Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7879808182838485868788...LastNext
Current Page: 83 of 704
Re: Another Stones studio album in 2018
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 2, 2017 17:19

deleted

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-06 18:02 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: October 2, 2017 18:06

Rocky Dijon
Okay, trying to sort through this, Ian. I think you're saying we can trust Rose Leavell to know better than anyone on IORR, but we can't trust the Stones to tell Chuck until he's actually playing with them. Do I have that, right? From time to time, I feel like the square who wandered into the jazz club and can't quite follow the be-bop jive they're speaking.

If I have that right, then anything Chuck tells Rose about the new album would be guess work since the Stones wouldn't have told him anything in advance which means what Rose posted in late August is no better than what anyone on IORR speculates even though Rose, by being Mrs. Leavell, is more trustworthy than anyone on IORR.

Somehow, no matter how I take it apart, it looks like whether the album comes out in early 2018 or not, you're saying you understood and if we trust you, we'll be right, too.

I know you're an engineer, but I think maybe you should be a politician or a religious leader. Those are pretty compelling arguments, my friend!

Lol ... I said many many times <my> guess on when it comes out is simply a guess... no info or inside info to back it at all. I thought I made it clear .. my theory is just a guess.

Right.. For Example .. in May and April (2016) none of us knew what the album even was. We were not sure if they were covers of Blues or original Blues or whether it was to be part of a new studio album of their originals or what. .. at the time The Stones were not even 110% sure (May of 2016) what route they were going to take with it.. they were still deciding but guess what.. they (and Chuck) knew a hell of a lot more than any of us about what the material was.. how much they had... the options on the table etc..... They heard the stuff and were playing on it lol It only makes sense.

Chuck had met with Keith .. He played it for him. They talked about the tracks.. and in three weeks Chuck was playing on the album in New Orleans overdubbing on it with Don Was. That was in mid May of 2016. I am quite sure at that point Jane Rose Levell knew what her husband was doing and I am guessing they at least talked a tad about the album. They do talk ya know.. he is very close with his wife and they discuss his music endeavors very intimately (I saw him say this in an interview.. and in fact.. she was the one who told him The Stones want him to play with them on tour for the first time... she took the phone call).

So why wouldn't she?

*When one of our spouses is recording with The Stones and touring with em then we can call it even-steven as to who would be more 'in the know'. For God sakes she <knows> the Rolling Stones personally and her husband is on tour .. and on stage with em as we speak lol.

How could any of us be more 'in the know' than her or them ...? (again that is unrealistic). I am not saying they tell him everything ..bc they don't .. They don't let him know it all.. they are sort of closed mouthed even with him as I understand ....but guess what.. I guarantee he finds out and knows a Healllll of a lot more and faster than any of us ..he plays on the friggin things (and like I said.. his wife and he are very intimate and they discuss his music endeavors very closely).

And btw.. not for anything.. but Chuck has already played on the new material... dude is on it lol. So thinking that any of us know as much or more than Chuck (or his wife ..who also went to London with him when they recording on some of this brand new stuff) is silly.

And again .. they may of not been 110% open about their 'exact; plans on its release time frame ..as at times they are even closed mouthed a bit with him as I understand it ..but guess what.. he and his misses know a Heallll of a lot more than any of us and the actual situation at hand. That's what I'm saying.

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-02 18:21 by IanBillen.

Date: October 2, 2017 18:27

If what Ronnie said was true, though, ("we might record all the new songs from scratch again") Chuck won't have played on anything on the new album yet.. winking smiley

Date: October 2, 2017 18:46

DandelionPowderman
If what Ronnie said was true, though, ("we might record all the new songs from scratch again") Chuck won't have played on anything on the new album yet.. winking smiley

I know that too .. but Chuck and his wife are much more in the know than any of us here .. that much I can ASSURE you. Wait.. I can triple ASSURE you (again not realizing that is being unrealistic) .... Dude has worked on the album with em, yo .. and I am sure he at the very least mentioned or spoke about it with his misses... she went to London with him while he worked on it lol.

Bottom line is this.. What they choose to let Chuck know .. (she probably knows most of) .. and any of that is the <real deal> and is more than any of us know.. that's what I'm saying and trying to get across.

Ian

Date: October 2, 2017 18:52

deleted

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-06 18:02 by Rocky Dijon.

Date: October 2, 2017 19:29

Rocky Dijon
I was just funning you, Ian. We're all scrambling for needles in a haystack here.

I don't think anyone was saying any of us knew better than Rose Leavell. She's not Jane Rose, by the way, that's Keith's manager who used to work for the Stones organization.

I think all that was said was I'm being optimistic that what Rose wrote a month or so ago is the current plan (a release by March 2018) and Hairball was simply being skeptical. I was just funning you for having it both ways.

Yes, I understand that's the only logical path - to say it might, it might not. It's too soon to know either way.

Yes.. sorry. I had Jane Rose (Keith's manager) name in my head. I thought someone was implying that a few key people here may know more than Chuck himself (or his misses) about the album ..

That's where I had to draw the line and say .. now wait a second here folks.

The person here that I think knows most is Heinz57 .. He (or she) is usually very very scarce and very very short .. Hmmmmmmm?

Date: October 2, 2017 19:53

deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-06 18:00 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 2, 2017 20:32

IanBillen
To think that someone on the board knows more than Chuck or his wife is unrealistic IMO.

I don't think anyone here has claimed that, I know I certainly haven't, so who or are you arguing with?
All I was saying that Chuck's wife probably knows less than other insiders who have been more involved in the new album - Ronnie for example who just recently said words to the effect of any new material needs much more work. Her blog statement was a generic smattering of previously known news - Chuck played on Blue and Lonesome, he played on some other stuff, Stones rehearsing for new tour, and finally a brief sentence about a new album in the winter months. If you want to read that as an absolute fact and place all your bets on it, I'd be willing to bet against it...but...I'm not a gambling man. winking smiley

edit: Ah OK never mind...I see this has already been cleared up by Rocky .

"I don't think anyone was saying any of us knew better than Rose Leavell. ..I think all that was said was I'm being optimistic
that what Rose wrote a month or so ago is the current plan (a release by March 2018) and Hairball was simply being skeptical".

Should have read through the rest of the thread before posting.

Wonder if the Stones are working on new material during their off days of the tour? Something tells me not a chance in a million, but ya never know!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-02 20:43 by Hairball.

Date: October 3, 2017 07:22

Hairball
IanBillen
To think that someone on the board knows more than Chuck or his wife is unrealistic IMO.

I don't think anyone here has claimed that, I know I certainly haven't, so who or are you arguing with?
All I was saying that Chuck's wife probably knows less than other insiders who have been more involved in the new album - Ronnie for example who just recently said words to the effect of any new material needs much more work. Her blog statement was a generic smattering of previously known news - Chuck played on Blue and Lonesome, he played on some other stuff, Stones rehearsing for new tour, and finally a brief sentence about a new album in the winter months. If you want to read that as an absolute fact and place all your bets on it, I'd be willing to bet against it...but...I'm not a gambling man. winking smiley

edit: Ah OK never mind...I see this has already been cleared up by Rocky .

"I don't think anyone was saying any of us knew better than Rose Leavell. ..I think all that was said was I'm being optimistic
that what Rose wrote a month or so ago is the current plan (a release by March 2018) and Hairball was simply being skeptical".

Should have read through the rest of the thread before posting.

Wonder if the Stones are working on new material during their off days of the tour? Something tells me not a chance in a million, but ya never know!

I thought when someone said 'insiders' they were referring to select people here is what threw me off. It is not crazy to think that people involved on the album may know more than Chucks wife.. she's just his wife and most likely only knows what he tells her.. However Chuck himself may know a whole bunch .. or not much at all about future release or recording plans .. just depends.

I still stand by my call that I can guarantee ya one thing ... Chuck (and / or his wife) know more than any of us here I can bet the farm on that.. Chuck heard the new stuff and played on it and he knows The Stones quite personally and is with em right now ... He may not know 110% future album plans but I guarantee he knows more than any of us is all I was saying. He will at least know the real deal as far as options.. we are only speculating.

I don't think the new album will be released in the winter or in the first quarter of next year. I think that is when they will finish the album ... I wouldn't expect to see it until early summer at the earliest. Just my theory .. Cant see em releasing it in February or March. It will probably be just finishing being worked on at that point.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-03 07:27 by IanBillen.

Date: October 3, 2017 07:40

IanBillen
I still stand by my call that I can guarantee ya one thing ... Chuck (and / or his wife) know more than any of us here I can bet the farm on that.. Chuck heard the new stuff and played on it and he knows The Stones quite personally and is with em right now ... He may not know 110% future album plans but I guarantee he knows more than any of us is all I was saying. He will at least know the real deal as far as options.. we are only speculating

Congratulations Ian - you've said the same thing 20 different ways now, and there's still nobody who is arguing or disagreeing with you!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-03 07:40 by Hairball.

Date: October 3, 2017 08:49

deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-06 17:59 by Rocky Dijon.

Date: October 3, 2017 09:07

"Rocky Dijon" says ... No one is arguing.

>>>> Good .. I settle arguments with my fists (or my pee-pee ... whichever rises to the occasion first .. .. .. ..)

"Rocky Dijon" says.... I'm not sure what you want.

>>> I want (and expect) only 'greatness' from each and every one of you .. nothing less -

"Rocky Dijon" says.... No one is being disrespectful to Rose Leavell or Chuck.

>>>> What if I suggested that she is a whore ..and Chuck is her pimp? I still just might ya know .. ...

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-03 09:15 by IanBillen.

Date: October 3, 2017 17:49

deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-06 17:58 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 3, 2017 18:22

Heinz57...where are you?!! I miss you!! smiling bouncing smiley

Date: October 3, 2017 19:44

Rocky Dijon
I'm pretty sure this is your sense of humor, Ian, but I'm left somewhat confused by all of this.

I guess I have an odd, often perverted sense of humor .. sorry grinning smiley ha

Date: October 3, 2017 19:46

KRiffhard
Heinz57...where are you?!! I miss you!! smiling bouncing smiley

Ikr ... Nobody knows who he was but he was big-league with em .. He (or she) is the one that probably knows the REAL DEAL.

Heinz57 ... Come out come out wherever you are ....

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: October 4, 2017 00:08

There's nothing new since about 3-4 months ago, about 15 new songs were recorded during the last 18-20 months, on and off during various sessions, the record is not done yet and the band will still work on it after the tour, maybe on December and/or early 2018.

Universal wanted the album out in December to cash in with the Christmas season but the album is not done yet, the band has no rush to finish it so we should wait until they (Mick/Keith) both agree on the final cut.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 4, 2017 04:22

Thanks George love your updates...thumbs upthumbs up

Date: October 4, 2017 05:21

georgelicks
There's nothing new since about 3-4 months ago, about 15 new songs were recorded during the last 18-20 months, on and off during various sessions, the record is not done yet and the band will still work on it after the tour, maybe on December and/or early 2018.

Universal wanted the album out in December to cash in with the Christmas season but the album is not done yet, the band has no rush to finish it so we should wait until they (Mick/Keith) both agree on the final cut.

'the band has no rush to finish it '

Yes.. you said that before and believe me ... we know that's for certain lol smiling smiley

I would of taken the album this fall or late last summer ... but I think releasing it in the summer or late summer early fall of 2018 is much ..much better now than round Christmas. They just had an album come out as a sort of special round the Christmas season. I don't want them to be the friggin Christmas album band .. They are 'The Rolling Stones'! smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-04 05:23 by IanBillen.

Date: October 5, 2017 14:04

Albums get released all year round, my opinion the industry experts don't have a clue. Blue and Lonesome seems to have been made for the Holidays. I agree we don't need an annual Xmas release but every Friday between January 1st and November 1st should be on the table.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 5, 2017 14:33

Yes....an album every Friday would be good for me too .grinning smiley

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: October 5, 2017 15:24

Spud

...Especially if it's for 10 months in a row (Jan. 1 - Nov. 1), like suggested here... smoking smiley

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 5, 2017 15:30

I think there will be another studio album : UK dates in 2018 + perhaps USA later.
After that...

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: terry ()
Date: October 5, 2017 20:19

Didn't the new album sessions start late 2016, then mick and Keith spent a week
In a room together roundabout April this year according to rolling stone magazine.
Plus a few days recording in London this year.
And surly the no filter tour was named after this supposedly new studio album,
As that would make sense.
My feeling is there not happy with the songs, or are struggling to come up with anything decent, so they have put it on hold.
That's all I want now is this studio album just to wrapped things up nicely.
I was hoping to hear the new album before I die of old age lol
I'm doing my best to stay fit n healthy, but I can't last forever.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: October 5, 2017 20:43

georgelicks

Oh I sometimes wish for the good old days when Record Companies gave the Artists DEADLINES to get the product out.
Never harmed the quality!

Date: October 5, 2017 21:55

Spud

smileys with beer>grinning smiley<

Date: October 5, 2017 22:12

There's a young Chicago garage rock band, Twin Peaks. Rough on the edges especially early on but their last album Down In Heaven(2016) is really nice. They tour non stop. This summer they have a "Sweet 17" series where from July through December in the first week of each of those months they release 2 new songs. Amazing stuff and they've grown so much more mature as most young bands tend to do. By Xmas they will essentially have a complete album, 12 songs. How can you not love that, 2 new songs a month over half a year...!!

Date: October 5, 2017 22:52

jlowe
Oh I sometimes wish for the good old days when Record Companies gave the Artists DEADLINES to get the product out.Never harmed the quality!

Understandable. I'm sure many artists also long for the days when new releases shipped over a million copies in a single country and they could make a deal for $50 million to record a few albums over the next decade.

Date: October 5, 2017 22:56

terry
Didn't the new album sessions start late 2016, then mick and Keith spent a week
In a room together roundabout April this year according to rolling stone magazine.
Plus a few days recording in London this year.
And surly the no filter tour was named after this supposedly new studio album,
As that would make sense.
My feeling is there not happy with the songs, or are struggling to come up with anything decent, so they have put it on hold.
That's all I want now is this studio album just to wrapped things up nicely.
I was hoping to hear the new album before I die of old age lol
I'm doing my best to stay fit n healthy, but I can't last forever.

They started the sessions in December of 2015. They were working on cutting new material when Blue & Lonesome was unexpectedly born in a three day stretch. They then went back to working on new material in that 10 day - two week span in 2015.

They also worked a few other times on it **and yes Keith and Mick spent a week together working on it (closely as was reported) in one of those segments. Could of happened more but we know it took place at least once in that vane.. Keith talked about it.

I think they did about four stints in the studio total so far? (minimum). Don Was says they had been working on it in spurts. June was the last they worked on it together in London.

No filter was not named after the album .. that was a rumor. There is no idication we know of any kind of name and the album is not finished.. not nearly complete. Woody says they have like 12 songs or something to date (I am sure there are more but Im thinking 12 strong album worthy songs as I understand it).

The songs or some of them may be re-recorded or parts may be recut.. that is also very much a possibility according to Woody.

Album is far from done yet is my take .. although there has been ample work on it considering the last couple years bc they have been working this thing up or around in four or five segments is how I am getting it.

Georgelicks told us a long while ago they are in no rush to get the record out .. and that is becoming more and more evident and ringing true. He noted there is no urgency a long while ago (because they want it done right.. not just put out for times sake).

We had our hopes up a couple times and he noted then .. in so many words 'don't bet on it' because they are taking their time and are in no rush to move it along. It will come when they feel it's ready (this time). That is how I understand it.

Again he said they are in no rush this time on this particular record .. and guess what... they sho as heallllll ain't lol ! (HOPEFULLY the results wil pay off and I have a good feeling it will).

Ian

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-05 23:03 by IanBillen.

Date: October 5, 2017 23:03

And don't forget about the drama surrounding Gotta Getta Grip/England Lost...Keith refused to play on it!!!
That might have thrown a wrench into the entire process and set them back a few steps.confused smiley
New tour is going well for the most part, and hoping all their differences are set aside...as my dear old Grandma used to say "that's all water under the bridge"...
Time to move forward and make it happen!!! smiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7879808182838485868788...LastNext
Current Page: 83 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1731
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home