Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 704
Re: Another album in 2017 ?
Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 26, 2017 21:20

Kurt
This thread just keeps getting more depressing. SAD SAD SAD.
Seriously, have we all been sorted neatly into the Mick v. Keith camps yet?

@#$%& Hell.

Is anyone really so narrow-minded to believe that "three killer songs" actually EXIST from Keith and that Mick REFUSES to work on them?

Is anyone really so narrow-minded to believe that Mick has written "40 songs" that Keith HAS TO PLAY ON OR ELSE?

Take a step back, people.
I do so hope that the FOUR of them are healthy.

I don't know about he health thing, but you are correct about the thread. 28 pages of people attempting to construct facts from snippets of throwaway conversations, completely forgetting that, for decades, there is no relationship between what the various Stones say in public as far as recordings and what actually transpires. (it's called public relations).

The only thing anyone can say for sure is if in the future they ever come up with a bunch of recorded songs they want to release, then there will be a new album. The rest is speculation

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 26, 2017 22:21

johnh
video: [www.youtube.com]Charlie Watts interviw

Charlie seemed not to know that Blue & Lonesome was also up for nomination....confused smileyconfused smiley

I hope he had a couple cocktails before this interview....

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 26, 2017 22:28

Maindefender
johnh

Charlie seemed not to know that Blue & Lonesome was also up for nomination....confused smileyconfused smiley

Appeared to me that he initially thought the interviewer was congratulating him on winning the B&L award.. which I'm sure they knew they were likely to but wasn't awarded yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-26 22:28 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 26, 2017 22:34

Hairball
There were eight long years between Bridges and A Bigger Bang, and while I don't know how, when, or where ABB was all recorded, the results left a bit to be deisred imo. So now we're at the 12 year mark since ABB and nothing original released yet. Will all this extra time guarantee an album? I hope so. Will it guarantee a great album? Hard to predict. While I'm hopeful it will be great, based on the eight years it took to put ABB together and the final results, it's hard to be optimistic. But coming after the success of B&L covers (sales wise), maybe they can get their priorities in order and put their differences aside, and it will push them towards something great. Only time will tell....

Oh you Doubting Thomas, shame on you!smoking smiley

As our moderator says that it is going to be "great" and as Don Was just said of them being "the most hard-working and talented musicians to ever step in front of a microphone”, all I can do at the moment is to enrich my English vocabulary to be ready to describe the upcoming album with enough accurate superlatives...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Date: April 26, 2017 22:55

MisterDDDD
Maindefender
johnh

Appeared to me that he initially thought the interviewer was congratulating him on winning the B&L award.. which I'm sure they knew they were likely to but wasn't awarded yet.

Could be

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 7, 2017 02:25

You know what I thought about today/remembered
somewhere in this thread is a picture of the RS in the studio
and we copped 2 titles of new songs
one was (pretty sure! no patience to find that pic!)

'Get Off My Back'

Ohh can't wait do you think Mick's going to sneer
leave me the F alone
or is it Keith
LOL
BRING IT RS!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 7, 2017 02:30

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 7, 2017 02:30

Pretty sure it was "Get Out of My Way" and I believe the other title was "Driving Me Too Hard."

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 7, 2017 02:38

I could of sworn it was 'Get Off My Back'
LOL
I crack myself up (or am cracking up)
Thanks for the pic
Hope the boys are in the studio feeling crazy too cool smiley

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 7, 2017 03:06

Dec. 11, 2015
British Grove Studios, London:

1. DRIVE ME TOO HARD
2. GET OUT OF MY WAY
............................... (producer Don Was: "We Hit The Wall")

.......Keith had informed Ronnie to learn/play Blue and Lonesome.......

Poor old Mick knew nothing about it, but...........SURPRISE!

3. BLUE & LONESOME
4. HATE TO SEE YOU GO
................................................drinking smiley thumbs up

IT'S ONLY PLANNED (but I Like It) smileys with beer

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: May 7, 2017 03:58

No really ...they hit the wall with those two songs ... They hit the wall so much with them they actually had them on the list next to the Blue & Lonsesome somgs to record them .. ... grinning smiley

FORGET THE HIT THE WALL THING PEOPLE .. i- yi- yi (was no big deal folks smh lol).

Date: May 7, 2017 04:40

IanBillen
No really ...they hit the wall with those two songs ... They hit the wall so much with them they actually had them on the list next to the Blue & Lonsesome somgs to record them .. ... grinning smiley

FORGET THE HIT THE WALL THING PEOPLE .. i- yi- yi (was no big deal folks smh lol).

Oh no, they hit the wall with those 40 Mick Jagger demos - because they are total crap as anyone - at last here - can know without hearing any of them (or without any who might even heard them, be it Was or Richards, actually claiming that) and they've been that since Jagger dared to suggest to them record crap he had composed like "Sympathy For The Devil", "You Can't Always Get What You Want", or "Brown Sugar", since, in the end, it is Mick Jagger (equal total crap) you know.. - and most likely they will never ever touch any of them again, and a brand new Rolling Stones will be totally free of any shit like that. Let's have Keith and his ace-holder Ronnie calling the shots again and we finally have an equavalent to "Gimme Shelter" and LET IT BLEED... or at least DIRTY WORK...

Seriously, people suggesting anything of any music never heard by anyone here is a bit.... hmmm...grinning smiley

But of course, since Keith Richards has said something to the effect that he has some three dynamite riffs and is not eager in some odd cirmustances to record some "profilic" Jagger songs that, we can imply rather easily how all that music mentioned sounds like... The gospel of Richards, open to any (mis-)representations of his true followers... Nothing is easier to interpret and predict in the Stones world than the logic and actions of "Keithettes" (bless their hearts)...

- Doxa

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-07 05:16 by Doxa.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 7, 2017 05:01

IanBillen

winking smiley

Date: May 7, 2017 05:10

But I need to say that Keith Richards is a loyal Rolling Stone if anyone ever is. He didn't use any of those "dynamite riffs" in his solo album but saved them for the Stones. He was so loyal that seemingly kept all that dynamite - I can not hear there any of that - hidden in CROSSEYED HEART in order to, I can only guess, to explode the world with the next Stones album.

I am so full of expectations for the next Stones album. I am eager to blow my mind with those three dynamite riffs. Since "Start Me Up" I have waited that day to come. Of course I trust Keef's word here.

Or is the new Stones album: (40x"Doom&Gloom" + 3x"One More Shot")/3?eye popping smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-07 05:17 by Doxa.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: May 7, 2017 07:17

Hairball
IanBillen

winking smiley

Ouch ...That looks painful >> perhaps folks are ..."hitting their heads against the wall" in seeing us decipher and debate all this over... and over... and over ... and over ...and ... well.. you get the point grinning smiley

Ian

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: May 7, 2017 08:47

Doxa
But I need to say that Keith Richards is a loyal Rolling Stone if anyone ever is. He didn't use any of those "dynamite riffs" in his solo album but saved them for the Stones. He was so loyal that seemingly kept all that dynamite - I can not hear there any of that - hidden in CROSSEYED HEART in order to, I can only guess, to explode the world with the next Stones album.

I am so full of expectations for the next Stones album. I am eager to blow my mind with those three dynamite riffs. Since "Start Me Up" I have waited that day to come. Of course I trust Keef's word here.

Or is the new Stones album: (40x"Doom&Gloom" + 3x"One More Shot")/3?eye popping smiley

...or poor songs like 'Drive of Shame'?

- Doxa

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: May 7, 2017 10:00

The correct formula must obviously be (40x"Streets of Love"+3x"Infamy")/3.

When you brought that quote in another thread, Doxa, about Keith liking "Streets of Love" very much, the explanation has to be in comparison with those 40 Mick demos all in the vein of "Streets of Love", which he recently have been exposed to, and which do not quite match the model song.grinning smiley

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 7, 2017 15:36

40 Jagger demos is a good start.Last thing needed is another Crosseyed Heart snoozefest....Some of the Keith ballads were ok and nonwithstanding

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: May 7, 2017 18:36

When a good songs written & complete it doesnt mean the jobs done. It then normally gets cooked in as many ways as possible, diferent textures, styles, tempo's, structure before the final finished display of the song is ready, sometimes it just starts off right and seems easy, sometimes you've to try everything with it before you get what you need but that can take oodles & oodles of jams/messing with it as a band. if your tryin to get this whilst in a studio its not normally going to come through bang on 9 out of 10.

Some songs you need to afford the band/players a period of chewin on it before the shapes or even just the bones are solid

Date: May 8, 2017 01:17

I fully expect to get a new album with Mick songs ("We took a walk in the park / We played with the sharks" ) and a couple new Keith songs ("Baby, baby, baby / Honey, honey, honey" ). I just don't expect "the best Stones yet" or "the best Stones since Exile or Some Girls." Keith isn't so much full of shit as he is a brilliant PR man who makes it seem like he's being cool telling fans and the media how it really is.

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: May 8, 2017 04:07

I liked One More Shot with the exception of that bridge.....I love I love I love or something like that.

Date: May 8, 2017 08:45

Witness
The correct formula must obviously be (40x"Streets of Love"+3x"Infamy")/3.

When you brought that quote in another thread, Doxa, about Keith liking "Streets of Love" very much, the explanation has to be in comparison with those 40 Mick demos all in the vein of "Streets of Love", which he recently have been exposed to, and which do not quite match the model song.grinning smiley

Since we finally are leaving the realm of speculation behind and reaching the stage of exact science, let us develop the formula a bit further, to be more precise:

((40x"Streets Of Love" + 40x"Doom&Gloom")/2 + (3x"Infamy" + 3x"One More Shot")/2)/3

But then again, your last remark will make things a bit more complicated...

Then we need to formulate it, by taking the words of Keith Richards stating actual facts, a bit differently:

(40x + 3y)/3,

in which the variables are to be interpreted:

x<"Streets Of Love"
y="Jumpin' Jack Flash"

So predicting the quality of an upcoming Rolling Stones album isn't any rocket science, now is it?grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-08 08:52 by Doxa.

Date: May 8, 2017 08:51

Rocky Dijon
I fully expect to get a new album with Mick songs ("We took a walk in the park / We played with the sharks" ) and a couple new Keith songs ("Baby, baby, baby / Honey, honey, honey" ). I just don't expect "the best Stones yet" or "the best Stones since Exile or Some Girls." Keith isn't so much full of shit as he is a brilliant PR man who makes it seem like he's being cool telling fans and the media how it really is.

I fully expect Keith Richards to evaluate the new album as "the best Stones yet" and the 'critical' (baby boom) musical press it as "the best Stones since EXILE or SOME GIRLS"...

- Doxa

Date: May 8, 2017 10:16

Maybe we get a quadruple album with 43 songs...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-08 10:19 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: MoreFastNumbers ()
Date: May 8, 2017 10:33

Rocky Dijon
I fully expect to get a new album with Mick songs ("We took a walk in the park / We played with the sharks" ) and a couple new Keith songs ("Baby, baby, baby / Honey, honey, honey" )...

>grinning smiley<

Date: May 8, 2017 11:50

Rocky Dijon

...and 'My cards are on the table'?!

Date: May 8, 2017 21:50

Don't forget Keith's "We used your deck / All I did was play the cards."

Date: May 9, 2017 12:50

...so, no new album in 2017. sad smiley

Date: May 9, 2017 13:01

Rocky Dijon
Don't forget Keith's "We used your deck / All I did was play the cards."

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the «sevens, eights and nines» as yet...

Date: May 9, 2017 13:11

KRiffhard
...so, no new album in 2017. sad smiley

"No Fllter" could be the name of the album....spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1432
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home