Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 704
Re: Another album in 2017 ?
Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: January 8, 2017 15:30

KRiffhard
HonkeyTonkFlash
KRiffhard
Am i the only one who is waiting so impatiently for original stuff?! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Can't wait!

Me too! I love Rolling Stones music. Blue and Lonesome is very good but it's the music that influenced them, not the stuff they then evolved into. The Stones created a whole unique genre of music. Nothing else sounds like the Stones doing their own music.

thumbs upthumbs up

And as much as I enjoy hearing the Stones do blues, I could never listen to nothing but blues. I love the feeling that great blues players put across, but it's such a limited template. So many songs with the exact same chord progression. And if course, if the songs became more complex they wouldn't really be blues would they. But the Stones took that template and evolved it to a whole new level. Gimme Shelter or Brown Sugar impress me a lot more than Good Morning Little School Girl, cool as old blues can be.... Just my opinion of course.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: January 8, 2017 17:35

KRiffhard
Am i the only one who is waiting so impatiently for original stuff?! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Can't wait!

You and 2-3 more people actually, the rest is more interested on vauls releases from 35-40+ years ago, or any old stuff.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 8, 2017 17:51

I think that a new album of originals will be very successful.
There's no need to publish other blues covers or old stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-08 17:54 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: January 8, 2017 17:52

georgelicks
KRiffhard
Can't wait!

You and 2-3 more people actually, the rest is more interested on vauls releases from 35-40+ years ago, or any old stuff.

Granted, their best work was done a long time ago but anything new that rocks, rolls and has the sound of Keith and Ronnie on guitars, Charlie Watts on drums and the one and only Mick Jagger on vocals will make some of us pretty happy...even if it doesn't measure up to the "Big Four." Pretty much nothing does anyway.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: January 8, 2017 17:58

georgelicks
KRiffhard
Can't wait!

Are those things mutually exclusive? I'm chomping at the bit for new stuff AND more great material from the vaults.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 8, 2017 18:04

Ross
georgelicks
KRiffhard
Can't wait!

Are those things mutually exclusive? I'm chomping at the bit for new stuff AND more great material from the vaults.

I am up for new Stones music.
Like we discussed on another thread: "Rock is not dead"

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: January 8, 2017 18:37

See my latest post on "Stones at number One". I'm sure that any original material will be a hit - even if it makes some No. 6 or so in Iceland or Sambia.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 9, 2017 00:22

georgelicks
KRiffhard
Can't wait!

I'm interested in them doing new music with two exceptions: if it sounds anything like DIRTY WORK, which it shouldn't, thankfully, or if it's just crappy Jagger solo songs jammed onto something with The Rolling Stones name attached to them like with what happened on STEEL WHEELS, VOODOO, BRIDGES and BANG. I don't think they need to considering they've got 500 albums already. It seems that they want to, hence what happened with the side release of BLUE AND LONESOME.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: January 9, 2017 11:32

Well I personally hope for new material, no matter how good it is. You have to define for yourself what you like (look at ABB; some like it, some really hate it).
An Album is worth making when at least some people like it... smiling smiley

Date: January 9, 2017 16:16

GasLightStreet
georgelicks
KRiffhard
Can't wait!

I'm interested in them doing new music with two exceptions: ..... if it's just crappy Jagger solo songs jammed onto something with The Rolling Stones name attached to them like with what happened on STEEL WHEELS, VOODOO, BRIDGES and BANG.

It might be time to listen to these albums again. They are not Jagger solo albums ,especially the first 2 you can tell this immediately at the beginning of the albums.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 9, 2017 18:51

Winning Ugly VXII
GasLightStreet
georgelicks
KRiffhard
Can't wait!

I'm interested in them doing new music with two exceptions: ..... if it's just crappy Jagger solo songs jammed onto something with The Rolling Stones name attached to them like with what happened on STEEL WHEELS, VOODOO, BRIDGES and BANG.

It might be time to listen to these albums again. They are not Jagger solo albums ,especially the first 2 you can tell this immediately at the beginning of the albums.

That's why I said 'crappy Jagger solo songs jammed onto'. Saint Of Me, as much as it annoys me with the production, is a decent Jagger solo song. But the others on that album are garbage.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: January 10, 2017 05:53

If they do manage another record, I believe it will be their last. If not, B&L is their last. Just my opinion. But if we do get another record, I will chose to look at it from a historical perspective. Regardless of how it sounds, it will be history.

It's quite comical to listen to all the comments about what the band should or shouldn't do. They've done it for 55 years.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: January 10, 2017 08:26

KRiffhard
Can't wait!

No - I want NEW Stones material as well!

Rod

Date: January 10, 2017 08:36

bitusa2012
KRiffhard
Can't wait!

thumbs up

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: January 10, 2017 08:40

KRiffhard
bitusa2012
KRiffhard
Can't wait!

thumbs up
thumbs up

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 10, 2017 08:55

mpj200
If they do manage another record, I believe it will be their last. If not, B&L is their last. Just my opinion. But if we do get another record, I will chose to look at it from a historical perspective. Regardless of how it sounds, it will be history.

It's quite comical to listen to all the comments about what the band should or shouldn't do. They've done it for 55 years.

Yes they've done it for 55 years, but when you consider they've only released seven studio albums in the last 35 years vs. a whopping 18 studio albums in the first 21 years, it puts things in a different perspective.

It might seem comical to you reading comments on what the band should and shouldn't do, but this is a message board filled with wishful thinkers! Based on the last 35 years, maybe the band should listen to the fans more!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 11, 2017 07:40

The Rolling Stones are “not done making records,” producer Don Was tells KCSN Los Angeles DJ Jim Nelson in the first installment of The Rock Cellar Conversations, our new podcast series launching *very* soon.

Make sure you catch the debut of The Rock Cellar Conversations, in which superstar producer Don Was tells the story of how Bob Dylan “punk’d” George Harrison and the wild flight he once took sitting next to Big Bird.

The Rock Cellar Conversations — coming soon to Rock Cellar Magazine! Stay tuned…

[www.rockcellarmagazine.com]

Date: January 11, 2017 08:15

Cristiano Radtke
The Rolling Stones are “not done making records,” producer Don Was tells KCSN Los Angeles DJ Jim Nelson in the first installment of The Rock Cellar Conversations, our new podcast series launching *very* soon.

Make sure you catch the debut of The Rock Cellar Conversations, in which superstar producer Don Was tells the story of how Bob Dylan “punk’d” George Harrison and the wild flight he once took sitting next to Big Bird.

The Rock Cellar Conversations — coming soon to Rock Cellar Magazine! Stay tuned…

So B&L could be the last... sad smiley

Date: January 11, 2017 15:19

KRiffhard
Cristiano Radtke

So B&L could be the last... sad smiley

Why?

Date: January 11, 2017 19:52

Rolling Stones producer says band is recording in 'little bursts’

Longtime Rolling Stones producer Don Was shed some light on the band's upcoming studio set that was pushed aside to complete the Stones' new hit blues covers collection -- Blue & Lonesome. Seeing as how the band entered the studio in December 2015 to start recording an album of originals prior to shifting gears into a blues vibe, we asked what has been laid down for the new 2017 album.

Was explained that the Stones are hitting the studio and tracking tunes in less concentrated amounts of time than in the past: "There's lot of them. Maybe we had three songs -- we might've been on the third or fourth of them and we took the blues detour in December -- but we went back in June and recorded more. And it's still pretty early. Y'know, in the past, it's been a year (laughs). We don't actually toil, y'know, for 12 hours a day for a year, but it's a lifestyle record. You shape your life around making a record, and really, so far, there hasn't really been an appetite for that. So, we've been doing it in a couple of little bursts."

Although it topped the charts in no less than 10 countries -- including Britain -- Blue & Lonesome the Rolling Stones' first studio set in over a decade fell short Stateside, peaking at Number Four.

In addition to England, the album went all the way to Number One on the Australian, Belgian, Dutch, German, Norwegian, Scottish, Swedish, and Swiss album charts.

There's been no hard date set for the next Stones studio album.

[www.kshe95.com]

Date: January 11, 2017 20:12

"we took the blues detour in December -- but we went back in June and recorded more".

Wonder if they've been in the studio at all since last June - 7 months ago.
We know Keith wanted them in the studio last month, but nobody else was ready for that

"You shape your life around making a record, and really, so far, there hasn't really been an appetite for that".

Doesn't sound very promising... eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-11 20:12 by Hairball.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: January 11, 2017 20:31

Socrates1
KRiffhard
bitusa2012
KRiffhard
Can't wait!

thumbs up
thumbs up

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up
12 new tracks, must be possible!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-11 20:41 by TooTough.

Date: January 11, 2017 22:27

Hairball
"we took the blues detour in December -- but we went back in June and recorded more".

We know Keith wanted them in the studio last month, but nobody else was ready for that

"You shape your life around making a record, and really, so far, there hasn't really been an appetite for that".

"The Stones are working on one, yeah - at the moment, as we speak. We cut a few new things and we're going in (the studio) again later this year.
Keith Richards (July 2016)

"We started (making a new album when we recorded the blues covers) and then we went back in recently, doing some new stuff. I don't know how long that's going to take" Charlie Watts (Oct. 2016)

"I was working on it quite recently. We've got a long way to go, but I think it sounds really great and I'm looking forward to carrying on with that"
MJ (Nov. 2016)

...maybe July and September/October?

Date: January 12, 2017 00:46

KRiffhard
Hairball

"The Stones are working on one, yeah - at the moment, as we speak. We cut a few new things and we're going in (the studio) again later this year.
Keith Richards (July 2016)

"We started (making a new album when we recorded the blues covers) and then we went back in recently, doing some new stuff. I don't know how long that's going to take" Charlie Watts (Oct. 2016)

"I was working on it quite recently. We've got a long way to go, but I think it sounds really great and I'm looking forward to carrying on with that"
MJ (Nov. 2016)

...maybe July and September/October?

Yeah July and September sounds like a possibility, but hard to say.
Depends on how they define "recently"...Charlies use of "recently" could refer to what Keith was saying in July: "working on one...at the moment as we speak".

As for Mick's quote, he says "I was working on it..." - what I meant was if they've been in the studio at all since last June together as a band.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 12, 2017 03:49

When you talk about an album written together by Mick and Keith, arranged by the band, and cut by the band as a true group effort, the last time it happened was VOODOO LOUNGE. I have a daughter who will be 23 this year. She was born a couple weeks after VOODOO LOUNGE was released. That was the last time they spent a year working on an album to get it as right as they possibly could. BRIDGES TO BABYLON was a hodge-podge of various producers and sidemen alongside the band reworking tracks that had been demoed with the Winos and various other sidemen until the final result was a bit of Mick fronting the Stones sounding like the Winos and a bit of the Stones pasted onto what sounded like Mick solo tracks. And yeah, some of it is just plain Stones. I love the album a lot (as I do VOODOO LOUNGE), but Mick has never given Keith that much freedom again and/or Keith has been unable to creatively match what he brought to the BRIDGES sessions. Since then, there's been a lot more of relying on Matt Clifford to shape and arrange very finished demos that can be easily reworked by the band to minimize studio time. That's not the only way they have worked since 2002, but it's been that way much of the time. What can you do? Mick and Keith are very different artists creatively. Mick is not Steve Jordan and doesn't want to be. Keith doesn't wish to work in the constraints Mick provides and isn't interested in (or is incapable of) playing Dave Stewart or Matt Clifford to Mick. We get what we get whether it's what we need or want. For me, that's better than nothing even when sometimes I don't much care for the results.

Date: January 12, 2017 04:01

JJHMick
See my latest post on "Stones at number One". I'm sure that any original material will be a hit - even if it makes some No. 6 or so in Iceland or Sambia.

Where is Sambia?

Rod

Date: January 12, 2017 04:47

bitusa2012
JJHMick

Where is Sambia?

Had to look it up myself - it's a reference to a tribal people living in an area of Papua New Guinea rather than an actual geographical place.

From wiki: Sambia people

You learn something new everyday...

Date: January 12, 2017 05:09

Hairball
bitusa2012
JJHMick

Where is Sambia?

Had to look it up myself - it's a reference to a tribal people living in an area of Papua New Guinea rather than an actual geographical place.

Sambia or Zambia? grinning smiley

[en.wikipedia.org]

Date: January 12, 2017 05:26

Hairball
bitusa2012
JJHMick

Where is Sambia?

"IN Sambia ...." was the quote. Doesnt seem to reference a tribe or type of people...whatever

Rod

Date: January 12, 2017 05:32

Cristiano Radtke
Hairball
bitusa2012
JJHMick

Where is Sambia?

Sambia or Zambia? grinning smiley

[en.wikipedia.org]

Interesting. thumbs up

"Most Zambian traditional music is based on drums (and other percussion instruments) with a lot of singing and dancing.
In the urban areas foreign genres of music are popular, in particular Congolese rumba, African-American music and Jamaican reggae.
Several psychedelic rock artists emerged in the 1970s to create a genre known as Zam-rock, including WITCH, Musi-O-Tunya,
Rikki Ililonga, Amanaz, the Peace, Chrissy Zebby Tembo, Blackfoot, and the Ngozi Family".

ZAM-ROCK....smiling smiley...might be something new for Mick to delve in to? Maybe a WITCH/Jagger collaboration? winking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1707
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home