Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5354555657585960616263...LastNext
Current Page: 58 of 704
Re: Another album in 2017 ?
Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: July 2, 2017 11:48

LORENZ
''Reading this thread is basically just sorting through every post as fast as possible to see if georgelicks has added something''.

Thank's.sad smiley
Some of us put in a lot of effort with our comments.
Georgelicks had contradicted himself a few times. That kind of covers himself.

Truth be told not even the Stones themselves know this album's release date, its too early to say, so some of us are having a chat, isn't that what this place is about. A forum for Stones fans to discuss, not just a place the Daily Mail visit for facts that are wrong lol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-02 12:00 by stone4ever.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 2, 2017 12:08

stone4ever
LORENZ
''Reading this thread is basically just sorting through every post as fast as possible to see if georgelicks has added something''.

Thank's.sad smiley

Truth be told not even the Stones themselves know this album's release date, its too early to say, so some of us are having a chat, isn't that what this place is about. A forum for Stones fans to discuss, not just a place the Daily Mail visit for facts that are wrong lol.

I agree with Lorenz.
This thread concerns the new album..not Crosseyed Heart or other topics.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-02 12:10 by KRiffhard.

Date: July 2, 2017 12:27

KRiffhard
stone4ever
LORENZ

Thank's.sad smiley

I agree with Lorenz.
This thread concerns the new album..not Crosseyed Heart or other topics.

If only everything in life was as black and white as that.
Talking about an album that we haven't even heard yet is going to lend itself to discussions about what it might be like. Will it be like Crosseyed Heart or Bridges To Babylon.
Come on man use your imagination, of course conversations are going to stray from the album that hasn't arrived yet.
What a creep

Date: July 2, 2017 14:52

bv
Please keep the discussion here ON TOPIC. If you want to discuss other albums, please use other threads. This thread is about the new studio album not out yet.

thumbs up

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: July 2, 2017 15:05

I don't mind the discussion actually, it's how it always is here. It just wanted to express how eager I am for real news on the topic grinning smiley

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: July 2, 2017 15:09

"When they wrapped up A BIGGER BANG in 2007, even Chuck believed they would never again play "Gimme Shelter" because Keith's fingers just couldn't take the abuse"

This sounds like the biggest line of fake news i've ever heard.....Gimme Shelter is one of the easiest songs to play in their catalog. Not sure where the poster found it but it's nonsense.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 2, 2017 15:20

KRiffhard
Hairball
KRiffhard

"They were experimenting in the studio earlier this year, and everything just gelled. They ended up with around 15 tracks which they have cut down to album-length, and when the label execs heard it they were thrilled"

Quite different than what georgelicks said just last week:

"The band is still working on the album, at least 12 new songs were recorded during the past 18 months but it looks as some of the material lacks 'focus on it',
people at Universal talked about some good stuff and some uneven songs. There's no pressure at all to get the thing ready and done yet, maybe we can get a new single released
during the early fall, that's the rumour in Universal. Today, June 23, chances for the album released this year is 70/30 NO, it was 50/50 in April so we can do the maths..."

I put more weight in what georgelicks has to say than whatever the Daily Mail has to say which is usually 10% fact and 90% fantasy.
The only sentence that might be true in from the Daily Mail is "They were experimenting in the studio earlier this year", but with their track record you have to even question that.

I hope it's true that "people at Universal" are 'thrilled' about new songs!
Heinz call your sources!

Daily Mail is blah, blah - they also write "And their latest tour, which begins in Hamburg in September, sold out in minutes." even if lots of tickets are left to sell!!

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: July 2, 2017 15:23

I think Gimme Shelter on guitar is not easy to play.

You got me Rocking, Satisfaction and IORR is more simple to play!

Date: July 2, 2017 16:32

Lorenz
I don't mind the discussion actually, it's how it always is here. It just wanted to express how eager I am for real news on the topic grinning smiley

I understand that for sure. Its just that without any factual news we tend to build up to it slowly. Like the build up to the FA cup final or the World Series final in America. Its just a nice buzzing of chatter anticipating the New Album.
I'm sure BV doesn't mind as long as we stay on topic. Crosseyed Heart was technically the last album of original songs from a Stone so its comparable, and seeing as the album hasn't even had a release date yet, its a bit of harmless banter that to my mind is still on topic. We are not talking about another band, this is the Stones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-02 16:43 by stone4ever.

Date: July 2, 2017 17:00

two4fun111
"When they wrapped up A BIGGER BANG in 2007, even Chuck believed they would never again play "Gimme Shelter" because Keith's fingers just couldn't take the abuse"

This sounds like the biggest line of fake news i've ever heard.....Gimme Shelter is one of the easiest songs to play in their catalog. Not sure where the poster found it but it's nonsense.

I've never heard Chuck say such a thing. Lisa, however, said that she most likely wouldn't sing GS again.

I remember Chuck saying that Keith was ready to rock in 2012, when he was asked about Keith's shape.

After 1997, I don't think Chuck would dare saying anything remotely negative about the Stones again.

Date: July 2, 2017 17:18

DandelionPowderman
two4fun111

I've never heard Chuck say such a thing. Lisa, however, said that she most likely wouldn't sing GS again.

I remember Chuck saying that Keith was ready to rock in 2012, when he was asked about Keith's shape.

After 1997, I don't think Chuck would dare saying anything remotely negative about the Stones again.

Correct. Chuck wouldn't dare say that winking smiley

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: July 2, 2017 17:31

Hairball
You almost sound like Nostradamus Ian with clear visions of the future!
Can you tell us if Keith will be singing any lead vocals on this new album? smiling smiley

Lol I know... it was part hope.. part intuition .. but nothing of it was based on anything factual I heard from any sources .. that I must make clear.

It was all a guess.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 2, 2017 19:53

stone4ever
Lorenz

I understand that for sure. Its just that without any factual news we tend to build up to it slowly. Like the build up to the FA cup final or the World Series final in America. Its just a nice buzzing of chatter anticipating the New Album.
I'm sure BV doesn't mind as long as we stay on topic. Crosseyed Heart was technically the last album of original songs from a Stone so its comparable, and seeing as the album hasn't even had a release date yet, its a bit of harmless banter that to my mind is still on topic. We are not talking about another band, this is the Stones.

Agreed. thumbs up
And what's the alternative to some harmless banter and speculation...we all wait silently in a dark cave for a glimpse of some light to appear?
Or just leave this thread completely dead until georgelicks occasionally chimes in with some more "inside" information?
We do have Ian here to always cheer things up with the positive vibes, but everything he says is based on hope rather than fact, ie speculation.

We're all eager for tidbits of info., but until anything factual is etched in Stone, no harm in keeping the thread alive as long as it relates to the new album.

So back on topic - rumoured album titles so far:

"Hit The Wall"
"Supposed New Album"
"No Filter"

Did I miss any?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 2, 2017 20:00

stone4ever
DandelionPowderman
two4fun111

Correct. Chuck wouldn't dare say that winking smiley

Now Chuck is Stones' Musical Director.winking smiley

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: July 2, 2017 20:06

Hairball
georgelicks
Hairball
KRiffhard

"They were experimenting in the studio earlier this year, and everything just gelled. They ended up with around 15 tracks which they have cut down to album-length, and when the label execs heard it they were thrilled"

"The band is still working on the album, at least 12 new songs were recorded during the past 18 months but it looks as some of the material lacks 'focus on it',
people at Universal talked about some good stuff and some uneven songs. There's no pressure at all to get the thing ready and done yet, maybe we can get a new single released
during the early fall, that's the rumour in Universal. Today, June 23, chances for the album released this year is 70/30 NO, it was 50/50 in April so we can do the maths..."

I put more weight in what georgelicks has to say than whatever the Daily Mail has to say which is usually 10% fact and 90% fantasy.
The only sentence that might be true in from the Daily Mail is "They were experimenting in the studio earlier this year", but with their track record you have to even question that.

Key people at Universal was surprised with the new stuff, some great songs, classic Stones and all that but also some rare stuff, not typical Rolling Stones material, rare, experimental songs. "Weird beats" was the word.
From inside information, we can expect an updated "Bridges To Babylon" type record.

So when you originally said the Universal people thought some of the songs "lacked focus" and were "uneven",
they were really just saying that along with some classic great sounding Stones songs, there's some "weird beats", "rare stuff", and "experimental songs"?
Or is the latter something new they came up with since saying that some of the new work "lacked focus" and was "uneven"?
Whatever the case, sounds a bit more optimistic what you've posted now compared to what you posted last week.

And since things seem fluid, have the chances for the album to be released this year changed from 70/30 as you posted June 23?

There's no much leaked info, the Stones are a high profile band and their info is very hard to get, only people up on Universal is informed and, sometimes, some of this info is leaked to lower levels.

I'm told that key people at Universal (not more than 8-10 guys) hold a meeting about 10-15 days ago on New York with some band member (Mick we can suppose), they talked about the album and rough mixes of more than a dozen of new songs were played there.

There's not more than that, rumors vary from half classic Stones, half experimental stuff, some unexpected rhytm styles, assorted styles.

The album is not even finished or mixed, remaining overdubs needed to complete it.

Last year, B&L was ready to go by late April/early May, overdubed and mixed, yet it was released almost 9 months later, Mick even wanted to release it together with the new album, so as we see he has no rush at all, if he's ready to wait 15-20 months to release an album of covers, then he will not lose any sleep if this new album is released in May-June 2018.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 2, 2017 20:36

georgelicks
Hairball
georgelicks
Hairball
KRiffhard

Key people at Universal was surprised with the new stuff, some great songs, classic Stones and all that but also some rare stuff, not typical Rolling Stones material, rare, experimental songs. "Weird beats" was the word.
From inside information, we can expect an updated "Bridges To Babylon" type record.

So when you originally said the Universal people thought some of the songs "lacked focus" and were "uneven",
they were really just saying that along with some classic great sounding Stones songs, there's some "weird beats", "rare stuff", and "experimental songs"?
Or is the latter something new they came up with since saying that some of the new work "lacked focus" and was "uneven"?
Whatever the case, sounds a bit more optimistic what you've posted now compared to what you posted last week.

And since things seem fluid, have the chances for the album to be released this year changed from 70/30 as you posted June 23?

There's no much leaked info, the Stones are a high profile band and their info is very hard to get, only people up on Universal is informed and, sometimes, some of this info is leaked to lower levels.

I'm told that key people at Universal (not more than 8-10 guys) hold a meeting about 10-15 days ago on New York with some band member (Mick we can suppose), they talked about the album and rough mixes of more than a dozen of new songs were played there.

There's not more than that, rumors vary from half classic Stones, half experimental stuff, some unexpected rhytm styles, assorted styles.

The album is not even finished or mixed, remaining overdubs needed to complete it.

Last year, B&L was ready to go by late April/early May, overdubed and mixed, yet it was released almost 9 months later, Mick even wanted to release it together with the new album, so as we see he has no rush at all, if he's ready to wait 15-20 months to release an album of covers, then he will not lose any sleep if this new album is released in May-June 2018.

Thanks georgelicks - could be awhile for any new album, but I think you (or someone) had mentioned the possibility a single release before or during the tour.
That would make sense to give the tour something fresh, and might also prevent some of the anxious fans from banging down their doors for the new album!

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: July 2, 2017 22:44

DandelionPowderman
What happened in 1997?

Date: July 2, 2017 23:17

StonedRambler
DandelionPowderman
What happened in 1997?

He gave an interview where he claimed to be the Stones's musical director etc. When they recorded B2B he wasn't invited.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: July 2, 2017 23:46

DandelionPowderman
StonedRambler
DandelionPowderman
What happened in 1997?

He gave an interview where he claimed to be the Stones's musical director etc. When they recorded B2B he wasn't invited.

Weirdly, that's one of the things I admire about the Glimmers -- their ruthless devotion to the brand, er, I mean, band.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 2, 2017 23:51

So since so many kind friends have labeled my remark "fake news" I took the time to dig through the search function until I found the remark in question.

Re: OT: The Return of Lisa Fischer
Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: September 19, 2010 17:52

I asked CL if they could play "Gimme Shelter" once. This was at the European Tour opening in Brussels, and he was on his way to see MJ, to discuss the set list for the opening show. (We had rooms in the same hotel corridor. Yes, Stones security looked well after us all!) He said: No, we are never going to do "Gimme Shelter" again, I'm sorry.
He did not go into details about why, but coming from the band leader, I knew he would never make that up. They're all aware how much this song means to a lot of us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-03 00:06 by Rocky Dijon.

Date: July 3, 2017 00:08

Rocky Dijon
So since so many kind friends have labeled my remark "fake news" I took the time to dig through the search function until I found the remark in question.

Re: OT: The Return of Lisa Fischer
Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: September 19, 2010 17:52

I asked CL if they could play "Gimme Shelter" once. This was at the European Tour opening in Brussels, and he was on his way to see MJ, to discuss the set list for the opening show. (We had rooms in the same hotel corridor. Yes, Stones security looked well after us all!) He said: No, we are never going to do "Gimme Shelter" again, I'm sorry.
He did not go into details about why, but coming from the band leader, I knew he would never make that up. They're all aware how much this song means to a lot of us.

Greatly enjoyed taking the time to sort through 10 year old posts until I found this. Always nice to deal with the bullshite that tells you you're at IORR. F*ck you very much as others wisely say.

I know that feeling only too well Rocky.
I'm one of those people that if i hear something or read it, its recorded in my mind forever. Things that go way back to before the internet, things i cant prove but i know them to be true. So when these chumps on here constantly question just about everything i say it makes me feel like giving in to be honest.
Just too many creeps to deal with, they go out of their way to pick you up on something rather than join in and make some conversation and give some light to things. Needless to say i will just pop in now and then from now on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-03 12:08 by stone4ever.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: July 3, 2017 13:28

Too much "supposed"; but it's fun if at the end we get a brand new Rolling Stones album

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 3, 2017 17:17

two4fun111

Well, regardless, you think playing those chords with arthritis is easy? Either you don't know what you're talking about or you don't play it correctly.

Date: July 3, 2017 17:45

Maindefender
Deathgod
Just heard from a mate that new LIVE comp album before Xmas and new album next year

I could dig that...

I saw that somewhere. What the hell? That could be interpreted as 'tracks from GET YER YA-YA'S OUT!, LOVE YOU LIVE, STILL LIFE, FLASHPOINT, NO SECURITY, LIVE LICKS and SHINE A LIGHT', which could be interesting to a point but in no way is necessary nor is another live album necessary.

Date: July 3, 2017 17:52

georgelicks
Hairball
KRiffhard

That probably means it's trendy or "modern", which, going by BTB, is behind the times. Or maybe it means it will have 3 or 4 Keith songs on it or it will have 2 really bad ballads, a few really awful ideas and... a couple of rockers.

Re: Another album in 2017?
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 3, 2017 17:55

GasLightStreet
Deathgod
Just heard from a mate that new LIVE comp album before Xmas and new album next year
I saw that somewhere.

In this thread, a few posts after that one. Story's from the Daily Mail.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 3, 2017 18:19

What intrigues me about this album is that the process seems different. Usually it's Mick and Keith for a few weeks, and then bring it to the others. This time they're letting it marinate a lot it seems. Perhaps we're in for a treat.

Oh and they MUST do a Berry cover on it. Please! Let's have a 10 song album end with Bye Bye Johnny or something like that. If it's the last album, there's no other way to go out than with a Berry cover that makes them go full circle.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: July 3, 2017 18:44

Want to thank georgelicks for his input about what he hears from his insiders. We will hear the album sooner or later. Be prepared for the usual pre-hype that's it's the best thing they done since Exile.

Date: July 3, 2017 18:53

Bashlets
Want to thank georgelicks for his input about what he hears from his insiders. We will hear the album sooner or later. Be prepared for the usual pre-hype that's it's the best thing they done since Exile.

thumbs up
...or the best album since Some Girls/Tattoo You!

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: July 3, 2017 19:22

Thanks georgelicks, you give us hope. And make me feel happy

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5354555657585960616263...LastNext
Current Page: 58 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1924
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home