Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...113114115116117118119120121122123...LastNext
Current Page: 118 of 704
Re: Another Stones studio album in 2018
Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 10, 2018 22:05

matxil
doitywoik
bv
Rest assured if there is something SOLID to report on the new album, which is still in the works, it will appear in the IORR NEWS section shortly.

It seems to me that the only solid thing about the new album is that we want to have it ...

I wouldn't be too sure about that either.

Ah, c'mon, don't be a spoilsport!

On the positive side: one day this threat will save us a lot of time. Once the new album out and it is great, we don't have to spend any more time pointing it out: it's already been said on umteen pages here. Once the new album out and it is crap, we don't have to spend any more time pointing it out: it's already been said on umteen pages here. Once the new album out and it is so-so, we don't have to spend any more time pointing it out: it's already been said on umteen pages here.

And if the new album does come our way in 2018: well, it'll be fun to add a few more pages here ... grinning smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 11, 2018 02:55

mtaylor

Shortly...

The album is coming very soon.... before the UK concerts.

It will be rock solid.

Was wondering about the "shortly" in bv's message too but I think he meant "quickly" for the updating of the front page if any solid info comes to light.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-11 02:56 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: January 11, 2018 05:53

Hairball
No Ian - it was sarcastic and silly...sorry to confuse you.
I've followed these threads close enough to know there is currently NOTHING happening.
On the bright side, no news is good news? confused smileywinking smiley

Looking forward to a new album IF it happens....whenever that may be.

I gotcha.. So I was correct initially.

Yeah I tell ya what... there is just like ...page ..after page ...after page and the only actual info we have out of like 118 pages could of more than likely easily fit on a single page lol.

Still... it is great to converse and anticipate (as you noted).

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: January 11, 2018 08:48

Why not release an Christmas Album? The can manage it until November, they don't need to write songs etc. And they have the age. Would be horrible? Well, wasn't ABB horrible as well ;-)

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 11, 2018 09:12

mtaylor
Shortly...

It will be rock solid.

Source?! eye rolling smiley

Date: January 11, 2018 10:45

KRiffhard
mtaylor
Shortly...

It will be rock solid.

Source: His own imagination, running away with him.. winking smiley

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: January 11, 2018 11:16

doitywoik
matxil
doitywoik
bv
Rest assured if there is something SOLID to report on the new album, which is still in the works, it will appear in the IORR NEWS section shortly.

It seems to me that the only solid thing about the new album is that we want to have it ...

I wouldn't be too sure about that either.

Ah, c'mon, don't be a spoilsport!

On the positive side: one day this threat will save us a lot of time. Once the new album out and it is great, we don't have to spend any more time pointing it out: it's already been said on umteen pages here. Once the new album out and it is crap, we don't have to spend any more time pointing it out: it's already been said on umteen pages here. Once the new album out and it is so-so, we don't have to spend any more time pointing it out: it's already been said on umteen pages here.

And if the new album does come our way in 2018: well, it'll be fun to add a few more pages here ... grinning smiley

You got a point there smiling smiley Keeping long threads alive on this forum is a goal on its own.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 11, 2018 19:17

mtaylor
Shortly...

It will be rock solid.

Very soon is not in the summer, it would be the end of January.

Very poor choice of a word, really. You can do better.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 11, 2018 19:38

KRiffhard
mtaylor
Shortly...

It will be rock solid.

Same source as everybody else on this 118 pages thread!!

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 11, 2018 22:29

mtaylor
KRiffhard
mtaylor
Shortly...

It will be rock solid.

Same source as everybody else on this 118 pages thread!!

I'd like to thank first and foremost my wife who without I couldn't have divulged accurate news on the new Rolling Stones album due in 2019

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: January 11, 2018 23:48

There will be a new album of new Stones music. Definitely. Either of "recently" written new songs and, if that does not work, of reworked outtakes from past decades. Or maybe both. In fact, they have enough material for at least a small series of albums. New stuff, old stuff, some decent covers - who really cares if the outcome will please our ears?

It's just a question of time when all this is beginning to materialize. Let's face it, financially, they are in no need to record a new album. They have nothing left to prove. But by any accounts, they obviously have the artistic desire to release new stuff. But top priority - no. Their top priority is playing shows as long as they can.

With that in mind, just give them the time they need to do it right and respect whatever they believe is a suitable working schedule for them considering their age. Pressure does not work here. Not from the record company (which is merely a distributor anyway at this stage) - and definitely not from fans. Even this thread continuing until page 336 won't change a thing - the "new album" will not be top priority, it will forever remain a bonus.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-11 23:51 by retired_dog.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 12, 2018 00:48

I predict the new album will arrive when this thread hits 337 pages!

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: January 12, 2018 00:54

Hairball
I predict the new album will arrive when this thread hits 337 pages!

Keith Richards: We just want to see how far we can take this, you know!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 12, 2018 02:08

KRiffhard
mtaylor
Shortly...

It will be rock solid.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: January 12, 2018 07:25

Monsoon Ragoon
Why not release an Christmas Album? Would be horrible? Well, wasn't ABB horrible as well ;-)

No Yes No

I LOVE Christmas - HATE ALL Christmas music and albums!

Rod

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 12, 2018 11:22

Rockman
KRiffhard
mtaylor
Shortly...

It will be rock solid.

Lol

Date: January 12, 2018 21:29

Hairball
Bt if not, oh well...it's been fun talking about it.

Yep, that's the right spirit!

Date: January 12, 2018 21:33

doitywoik
Hairball

It's been a rollercoaster of a thread so far...winking smiley...lots of ups and downs....

Calling on IanBillen to raise some spirits with some more positive speculation!

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 12, 2018 22:39

Monsoon Ragoon
Why not release an Christmas Album? The can manage it until November, they don't need to write songs etc. And they have the age. Would be horrible? Well, wasn't ABB horrible as well ;-)

Oh well, let us hope its better than Dylan's effort of a few years back.
Wasn't Keith's Rudolph single a Christmas ditty?
That's one track down...11 to do.

Date: January 13, 2018 01:01

jlowe
Monsoon Ragoon

Oh well, let us hope its better than Dylan's effort of a few years back.
Wasn't Keith's Rudolph single a Christmas ditty?
That's one track down...11 to do.

Dylan's was quite successful if I recall. I didn't buy it as a few snippets via youtube was more than enough, but I think it sold quite a few copies.
If the Stones do one, chances are they could get another number one like Blue and Lonesome,
and maybe get another Grammy nomination for the Christmas album category if there is one!

Rockin' and Rollin' Christmas with the Stones! smiling smiley

Date: January 13, 2018 03:34

Hairball
doitywoik
Hairball

It's been a rollercoaster of a thread so far...winking smiley...lots of ups and downs....

I think by late February we will have an actual mention of the albums progress and this time a release time frame ... be it from a member of the band or Don Was or an official rep. We will have something to go on... meaning he or she mentions the albums progress and also mentions a probable release time frame.. etc. a 'late summer' or 'fall release'.

If we do not.. or if we know that nothing has occurred that we know of between the new year and then from the band .. hope for a new album will be dismal.

Ian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-13 03:35 by IanBillen.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: January 13, 2018 04:41

I just checked page 1 of this thread, which began on December 9, 2016.

At that time, band members were saying they had half an album of material.

Remember how they went into the studio in 2012 and recorded 2 songs in 1 week?

Now it's taking 2 years just to get the other 6 or 7 songs together.

Perhaps the touring every year and only devoting those couple of months each year to concert activity is taking its toll.

Or maybe they just can't come up with new material anymore.

When you've spent the last dozen years dusting off the archives from the back catalogue, it could be hard to build back the momentum to take their music in new directions -- that is, if that's what a new release of original material is intended to do for them.

Maybe a better idea would be to just release a live album of the 2018 tour, round the holidays, and tack their best half dozen tracks or so of recently recorded music onto a bonus disc.

At least that would guarantee better sales of a live album.

Date: January 13, 2018 05:38

stonehearted

Perhaps the touring every year and only devoting those couple of months each year to concert activity is taking its toll.

When you've spent the last dozen years dusting off the archives from the back catalogue, it could be hard to build back the momentum to take their music in new directions -- that is, if that's what a new release of original material is intended to do for them.

Maybe a better idea would be to just release a live album of the 2018 tour, round the holidays, and tack their best half dozen tracks or so of recently recorded music onto a bonus disc.

Doom & Gloom & One More Shot were not RS songs conceived during that week. Those songs were already written.. one by Mick .. one by Keith. D & G was brought in by Mick .. One More Shot was brought in by Keith. The band simply touched them up writing wise a tad and then recorded them.

The band had half an album done <recording wise> when they said the album was half finished .. not only half an album worth of written material conjured up .. There is a big difference between the two concepts.

As well .. there were some songs that needed reshaped and re-cut possibly according to Woody.

It isn't like in two years all they could come up with was six total songs between Mick .. Keith .. and both Mick and Keith together lol. I think at one point Don Was mentioned Mick having 20-30 songs himself he was bringing to the table (sure.. not fully written..but still song ideas).

The way I see it (and get it from reading between the lines) ...this time is quality .. not quantity on this album. Seems as though they are only letting through and working up and then finally recording the very strongest tracks of the slews .. meaning they only have 6-8 done at this point.

The rest (final selection of tracks for the album) will be finished off within the next couple months .. Then there is your album ready for mixing at some point.

Isn't like they could only muster 6 songs or so in over two friggin years lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-13 05:40 by IanBillen.

Date: January 13, 2018 05:48

And then Getta Grip happened, seemingly throwing the entire process into a tail spin.
One step forward, two steps back...

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 13, 2018 11:47

IanBillen
stonehearted

Doom & Gloom & One More Shot were not RS songs conceived during that week. Those songs were already written.. one by Mick .. one by Keith. D & G was brought in by Mick .. One More Shot was brought in by Keith. The band simply touched them up writing wise a tad and then recorded them.

The band had half an album done when they said the album was half finished .. not only half an album worth of written material conjured up .. There is a big difference between the two concepts.

As well .. there were some songs that needed reshaped and re-cut possibly according to Woody.

It isn't like in two years all they could come up with was six total songs between Mick .. Keith .. and both Mick and Keith together lol. I think at one point Don Was mentioned Mick having 20-30 songs himself he was bringing to the table (sure.. not fully written..but still song ideas).

The way I see it (and get it from reading between the lines) ...this time is quality .. not quantity on this album. Seems as though they are only letting through and working up and then finally recording the very strongest tracks of the slews .. meaning they only have 6-8 done at this point.

The rest (final selection of tracks for the album) will be finished off within the next couple months .. Then there is your album ready for mixing at some point.

Isn't like they could only muster 6 songs or so in over two friggin years lol

Agree with most of this, but I really do hope that they use quality over quantity this time. I like all the SW to ABB albums, but they do suffer from being too long. Even B&L is a tad too long, but that album is what it is. 10 songs, 1 for Keith (and not being the last song), 1 or 2 covers (one from the last CB album that came out last year would be a nice tribute), keep the genres to a minimum (not another album of rock, blues, soul, dance, electronica, ballads etc. Keep it to rock, blues, 1 ballad and 1 soul song and that's it). When it's more concise, an album usually is stronger. Of course with curve balls added like Keith did on Crosseyeed Heart. If they do add a cover song, it'd be great with that awesome version they always do of Can't Turn You Loose. That's a better showstopper than most of their own songs. They never did a studio version, so now could be a great time to do that. It's the Stones equivalent of Springsteen doing Shout!

JumpingKentFlash

Date: January 13, 2018 18:14

stonehearted

I would be up for that... if the live songs are not:

Jumpin' Jack Flash
Brown Sugar
SFTD
Start Me Up
Paint It Black
Gimme Shelter
Satisfaction
Miss You
YCAGWYW
UOTN
YGMR
IORNR
HTW

Let's say the live songs are something along the lines of NO FILTER's odd songs:

Just Your Fool
Ride 'em On Down
Dancing With Mr D
She's A Rainbow
Hate To See You Go
Under My Thumb
LSTNT
Sweet Virginia
Bitch
Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo
Shine A Light

Date: January 13, 2018 19:04

I guess that "half an album of songs" are the songs that are more or less in the can and that everybody can agree on.

I can't really imagine that Mick might run out of songs or ideas for songs anytime soon (not so sure about Keith, so far as it's about songs that don't all sound the same).

Of course I would love them to tour behind a new album (means: more than just one new tune as an alibi per show) but that won't happen, I fear.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 14, 2018 00:03

Hairball
doitywoik
Hairball

This thread is child’s play compared to
‘Mick Jagger’s Solo Career’

Date: January 14, 2018 00:09

doitywoik
I guess that "half an album of songs" are the songs that are more or less in the can and that everybody can agree on.

I can't really imagine that Mick might run out of songs or ideas for songs anytime soon (not so sure about Keith, so far as it's about songs that don't all sound the same).

I'll be happy with a 6-8 song LP at this point - without a boringly bad reggae cover.

Consider Mick's non-Stones work the past, oh, 18 years or so - really bad, overall. Throw in his horrible solo-Stones songs (Sweet Neo Con, Streets Of Love and a plethora of others going as far back as VOODOO LOUNGE, with some, like his Kenny Loggins wannabe song that was so bad that fortunately didn't get finished and on through what happened on BRIDGES TO BABYLON and the two horrible LICKS songs Keys To Your Love and Stealing Your Heart and his benign 2 solo songs from 2017) and suddenly Keith's 3 or 4 good ideas take some new weight to them.

If they could just collaborate, whittle down Mick's 20-40 ideas with Keith dictating what's good and Mick being adamant about what is good (and if it's Brown Sugar/Sway/etc kind of good then great)... and Keith adding his bits, then maybe there'd be something pretty good.

It's unfortunate that such a legacy has been watered down so severely since 1989 and was never given a chance to recover enough that a lot of people are pleased with the fact that they'll possibly do something. That is just sad. It's why BLUE AND LONESOME is so awesome - because they did something and it's pretty damn good - the only problem being it's not an original Stones LP.

Hell, a 6 to 8 track LP sounds perfect these days.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: January 14, 2018 01:30

ABB is not half as bad as some of you make out. B & L is, like, awesome. New album - now they've learned it doesn't have to be 20 tracks - just 12 great ones, will be fantastic.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...113114115116117118119120121122123...LastNext
Current Page: 118 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2047
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home