Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 32
Re: Stones at number One
Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: December 13, 2016 00:36

DGA:
Australia and Canada are big geographically but not big population wise. Australia has around 24 million and Canada has around 35 million. It would be great when you update the charts to perhaps also list what gold/platinum numbers are for the countries. In Canada, gold is 50k and platinum is 100k.[/quote]

The Netherlands only got a 17 million population and are very small geographically, but still 52.000 BLUE & LONESOME copies sold here the first week.

Looks like Australia and Canada people are not interested in buying music anymore or are they only downlowding it illegal?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-13 08:11 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 13, 2016 00:54

RipThisBone
DGA:
Australia and Canada are big geographically but not big population wise. Australia has around 24 million and Canada has around 35 million. It would be great when you update the charts to perhaps also list what gold/platinum numbers are for the countries. In Canada, gold is 50k and platinum is 100k.

The Netherlands only got a 17 million population and are very small georaphically, but still 52.000 BLUE & LONESOME copies sold here the first week.

Looks like Australia and Canada people are not interested in buying music anymore or are they only downlowding it illegal?

Those are impressive numbers! Using the same ratios, The Netherlands have got 5% of the population of the US yet sold almost 50% of what the US did! When I bought my copy the day it came out, I went to my local Walmart superstore. They didn't even have it on the shelf. The young girl behind the counter had no idea. I ended up going to London Drugs, the only other place in town where they sell new releases. They had 2 copies there!

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: December 13, 2016 10:58

Maybe the fans in the Netherlands are more supportive because the group's business affairs have been based there for the last 45 years.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: December 13, 2016 12:08

jlowe
Maybe the fans in the Netherlands are more supportive because the group's business affairs have been based there for the last 45 years.

Nope.
We just love good music.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: December 13, 2016 17:08

UK Midweek update (Friday/Monday)

#1 54.5k Michael Ball & Alfie Boe
#2 41.8k Rolling Stones
#3 36.5k Little Mix
#4 33.8k Elvis Presley
#5 29.5k Olly Murs

It looks like it will be #2 or #3 this week but with over 60k sold eye popping smiley

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 13, 2016 19:00

georgelicks

#2 41.8k Rolling Stones
#3 36.5k Little Mix
#4 33.8k Elvis Presley
#5 29.5k Olly Murs

It looks like it will be #2 or #3 this week but with over 60k sold eye popping smiley

thumbs up
Go on to 1 million worldwide!

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: December 13, 2016 19:22

KRiffhard

#2 41.8k Rolling Stones
#3 36.5k Little Mix
#4 33.8k Elvis Presley
#5 29.5k Olly Murs

thumbs up
Go on to 1 million worldwide!

Maybe 1 million will be sold till Xmas

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-13 19:49 by 1962.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 14, 2016 01:00

DGA35

The list so far...

Incl. sales figures... special thanks to georgelicks!

Please add to make complete.

NUMBER 1:

******WORLD WIDE number 1 for sure*****!!!

UK.................................. 106.000
Germany........................ 100.000 +
Sweden
The Netherlands............. 50.000 +
Belgium
Norway
Australia......................... 18.370
Argentina

Number 2:
France............................. 52.000
Canada............................. 19.000

Number 3:
Japan................................22.427

Number 4:
USA.................................123.000
Italia
Ireland

Still surprised with the low sales figures gettig to no. 1 in big countries like Australia and Candada

Australia and Canada are big geographically but not big population wise. Australia has around 24 million and Canada has around 35 million. It would be great when you update the charts to perhaps also list what gold/platinum numbers are for the countries. In Canada, gold is 50k and platinum is 100k.

And THEN, if it's not too much trouble, if you could also include the names of everyone who has bought the album, then... ;-/.

Rod

Date: December 14, 2016 01:03

Blue and Lonesome (and their songs) are all over the Billboard charts this week:

The Billboard 200
#4 Blue and Lonesome

Top Album Sales (Physical sales only)
#2 Blue and Lonesome

Top Rock Albums
#1 Blue and Lonesome

Top Blues Albums
#1 Blue and Lonesome

Vinyl Albums
#1 Blue and Lonesome

Top Internet Albums
#1 Blue and Lonesome

Digital Albums
#3 Blue and Lonesome

Hot Rock Songs
#20 Ride 'Em On Down
#49 Just Your Fool

Triple A Airplay
#29 Just Your Fool

Billboard Blues Digital Song Sales
#1 Ride 'Em On Down
#2 I Can't Quit You Baby
#4 Blue And Lonesome
#5 Little Rain
#6 Just Your Fool
#8 All Your Love
#10 Just Like I Treat You
#11 Everybody Knows About My Good Thing
#15 Commit A Crime

Hate To See You Go is out this week with so many debuts, but the song reached #1 and spent 6 weeks on the Top 15.
All the tracks from B&L except 2 (I Gotta Go and Hoo Doo Blues) made this chart.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 14, 2016 01:06

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up.......................................smileys with beer

Date: December 14, 2016 01:24

More debuts:

#1 Czech Republic
#1 Swiss
#2 Denmark
#2 New Zealand
#4 Greece
#5 Finland

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 14, 2016 03:44

georgelicks

#2 41.8k Rolling Stones
#3 36.5k Little Mix
#4 33.8k Elvis Presley
#5 29.5k Olly Murs

Elvis?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 14, 2016 03:51

Koen
georgelicks

#2 41.8k Rolling Stones
#3 36.5k Little Mix
#4 33.8k Elvis Presley
#5 29.5k Olly Murs

Elvis?

The Wonder of You, a new release.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 14, 2016 05:08

Cristiano Radtke

The Wonder of You, a new release. The Wonder of You, a new Elvis release

"Elvis Presley’s The Wonder Of You focuses on the iconic artist’s unmistakable voice with lush new orchestral accompaniment". - Elvis

Seems a bit odd,has anybody heard any of this?
Sounds like something my mom would have loved!

"If Elvis stays on the throne at week’s end, he’ll make history for the most U.K. No. 1 albums for any solo artist (13).
Presley current holds 12 career No. 1s in the market, equal with Madonna. The Beatles own the record for the most No. 1s on the national chart with 15".

Hope Elvis can do it!!! thumbs up

Date: December 14, 2016 05:16

Projected US sales for the second week are 30-35k sold, it should chart around #15 on the Billboard 200.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: December 14, 2016 15:02

-Guess you already know, but straight in to no. 1 in Norway in it`s first week! Phantastic!

[lista.vg.no]

Date: December 14, 2016 15:12

UK midweek update (Friday/Tuesday)

1. Michael & Alfie (66.8k)
2. Rolling Stones (49.8k)
3. Little Mix (44.4k)

Second week sales of 65-70k, a really impressive number.

Date: December 14, 2016 15:25

noughties
-Guess you already know, but straight in to no. 1 in Norway in it`s first week! Phantastic!

[lista.vg.no]

Yes.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: December 14, 2016 16:46

georgelicks
Projected US sales for the second week are 30-35k sold, it should chart around #15 on the Billboard 200.

Pathetic. thumbs down

Posted by: perosand ()
Date: December 14, 2016 17:41

The list so far...

Incl. sales figures... special thanks to georgelicks!

Please add to make complete.

NUMBER 1:

******WORLD WIDE number 1 for sure*****!!!

UK.................................. 106.000
Germany........................ 100.000 +
Sweden
The Netherlands............. 50.000 +
Belgium
Norway
Australia......................... 18.370
Argentina
Czech Republic
Swiss

Number 2:
France............................. 52.000
Canada............................. 19.000
Denmark
New Zealand

Number 3:
Japan................................22.427

Number 4:
USA.................................123.000
Italia
Ireland
Greece

Number 5:
Finland

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: December 14, 2016 18:34

Just saw Global Chart (Mediatraffic). It's first page still refers to previous week, but the Chart include the new one. Well, "L and B" is #1, of course. But the number reported, 477,000 units, I think is smaller than the real number. It seems like Mediatraffic has ONLY counted the sales coming from 7-8 countries. What about the rest, georgelicks? I suppose it will be counted on second's week number- right?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 14, 2016 18:46

From Vintage Vinyl News...

The Rolling Stones Debut at Number 4, Lowest For a Studio Album Since 1986

by VVN Music

The Rolling Stones have a fine debut for their new all-blues album Blue & Lonesome, but not quite as good as originally predicted.
The album starts this week at number 4, not a bad position for what is a fairly esoteric album; however, it is the lowest that one of their studio albums has gone on the Billboard 200 in 30 years.
In 1986, Dirty Work peaked at the same number 4 but, since then, they have had:

Steel Wheels (1989 / #3)
Voodoo Lounge (1994 / #2)
Bridges to Babylon (1997 / #3)
A Bigger Bang (2005 / #3)

That's not to say that Blue & Lonesome isn't an achievement, both creatively and commercially, but the numbers tell the story.
Blue & Lonesome started at the top of the charts in the U.K., Australia, Germany, the Netherlands, Norway and Sweden. The Rolling Stones' last number 1 album in the U.S. was 1981's Tattoo You.
The album did make it to the top of the U.S. Tastemaker Albums, Rock Albums and Blues Albums charts.

Date: December 14, 2016 19:05

laertisflash
Just saw Global Chart (Mediatraffic). It's first page still refers to previous week, but the Chart include the new one. Well, "L and B" is #1, of course. But the number reported, 477,000 units, I think is smaller than the real number. It seems like Mediatraffic has ONLY counted the sales coming from 7-8 countries. What about the rest, georgelicks? I suppose it will be counted on second's week number- right?

Just like I said, Mediatraffic does a good job but their totals are not correct in any case. We can add about 15-20% to their totals, that's a good estimate.

Posted by: Idorh ()
Date: December 14, 2016 19:07

It's just madness to 10 years comparing sales and back for that. It is now the Internet and digital world. Now widely downloaded and watched on youtube and listened. There is a clear difference with previous albums on reviews. This day in 2016 the album is blue and lonely with all its numbers globally acclaimed by critics and fans.
Gr Bert.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 14, 2016 19:40

laertisflash

thumbs up

Posted by: howlingmad ()
Date: December 14, 2016 21:18

Hairball
"Elvis Presley’s The Wonder Of You focuses on the iconic artist’s unmistakable voice with lush new orchestral accompaniment". - Elvis

Seems a bit odd,has anybody heard any of this?

It's actually a sequel to last year's "If I Can Dream" album. The concept takes original Elvis vocals and pairs them with newly-recorded music from the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. As you can imagine, the approach seems to work best with ballads and songs that originally featured strings as a backing arrangement.

Idorh
It's just madness to 10 years comparing sales and back for that. It is now the Internet and digital world.

Yes, 10 years ago Billboard didn't even include digital sales. If they still had that model (which didn't change until around 2013), B&L would've apparently debuted at #2 in the US based on pure album sales.

Regardless, it's definitely a little surprising to see anyone trying to spin this result as a disappointment. No one was expecting this kind of success for a new Stones release, let alone an all-blues covers albums at Christmastime.

Date: December 14, 2016 22:12

Speaking about Stones studio albums and considering the difference of the sales level between eras, I think "Blue and Lonesome" is on of the three best received (by the general public) band's material in the last 35 years. The aother two are "Tattoo You" and "Voodoo Lounge". Georgelicks can confirm or deny my opinion.

Date: December 14, 2016 22:17

... But why on earth "Mediatraffic Global Chart" still has last week's numbers on it's editorial??? I can't wait to see the Stones on it.

(I know, it's only my childish enthousiasm, but I like it...)

Posted by: perosand ()
Date: December 14, 2016 22:49

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: December 14, 2016 23:04

perosand
[www.mediatraffic.de]

hot smiley

It's Only No. 1 World Wide (but I like it) !!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-14 23:05 by RipThisBone.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 32

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1664
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home