Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 704
Re: Another album in 2017 ?
Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: June 4, 2017 23:20

hopkins
It'll come out before the tour. Just asked the high frequency gypsy in the hood. Hard to make out the words sometimes, a lot of mumbling, drooling, spit and fire...seemed pretty sure about it tho.
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it...

[media2.giphy.com]

this from May 9 on this thread; only a month back but i'm still holding that line. never doubted. well i did for awhile but not these last few months...we'll see soon eh?
gawd now i'm respponding to my own posts. eye rolling smiley
drinking smiley

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 4, 2017 23:58

Rokyfan
Maindefender
Monsoon Ragoon
I hope it is going to be BETTER than Crosseyed Heart.

It's been a great 5 year period for the band and us with a watershed album to boot.

Indeed a watershed. Surely their best since Exile

Sure sure ...... eye rolling smiley

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: June 5, 2017 00:20

hopkins
hopkins
It'll come out before the tour. Just asked the high frequency gypsy in the hood. Hard to make out the words sometimes, a lot of mumbling, drooling, spit and fire...seemed pretty sure about it tho.
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it...

[media2.giphy.com]

this from May 9 on this thread; only a month back but i'm still holding that line. never doubted. well i did for awhile but not these last few months...we'll see soon eh?
gawd now i'm respponding to my own posts. eye rolling smiley
drinking smiley

thumbs up
Nothing wrong with quoting and responding your own post Hopkins.
It's good to pull things together and put it all in perspective in this case.

2017:
- Early september: NEW ALBUM "NO FILTER".

- September 9 : EUROPEAN TOUR starts in Hamburg.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- NO FILTER Sessions:

- British Grove Studios, London, dec. 2015:

- Drive Me Too Hard (maybe a workingtitle)
- Get Out Of My Way (maybe a workingtitle)

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: June 5, 2017 04:17

bv
I do know for a fact they have been working with the new studio album recently. Recordings are just as good as rehearsals. If everything is going well then "NO FILTER" will have more than one meaning later this year.

Thanks so much for the insight. There is one line here I (and possibly others here) don't understand? "Recordings are just as good as rehearsals" ...? Do you mean the recording sessions have been going well or are you saying the stuff they record in the studio will be good enough as a rehearsal in playing the new material for the upcoming tour or .. ? (scratching my head) ... Still not sure what that line means?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-05 04:18 by IanBillen.

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: June 5, 2017 04:44

I like to think this tour and possible album is named after me.

[www.non-filters.com]

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: June 5, 2017 07:58

nonfilter
I like to think this tour and possible album is named after me.

[www.non-filters.com]

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 5, 2017 13:38

Great news, wonder why they didn't mention the new album when the tickets went on sale...they weren't sure they could finish it on time ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: June 5, 2017 14:09

I think that may still be the case,but it's looking promising. "No Filter" is a very "Mick" album title.

sc uk

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: June 5, 2017 15:19

gotdablouse
Great news, wonder why they didn't mention the new album when the tickets went on sale...they weren't sure they could finish it on time ?
I can understand that 12 years is a little bit short to give the last touch to an album >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 5, 2017 16:12

"If" has not become "when" at least not when I read Bjornulf's post.

Date: June 5, 2017 17:19

Hairball
IanBillen
Hairball
As with the delayed tour, it's possible things might have been sidetracked due to Ronnie's health issues.
Just speculating, but seems logical.

Possibly but how would they even know he had a lesion if it was not cancerous .. and from the sound of things.. harmless?

In other words.. if it was just a lesion .. how much of an issue could it of been?
You wouldn't think he would be getting any symptoms? However .. they spotted it some how .. ...

I am not a Doctor, and cannot answer all of these questions.

You can answer any question ya want.. but it doesn't mean the answer you give will be accurate .. ha grinning smiley

Date: June 5, 2017 17:24

Rocky Dijon

Not yet BUT .. it's a big step closer to it.

I still have no idea what 'Recordings are as good as rehearsals means' in the message he gave us. Can anyone shed some light on exactly what he means by that?

Date: June 5, 2017 17:43

IanBillen
Rocky Dijon

I still have no idea what 'Recordings are as good as rehearsals means' in the message he gave us. Can anyone shed some light on exactly what he means by that?

Not really a big step closer. It's not really any different than anything we've heard before. They're working on an album sporadically with a view to finishing it. That status hasn't changed. We expected them back in the studio in June and they are.

As for whether anyone can shed light on what Bjornulf meant by "recordings are as good as rehearsals," I suspect he meant recording or rehearsing means they're playing together and have their chops. Of course, I can answer any question I want, it doesn't mean the answer will be correct as a wise man once said.

Date: June 5, 2017 18:27

Rocky Dijon
IanBillen
Rocky Dijon

Not really a big step closer. It's not really any different than anything we've heard before. They're working on an album sporadically with a view to finishing it. That status hasn't changed. We expected them back in the studio in June and they are.

As for whether anyone can shed light on what Bjornulf meant by "recordings are as good as rehearsals," I suspect he meant recording or rehearsing means they're playing together and have their chops. Of course, I can answer any question I want, it doesn't mean the answer will be correct as a wise man once said.

Oh I get it.. BV meant their recordings are solid .. ready ..like the songs and band got em down! .. Thanks.. I read that now.

Yes Mr. Rocky Sa .. it has gotten closer... it has changed .. by what BV said. There is a tentative projected Time Frame of release Mr. Man (this early autumn). Before the last day or two nobody knew when they were going to release it .. many speculated some time probably next year possibly. Many speculated they were at odds and couldnt agree on the material itself .. and attributed to that as why it had no release time frame or why we haven't heard anything about it recently.

As well he said recordings are going great in so many words and they most likely are looking to release it with, in, or around the No Filter tour ..

I think to all of us that means there is something starting to build more concrete in terms of a release time frame and the album is coming closer in it having a completion / release time frame (that is the first we heard of that part since they started the new material in December of 2015).. Wouldn't ya agree?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-05 18:31 by IanBillen.

Posted by: django ()
Date: June 5, 2017 18:40

bv
I do know for a fact they have been working with the new studio album recently. Recordings are just as good as rehearsals. If everything is going well then "NO FILTER" will have more than one meaning later this year.

Great news indeed. But no B in the title? I'm disappointed!

I mean they should continue with the series:

Bridges to Babylon
A Bigger Bang
Blue & Lonesome

... No Filter
No ... Filter
No Filter ...

confused smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 5, 2017 19:15

django
bv

Bridges to Babylon
A Bigger Bang
Blue & Lonesome

... No Filter
No ... Filter
No Filter ...

confused smiley

Or at least add a B to the title somewhere...

Nob Filter

Many different meanings and interpretations - might have been a better choice.winking smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 5, 2017 20:36

ouroux58
gotdablouse
I can understand that 12 years is a little bit short to give the last touch to an album >grinning smiley<

Well at least this time they decided not to add any "pressure" like they did in 1989 or 2005 by announcing a tour before the album was finished (VL was pretty much done in 1994). I suppose that selling out venues at outrageous prices (except possibly Paris 2014) without any new material since 2012 helped with the decision process as well as having B&L as some sort of "backup". Bottom line is that they'll only release it with the tour if their entourage says it's their best since Exile ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 5, 2017 20:42

an unfiltered Jagger would be great...he's admitted he couldn't write the words to Brown Sugar in this age.....too bad...that's what people want from this band...authenticity....last record proved that.

Date: June 5, 2017 22:36

IanBillen
bv

Thanks so much for the insight. There is one line here I (and possibly others here) don't understand? "Recordings are just as good as rehearsals" ...? Do you mean the recording sessions have been going well or are you saying the stuff they record in the studio will be good enough as a rehearsal in playing the new material for the upcoming tour or .. ? (scratching my head) ... Still not sure what that line means?

I think he means that playing the new songs live in the studio multiple times is just as good as regular rehearsals. They might have the songs down for the tour..

Date: June 5, 2017 22:50

IanBillen
Oh I get it.. BV meant their recordings are solid .. ready ..like the songs and band got em down! .. Thanks.. I read that now.

Yes Mr. Rocky Sa .. it has gotten closer... it has changed .. by what BV said. There is a tentative projected Time Frame of release Mr. Man (this early autumn). Before the last day or two nobody knew when they were going to release it .. many speculated some time probably next year possibly. Many speculated they were at odds and couldnt agree on the material itself .. and attributed to that as why it had no release time frame or why we haven't heard anything about it recently.

As well he said recordings are going great in so many words and they most likely are looking to release it with, in, or around the No Filter tour ..

I think to all of us that means there is something starting to build more concrete in terms of a release time frame and the album is coming closer in it having a completion / release time frame (that is the first we heard of that part since they started the new material in December of 2015).. Wouldn't ya agree?

No, I guess I don't agree. Not trying to be a naysayer. I thought Bjornulf's only nugget of information was IF the new album is ready LATER THIS YEAR, it MIGHT share the same title as the European tour. That strikes me as peculiar since the tour has been announced already with all the requisite links and then the album if ready will be called the same thing seems like an afterthought. That said, the info about recordings - they're back in the studio in June and hope to release it later this year IF all goes well - is the same information Soldatti had from his source at Universal. That's been the plan. All the rest of it is speculation whether saying it's scrapped or whether saying it's coming in September or October. The only interesting bit is the Sympathy for the Devils site whose source told them the album wasn't something to discuss at present. That seems right given they announced the tour dates and name with no mention of the album. Now it seems they're making another stab at getting it together this year. We'll see. Christmas still seems the most likely release date. Just my opinion, of course.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-05 22:51 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: June 5, 2017 23:11

The album is in the can but first Keith has to check with Paul McCartney so they don't release their record at the same time.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: June 5, 2017 23:47

Maybe it's stripped down and they cut the basic tracks live for spontinaity almost like B & L

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: June 6, 2017 00:24

Hairball
django
bv

Bridges to Babylon
A Bigger Bang
Blue & Lonesome

... No Filter
No ... Filter
No Filter ...

confused smiley

Or at least add a B to the title somewhere...

Nob Filter

Many different meanings and interpretations - might have been a better choice.winking smiley
Biff @#$%& (On The Nose)

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: June 6, 2017 00:56

It could comes out in December with a couple of singles in the Tour setlist...It should be a good promotion!

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: June 6, 2017 01:05

wonderboy
The album is in the can but first Keith has to check with Paul McCartney so they don't release their record at the same time.

heh.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: June 6, 2017 01:31

The album is not done yet but the band will work on it during this month, is not included on Universal's schedule for the summer so no word for a ready to go product until October as early.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: June 6, 2017 01:38

So, at this point December could be fine with a couple of singles ready for the Tour!

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: June 6, 2017 02:38

They actually did social media really good for BLUE AND LONESOME by teasing us and releasing JUST YOUR FOOL, HATE TO SEE U GO, and RIDE EM ON DOWN before the album came out. In the USA it got virtually no airplay and was still in the top ten for 3 weeks. I say follow same pattern. Play some tracks live on the tour and unleash it in DEcember. Why wait to 2018? The success of B&L can only help at this point.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 6, 2017 04:13

Bashlets
They actually did social media really good for BLUE AND LONESOME by teasing us and releasing JUST YOUR FOOL, HATE TO SEE U GO, and RIDE EM ON DOWN before the album came out. In the USA it got virtually no airplay and was still in the top ten for 3 weeks. I say follow same pattern. Play some tracks live on the tour and unleash it in DEcember. Why wait to 2018? The success of B&L can only help at this point.

The same teasing process of releasing a few tunes prior to official release was also done with Crosseyed Heart. So along with the minimal production of CH, that's another precedent set by Keith which resurfaced with Blue and Lonesome. They're all linked together through the process of evolution, and sometimes improvements are made, sometimes not. Hoping they can continue evolving in the right direction this time, and we'll be gifted with a fine new Stones album. thumbs up

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 6, 2017 05:28

Rocky Dijon
IanBillen
Rocky Dijon

Yeah, he simply meant that going into the recording studio serves just as well as their traditional rehearsals for warming up for the tour.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1799
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home