Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 704
Re: Another album in 2017 ?
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 23, 2017 21:38

KRiffhard
Hairball
Woz
I am more interested in 2016-2017 sessions than what may or may not happened between 1979 and 1984.....at least in this particular thread!

The 2016 'Hit the Wall' sessions....winking smiley

Now 2017, wondering if they started from scratch as Ronnie suggested they would?!

...or the 2016 'Being prolific don't mean a shit' sessions!
>grinning smiley<

It would be interesting - in a morbid trainwreck kind of way - to hear all of the demos Mick brought to those sessions.
Or maybe not....

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: February 23, 2017 21:41

It could be the next Brown Sugar!!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: February 23, 2017 22:25

hot stuff
It could be the next Brown Sugar!!

...or another Doom and Gloom eye rolling smiley

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: February 23, 2017 23:20

Is there any info about sessions? Are the guys working in the studio?

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: February 23, 2017 23:33

I've just seen a pics of Keith on his twitter profile at Blue note in NYC together with Iven Neville...So I think that the possible studio time rumoured for this week in London is postponed...If there is no Tour in June/July there will be a lot of time to finish the album.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: February 23, 2017 23:35

Thank you, ok

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: February 24, 2017 03:30

Monsoon Ragoon
gotdablouse
Doesn't "Sheep Dip Blues" have an early version of Heaven ? Let's see...yes [dbboots.com] with a date shown as 11/10/1980 although the original OBR record states all the tracks came from 77/78.

Heaven I (early version) is also a ER-leftover, recorded June-October 1979 according to www.nzentgraf.de

Wikipedia states Neighbors (and Heaven) are not from previous sessions and in fact that those two songs are notable for being the only two songs 'new' ..with no history before sessions began for Tattoo You. It lists the recording dates, who played on what, and what inspired the writing for the song. Mick wrote the song about Keith being evicted from his NYC apartment (... which occurred ..'after'.. ER had been released).

Time is on Our Side (quite a credible website) along with several other music websites also list the songs as being recorded for Tattoo you with no previous sessions. It lists the same recording dates for the song. However it lists all the other songs on TY and their respective recording sessions as well ..>> All of them .. except for Neighbors and Heaven are listed as dating back to sessions from previous albums.

'Neighbors' and 'Heaven' were brand new songs.. written / intended / 100% recorded for for Tattoo You at Path Marconi Studios in Paris France with no previous history.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-24 03:39 by IanBillen.

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: February 24, 2017 05:54

I was in the apartment that Neighbors was written about. Keith was playing the brand new Emotional Rescue album so loud I couldn't hear what he was saying to me even though he was sitting right next to me on the floor with Ron and Bobby as we listened to Bobby's saxophone blasting from the record player. Not long after that the neighbors started complaining. The lyrics for Heaven were also written around that time. Keith had a couple of apartments in Manhattan, never just one.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: February 24, 2017 14:56

chatoyancy
I was in the apartment that Neighbors was written about. Keith was playing the brand new Emotional Rescue album so loud I couldn't hear what he was saying to me even though he was sitting right next to me on the floor with Ron and Bobby as we listened to Bobby's saxophone blasting from the record player. Not long after that the neighbors started complaining. The lyrics for Heaven were also written around that time. Keith had a couple of apartments in Manhattan, never just one.

Did Bobby play sax on that? I thought it was Sonny Rollins..

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: February 24, 2017 21:11

Sonny Rollins is nowhere to be found on Emotional Rescue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-24 21:13 by Long John Stoner.

Date: February 24, 2017 22:11

I'll always remember that Bobby was playing sax on the record because I said to him "I love your saxophone on this song" and he replied in his Texan drawl "Thank ya dahlin' and I love the gold locket around your neck". When I said "My brother gave it to me" he said "That is brotherly love!"

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: February 25, 2017 01:09

My friend at Universal just told me that this week's sessions were cancelled with no new date in sight.
Also the tour could be a handful of dates only, just like last year's fall shows.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 25, 2017 02:08

georgelicks
My friend at Universal just told me that this week's sessions were cancelled with no new date in sight.
Also the tour could be a handful of dates only, just like last year's fall shows.

Wow...everything's seemingly falling apart at the seams!

Having a tour with only a handful of dates might even be wishful thinking at this point.

confused smiley

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: February 25, 2017 06:51

Hairball
georgelicks

Wow...everything's seemingly falling apart at the seams!

Having a tour with only a handful of dates might even be wishful thinking at this point.

confused smiley

Not to be a panic but it does, possibly, seem to point towards a health issue. I'm not simply basing this on the new album and Tour but what suddenly turned
into the tiny tour last fall. In all sincerity, I hope I'm wrong and indeed
they are simply slowing the pace to spend more time with family etc. Certainly,
this could be the scenario as well and I do hope that's the reason.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 25, 2017 07:48

Well, looks like Jagger's got plans.
Oscar show and party w/ the prettiest gal in the place
[www.bollywoodlife.com]

Date: February 25, 2017 09:10

Mick is friends with the former Miss World. He vacations in India; he has many friends there. Priyanka lives in Los Angeles now. She's in the TV series "Quantico". She's a presenter at the Oscars Sunday

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-25 09:12 by chatoyancy.

Date: February 25, 2017 10:49

georgelicks

sad smiley

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 25, 2017 22:39

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-25 22:40 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: February 25, 2017 22:41

IanBillen
Monsoon Ragoon
gotdablouse
Doesn't "Sheep Dip Blues" have an early version of Heaven ? Let's see...yes [dbboots.com] with a date shown as 11/10/1980 although the original OBR record states all the tracks came from 77/78.

Heaven I (early version) is also a ER-leftover, recorded June-October 1979 according to www.nzentgraf.de

Wikipedia states Neighbors (and Heaven) are not from previous sessions and in fact that those two songs are notable for being the only two songs 'new' ..with no history before sessions began for Tattoo You. It lists the recording dates, who played on what, and what inspired the writing for the song. Mick wrote the song about Keith being evicted from his NYC apartment (... which occurred ..'after'.. ER had been released).

Time is on Our Side (quite a credible website) along with several other music websites also list the songs as being recorded for Tattoo you with no previous sessions. It lists the same recording dates for the song. However it lists all the other songs on TY and their respective recording sessions as well ..>> All of them .. except for Neighbors and Heaven are listed as dating back to sessions from previous albums.

'Neighbors' and 'Heaven' were brand new songs.. written / intended / 100% recorded for for Tattoo You at Path Marconi Studios in Paris France with no previous history.

Wikipedia a better source than Zentgraf? Good joke.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: February 25, 2017 22:43

So,can we close this topic?!eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 26, 2017 00:59

mailexile67
So,can we close this topic?!eye rolling smiley

Yeah on December 31st

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: February 26, 2017 02:08

Monsoon Ragoon
IanBillen
Monsoon Ragoon
gotdablouse

Wikipedia a better source than Zentgraf? Good joke.

I never said it was 'better'. I simply added it to the list of credible websites that stated what I was saying. Time Is On Our Side Is also a good source for recordings and dates and stories behind the songs .. It also states the same in Neighbors and Heaven were recorded for Tattoo You specifically (which was then an un-named album .. or project).

To be fair I also saw where Chris Kimsey said in an interview that 'virtually' all of the tracks were from previous albums / sessions. There are a few websites that also state the opposite of my opinion. The only thing is 9 out of ten say Heaven and Neighbors were brand new .. So I went with it.

I could be wrong .. It is not unheard of to think every single track from Tattoo You already had some sort of recording history from previous sessions.

Anyway .. that is that.. now onto this album again ...

I wonder what is going on. Perhaps they plan on working on it in Spring ... Say Mar-April? .. .... You would think it should not take any more studio scheduling than a mere month or two and they should have these babies finally all worked out and recorded and ready for a mix job you'd think? .. ....

**I mean lets face it.... This album is already 14 months in the making .. I would think it is ready to start to come to fruition by now (just has been a really a quick on and off type of thing as I get it lol)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-26 02:14 by IanBillen.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 27, 2017 11:19

IanBillen
...**I mean lets face it.... This album is already 14 months in the making .. I would think it is ready to start to come to fruition by now (just has been a really a quick on and off type of thing as I get it lol)

In that 14 months I doubt that it's been 14 hours in the making.

They've proved before that they can work quite quickly if they get on with it...

Fingers crossed that at some point, they do get on with it ! winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-27 11:22 by Spud.

Date: February 27, 2017 11:25

Spud
IanBillen
...**I mean lets face it.... This album is already 14 months in the making .. I would think it is ready to start to come to fruition by now (just has been a really a quick on and off type of thing as I get it lol)

In that 14 months I doubt that it's been 14 hours in the making.

They've proved before that they can work quite quickly if they get on with it...

Fingers crossed that at some point, they do get on with it ! winking smiley

They don't feel like recording an album. They're old and they don't earn money with albums.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 27, 2017 12:21

I thnk that, whilst ever they exist as a band, they'll feel that making records is a part of what they do and should do.

As the years pass, they're just no longer inclined t do it very often.

Date: February 27, 2017 13:21

Maybe there are some problems with new songs...

"I‘ve got three songs and they‘re dynamite. I don‘t want to make any decisions about this until this record (B&L) comes out, because I think it might radically change Mick‘s attitude; it might change mine.
I want to see the fallout from this record before I decide wheteher I want to record 40 of Mick‘s songs or whether he wants to sit down with me and record some songs together"
KR

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 27, 2017 13:45

"record some songs together"

Did he possibly mean (or was he misquoted?) write some songs together ? Even on Mick quasi solo albums like ABB he still bothered to have Keith around in his castle for some recording sessions.

Anyway I'm not sure what Keith really had in mind with that "B&L fallout" business...if anything the fallout shows they should come up with a B&L v2 or a soul version and give up on album of new material doomed to be of "absolutely no importance whatsoever" especially based on the (working) titles of Mick's songs before they started B&L (or so the story goes) ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-27 13:45 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 27, 2017 16:45

I feel something happened with Mick upon the B&L release. I say this because in an interview he seemed really put off that this record is a hit, kind of shocked like it wasn't suppose to be. That's the impression I got. Maybe I'm wrong. Don't want to sound mean but maybe he believes new age stuff like SuperHeavy is the way to go versus old school music. Anyhow, I'm not feeling confident there will be a new Stones album. Hope I'm wrong though.

Date: February 27, 2017 17:20

frankotero
I feel something happened with Mick upon the B&L release. I say this because in an interview he seemed really put off that this record is a hit, kind of shocked like it wasn't suppose to be. That's the impression I got. Maybe I'm wrong. Don't want to sound mean but maybe he believes new age stuff like SuperHeavy is the way to go versus old school music. Anyhow, I'm not feeling confident there will be a new Stones album. Hope I'm wrong though.

There will never be a new Stones album again probably. But I may be wrong. Hopefully there will be outtakes box sets some day - with stuff NOT circulating on bootleg, like Pass The Wine or the Japanese bonus take of All Down The Line. Maybe that would make more sense than another halfbaked new album.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-27 17:28 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: February 27, 2017 18:10

Could be that even in their 70's they may actually have too many things going on. Tour, new songs, cover albums, live vault releases, deluxe releases that all need attention of one sort or another. I would love to see a specifically released new album of standard stones rockers and more modern stuff. Foot firmly implanted in the past and forward looking(whatever that would mean) If the music is of a high quality and tastefully done then we have a winner.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2095
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home