 2018 07:18

Hairball
I believe the UK (and other countries) Tour has become the priority over the new album, but even that isn't etched in stone as of this moment.
As georgelicks said recently - to paraphrase: "family time is the priority right now". Maybe mpj200 can add some insight to the situation, whether it's the supposed new album or the supposed upcoming tour.

"Family time' is the priority ... My question is this .. (to The Stones ...or to whomever) ... When <IS> (or has been) this album been the priority? Lol ... I mean seriously at this point. How many excuses can the band come up with .. It's always something or another.

The Stones spent the rest of the fall and The holidays and now after for three weeks with the family... How much 'family time' can a person have? They have had the last three months with the family Lol .. I mean yikes. They can still work on it and keep having family time (who knows.. maybe they have been?)

If they would spend a mere third of that amount of time on the album lately it would be adequate.

Now it's "family time" .. then it's 'tour time' ..and then its some "Art Show Time" .. and then it'll be another trip to India .. and then some film .... and then some other thing lol

>>>> When is it or has it ever been simply <album time>.....?

I mean come on now... It's been family time for like three consecutive months me bru? .. and it still "Family Time"? smh Lol ...

Again .. I know I am preaching to the choir here ... but Ima just sayin. smiling smiley

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-23 07:23 by IanBillen.

Date: January 23, 2018 08:00

Ian Billen
Now it's "family time" .. then it's 'tour time' ..and then its some "Art Show Time"
Yes it seems to be a quagmire, and unfortunately they can only be in one place at a time. Family first though, and you can't blame them!

But..........

Grammy time is coming up - next week in fact!
January 28, 2018 airing on CBS 7:30 p.m. ET/4:30 p.m. PT on CBS.

Now if the Stones win for the category they've been nominated in (traditional blues album), there's a possibility this will put some pep in their step regarding the new album, and encourage them to finish what they started two years ago. Not saying it's going to happen as there's some better choices in that category imo (R.L. Boyce for the win), but if they do win it could be a win-win situation for the band and the fans!
If they lose, oh well...at least they were nominated. thumbs up If nothing else, maybe another Blue and Lonesome type covers album will see the light of day eventually.

*Should be noted that it's highly unlikely the category they're nominated for will be part of the televised event as it's a "minor" category along with New Age, Christian, Spoken Word, etc., and I think it was Dean Goodman who confirmed this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-23 08:00 by Hairball.

Date: January 23, 2018 08:36

Hairball
Ian Billen
Now it's "family time" .. then it's 'tour time' ..and then its some "Art Show Time"
Yes it seems to be a quagmire, and unfortunately they can only be in one place at a time. Family first though, and you can't blame them!

But..........

Grammy time is coming up - next week in fact!
January 28, 2018 airing on CBS 7:30 p.m. ET/4:30 p.m. PT on CBS.

Now if the Stones win for the category they've been nominated in (traditional blues album), there's a possibility this will put some pep in their step regarding the new album, and encourage them to finish what they started two years ago. Not saying it's going to happen as there's some better choices in that category imo (R.L. Boyce for the win), but if they do win it could be a win-win situation for the band and the fans!
If they lose, oh well...at least they were nominated. thumbs up If nothing else, maybe another Blue and Lonesome type covers album will see the light of day eventually.

*Should be noted that it's highly unlikely the category they're nominated for will be part of the televised event as it's a "minor" category along with New Age, Christian, Spoken Word, etc., and I think it was Dean Goodman who confirmed this.

I certainly can understand anyone allotting time for their family .. in a specially reserved space and such .. especially at their age .. after all they have given us 50 plus years .. Now its understandable things gets extended ... and set aside ...especially family time.

>> However .. I think they are simply on the verge of laziness when it comes to this album .. If its not one excuse its another. They already had three months with family ... How much is needed. Only takes a couple weeks here and there to continue work on this thing.. and they can still have pleeeeenty of time for family ... I mean unless there is more going on we don't know about.

Date: January 23, 2018 08:49

Don't forget the clash over the material.
In a nutshell, Keith wants classic traditional while Mick wants new experimental, and both seem to be stubborn with their visions of the album.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: January 23, 2018 09:15

IanBillen
I certainly can understand anyone allotting time for their family .. in a specially reserved space and such .. especially at their age . They already had three months with family ... How much is needed. Only takes a couple weeks here and there to continue work on this thing.. and they can still have pleeeeenty of time for family ... I mean unless there is more going on we don't know about.

WOW.....I pine for a new Stones album, but to begrudge them ANY time with their family at their age just beggar's belief. At their age ANY time with their family should be both a right and a bonus not an "allotment" or a "reserved space" of time.

Me at 64 yearns for time with my family, NOT for the time I have to go to work (and I love my work).

I hope YOU never grow old and be alone.

Rod

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: January 23, 2018 21:32

bitusa2012
IanBillen
I certainly can understand anyone allotting time for their family .. in a specially reserved space and such .. especially at their age . They already had three months with family ... How much is needed. Only takes a couple weeks here and there to continue work on this thing.. and they can still have pleeeeenty of time for family ... I mean unless there is more going on we don't know about.

WOW.....I pine for a new Stones album, but to begrudge them ANY time with their family at their age just beggar's belief. At their age ANY time with their family should be both a right and a bonus not an "allotment" or a "reserved space" of time.

Me at 64 yearns for time with my family, NOT for the time I have to go to work (and I love my work).

I hope YOU never grow old and be alone.

No shit. Just think about Ronnie with a new baby and his health concerns, just as an example.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...117118119120121122123124125126127...LastNext
Current Page: 122 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1594
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home