Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6768697071727374757677...LastNext
Current Page: 72 of 704
Re: Another Stones studio album in 2018
Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 26, 2017 22:27

Hairball
Maindefender
Hairball
Maindefender
Hairball
Maindefender
They could play any of Blue and Lonesome songs this Fall. And they should.....would be perfect on the mini stage...thumbs up

While the one or two songs they played at the Desert Trip/Vegas shows were indeed among the highlights (for me), it was mainly the diehards that had any interest.
A majority of the people - at least around me - seemed disinterested in blues covers. Even Mixed Emotions was received better by the general masses. Now that B&L is nearly a year old, would they bother to bore a majority of the crowd with blues covers? Probably not...better chance of them regurgitating Doom and Gloom again. Or maybe play another "deep cut" from their catalogue like they did with Mixed Emotions...eye rolling smiley. The hope of anything truly new being played seems a lost cause with the delay of the supposed new album.

Wasn't that before the album was released? It sold 2 million

Yeah you're right, but still wonder how many average Joe's will be clamoring to hear Ride 'em on Down or some other blues cover vs. all the traditional warhorses (or a "rarity" like Mixed Emotions).
I totally agree with your wish about playing blues covers on a mini stage, but don't think it would ever happen. If it were up to me, I'd say they should play the entire album in a small club.
At best they will play one song from Blue and Lonesome, and maybe a surprise such as another Beatles cover.

Play some Drake material then, apparently the average Joe has a better chance of recognizing it....maybe the Stones should play three Drake songs on the mini stage.

I meant the average Joe Stones fan who only know of the warhorses and who make up a majority of the attendance at Stones concerts.

And who force the Stones to play warhorses......ban them to Hell...hot smiley

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: July 26, 2017 22:32

Rocky Dijon
People are too busy holding their phones in the air

If there will be another live album (and sooner or later there will be one) the cover should be a stage hidden behind hundreds of cell phones held up ...

I find that so annoying, but what can you do.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 26, 2017 22:46

Snarf2014, that's not what I said. I said 2 million worldwide doesn't compare to 8 million copies of Adele's album in a single country or 4 million of Drake's latest album in a single country. Yes, there are less mega-hit albums overall these days. I don't really care if the Stones ranked no. 6 globally for the year (I suspect that number would be a bit lower if 2016 releases were tabulated today), 2 million copies worldwide (or 1.8 worldwide at the time of Nielsen's deadline) is hardly reflective of a mass audience eager to hear the material in concert or of tremendous awareness of the album. This isn't TATTOO YOU or SOME GIRLS by a long shot. It isn't even VOODOO LOUNGE or STEEL WHEELS. It's just a good showing when your expectations are significantly lowered, but it's hardly a spectacular success that made millions for the band or their label.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-26 22:46 by Rocky Dijon.

Date: July 31, 2017 15:31

frankotero
I mean we always expected our favorite bands to play the new stuff. That was exciting. Now it's all turned around and we're not suppose to expect anything but "the hits".

I'm totally with you here. We used to be disappointed when a band played too much of the same stuff as in the concert before, or too much stuff in the "radio versions", we used to be waiting for stuff you wouldn't hear easily otherwise. What made concerts interesting was also the fact that live, songs often sounded quite different from the studio versions.

For sure the whole business and scene has changed. Pink Floyd played Dark Side Of The Moon live long before the album came out. Impossible today. OK, Neil Young might still play unreleased songs sometimes.

Also, the bands grow older and we grow older. What spoiled a good deal of the fun in live shows, in my oppinion, was also when the bigger acts began to go mainstream, trying to produce 3-minute hit songs and just reproducing them on stage.

As for the Stones, it's nice to hear songs like Gimme Shelter live, especially if it's your first show or you never heard it live before. But after so-and-so many shows and years, something new wouldn't hurt. Also, new songs will never be live favourites if they are never played live.

My personal dream is a Stones show where they play *only* unreleased stuff (originals and covers) but that's never gonna happen.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 1, 2017 07:05

Wondering if any progress is being made with supposed new album...new tour starts in a little over a month.
Is it possible the Stones will have a new single to unleash before then?
Mick was able to surprise attack us all with Getta Grip/England Lost, so maybe something's already in the can?
Hearing Micks new solo tunes - while not bad - really only served to make me more anxious about a new Stones album.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: August 1, 2017 07:42

Hairball
Wondering if any progress is being made with supposed new album...new tour starts in a little over a month.
Is it possible the Stones will have a new single to unleash before then?
Mick was able to surprise attack us all with Getta Grip/England Lost, so maybe something's already in the can?
Hearing Micks new solo tunes - while not bad - really only served to make me more anxious about a new Stones album.

There will be no new single for The tour from The Stones and the album is not on plans to arrive until 2018. My guess is they will hit it after the tour or perhaps early in the year to finish it up.

I must be honest Mr. Hairball .. at this late stage (it's August basically) .. and especially after Mick already released something just recently ..

There will be nothing from the Stones studio wise for this tour and I would seriously not expect an album until sometime next year (Spring or early summer).

The good news is they are taking their time to hopefully get the best possible result.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 1, 2017 07:46

Yeah gettin' late for new album before this tour ...
They'll play a few from Blue & Lonesome

New album most likely next year when the play the UK ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: August 1, 2017 17:54

According to Keith interview, they could come back in the studio shortly...But it is impossible because in 20 days there will be rehearsals for upcoming tour...So I think that they'll come back in the studio in Jan./Feb.next year to mix and overdub and it will come out in May/June together a possible UK Tour...What are your opinion about it?!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 1, 2017 18:14

If you're referring to the latest "Ask Keith", that interview was filmed several months ago.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 1, 2017 21:36

"I've always loved writing on the upright!"

[twitter.com]

Date: August 1, 2017 22:14

Cristiano Radtke

[twitter.com]

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 1, 2017 22:18

DandelionPowderman
Cristiano Radtke

[twitter.com]

Ready to release two new songs like Mick Jagger did or is it for the new Stones album!!

Date: August 1, 2017 23:05

mtaylor
DandelionPowderman
Cristiano Radtke

[twitter.com]

Ready to release two new songs like Mick Jagger did or is it for the new Stones album!!

Three songs, and they're all dynamite! grinning smiley

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 2, 2017 00:10

Cristiano Radtke
mtaylor
DandelionPowderman
Cristiano Radtke

[twitter.com]

One More Shot version with Keith on vocal just to irritate Mick winking smiley

Date: August 2, 2017 00:47

mtaylor
Cristiano Radtke
mtaylor
DandelionPowderman
Cristiano Radtke

[twitter.com]

One More Shot version with Keith on vocal just to irritate Mick winking smiley

He has three dynamite piano riffs as well as three dynamite guitar riffs...sounds like a whole album to me!

winking smiley

Date: August 2, 2017 05:15

Cristiano Radtke

[twitter.com]

There's something poignant or bittersweet about this photo...Keith all alone at the piano while the rest of the boys are out celebrating the new single.
Hopefully he's writing something epic - sometimes creative greatness is the result of experiencing hard times.

Posted by: kuenzer ()
Date: August 2, 2017 22:19

Hairball
Hopefully he's writing something epic - sometimes creative greatness is the result of experiencing hard times.

In just a moment he will fall asleep while the tape is still running...

Incidentally, I've just re-listened to Doom and Gloom and to One More Shot, and
Keith Richards wins hands down.

Date: August 2, 2017 23:01

kuenzer
Hairball

In just a moment he will fall asleep while the tape is still running...

Incidentally, I've just re-listened to Doom and Gloom and to One More Shot, and
Keith Richards wins hands down.

Lol...based on his posture, he might be asleep already.
And at this moment, his antennae are absorbing epicness from the stratosphere. smiling smiley

Agree about One More Shot, but would really love to hear the untainted original version Keith recorded.
According to Steve Jordan, it's superior in every way.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 3, 2017 17:12

Hairball
Cristiano Radtke

[twitter.com]

There's something poignant or bittersweet about this photo...Keith all alone at the piano while the rest of the boys are out celebrating the new single.

Agreed, Come On Keef.. Release your version of One More Shot for us (please).
Jeroen

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: August 3, 2017 20:28

Wake up you lazy riffmaster!!!!!

Date: August 17, 2017 04:31

Any updates on the new album?!!!

It's been 13 days since anyone posted in this thread...confused smiley...

Is there anybody out there? IanBillen? georgelicks? Any other insiders?

Can't let our hopes be dashed....maybe the tour will reignite their ignition?

Date: August 17, 2017 04:37

“We’ve got some songs in the bag for the next Stones album”

Ronnie on his new book Ronnie Wood Artist and going back on tour with The Rolling Stones.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Date: August 17, 2017 04:41

DandelionPowderman
Cristiano Radtke

[twitter.com]

Look at that freakin' set-up. He better write something from all that. I bet he walks in, drops that black leather bag, and his brim on the floor. There is a table set up right there for his cup and his Marlboros. Vintage guitars, re-strung, in tune, vinatge amps - all miked and ready to go. Vocal mikes everywhere; great old piano - and now it is time to write some songs, Count Z.

btw that is an Echoplex sitting on top of the Ampeg right?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-17 04:55 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Date: August 17, 2017 04:47

Cristiano Radtke

Ronnie on his new book Ronnie Wood Artist and going back on tour with The Rolling Stones.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Good to hear...thanks Cristiano and Ronnie! thumbs up

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: August 17, 2017 07:08

Hairball
Any updates on the new album?!!!

LOL

Good one, HB!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 17, 2017 08:25

Cristiano Radtke

[www.bbc.co.uk]

I'm in for the next release, I'll get 2 or 3 vinyl copies, a couple of cds, of course any cd/vinyl singles, the inevitable release 3 months later with 'extra' tracks, the blu ray audio...they've got me for another 500 for sure.

Date: August 18, 2017 00:56

Cristiano Radtke

It's good they have some songs in the bag. It would be better if those songs were also in the can ...

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: August 18, 2017 01:35

Well, it is a bit obvious now but the album won't be released until sometime in 2018, they are still not feeling 100% confident with the results so far and more work is required to get it done right.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 18, 2017 02:33

georgelicks
Well, it is a bit obvious now but the album won't be released until sometime in 2018, they are still not feeling 100% confident with the results so far and more work is required to get it done right.

Thanks Georgelicks

"I'm in no hurry I can take my time". thumbs up

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 18, 2017 02:44

Palace Revolution 2000

btw that is an Echoplex sitting on top of the Ampeg right?

Fulltone tube tape echo.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6768697071727374757677...LastNext
Current Page: 72 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1784
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home