Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: What's The Funniest Post You Have Ever Seen Here?
Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: December 11, 2016 10:56

Bliss

By all means, dear stonesrule, prove me wrong. You've been posting these anecdotes for many years, without a shred of evidence to support them. Show us some articles or photos linking you with the Rolling Stones, because in my vast Stones library and extensive reading on the net, I've yet to see one.

Insisting that someone who claims to know an insider produces proof can be problematic. The Machine is so tight, that anyone who "leaks" is immediately ostracized. Sort of Catch-22. By proving the inside link you lose it!

When Phelge originally popped up on Undercover how could we possibly have known if it was actually him. On The Internet No-one Knows If You Are A Dog. In the end he proved himself by being able to tell things that others could then get confirmed.

I never believed Mudabove was an insider (albiet quite a delightful correspondent), but others did, and do.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: December 11, 2016 11:14

Actually, I was the one who helped Phelge set up his account on IORR. But someone had already appropriated his name. So he had to become Phelge00. smiling smiley

The way you can tell if someone is genuine is by the quality of their posts. If their posts consist of specific information, then they are likely to be who they say they are. If their posts are only anecdotes which anyone could make up, then they are very likely an attention-seeking fantasist.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-11 12:05 by Bliss.

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: December 11, 2016 17:12

Wasn't there a thread where someone was trying to sell a sculptor of Brian that looked nothing like him for some absurd amount of money?

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 11, 2016 19:16

MisterO
Wasn't there a thread where someone was trying to sell a sculptor of Brian that looked nothing like him for some absurd amount of money?

funny...........[iorr.org]

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 12, 2016 01:13

Bliss

The funniest post...I didn't find the latest attack on me from Bliss particularly amusing. Just... pathetic.

Many Thanks to the poster in this thread for emailing me that long interview I did several years ago...with a very nice and accurate reporter, Teri Merchant, who at the time worked for the very cool Atlanta paper "Southern Fried." I had forgotten all about it.

I consider many of the IORR posters good and honorable people. But I don't like being tagged as a liar.

By all means, dear stonesrule, prove me wrong. You've been posting these anecdotes for many years, without a shred of evidence to support them. Show us some articles or photos linking you with the Rolling Stones, because in my vast Stones library and extensive reading on the net, I've yet to see one.

Hey Bliss regardless of whether you believe Stonesrule's post or not I can vouch that she is a sweet soul and was around some the action that happened in the 70's. You can just choose to ignore her but I enjoy her stories and unless to can prove her wrong I would appreciate it if you didn't make her feel threatened. There are many people who have had brief but intimate encounters with some faction of the Stones camp, proving it on a public board is kind of awkward and uncomfortable.

I had my 2 weeks of Keith and Patti and have chosen to keep my pictures and "proof" to myself. Perhaps I'll send you some shots form Baja to your email address but I'd rather you didn't publish them here. Check your email. smiling smiley

Anyway it's none of my business but I assure you I would stand up for you just like I feel the need to do for Stonesrule. Anybody who survived those crazy times and is still among the living is pretty amazing. With giants like the Stones we are all just fans and the love we all share for them binds us together. With lotsa Aloha. smoking smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: December 12, 2016 07:40

Hi Bliss,

Just to add to Naturalust's above post, I know stonesrule's real-life name and it is included in the Acknowledgements section of Philip Norman's recent biography on John Lennon -- a biography that I should mention was officially sanctioned by Lennon's estate, that is, Yoko. So, no reason to doubt stonesrule.

Date: December 12, 2016 09:28

This thread asked 'What's The Funniest Post You Have Ever Seen Here?' and this was my reply:

'What I find funniest are the elaborate pieces of fan fiction spun by certain posters, detailing their close personal friendship with the Stones inner circle, none of which have ever been supported by a photo or mention in any of the hundreds of books and articles written about the Stones through the decades.'

That is just my sense of humour.

If anyone chooses to take it as a personal attack, that is on them. And if anyone addresses me by name, I will respond.

If someone doubted the authenticity of MY assertions, I would think it a lot more respectful that they took me seriously and asked for clarification rather than just humouring me. Someone who is telling the truth would not feel threatened.

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: December 12, 2016 10:27

Bliss
This thread asked 'What's The Funniest Post You Have Ever Seen Here?' and this was my reply:

'What I find funniest are the elaborate pieces of fan fiction spun by certain posters, detailing their close personal friendship with the Stones inner circle, none of which have ever been supported by a photo or mention in any of the hundreds of books and articles written about the Stones through the decades.'

Disingenuous bullshit. (Or shall I say I’m doubting the authenticity of your assertions?)
Your original post was mean-spirited and bitchy and clearly not in keeping with the OP’s intent for this thread.

If it truly was your ‘sense of humour’ which prompted you to share a rather ugly side of yourself, please provide proof of it by posting a photo of you laughing at someone mentally weak.

Oh and you seem to have ignored the testimony of two posters who vouch for stonesrule.
Looks like the joke's on you. After you finish pissing yourself laughing an apology might be in order.

Date: December 12, 2016 10:44

Naturalust

The funniest post...I didn't find the latest attack on me from Bliss particularly amusing. Just... pathetic.

Many Thanks to the poster in this thread for emailing me that long interview I did several years ago...with a very nice and accurate reporter, Teri Merchant, who at the time worked for the very cool Atlanta paper "Southern Fried." I had forgotten all about it.

I consider many of the IORR posters good and honorable people. But I don't like being tagged as a liar.

Hey Bliss regardless of whether you believe Stonesrule's post or not I can vouch that she is a sweet soul and was around some the action that happened in the 70's. You can just choose to ignore her but I enjoy her stories and unless to can prove her wrong I would appreciate it if you didn't make her feel threatened. There are many people who have had brief but intimate encounters with some faction of the Stones camp, proving it on a public board is kind of awkward and uncomfortable.

I had my 2 weeks of Keith and Patti and have chosen to keep my pictures and "proof" to myself. Perhaps I'll send you some shots form Baja to your email address but I'd rather you didn't publish them here. Check your email. smiling smiley

Anyway it's none of my business but I assure you I would stand up for you just like I feel the need to do for Stonesrule. Anybody who survived those crazy times and is still among the living is pretty amazing. With giants like the Stones we are all just fans and the love we all share for them binds us together. With lotsa Aloha. smoking smiley

Wonderful post. And while I;m not a main pillar here, I been around for years, and just like to say I had noticed you were gone, and it is good to see you back.

Date: December 12, 2016 10:55

Swayed1967

Disingenuous bullshit. (Or shall I say I’m doubting the authenticity of your assertions?)
Your original post was mean-spirited and bitchy and clearly not in keeping with the OP’s intent for this thread.

If it truly was your ‘sense of humour’ which prompted you to share a rather ugly side of yourself, please provide proof of it by posting a photo of you laughing at someone mentally weak.

Oh and you seem to have ignored the testimony of two posters who vouch for stonesrule.
Looks like the joke's on you. After you finish pissing yourself laughing an apology might be in order.

I will ignore the abusive content of your post and stand by what I said. None of stonesrule's posts or interviews are anything but anecdotes. The reviews of her book say much the same. If people choose to believe them, that's fine. But it doesn't make them true.

Date: December 12, 2016 11:03

Some anectodes are documented, though (albeit not to my knowledge with the Stones)

This is from the January 21, 1970 issue of Rolling Stone Magazine.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 12, 2016 14:37

What book?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: December 12, 2016 14:39

gotdablouse
What book?

[www.amazon.co.uk]

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: December 12, 2016 16:20

stonehearted
Hi Bliss,

Just to add to Naturalust's above post, I know stonesrule's real-life name and it is included in the Acknowledgements section of Philip Norman's recent biography on John Lennon -- a biography that I should mention was officially sanctioned by Lennon's estate, that is, Yoko. So, no reason to doubt stonesrule.

Just for the record here is part of the Acknowledgement page of Philip Norman's 2008 book "John Lennon: The Life":

Date: December 12, 2016 17:26

2000 LYFH

Hi Bliss,

Just for the record here is part of the Acknowledgement page of Philip Norman's 2008 book "John Lennon: The Life":

[i1256.photobucket.com]

And? He thanked everyone he interviewed. But it doesn't mean the interview had any value. Just as the interview she posted by Teri Merchant was nothing more than anecdotes. Read the reviews of her book. People who have done a lot of research dispute her credibility, just as the prosecutor in the Hendrix drug trial said her testimony was incredible. (For those whose first language is not English, incredible doesn't mean amazing in this context, it means not to be believed.) The Hendrix experts say she inflated her own importance and was not around much, if at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-12 17:38 by Bliss.

Date: December 12, 2016 17:50

Bliss

And? He thanked everyone he interviewed. But it doesn't mean the interview had any value. Just as the interview she posted by Teri Merchant was nothing more than anecdotes. Read the reviews of her book. People who have done a lot of research dispute her credibility, just as the prosecutor in the Hendrix drug trial said her testimony was incredible. (For those whose first language is not English, incredible doesn't mean amazing in this context, it means not to be believed.) The Hendrix experts say she inflated her own importance and was not around much, if at all.

Don't you feel ashamed for hijacking what was supposed to be a fun thread? Or are we to believe you're giggling away as you rehash all this.

Get a life...or at the very least choose the threads you wish to poison a little more carefully. You had no business bringing that up here.

Sense of humour my ass.

Date: December 12, 2016 17:55

Swayed67, I've been on this board for 10 years. You arrived..yesterday. Who are you to tell anyone what to do?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 12, 2016 17:58

with sssoul
I love this one: [iorr.org]

I really love that post! And I want Naturalust to know it -
it's great to see your typeface, sweetie! xox :E

Posted by: mattstones ()
Date: December 12, 2016 18:02

The one with Gazza hugging Jon Bon Jovi!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: December 12, 2016 18:42

Oh, I miss Gazza! I would love to take him to see BonJovi. A few hours of disgruntled indignation would be worth the price of admission.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: December 12, 2016 19:09

Bliss is treading on very dangerous water. Virtually everything she writes about me is wrong and can be easily disproved. In or out of a court of law.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 12, 2016 19:40

This thread will soon contain "The Funniest Post You Have Ever Seen Here" smoking smiley

"You! No YOU!"
"Stop pulling my hair, you b!tch!" >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-12 19:41 by dcba.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 12, 2016 21:15

....i fought dis thread was suppose to be about FUNNIEST POSTS

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MichaelLassen ()
Date: December 12, 2016 21:28

[iorr.org]

For me the nightmare gig thread kills me every time I look for it

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: December 12, 2016 21:49

Rockman

Now, that's funny!smoking smiley

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: December 13, 2016 00:49

note to self- when ya gonna learn to stay out of this stuff? ya big dummy

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-13 04:52 by HankM.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: December 13, 2016 01:24

Rockman

The whole "f*ck you, Gazza, will ya!" thread was pretty epic, but I can't hunt it down.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 13, 2016 01:28

The funniest post due to the funniest joke.............[iorr.org]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 13, 2016 01:29

with sssoul

I love this one: [iorr.org]

I really love that post! And I want Naturalust to know it -
it's great to see your typeface, sweetie! xox :E

grinning smiley

Date: December 13, 2016 10:52

Bliss
Swayed67, I've been on this board for 10 years. You arrived..yesterday. Who are you to tell anyone what to do?

Weak and frankly disappointing response (playing the seniority card?? LOL).

I understand it’s not easy to admit that your motives for posting on this thread were base but believe me it is your only honorable path. Surely such a seasoned and esteemed member of this board will do the right thing.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1654
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home