Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...100101102103104105106107108109110...LastNext
Current Page: 105 of 704
Re: Another Stones studio album in 2018
Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: December 8, 2017 23:45

Love those turquoise shoes, Keith!

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: December 9, 2017 11:04

Oh dear, 105 pages so far.
Its a bit like Dylan's Chronicles 2. A site (Book Depository)confirms 31 December 2019 release. Oh yeh?
A suggestion for the album title: Getting blood out of a stone.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 9, 2017 12:29

at the end of On Air Podcast No 3, Keef n Mick talk about working on the New album. ""still a lot to do, sounding good, working on it"".

Jeroen

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 9, 2017 13:00

corriecas
at the end of On Air Podcast No 3, Keef n Mick talk about working on the New album. ""still a lot to do, sounding good, working on it"".

Jeroen

Thanks Jeroen thumbs up

Date: December 9, 2017 13:02

corriecas
at the end of On Air Podcast No 3, Keef n Mick talk about working on the New album. "still a lot to do, sounding good, working on it"".

Jeroen

"Still a lot to do" eye rolling smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 9, 2017 13:05

KRiffhard
corriecas

Jeroen

Thanks Jeroen thumbs up

smoking smileysmileys with beer You are welcome.
Jeroen

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 9, 2017 13:17

Yeah, could take a while.

Date: December 9, 2017 13:20

Are they in the studio right now?

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: December 9, 2017 13:39

corriecas

Jeroen

Thank you. Hopefully they keep working for a 2018 release, either way it will be good!!!!! thumbs upsmiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 9, 2017 17:54

"still a lot to do, sounding good, working on it"

At least they're talking about it. thumbs up

Said repeatedly like a mantra, it could be lyrics for a new tune.

"still a lot to do, sounding good, working on it!
still a lot to do, sounding good, working on it!
still a lot to do, sounding good, working on it"!

Jagger/Richards

Date: December 9, 2017 19:30

Hairball

Jagger/Richards

Oh no, it seems something similar to Gotta Get a Grip!!!

Date: December 9, 2017 19:37

Lol...yes it does...eye rolling smileysmiling smiley

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: December 10, 2017 01:34

corriecas

Jeroen

'Still a lot to do'? I mean... like Really?? .. I was thinking they would have this thing basically ready / all but put to wraps by April .. (still not sure why they still won't?) It doesn't that THAT long to record an album. By Spring.. this thing better be basically done.

Now.. looks like it could be a late summer release .. Geeeeeeez.

I tell ya.. this better be a 'daaaaamn' good record Lol

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-10 01:37 by IanBillen.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 10, 2017 02:49

Hairball

Jagger/Richards

*I thought I told you the new song is called
‘Get Off My Back’

Date: December 10, 2017 03:46

IanBillen
corriecas

Jeroen

'Still a lot to do'? I mean... like Really?? .. I was thinking they would have this thing basically ready / all but put to wraps by April .. (still not sure why they still won't?) It doesn't that THAT long to record an album. By Spring.. this thing better be basically done.

Reminds me of the kid who waits months for Christmas to arrive only to receive a lump of coal as a gift.
Not insinuating you alone being the kid Ian as I think most of us are awaiting anxiously for something new - hopefully none of us will be given a lump of coal! thumbs up

In the meantime....

winking smiley

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: December 10, 2017 04:45

Hairball
IanBillen
corriecas

Jeroen

Reminds me of the kid who waits months for Christmas to arrive only to receive a lump of coal as a gift.
Not insinuating you alone being the kid Ian as I think most of us are awaiting anxiously for something new - hopefully none of us will be given a lump of coal! thumbs up

In the meantime....

winking smiley

Run, Rudolph .. Run .. ....

Perhaps Nelly is Co-producing with Don Was on the next record. Word has it The Stones are going to be featured on his show Nellyville .. .. .....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-10 04:58 by IanBillen.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 10, 2017 13:26

So on @officialkeef Instagram he puts s picture titled "now for the 5 string telecaster" to which I comment "New Stones originals Keith? C'mon get something out. I Am Getting Old!"

I score a "like" again! My second to similar requests. It's a bone, at least...

Rod

Date: December 10, 2017 14:03

bitusa2012
So on @officialkeef Instagram he puts s picture titled "now for the 5 string telecaster" to which I comment "New Stones originals Keith? C'mon get something out. I Am Getting Old!"

Who runs his account?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-10 14:04 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 10, 2017 14:09

KRiffhard
bitusa2012

Who runs his account?

No idea but it's the pic on page 104 of this thread that it seems is posted by Jane Rose

Rod

Date: December 10, 2017 14:16

bitusa2012
KRiffhard
bitusa2012

Who runs his account?

No idea but it's the pic on page 104 of this thread that it seems is posted by Jane Rose

thumbs up

Date: December 10, 2017 15:28

I guess the success of B and L has created a problem for the Stones. They are frightened that there is no way they can follow up the critical and commercial success of that covers album with an album of original work. Especially given the 'tester' (Get a Grip and EL) went down like a turd in a Radox bath.

Anything that takes that long to come up with, I am sure, will be overwrought, overworked, and underwhelming. You come up with a cool song idea, play it a bit, record it, done. Years and years tinkering with an album rarely (ever?) produces good results.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: December 10, 2017 15:44

peoplewitheyes
I guess the success of B and L has created a problem for the Stones. They are frightened that there is no way they can follow up the critical and commercial success of that covers album with an album of original work. Especially given the 'tester' (Get a Grip and EL) went down like a turd in a Radox bath.

Anything that takes that long to come up with, I am sure, will be overwrought, overworked, and underwhelming. You come up with a cool song idea, play it a bit, record it, done. Years and years tinkering with an album rarely (ever?) produces good results.

Frightened? Seriously? At this stage of their carreer, when they can charge 5mil.dollars per one show and sell those shows out without any problem? When they perform JJF, SMU, BS are they frightened that they will not live up to the 30-40 years old versions of those songs? smiling smiley

Date: December 10, 2017 15:58

strawman argument, Happy24

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: December 10, 2017 17:35

peoplewitheyes
strawman argument, Happy24

It really wasn't my intention. Sorry if it came through that way. I just can't imagine Mick and Keith being frightened of anybody elses opinion. Charlie even less. I just find the idea or rather the image in my head quite funny, that's all. smiling smiley But yeah, it is just that one word - frightened - that cought my eye in your post. Other than that I can imagine that they are simply not happy with what they have so far, which is what you probably meant anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-10 17:37 by Happy24.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: December 10, 2017 17:53

Frightened may be the wrong word, but given that B+L was both a critical and commercial success, they clearly do not want to put anything out that would fall short in either way. The last thing they want is reviews saying they should have stuck to the old stuff. They are not frightened, but they are concerned with their image.

They need to all go to the same studio at the same time and play. That's just my opinion. I don't see individual band members going into different studios ad hoc as a band working on an album. Working out songs in preparation for band sessions, OK. But it's just preliminary work, I think (hope?).

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: December 10, 2017 17:55

peoplewitheyes
Love those turquoise shoes, Keith!

A review of the first Paris show in Paris Match, otherwise a rave, noted that the band was "mal chaussées" (they had ugly shoes).

Date: December 10, 2017 19:38

peoplewitheyes

Blue and Lonesome pt.II would solve that problem - Keith even seemed open to the idea in one of his interviews. On the other hand it would be a clear sign they have nothing more original left to say - at least anything that is worth saying. Based on much of the original material they've released during these latter years (and if Getta Grip is anything to go by), I'd be happy with more blues covers. They could have recorded and maybe even released volume II, III, and IV by now while they're farting around trying to come up with something original, and the money and accolades would keep rolling in. Instead, they're kind of floating around in circles in the middle of the ocean...stuck on a raft...wondering and bickering over which direction to go...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 10, 2017 20:09

peoplewitheyes

You're way off. The Jagger solo singles are just that - solo singles. And since there was a huge awareness for BLUE AND LONESOME it will only help once they release their new (and very likely last) studio album.

Years and years of tinkering not producing good results? EXILE and TATTOO YOU qualify. You could throw Def Leppard's HYSTERIA in there as well.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: December 10, 2017 20:20

GasLightStreet
peoplewitheyes

You're way off. The Jagger solo singles are just that - solo singles. And since there was a huge awareness for BLUE AND LONESOME it will only help once they release their new (and very likely last) studio album.

Years and years of tinkering not producing good results? EXILE and TATTOO YOU qualify. You could throw Def Leppard's HYSTERIA in there as well.

I seriously doubt the "new album" will be comparable with EOMS or TY in Terms of musical quality - no matter how long they need to complete it. If we're very lucky it will be comparable with Steel Wheels or Emotional Rescue.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 10, 2017 20:28

Sure, it won't compare quality wise to EOMS or TY - but, as long as it's taking, when it's finished, they will have worked probably less than the total of a month on it in terms of days.

It just took 3 years to do it.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...100101102103104105106107108109110...LastNext
Current Page: 105 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2017
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home