Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...116117118119120121122123124125126...LastNext
Current Page: 121 of 704
Re: Another Stones studio album in 2018
Posted by: KindaBlue ()
Date: January 19, 2018 04:21

matxil
24FPS
Is it here, yet! I've been gone a few days. Is it the best since Exile? Did Bill come back? Does Mick T. guest star? Did Keith & Mick pow wow in Parrot wherever and write songs in each others noses? Yes?

Of course! How could you have missed it? My personal rating:
1) "Rough and Tough" -> a nice rocker, Ronnie does a good solo, lyrics a bit silly
2) "Selfish Me" -> a nice funky song, the rhythm is a bit too mechanical
3) "Late and lonely" -> A typical slow jazzy ballad by Keith. Could have been worked a bit more.
4) "Hot Lips" -> Another try to play reggae. Not really convincing.
5) "Sugar and Sweat" -> Mick Jagger is ready to dance. Great groove, but sounds a bit too much like Miss You
6) "Seven Sins" -> The most brilliant thing since Exile on Main Street, could this mean a re-born Stones? Keith is on fire and Mick is more energetic than ever
7) "Neon boogie" -> Wow, who would have known Ronnie could play the piano like that?
8) "Lights out" -> A fair ending of the album, sung by Keith.

Conclusion: not a bad album, a bit short.
These are great, but I can't wait for the limited edition Deluxe Edition with bonus tracks.

I'm also looking for the bootleg sessions tracks in the stonesvault.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: January 19, 2018 08:51

wupperstein
I guess the tracks of the new album are:

1. Panama Powder Room
2. English Summer
3. May the Circle Be Unbroken
4. Toss The Coin
5. Old Glory
6. After Muddy And Charlie
7. Save Me
8. Pennies From Heaven
9. Too Far To Walk
10.Yonder´s Wall
11.Travelling Tiger
12.Man Eating-Women

confused smiley

Sehr witzig?

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: January 19, 2018 10:32

I heard this was the track list.....

1. WHISKEY CHASER
2. SICKNESS AND HEALTH
3. (TIGHTER THAN A) MICHAEL DOUGLAS FACELIFT
4. DRINK IT DOWN
5. POINT THE FINGER
6. HYPOCRISY
7. GIN AND INK
8. SIX SHOOTER (Keith vocals)
9. JUMP OUT OF MY SKIN
10. NO APOLOGIES

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: January 19, 2018 12:03

What about b sides??

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: January 19, 2018 12:22

B-sides include:

1. Crusty Lady
2. Relinquish my food
3. Slap on the Wrist
4. Grease the Wheels
5. Impeach me

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: January 19, 2018 13:44

Stones album coming out with tour of uk 2018 no nore world war 3, talk is cheap, hold on to your hat. 12 track album, all tracks written by mick & keith, might have 1 or 2 covers, till then keep rocking.STONES ARE WAY OF LIFE.LUCKY YEAR NO 13.YEAAAAAAAA, NEW ALBUM

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: January 19, 2018 13:47

From the current issue (1304/1305) of Rolling Stone:

Date: January 19, 2018 14:20

thumbs up

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 19, 2018 16:06

bye bye johnny
From the current issue (1304/1305) of Rolling Stone:

Thanks BBJ thumbs up

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 19, 2018 19:22

Thanks bye bye Johnny.
Finally some good news...wonder if these are recent quotes? In the context of this album in progress "recently" could mean anything.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 19, 2018 19:37

Haha...now we just need Keith's "best stuff we've done years" quote, he's such a pusher ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: January 19, 2018 19:47

This sounds like they're really having fun:

"This is not Stones stuff. If you want to put them out, put them out by yourself" - Keith to Mick about Gotta Get a Grip/England Lost.

(quote borrowed from KRiffhard's signature above)

They hit a wall, released a blues covers album, Mick went solo...and now they're having fun?! thumbs up

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: January 19, 2018 20:25

Best Keith "news" quote since....

Keith Richards: Rolling Stones Ready to Tour, Record New Material
12:24 PM PDT 11/4/2010 by Jason Lipshutz, Billboard

Date: January 19, 2018 21:17

stonehearted
Best Keith "news" quote since....

Keith Richards: Rolling Stones Ready to Tour, Record New Material
12:24 PM PDT 11/4/2010 by Jason Lipshutz, Billboard

They did both smiling smiley

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: January 19, 2018 23:16

Hairball

"This is not Stones stuff. If you want to put them out, put them out by yourself" - Keith to Mick about Gotta Get a Grip/England Lost.

They hit a wall, released a blues covers album, Mick went solo...and now they're having fun?! thumbs up
You know it's a press release, right, its not like Keith actually said anything, its something the PR dept puts out. They are gearing up for the tour, ticket sales, etc.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: January 19, 2018 23:20

john lomax
B-sides include:

1. Crusty Lady
2. Relinquish my food
3. Slap on the Wrist
4. Grease the Wheels
5. Impeach me

I heard Keith didn't want to release 'Impeach Me, because of the political nature, and Mick didn't want to release 'Crusty Lady,' because it's five minutes of Keith moaning over a sloooow ballad.

Date: January 19, 2018 23:32

Rokyfan
Hairball

You know it's a press release, right, its not like Keith actually said anything, its something the PR dept puts out. They are gearing up for the tour, ticket sales, etc.

Yes.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 19, 2018 23:36

Rokyfan
Hairball

The quotes are attributed to Keith. What did they do, pick a name out of a hat and Keith's name came up...lol Quite the PR dept....eye popping smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 19, 2018 23:41

Believe the confusion may lie in that some must believe they hit a "literal" wall and therefore now must languish in pain and agony for eternity. No fun for u!

Date: January 19, 2018 23:54

wonderboy
john lomax
B-sides include:

1. Crusty Lady
2. Relinquish my food
3. Slap on the Wrist
4. Grease the Wheels
5. Impeach me

I heard Keith didn't want to release 'Impeach Me, because of the political nature, and Mick didn't want to release 'Crusty Lady,' because it's five minutes of Keith moaning over a sloooow ballad.

Keith should have kept 'Crusty Lady' for his next solo album and maybe give it a more upbeat reggae vibe, while Mick should have made 'Impeach Me' the b-side to Getta Grip instead of the terrible England Lost.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: January 20, 2018 00:37

Maindefender
Rokyfan
Hairball

The quotes are attributed to Keith. What did they do, pick a name out of a hat and Keith's name came up...lol Quite the PR dept....eye popping smiley
no hat. there's 4 rolling stones. they have PR people and that's their job. they put out press releases that are the basis of items in papers and magazines like the one in question. it's not like it's a quote in an interview. you think keith spoke with someone at rolling stone and said those things (not that he wouldn't if he were being interviewed)? OK. That's why they have PR people and pay them so much money. And keeping hope alive for a new album is part of the PR hyping tour sales. I'm not saying they are or are not working on anything, just that this item doesn't mean a thing to me except they are gearing up to tour.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: January 20, 2018 01:48

Rokyfan
Maindefender
Rokyfan
Hairball

no hat. there's 4 rolling stones. they have PR people and that's their job. they put out press releases that are the basis of items in papers and magazines like the one in question. it's not like it's a quote in an interview. you think keith spoke with someone at rolling stone and said those things (not that he wouldn't if he were being interviewed)? OK. That's why they have PR people and pay them so much money. And keeping hope alive for a new album is part of the PR hyping tour sales. I'm not saying they are or are not working on anything, just that this item doesn't mean a thing to me except they are gearing up to tour.

With respect . but I think it's the opposite ..

The snippet mentions nothing about a 'tour' or anything referring to their live appeal ... my friend. This little segment is not to hype any tour .. It is to hype / keep the interest in the album.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-20 02:13 by IanBillen.

Date: January 20, 2018 02:43

Hairball ...

This latest RS.com snippet gives a 'little more' hope .. but it wasn't the kind of statement I was looking for. I was looking for a time frame or at least 'due later on in the year'statement.

Perhaps they do not want to over-shadow the upcoming UK tour so they are keeping it quiet. New album is still 'in the works' though.. thats good to understand ... Although it's roughly the same news we've been hearing for .. 2 and a half years Lol.

It is however real .. and on their plans .. After all .. they are in the studio working on it and talking about it.

As Rocky mentioned to us ... This / exact comments may of been from their PR .. but it was okd by Keith and band I'm sure so this album is still to come... SOMETIME. ha

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-20 02:44 by IanBillen.

Date: January 20, 2018 03:56

Hi Ian - glad to see you haven't given up all hope yet..the year is still young with hundreds of pages yet to be added to the thread! winking smiley

Something odd about the statement from Rolling Stone: "Richards even called sessions with Mick Jagger 'really fun'".

First of all, I don't think I've ever heard Keith use the word "fun" regarding anything.
Secondly, calling something "really fun" seems totally out of character and is not a part of his vocabulary.
Thirdly, using the phrase "really fun" in the same sentence as Mick Jagger would never happen. Maybe "really funny" in regards to Mick's solo career, but that's about it.

I wouldn't consider this latest blurb totally fake news or breaking news as there might be a grain of truth in it somewhere, but it seems like the same 'blah blah blah' we've been hearing for a long time now.
That said, I'm sure they're still at least thinking about making a new album in the back of their minds, but I wouldn't put any money down on a pre-order just yet.
Meanwhile, Mick's on vacation in India with his family, and Keith is having someone shoveling snow at his home in Connecticut - or maybe he's in Jamaica now smoking a giant spliff with his Rasta brethren.

"A really good original album"....coming from the man who titled an album Talk is Cheap....so let's hear it Keith.thumbs up

Date: January 20, 2018 04:36

Hairball
Hi Ian - glad to see you haven't given up all hope yet..the year is still young with hundreds of pages yet to be added to the thread! winking smiley

Something odd about the statement from Rolling Stone: "Richards even called sessions with Mick Jagger 'really fun'".

First of all, I don't think I've ever heard Keith use the word "fun" regarding anything.
Secondly, calling something "really fun" seems totally out of character and is not a part of his vocabulary.
Thirdly, using the phrase "really fun" in the same sentence as Mick Jagger would never happen. Maybe "really funny" in regards to Mick's solo career, but that's about it.

I wouldn't consider this latest blurb totally fake news or breaking news as there might be a grain of truth in it somewhere, but it seems like the same 'blah blah blah' we've been hearing for a long time now.
That said, I'm sure they're still at least thinking about making a new album in the back of their minds, but I wouldn't put any money down on a pre-order just yet.
Meanwhile, Mick's on vacation in India with his family, and Keith is having someone shoveling snow at his home in Connecticut - or maybe he's in Jamaica now smoking a giant spliff with his Rasta brethren.

"A really good original album"....coming from the man who titled an album Talk is Cheap....so let's hear it Keith.thumbs up

Lol .. I think some of us here on the boards pessimism has lead to unwillingness to accept what is actually the situation.

Rolling Stone Magazine doesn't report fake 'music' news. There was the one story by the journalist with the college that was the only time I've ever heard of them making up or really spinning something .. and that story was one in like 45 years and it had nothing to do with music.

Rolling Stone Magazine and the comments by Keith and Mick himself that they are working on an album are not some fantasy that Mick, Keith and now Rolling Stone magazine are still living.

I am certain in the last few months (four ..since tour has ended) they have done more towards the album than simply 'thinking' about it. The title of the snippet is "Stones in Studio" ... Keith talks about a new album they are readying and the sessions.

Isn't that enough to convince you they are working on it (though sporadically lol) with plans to release it most likely this year.

I have a very hard time believing this report from Rolling Stone magazine is fake news.

*Think about something .. If there was no report of an album in the works and the Stones being in the studio as of late working on an album you'd say they left it go ... (btw ... a report.. though very minimal but from from a very credible.. if not "theee" most credible music news source no less).

Now that there is a concrete (though very small) report (from Rolling Stone Magazine) about the albums situation you say it's simply fake news Lol (?) .. I mean .. My mate ... what gives here? Lol grinning smiley

Does or Mick or Keith have to call you themselves to say this is a real thing they are currently working on (though not steadily / on and off) and that there are definite plans to to release it? I-yi-yi ...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-20 04:42 by IanBillen.

Date: January 20, 2018 04:58

Ian, I think you misread my post and in your haste to respond overlooked this sentence of mine:

"I wouldn't consider this latest blurb totally fake news or breaking news as there might be a grain of truth in it somewhere"

Nowhere did I say this was fake news! thumbs up

You spent all that time replying, yet you were replying to something that was never said lol!

Date: January 20, 2018 05:24

Hairball
Ian, I think you misread my post and in your haste to respond overlooked this sentence of mine:

"I wouldn't consider this latest blurb totally fake news or breaking news as there might be a grain of truth in it somewhere"

You spent all that time replying, yet you were replying to something that was never said lol!

That's because I'm nuts .. Haven't you figured it out yet?

Bahahahah a... Sorry I truly misread it and thought it (you wrote) "I 'would consider this totally fake news" ... (you normally type much better than this so I was wondering a bit but didn't re-read it).

My apology. Album is still being worked on .. and is the plan .. but I must say

and concur .. they sure as HEallllllllllll ..... are not focusing on finishing it and making solid plans for a release. It's there .. they work on it now and again .. they plan on releasing it .. but that is it.

Zero seinse of urgency ... Not that its urgent ...but its just like .. no effort to get a solid plan on it. wow - !

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 20, 2018 13:59

Hairball
... Mick's on vacation in India with his family, and Keith ... in Jamaica now smoking a giant spliff with his Rasta brethren.

That's Continental Drift, remix 2018.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: January 20, 2018 14:21

KindaBlue
matxil
24FPS
Is it here, yet! I've been gone a few days. Is it the best since Exile? Did Bill come back? Does Mick T. guest star? Did Keith & Mick pow wow in Parrot wherever and write songs in each others noses? Yes?

Of course! How could you have missed it? My personal rating:
1) "Rough and Tough" -> a nice rocker, Ronnie does a good solo, lyrics a bit silly
2) "Selfish Me" -> a nice funky song, the rhythm is a bit too mechanical
3) "Late and lonely" -> A typical slow jazzy ballad by Keith. Could have been worked a bit more.
4) "Hot Lips" -> Another try to play reggae. Not really convincing.
5) "Sugar and Sweat" -> Mick Jagger is ready to dance. Great groove, but sounds a bit too much like Miss You
6) "Seven Sins" -> The most brilliant thing since Exile on Main Street, could this mean a re-born Stones? Keith is on fire and Mick is more energetic than ever
7) "Neon boogie" -> Wow, who would have known Ronnie could play the piano like that?
8) "Lights out" -> A fair ending of the album, sung by Keith.

Conclusion: not a bad album, a bit short.
These are great, but I can't wait for the limited edition Deluxe Edition with bonus tracks.

I'm also looking for the bootleg sessions tracks in the stonesvault.

The deluxe version includes the rare Mick track 'Cards are on the table' and Keith's 'Baby Baby Baby'

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 20, 2018 16:52

Hairball

Perhaps it was the "totally" part, which means, ha ha, literally, that it could be 99% fake news.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...116117118119120121122123124125126...LastNext
Current Page: 121 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1413
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home