Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: First song Keith played in live
Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: December 8, 2016 19:53

Mathijs
There are no contracts or rules or whatever for Jagger to leave the stage. For 1981 and 1982 Jagger stayed for the first part of T&A during many shows, either dancing or singing backup, then left to change clothing to the shirt with the scarf tucked in before Tumbling Dice.

Mathijs

That is why I remember it as him leaving the stage (I'm talking Philly show #1), because then he came out with a change of outfit, understandable for how much he was running around & likely sweating.

I also loved the Happy bootlegs from '78 & earlier shows, where you can hear Mick on backup vocals, so I recall being disappointed Mick didn't stay to sing backup. I would have remembered if he just hung around on the stage (not to mention, when would he have time to change outfits?).

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: December 9, 2016 01:45

LeonidP
just remembered ... there was a fairly large group of women, about 20 or more, that were handing out anti-Stones flyers, claiming them as sexists, quoting lyrics from Under My Thumb. Sorry, but after a couple years wait, and then suffering thru several hours of traffic, and it being my first ever Stones show, I wouldn't care if they were supporting ISIS, i was going to see them.

lol thumbs up

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: December 9, 2016 01:58

LeonidP

There are no contracts or rules or whatever for Jagger to leave the stage. For 1981 and 1982 Jagger stayed for the first part of T&A during many shows, either dancing or singing backup, then left to change clothing to the shirt with the scarf tucked in before Tumbling Dice.

Mathijs

That is why I remember it as him leaving the stage (I'm talking Philly show #1), because then he came out with a change of outfit, understandable for how much he was running around & likely sweating.

I also loved the Happy bootlegs from '78 & earlier shows, where you can hear Mick on backup vocals, so I recall being disappointed Mick didn't stay to sing backup. I would have remembered if he just hung around on the stage (not to mention, when would he have time to change outfits?).

Re: Philly 1981 - I'm pretty sure Mick did not change outfit at all. I remember him in the red tank top and white football pants throughout the whole gig.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Date: December 9, 2016 13:30

HonkeyTonkFlash

Mathijs

Re: Philly 1981 - I'm pretty sure Mick did not change outfit at all. I remember him in the red tank top and white football pants throughout the whole gig.

Well he wore basically the same thing all tour, didn't he? Just different colors. Anyway it's not easy to find, I did a search. I found some keith videos from '81 singing Little T&A and Mick is not in them. Not proof, I know, but here is an example from Hampton (and the way I remember it in Phili)
[www.youtube.com]

Date: December 9, 2016 13:33

The only time I've seen Mick on stage for Little T+A was on the Leeds 82-gig.

Date: December 10, 2016 07:00

hopkins

just remembered ... there was a fairly large group of women, about 20 or more, that were handing out anti-Stones flyers, claiming them as sexists, quoting lyrics from Under My Thumb. Sorry, but after a couple years wait, and then suffering thru several hours of traffic, and it being my first ever Stones show, I wouldn't care if they were supporting ISIS, i was going to see them.

lol thumbs up

The funny part was one of my friends ... as we were hustling past to get to the entrance, one lady from that group said, something to the effect of: "You realize The Rolling Stones songs are degrading to women."

... and without skipping a beat my friend just yells back, without even glancing at her, "yes, that's why we're here" ... I remember she had a repulsive look on her face, LOL!

Date: December 10, 2016 16:36

LeonidP

Mathijs

Well he wore basically the same thing all tour, didn't he? Just different colors. Anyway it's not easy to find, I did a search. I found some keith videos from '81 singing Little T&A and Mick is not in them. Not proof, I know, but here is an example from Hampton (and the way I remember it in Phili)
[www.youtube.com]

I think Mick started changing some clothes later in the tour but at that first gig there were no changes.

Date: December 10, 2016 17:20

HonkeyTonkFlash

Mathijs

[www.youtube.com]

I think Mick started changing some clothes later in the tour but at that first gig there were no changes.

You think that why? You're stating it as a fact, however I can't find an earlier video from the tour to verify. That was the first tour that Mick basically choreographed every thing he did, for the most part he did the same thing for those shows, from when he would run from one side of the stage to the other during the same songs, etc. I find it hard to believe they did things differently the first couple, but it certainly is possible.

In my memory, I can recall him coming out, with at least a new shirt.

Date: December 13, 2016 19:56

just a quick follow up ... I saw my friend last night, and as he was with me for that '81 JFK first night performance, without any leading, I asked "remember our first Stones show at JFK, when Keith sang Little T & A ... was Mick on stage with him during the song?"

He immediately replied "No, not at all". I wouldn't say 100% case-closed, but I'm pretty convinced myself.

Date: December 13, 2016 23:35

LeonidP
just a quick follow up ... I saw my friend last night, and as he was with me for that '81 JFK first night performance, without any leading, I asked "remember our first Stones show at JFK, when Keith sang Little T & A ... was Mick on stage with him during the song?"

He immediately replied "No, not at all". I wouldn't say 100% case-closed, but I'm pretty convinced myself.

I know memories can be tricky after all these years but I recall pretty vividly Mick stepping down to the lower front part of the stage and dancing and pointing at Keith during the start of T&A. After that, I didn't see until it was time for the next song. For whatever it's worth, two friends who were with me share that memory.

Date: December 14, 2016 00:05

HonkeyTonkFlash

I know memories can be tricky after all these years ...

We agree on that part anyway

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1942
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home