Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...111112113114115116117118119120121...LastNext
Current Page: 116 of 704
Re: Another Stones studio album in 2018
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 24, 2017 06:47

Ronnie and Sally just saw HAMILTON. Are they in London for a band meeting or is the Post is confusing Keith with Ronnie?

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 24, 2017 07:11

Rocky Dijon
Ronnie and Sally just saw HAMILTON. Are they in London for a band meeting or is the Post is confusing Keith with Ronnie?

Gossip paper said Mick was in NY on the 23rd (today) so I would say no band meeting. And it’s Christmas (Merry, btw)

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: December 24, 2017 08:31

Of course there is a band meeting two or three days before X-mas. After they spend most of the year vacationing. Ha ha ha.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 24, 2017 11:29

Hey easy easy ...^^^^^ ... They gotta give each other Xmas presents ya know ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: December 25, 2017 06:13

Keith's in Connecticut. Mick, Melanie, Jade, etc. in Mustique.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-25 06:14 by chatoyancy.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: December 25, 2017 15:26

Mick WAS in London around 16 December.
The Daily Mirror had an article regarding a party at the London home of the Proprietor of the London Evening Standard .Photos of Mick, Elton, Jerry and Rupert...all looking a bit wasted!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 26, 2017 19:07

I know the element of the word "No" not being said to Mick has given us DIRTY WORK and onward with every album having some really crap songs on it (with exception to BLUE AND LONESOME). The talk about Don Was being a yes man has hurt the Stones is accurate. Almost interesting is that the two people Mick mentions have never worked with the Stones.

This can't say it any better:

The Rolling Stones will probably use a producer again at some point, but to produce a band like the Stones isn't easy. There's not that many guys who can really do a good job. A lot of guys who call themselves producers are really engineers. A producer, to me, is someone who has the authority to change an arrangement, a tempo. A lot of these guys are really just engineers who want to be called producers on the label. They don't have the authority to turn around and say, Hey, Mick, that's a bunch of shit, like Nile (Rodgers) or Bill (Laswell) would.
- Mick Jagger, January 1985

[timeisonourside.com]

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 26, 2017 19:18

GasLightStreet
I know the element of the word "No" not being said to Mick has given us DIRTY WORK and onward with every album having some really crap songs on it (with exception to BLUE AND LONESOME). The talk about Don Was being a yes man has hurt the Stones is accurate. Almost interesting is that the two people Mick mentions have never worked with the Stones.

This can't say it any better:

The Rolling Stones will probably use a producer again at some point, but to produce a band like the Stones isn't easy. There's not that many guys who can really do a good job. A lot of guys who call themselves producers are really engineers. A producer, to me, is someone who has the authority to change an arrangement, a tempo. A lot of these guys are really just engineers who want to be called producers on the label. They don't have the authority to turn around and say, Hey, Mick, that's a bunch of shit, like Nile (Rodgers) or Bill (Laswell) would.
- Mick Jagger, January 1985

[timeisonourside.com]

...or Rick Rubin.

Date: December 26, 2017 19:54

Listen to AC/DC's BALLBREAKER and tell me that Rick Rubin produced that.

He was good in the 1980s and 1990s but now all he does is eat tuna fish sandwiches and rides his stationary bike.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 26, 2017 21:37

While that quote from Mick is fine, why didn't he listen to Bill Laswell and Nile Rodgers when they turned around and told him SHE'S THE BOSS was a load of crap?

Kidding, sort of.

Nile Rodgers has said he doesn't even remember working with Mick he was so wasted on coke during the sessions. Mick treated Bill Laswell the same way he would Rick Rubin noting they didn't know how to produce certain songs ("Hard Woman," "Evening Gown," and "Hang On To Me Tonight") and that he had to do it himself. He and Keith always do a terrific job of telling people Andrew didn't really produce unless they didn't like the results and then apparently Andrew did produce. The remark about producers just being engineers are likely jibes at Glyn and Andy Johns and maybe even Mr. Kimsey at that point in time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-26 21:37 by Rocky Dijon.

Date: December 26, 2017 21:41

GasLightStreet

He was good in the 1980s and 1990s but now all he does is eat tuna fish sandwiches and rides his stationary bike.

Imo he's still a great producer and surely better than the yes man.

Date: December 26, 2017 22:07

Keith does talk some crap at times!
He has been quite prepared at times to step outside his 'comfort zone'.
Witness: YCAGWYA;Continental Drift; Angie ...not exactly your typical Stones sound.
It seems as though he's more not prepared to have a Mick song, which only requires him to hit a few notes, on the new album.
Never bothered John Lennon that much..and he was a self confessed egotist.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 27, 2017 00:25

GasLightStreet,
You cannot quote Mick Jagger from 1985 and think the opinion or attitude stills holds the same.
33 years ago!
That’s crazy.
We are so old, LOL.
Hope you are getting thru the holidays okay,
S

Date: December 27, 2017 20:02

Rocky Dijon
While that quote from Mick is fine, why didn't he listen to Bill Laswell and Nile Rodgers when they turned around and told him SHE'S THE BOSS was a load of crap?

Kidding, sort of

Nile Rodgers has said he doesn't even remember working with Mick he was so wasted on coke during the sessions. Mick treated Bill Laswell the same way he would Rick Rubin noting they didn't know how to produce certain songs ("Hard Woman," "Evening Gown," and "Hang On To Me Tonight") and that he had to do it himself. He and Keith always do a terrific job of telling people Andrew didn't really produce unless they didn't like the results and then apparently Andrew did produce. The remark about producers just being engineers are likely jibes at Glyn and Andy Johns and maybe even Mr. Kimsey at that point in time.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Because... they either have horrible taste in music or are yes men!

It's a bit much, Mick saying that. One might surmise that they owe their legacy to Jimmy Miller, although I highly doubt Miller had much to do with what Mick says about what a producer does. I've always understood that Miller was able to convey what they should be doing, not how, which is why Jumpin' Jack Flash and BEGGARS BANQUET was such a powerful time. There has always seemed to be this claim that Jimmy Miller is solely responsible for what happened but the other part of it is the Stones matured and focused, something that they'd only done once previously as a whole (AFTERMATH).

Then again, there may be a little more to it in other ways. As much as I love GOATS HEAD SOUP, it couldn't be more different from EOMS than TSMR could be. How anyone can pick out any particular track and say 'This is this good because of Jimmy Miller' is full of it. There's no way to tell.

Date: December 27, 2017 20:04

35love
GasLightStreet,
You cannot quote Mick Jagger from 1985 and think the opinion or attitude stills holds the same.
33 years ago!
That’s crazy.
We are so old, LOL.
Hope you are getting thru the holidays okay,
S

The albums don't lie.

Date: December 27, 2017 20:44

At one point while we were making the record, Mick pulled me out of the control room and talked to me in the hallway … one of the things he told me in that conversation was I was worse than Keith. I took that as a compliment. That was the nature of the relationship, and I definitely think good things came out of it.
Rick Rubin
[ultimateclassicrock.com]

Rick (about 'Charmed Life'): "C'mon Mick, we can't publish this crappy song..."
Mick: "Fu*#€ Rick...you are a ******...Get out of the control room...you are worse than Keith...."
smiling bouncing smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-27 20:44 by KRiffhard.

Date: December 28, 2017 19:19

KRiffhard
At one point while we were making the record, Mick pulled me out of the control room and talked to me in the hallway … one of the things he told me in that conversation was I was worse than Keith. I took that as a compliment. That was the nature of the relationship, and I definitely think good things came out of it.
Rick Rubin

Mick: "Fu*#€ Rick...you are a ******...Get out of the control room...you are worse than Keith...."
smiling bouncing smiley

Rubin had nothing to do with Charmed Life, which is partially why it's so bad. Aside from that thankful aspect, what made Jagger think it was releasable? It's horrible. Pure garbage. It's amazing. Especially when you consider what he did with the Red Devils!

Date: December 28, 2017 19:26

To get back to the point of this thread:
What happens if Universal are not happy with The Stones 'finished album'?
It does happen of course...not commercial enough...no hit single...album cover....lyrics etc.
Would they just delay release? And try again?
Or go to another company?

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: December 28, 2017 19:28

GasLightStreet
KRiffhard
Rick Rubin

smiling bouncing smiley

Rubin had nothing to do with Charmed Life, which is partially why it's so bad. Aside from that thankful aspect, what made Jagger think it was releasable? It's horrible. Pure garbage. It's amazing. Especially when you consider what he did with the Red Devils!

It's of course crap, but it ain't worse than Turn The Girl Loose or State Of Shock (of course).

Date: December 28, 2017 19:35

Monsoon Ragoon
GasLightStreet

It's of course crap, but it ain't worse than Turn The Girl Loose or State Of Shock (of course).

Very tight space to compare to those... those are bad. Almost gave me a headache remembering how Turn The Girl Loose goes.

Date: December 28, 2017 19:36

jlowe
To get back to the point of this thread:
What happens if Universal are not happy with The Stones 'finished album'?
It does happen of course...not commercial enough...no hit single...album cover....lyrics etc.
Would they just delay release? And try again?
Or go to another company?

It's the Stones, man.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: December 28, 2017 20:28

I like Turn the girl loose. Especially the fast parts...groovy, man!

Date: December 28, 2017 22:31

Monsoon Ragoon
GasLightStreet
KRiffhard
Rick Rubin

smiling bouncing smiley

thumbs up

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 8, 2018 18:17

Here it is. Wonder how it got sent back to over 11 days ago status? I know people were commenting on it after December 28th of last year. Hmmmmmm.

Date: January 8, 2018 19:16

KRiffhard
GasLightStreet

Imo he's still a great producer and surely better than the yes man.

What Rick Rubin did with Johnny Cash was the best work both have ever done.

What Rubin did for AC/DC is impossible to tell. In fact, it sounds like he did absolutely zero for AC/DC. Rubin's work with Run DMC, The Beastie Boys, The Cult, Tom Petty, RHCP, Mick Jagger - fantastic work.

What Happened to the New Album Thread???
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 8, 2018 08:09

...it was here, and then, it's gone.....

Re: What Happened to the New Album Thread???
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 8, 2018 08:33

Date: January 8, 2018 08:34

24FPS
...it was here, and then, it's gone.....

It's gone...like the new album!

Date: January 8, 2018 08:50

Not gone.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 8, 2018 13:57

According to BV on the 2018 tour thread a 2018 new album release would be a "bonus".

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...111112113114115116117118119120121...LastNext
Current Page: 116 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1832
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home