Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 704
Re: Another album in 2017 ?
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 26, 2017 08:49

Maindefender
KRiffhard
heinz57
It looks like the Stones may do some more recording in London later in February, with the aim of having a new album of original material done in time for the summer tour, if there is one. We'll see.

Thanks Heinz! thumbs up

I wish I could dispute Heinz, but his 10 posts have been proven fairly accurate. Wish he wouldn't go back into hiding on this one though.......eye rolling smiley

thumbs up

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: January 26, 2017 23:14

My guess is that they are working on it now.. Sure.. it's just a guess.. but they referred to them wanting to finish work on and probably release the album this year...

They have 'tentative' plans for much of the rest of the year and Charlie wants all of March off. As well... there has been no sign of them over the past three weeks.

As well ... The material isn't going to get finished on it's own .. Anyone heard anything?

Ian

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 26, 2017 23:56

I just read the January UNCUT article, a great piece BTW one the most sincere interview pieces in recent memory. As already mentioned Keith has 3 great songs where Mick has 40 music ideas. But Mick mentions he would like to cover some Dylan blues songs??

B&L really caught them off guard and I'm sure weeks later it's impact is still resonating with Mick & especially Keith. Thankfully we have the Europe tour and the boys will maybe have something to say regarding new songs.

Date: January 27, 2017 00:33

Maindefender
I just read the January UNCUT article, a great piece BTW one the most sincere interview pieces in recent memory. As already mentioned Keith has 3 great songs where Mick has 40 music ideas. But Mick mentions he would like to cover some Dylan blues songs??

B&L really caught them off guard and I'm sure weeks later it's impact is still resonating with Mick & especially Keith. Thankfully we have the Europe tour and the boys will maybe have something to say regarding new songs.

Mick is interested in Covering some Dylan bluesish stuff?. Wow that is surprising. I seriously doubt any of it will make it to an (the) album if that ever does happen at any point.

Blue & Lonesome caught us off guard too ... and it is/ was a pretty big commercial success. For an album of all covers it was a major success. I don't think anyone anticipated it being this much of a hit .. and everybody loves the thing!! In a word.. Blue & Lonesome is 'special' .. it really is.

Ian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-27 00:34 by IanBillen.

Posted by: ReginaPhalange ()
Date: January 27, 2017 00:37

IanBillen
My guess is that they are working on it now.. Sure.. it's just a guess.. but they referred to them wanting to finish work on and probably release the album this year...

They have 'tentative' plans for much of the rest of the year and Charlie wants all of March off. As well... there has been no sign of them over the past three weeks.

As well ... The material isn't going to get finished on it's own .. Anyone heard anything?

Ian

Jagger has been in Mustique since the holidays.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 27, 2017 00:47

Maindefender, January 2017 Uncut magazine
cheapest I can see is $9.99 online digital read.
Any tips?

Posted by: heinz57 ()
Date: January 27, 2017 00:58

This is based on sources that are usually reliable, but plans can change. Things can easily get postponed. Nothing happens until it happens.

Date: January 27, 2017 01:07

35love
Maindefender, January 2017 Uncut magazine
cheapest I can see is $9.99 online digital read.
Any tips?

Barnes and Noble US gets it in about 3 weeks after the UK. It still might be on the shelves.

Date: January 27, 2017 01:10

IanBillen
Maindefender

Mick is interested in Covering some Dylan bluesish stuff?. Wow that is surprising. I seriously doubt any of it will make it to an (the) album if that ever does happen at any point.

Blue & Lonesome caught us off guard too ... and it is/ was a pretty big commercial success. For an album of all covers it was a major success. I don't think anyone anticipated it being this much of a hit .. and everybody loves the thing!! In a word.. Blue & Lonesome is 'special' .. it really is.

Ian

Jagger quote from UNCUT: "If we had gone another day, my next list would have included some Bob Dylan blues songs. Think of those ones like "Pledging My Time" or one of the faster ones, like "Tombstone Blues".

Date: February 2, 2017 18:28

"You have helped make every Stones album since 1994’s Voodoo Lounge, so you know the band takes its time. I won’t ask you about when it will be done, but can you talk about the energy in the sessions?"
"The energy is f—ing great. And they are stoked about the response to Blue and Lonesome"

"I can imagine. It’s a pretty bad-ass record"
"Well, it’s them being them. It’s an affirmation of the band being itself. And I think that is having an impact on the sessions, which is great. But I will tell you we’re a ways off yet until we’re done"

Read More: Don Was on 'The Last Waltz 40' Tour and the Next Rolling Stones Album: Exclusive Interview | [ultimateclassicrock.com]

...are they in studio now?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-02 19:29 by KRiffhard.

Date: February 5, 2017 20:58

Maindefender
IanBillen
Maindefender

Ian

Jagger quote from UNCUT: "If we had gone another day, my next list would have included some Bob Dylan blues songs. Think of those ones like "Pledging My Time" or one of the faster ones, like "Tombstone Blues".

I would be very surprised if those would of made it to any album. Still interesting to know though.

Ian

Date: February 5, 2017 21:03

KRiffhard
"You have helped make every Stones album since 1994’s Voodoo Lounge, so you know the band takes its time. I won’t ask you about when it will be done, but can you talk about the energy in the sessions?"
"The energy is f—ing great. And they are stoked about the response to Blue and Lonesome"

"I can imagine. It’s a pretty bad-ass record"
"Well, it’s them being them. It’s an affirmation of the band being itself. And I think that is having an impact on the sessions, which is great. But I will tell you we’re a ways off yet until we’re done"

Read More: Don Was on 'The Last Waltz 40' Tour and the Next Rolling Stones Album: Exclusive Interview | [ultimateclassicrock.com]

...are they in studio now?

Probably .. Nobody has saw them / heard from them since just before the Holiday (Christmas) .. and Don Was says they have been in the studio doing sessions since B & L release / reception which was December 2 .. So I'd say pretty good chance. I am almost positive they would of got into the studio after the new year at some point. You would think so anyway .. After all .. they have an album unfinished.. they are planning to release it this year.. they have tour plans coming in summer.

I'd say taking all that into account... It's most probable.

Ian

Date: February 6, 2017 15:31

Heinz57 give us some news please!
winking smiley

Date: February 11, 2017 12:39

heinz57
This is based on sources that are usually reliable, but plans can change. Things can easily get postponed. Nothing happens until it happens.

Hi Heinz, do you know if they are in studio now?

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 11, 2017 23:36

IanBillen

Ian

Why would Charlie want the whole of March off?

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: February 12, 2017 00:19

They were in the studio by last time a couple of days in September, Mick was in NY in December and Mustique in January, he's back in the US with his new child as far I know; Ronnie and Charlie are in London, Keith's at his home and he did some interviews for the Ask Keith section.
It looks like there's studio time booked in London for a week on late February but there's a lot of work to do on the new album, the people at Universal is not expecting anything done by late 2017.

Date: February 12, 2017 00:29

georgelicks
They were in the studio by last time a couple of days in September, Mick was in NY in December and Mustique in January, he's back in the US with his new child as far I know; Ronnie and Charlie are in London, Keith's at his home and he did some interviews for the Ask Keith section.
It looks like there's studio time booked in London for a week on late February but there's a lot of work to do on the new album, the people at Universal is not expecting anything done by late 2017.

So...can we still expect a Summer tour.....but with nothing 'to promote' ?

Date: February 12, 2017 00:45

jlowe
georgelicks

The European tour is on works for 8-10 months now, and they won't release a new album in June to get low sales, any high profile release will be on November/December to get the best sales numbers.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: February 12, 2017 12:28

georgelicks
jlowe
georgelicks

The European tour is on works for 8-10 months now, and they won't release a new album in June to get low sales, any high profile release will be on November/December to get the best sales numbers.

But where's the sense in a tour during Summer then? Even in 1975 when going to America they could promote more than Made in the Shade: GHS and IORR!
This is not the case in 2017. I'm not quite sure how much they will play of Blue & Lonesome in stadiums and certtainly not revisit A Bigger Bang or whatever was neglected in the past.

Date: February 12, 2017 12:38

JJHMick
georgelicks
jlowe
georgelicks

But where's the sense in a tour during Summer then? Even in 1975 when going to America they could promote more than Made in the Shade: GHS and IORR!
This is not the case in 2017. I'm not quite sure how much they will play of Blue & Lonesome in stadiums and certtainly not revisit A Bigger Bang or whatever was neglected in the past.

thumbs up

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: February 12, 2017 13:10

Don Was has said that they wereconfused smileyeye rolling smiley in studio just a week ago...

Date: February 12, 2017 13:41

JJHMick
georgelicks
jlowe
georgelicks

Certainly some B&L has to be played. Grat to read possible studio time coming up.....thumbs up

Posted by: ReginaPhalange ()
Date: February 12, 2017 17:11

mailexile67
Don Was has said that they wereconfused smileyeye rolling smiley in studio just a week ago...

MJ was in Paris this past week, this photo was captioned "working session"

Jagger with Charles Aznavour

same photo on Instagram

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-13 00:36 by ReginaPhalange.

Date: February 12, 2017 17:15

ReginaPhalange
mailexile67

MJ was in Paris this week, this photo was captioned "working session"

Jagger with Charles Aznavour

...working session with Charles Aznavour?!

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 12, 2017 17:29

JJHMick
georgelicks
jlowe
georgelicks

MONEY

Date: February 12, 2017 17:40

JJHMick
georgelicks
jlowe
georgelicks

1975!!!
That was 42 years ago!!!
Do you think that in 2017 the Stones will play live to "promote" a product?
Nonesense, they just play what they want, when they want and that's it, nowadays is 13-14 warhorses, 2 Keith songs and 3 random songs every concert,

Date: February 12, 2017 17:43

mailexile67

He didn't say that.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: February 12, 2017 18:20

@Georgelicks

He talk about positive attitude and vibrations during the "current" sessions and that they're lusingate about the great success of B&L...So, if B&L is come out early December, when they're come back in the studio?!?

Date: February 12, 2017 20:08

mailexile67
@Georgelicks

He talk about positive attitude and vibrations during the "current" sessions and that they're lusingate about the great success of B&L...So, if B&L is come out early December, when they're come back in the studio?!?

thumbs up
That's the question!

Date: February 12, 2017 20:20

Actually 3 of the top 5 best selling albums in 2016 were NOT released around the Christmas period.
Of the two that were one was Adele's 25 which of course would have been a mega seller irrespective of release date; the other was a compilation and its true that they always shift more units at Christmas.

Are we saying that B and L wouldn't gave been the 'success' (in sales terms) if it had been released in April, for example? We will never know of course.
Certainly the publicity around the opening of Exhibitionism would have helped ...in the UK certainly.

I hope we don't have to wait till November 2017 or 2018 for some new product.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1810
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home