Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7980818283848586878889...LastNext
Current Page: 84 of 704
Re: Another Stones studio album in 2018
Posted by: terry ()
Date: October 5, 2017 23:35

IanBillen
terry
Didn't the new album sessions start late 2016, then mick and Keith spent a week
In a room together roundabout April this year according to rolling stone magazine.
Plus a few days recording in London this year.
And surly the no filter tour was named after this supposedly new studio album,
As that would make sense.
My feeling is there not happy with the songs, or are struggling to come up with anything decent, so they have put it on hold.
That's all I want now is this studio album just to wrapped things up nicely.
I was hoping to hear the new album before I die of old age lol
I'm doing my best to stay fit n healthy, but I can't last forever.

They started the sessions in December of 2015. They were working on cutting new material when Blue & Lonesome was unexpectedly born in a three day stretch. They then went back to working on new material in that 10 day - two week span in 2015.

They also worked a few other times on it **and yes Keith and Mick spent a week together working on it (closely as was reported) in one of those segments. Could of happened more but we know it took place at least once in that vane.. Keith talked about it.

I think they did about four stints in the studio total so far? (minimum). Don Was says they had been working on it in spurts. June was the last they worked on it together in London.

No filter was not named after the album .. that was a rumor. There is no idication we know of any kind of name and the album is not finished.. not nearly complete. Woody says they have like 12 songs or something to date (I am sure there are more but Im thinking 12 strong album worthy songs as I understand it).

The songs or some of them may be re-recorded or parts may be recut.. that is also very much a possibility according to Woody.

Album is far from done yet is my take .. although there has been ample work on it considering the last couple years bc they have been working this thing up or around in four or five segments is how I am getting it.

Georgelicks told us a long while ago they are in no rush to get the record out .. and that is becoming more and more evident and ringing true. He noted there is no urgency a long while ago (because they want it done right.. not just put out for times sake).

We had our hopes up a couple times and he noted then .. in so many words 'don't bet on it' because they are taking their time and are in no rush to move it along. It will come when they feel it's ready (this time). That is how I understand it.

Again he said they are in no rush this time on this particular record .. and guess what... they sho as heallllll ain't lol ! (HOPEFULLY the results wil pay off and I have a good feeling it will).

That kinda makes sense Ian thanks.
Mabe I'm getting impatient, I suppose as long as the stones are safe and healthy, that's more important.

Ian

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 5, 2017 23:56

deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-06 17:57 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 6, 2017 05:18

Rocky Dijon
...and may even remain a possibility if next year's proposed tour is still labeled NO FILTER as reported.

WHERE was this "REPORTED"? In an online chat room like this, or in a Stones press release? I'd find it odd that a 2018 tour is named the same as a 2017 tour. Has that happened recently?

Rod

Date: October 6, 2017 07:04

deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-06 17:55 by Rocky Dijon.

Re: Another album in 2017 ?
Date: October 6, 2017 07:16

deleted

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-06 17:55 by Rocky Dijon.

Date: October 6, 2017 07:29

deleted

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-06 17:56 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 6, 2017 08:51

I know a girl who lied to her grandmother and the grandmother lied back to her ten fold ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: October 6, 2017 09:21

Rocky Dijon
My apologies that I don't have a press release from the band, AIG, or Universal Music Group for information that could change.

Not everyone makes shit up to impress people. Sometimes people remember things and just try to connect the dots for others.

When I have given something that came from me, I call it hearsay...like being told the album was substantially complete. It's a matter of deciding if we're getting the tracks and mixes Mick prefers or the tracks and mixes Keith prefers if that is the case. Substantially complete would mean if something happened to them tomorrow, Don Was could still pull an album together for Universal. If all goes well, they'll play around mixing and overdubbing and jockeying for favor with Don Was and the label to try to convince the other over the next couple months after the Paris gigs. They don't seem to want compromise this time. Probably because it's likely the last time. Mick's solo single with Ronnie and Charlie intact was Mick's litmus test. That may work in Keith's favor or not. We'll see.

Now, could someone be pulling my leg? Sure, all the remarks anyone has heard (familiar Stones, modern Stones, experimental Stones, soulful jazzy ballad) could be used to describe every album for the past 30 years. These are safe bets it will be eclectic. They almost always are. Me sticking with this narrative means Ronnie wasn't being entirely truthful when he said the album has to be recut and isn't finished. Of course, we also had Keith recently announcing since BLUE AND LONESOME they're starting work on an album. They're aware of how to play the media. I'll stick with my source and see if it sounds reasonable at the end of the day, but until we know for certain it's just hearsay.

Something from B.V. (possible album title of NO FILTER) or Rose Leavell (a possible first quarter 2018 release as of a month ago), I consider plausible because of who they are. I realize Soldatti has heard otherwise from UMG. I think he has solid sources, but they've been wrong sometimes or were fed misinfo to trace leaks (like telling him the album would be done by June earlier this year). Everyone tells what they hear, know, or surmise. Very few people on IORR make shit up.

I think the No Filter name for an album was a possibility bc BV said it could be like you mentioned .. I dont think it was made up at all....but the album didn't get done (or agreed upon). I think next year they mayyyy keep the name of the tour but not if their US trek runs into next fall.... . I think by that point a new name will be in the cards and I also think the album will be called something different at this point no matter what. We will of had No Filter... Cant see them having a tour 4 ...5 .... 6 months old with a name we all know very well .... only to name the album the same exact thing by the time it comes... what fun is that? ... (that would be lame ...very lame). Will be time for something new by then. Just my opinion of course.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-06 09:24 by IanBillen.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 7, 2017 08:32

Maindefender
Albums get released all year round, my opinion the industry experts don't have a clue. Blue and Lonesome seems to have been made for the Holidays. I agree we don't need an annual Xmas release but every Friday between January 1st and November 1st should be on the table.

And now we have On Air coming out December 1st. A nice Holiday release....smileys with beer

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: October 7, 2017 15:59

Old bands as the Stones are 99% physical product related, and physical sales are higher than ever on late November/almost all December thanks to the Christmas season.
This "On Air" release will sell some thanks to that alone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-07 15:59 by georgelicks.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: October 7, 2017 19:00

georgelicks
Old bands as the Stones are 99% physical product related, and physical sales are higher than ever on late November/almost all December thanks to the Christmas season.
This "On Air" release will sell some thanks to that alone.

But NOT if you are Bob Dylan. I've done a quick trawl and out of 37 albums (new material) releases:
-35 released outside of the November/December period, the exceptions being:
JOHN WESLEY HARDING 27 December 1967
DYLAN 16 November 1973
The latter album certainly not sanctioned by Bob as he had fallen out with Columbia at the time.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 26, 2017 14:00

It's time for a new album...c'mon boys!!

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: October 26, 2017 15:03

Keith once said that he'd like to take the band into the recording studio straight after a tour while the everyone was still hot and it would be nice to think that they'd carry on with recording now that this tour has just finished.

I'm ashamed to say that I don't know if they've done this before but I don't think they have.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 26, 2017 15:09

"once" ? Keith has said that on numerous occasions ;-) Especially in 2002 after they didn't tour behind a new album for the first time...They did have an album in the can but never got round to finishing it for release. Just didn't make sense to them I suppose.

As to whether they ever did it ? The RCA sessions in August/September 1978 are probably the closest to that but they didn't produce an album.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: October 26, 2017 15:13

Harlem Shuffler
Keith once said that he'd like to take the band into the recording studio straight after a tour while the everyone was still hot and it would be nice to think that they'd carry on with recording now that this tour has just finished.

I'm ashamed to say that I don't know if they've done this before but I don't think they have.

Oh yes, they have! Here's an example - from 1978, one month after the 1978-tour:

Tallahassee Lassie
Recording date: August-September 1978 (& August-September 2011)

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-26 15:14 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: October 26, 2017 15:38

Harlem Shuffler

1978, 1982 was not long after the tours.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 26, 2017 18:55

KRiffhard
It's time for a new album...c'mon boys!!

It's not looking too good for a new album to come out any time soon, if it ever comes out at all.

From the US Tour 2018 thread:

mpj200
But the album seems to be really coming along slowly. Very little talk of it on this tour. Shows in UK look good, health to all pending.
Then maybe the US if they are still rolling. But I'm suspect about them finishing this record. Time will tell.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 26, 2017 19:31

Calling Georgelicks..........drinking smileygrinning smiley

Date: October 26, 2017 19:34

Maindefender

Lol...Georgelicks vs. mpj200...the battle of the inside sources. smiling smiley

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: October 26, 2017 19:43

Thanks to those who responded to my earlier post.

Date: October 26, 2017 21:36

Hairball
Maindefender

Lol...Georgelicks vs. mpj200...the battle of the inside sources. smiling smiley

thumbs up
...and i'm still waiting for Heinz57!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-26 21:36 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 26, 2017 21:50

Do you know another major band / artist touring so much than the Stones for more than ten years without supporting an album with original material ? Not even Kiss grinning smiley dare.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-26 21:56 by powerage78.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: November 1, 2017 15:48

Of course it would be nice to see the stones tour behind a new album. I just don't think it's going to happen.

I mean, even if there is a new album one day. One, maybe two new songs, that would be it. We would never get seven or eight new songs in a show. Sadly.

Date: November 1, 2017 15:58

powerage78
Do you know another major band / artist touring so much than the Stones for more than ten years without supporting an album with original material ? Not even Kiss grinning smiley dare.

It doesn't have to be original material?

They presented the B&L-tracks nicely on this tour, although they could have played more of the album than the three tracks, imo.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 1, 2017 16:22

powerage78

The Who.

1 Album since 1982 and that was 11 years ago.

Date: November 1, 2017 17:59

Seems they've run out of steam on this...has the well run dry?

The follow up to Doom and Gloom could be a new single titled Grim and Dim b/w Two More Shots.
Or maybe Gotta take a Trip b/w England First...with multiple remixes.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 1, 2017 18:11

Hairball

The follow up to Doom and Gloom could be a new single titled Grim and Dim b/w Two More Shots.

These were the 2 songs spied written on the plexiglass:
Dec. 11, 2015
British Grove Studios, London:

1. DRIVE ME TOO HARD
2. GET OUT OF MY WAY
............................... (producer Don Was: "We Hit The Wall")

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 1, 2017 18:12

Well I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt with this one.

I'm going to presume that it's taking a long time because they want it to be right & really good.smiling smiley

Date: November 2, 2017 07:32

Spud
Well I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt with this one.

I'm going to presume that it's taking a long time because they want it to be right & really good.smiling smiley

thumbs up

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: November 2, 2017 09:07

Hairball

By early next year we will know .. If all of January and February goes by and we hear nothing of new sessions or the next Rolling Stones album you can consider it pretty much fact... they ran out of steam on it.

If we hear nothing (no blurbs from them about getting back into the studio or the next album) within the next three months about said album .. the project is toast. However I am still optimistic (cautiously). I think they still plan on finishing it and releasing it next year.

If we are getting to mid February and we hear nothing ... No mention from them about recording or upcoming sessions.. no nothing about said album ...I would consider it out of steam.

Let's HOPE they are just taking this one really .. really slow.. and cautiously in trying to make the best possible record they can this time. Hopefully they are 'cultivating' it... not shunning or forgetting it in trying to assure the strongest effort they can make in a studio release.

Ian

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-02 09:15 by IanBillen.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7980818283848586878889...LastNext
Current Page: 84 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1960
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home