Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
First song Keith played in live
Posted by: O2 ()
Date: December 6, 2016 14:55

Hi

Anybody knows when and wich song Keith played alone on stage for first time with Stones...?

Thank You

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-06 15:09 by O2.

Re: First song Keith played in live
Date: December 6, 2016 15:10

With the Stones:

Marquee Club, London, England – July 12, 1962 – Setlist

Kansas City
Baby What's Wrong
Confessin' the Blues
Bright Lights, Big City
Dust My Broom
Down the Road Apiece
I Just Want To Make Love To You
Bad Boy
I Ain't Got You
Hush Hush
Ride 'Em on Down
Kind of Lonesome
Blues Before Sunrise
Big Boss Man
Don't Stay Out All Night
Tell Me That You Love Me
Happy Home
Doing the Crawdaddy
Got My Mojo Working

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-07 10:02 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: December 6, 2016 15:18

I don't think that's what he meant, Dandy!
I think he's looking for the first time Keef did his "solo" spot during a Stones gig.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: December 6, 2016 15:19

Deltics
I don't think that's what he meant, Dandy!
I think he's looking for the first time Keef did his "solo" spot during a Stones gig.

Hi Deltics yes you are right !!!!

Thank You

Date: December 6, 2016 15:23

He he, I missed the word «alone» grinning smiley

Well, he sang the first verse to a pre-recorded track on Salt Of The Earth on Rock'n'Roll Circus.

He sang Happy, backed by Mick, on stage for the first time in Vancouver 1972.

But the first time he had the stage for himself (sans Mick) was on Little T+A in Philly (September 25) 1981.

I hope that helped a bit more smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-06 15:25 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: December 6, 2016 15:25

DandelionPowderman

Well, he sang the first verse to a pre-recorded track on Salt Of The Earth on Rock'n'Roll Circus.

He sang Happy, backed by Mick, on stage for the first time in 1972.

But the first time he had the stage for himself (sans Mick) was on Little T+A in 1981.

smiling smiley THANKS DandelionPowderman....

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: December 6, 2016 15:53

DandelionPowderman

Kind of Lonesome (Question: Is this Blue And Lonesome?)

I did not know this, but searched and found:

According to
[www.allmusic.com]
where one album is the top left, containing material listed on
[www.allmusic.com]
it is a Jimmy Reed song.

What is also said more directly, but with no nearer source given, at
[www.setlist.fm]

Date: December 6, 2016 15:56

Witness
DandelionPowderman

Kind of Lonesome (Question: Is this Blue And Lonesome?)

I did not know this, but searched and found:

According to
[www.allmusic.com]
where one album is the top left, containing material listed on
[www.allmusic.com]
it is a Jimmy Reed song.

What is also said more directly, but with no nearer source given, at
[www.setlist.fm]

Thanks. A totally different tune smiling smiley

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 6, 2016 17:58

DandelionPowderman

But the first time he had the stage for himself (sans Mick) was on Little T+A in Philly (September 25) 1981.

I was there for that ,right up front on the barricade in Keith's face and it was glorious !!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: December 6, 2016 18:21

quote] I was there for that ,right up front on the barricade in Keith's face and it was glorious !!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Now that's a post that needs to be expanded on!!
give us some memories Greek!

Date: December 6, 2016 18:24

TheGreek
DandelionPowderman

I was there for that ,right up front on the barricade in Keith's face and it was glorious !!!!!!!!!!!!

In Philly, I presume?

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: December 6, 2016 23:43

DandelionPowderman

I was at that gig and I'm pretty sure I recall Mick dancing around and pointing at Keith singing T&A. Don't think Keith had laid down the "No Mick when I'm singing" law at that point.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: ab ()
Date: December 7, 2016 04:18

I thought it was written into one of 81 tour contracts that Jagger couldn't be onstage during Keef's lead vocal turn. He wasn't at the two 81 shows I attended (11/12 and 12/7).

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: December 7, 2016 07:16

HonkeyTonkFlash
Don't think Keith had laid down the "No Mick when I'm singing" law at that point.
ab
I thought it was written into one of 81 tour contracts that Jagger couldn't be onstage during Keef's lead vocal turn. He wasn't at the two 81 shows I attended (11/12 and 12/7).

Really? I didn't know that was a rule. I guess that makes sense. I guess I just assumed Mick goes off cause he needs a breather.

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: December 7, 2016 08:29

RollingFreak
HonkeyTonkFlash
Don't think Keith had laid down the "No Mick when I'm singing" law at that point.
ab

Really? I didn't know that was a rule. I guess that makes sense. I guess I just assumed Mick goes off cause he needs a breather.

Or a banana.

Date: December 7, 2016 08:30

Mick stayed on stage for the first chorus in Leeds 82 as well.

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: December 7, 2016 09:15

RollingFreak
HonkeyTonkFlash
ab

I thought the rule is Keith's dressing room has to be 110% away and out of ear shot from Micks back stage vocal warm ups

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: December 7, 2016 09:26

DandelionPowderman
With the Stones:

Marquee Club, London, England – July 12, 1962 – Setlist

Kansas City

It was fun to hear Mick splain this last year before they played KC live in KC
..."And we are not kidding... that's for real..."

[youtu.be]

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: December 7, 2016 09:59

Basically OT, but that Marquee setlist ^^^ is totally awesome, and brings back a whole era for me! smiling smiley

Posted by: Harry ()
Date: December 7, 2016 11:14

What about live version of "Sure the one you need" on 1975 Stones tour? Milwaukee for example.

Date: December 7, 2016 11:18

Harry
What about live version of "Sure the one you need" on 1975 Stones tour? Milwaukee for example.

Great one, but not the first.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: December 7, 2016 15:18

Seriously, does Mick take a break (his idea) or does Keith just want him offstage.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: December 7, 2016 16:00

HonkeyTonkFlash
DandelionPowderman

I was at that gig and I'm pretty sure I recall Mick dancing around and pointing at Keith singing T&A. Don't think Keith had laid down the "No Mick when I'm singing" law at that point.

I was there too, but sorry, your memory fades, it was Keith without Mick onstage ... uh, that is unless my memory fades.

BTW, that was my first ever Stones gig!

Date: December 7, 2016 16:05

You guys sound like the Oslo-crowd on the Sex Pistols-show at The Penguin Club in Oslo in 1976. The club's capacity was 140, or so, but everybody was there...

On a serious note, it must have been awesome seeing the ramshackle in Philly. Two legandaric shows smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-07 16:05 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: December 7, 2016 17:23

DandelionPowderman
You guys sound like the Oslo-crowd on the Sex Pistols-show at The Penguin Club in Oslo in 1976. The club's capacity was 140, or so, but everybody was there...

On a serious note, it must have been awesome seeing the ramshackle in Philly. Two legandaric shows smiling smiley

It was crazy! They played after, what I believe, was there longest hiatus at that point. I got into the Stones well after the '78 tour, so was not around for those wonderful shows ... although I've experienced them on many a bootleg (and now official) . However in that interlude, I had bought all the albums and several bootlegs at that point, so I knew their entire catalog by that point.

Anyway, I was at the first night, traffic was a nightmare, we had horrible seats far up in the upper deck, but we didn't care, it was our first ever Stones experience ... G Thorogood was good enough. I never liked Journey, not even at that point, we suffered through that set, the crowd was dead or at least where i was ... and then after a couple hours, the Stones came out to an unbelievable uproar.

And by coincidence, that seems to have been the first time Keith took the lead with no Mick on the stage, I think they did that for my benefit.

Date: December 7, 2016 17:24

LeonidP
DandelionPowderman

It was crazy! They played after, what I believe, was there longest hiatus at that point. I got into the Stones well after the '78 tour, so was not around for those wonderful shows ... although I've experienced them on many a bootleg (and now official) . However in that interlude, I had bought all the albums and several bootlegs at that point, so I knew their entire catalog by that point.

Anyway, I was at the first night, traffic was a nightmare, we had horrible seats far up in the upper deck, but we didn't care, it was our first ever Stones experience ... G Thorogood was good enough. I never liked Journey, not even at that point, we suffered through that set, the crowd was dead or at least where i was ... and then after a couple hours, the Stones came out to an unbelievable uproar.

And by coincidence, that seems to have been the first time Keith took the lead with no Mick on the stage, I think they did that for my benefit.

thumbs up

Date: December 7, 2016 17:33

just remembered ... there was a fairly large group of women, about 20 or more, that were handing out anti-Stones flyers, claiming them as sexists, quoting lyrics from Under My Thumb. Sorry, but after a couple years wait, and then suffering thru several hours of traffic, and it being my first ever Stones show, I wouldn't care if they were supporting ISIS, i was going to see them.

Date: December 7, 2016 23:40

I was at that Philly show too and I think Mick stayed on stage while Keith sang. Saw them in New Orleans and Atlanta in 81 also. In NO - I think Jagger left. But in ATL he also stayed.

I have read somewhere that now there is some rule that Jagger is supposed to leave when Keith sings, but I wonder if that is the writer's embellishment. I eman - why wold some really do that?

Date: December 7, 2016 23:40

I was at that Philly show too and I think Mick stayed on stage while Keith sang. Saw them in New Orleans and Atlanta in 81 also. In NO - I think Jagger left. But in ATL he also stayed.

I have read somewhere that now there is some rule that Jagger is supposed to leave when Keith sings, but I wonder if that is the writer's embellishment. I mean - why wold some really do that?

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: December 8, 2016 14:51

There are no contracts or rules or whatever for Jagger to leave the stage. For 1981 and 1982 Jagger stayed for the first part of T&A during many shows, either dancing or singing backup, then left to change clothing to the shirt with the scarf tucked in before Tumbling Dice.

Mathijs

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1118
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home