Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 32
Re: Stones at number One
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 8, 2016 17:00

georgelicks

There's no official chart yet

Not in Germany ....

Irix

In Germany Blue & Lonesome is official #1 in the album midweek charts (7-Dec-2016): [www.VIVA.tv] .

(VIVA uses the official data from GfK Entertainment)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-08 17:25 by Irix.

Date: December 8, 2016 17:03

Irix

There's no official chart yet

Not in Germany ....

What do you mean, Irix?

Date: December 8, 2016 17:15

DandelionPowderman

What do you mean, Irix?

As georgelicks wrote, normally the Charts for the week will be published Fridays.

But Germany's private TV-Music-Broadcaster VIVA publishes first official data for the new week already on Wednesday (based on the GfK Entertainment data).

The official data for the whole week are in Germany available on Friday: [www.offiziellecharts.de] (by GfK Entertainment) as well as: [www.charts.de] (by mediacontrol).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-08 17:25 by Irix.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: December 8, 2016 17:41

MIDWEEK chart people, just like in the UK.
No official chart will be released until tomorrow at least, we're still on the tracking week.

Date: December 8, 2016 17:51

UK MIDWEEK UPDATE (Friday/Wednesday)

1 Rolling Stones - Blue & Lonesome (95.8k)
2 Michael Ball & Alfie Boe - Together (59.4k)
3 Little Mix - Glory Days (47.2)

8.7k sold yesterday, it should end up the week around 103-105k with today's sales.

Date: December 8, 2016 18:00

georgelicks

MIDWEEK chart people, just like in the UK.

Yes, but they're a good trend indicator ....

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: December 8, 2016 23:04

georgelicks
UK MIDWEEK UPDATE (Friday/Wednesday)

1 Rolling Stones - Blue & Lonesome (95.8k)
2 Michael Ball & Alfie Boe - Together (59.4k)
3 Little Mix - Glory Days (47.2)

8.7k sold yesterday, it should end up the week around 103-105k with today's sales.

Michael Ball and Alfie Boe ( confused smiley Who?????) came a bit closer to THE ROLLING STONES in sales...

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 8, 2016 23:08

The vinyl edition of Blue and Lonesome is already out of stock in several Amazon websites around the world. I may be wrong, but the only country where this record is still available through Amazon is Canada, because the record is on pre-order over there.

Re: ..Stones at number One..
Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: December 8, 2016 23:43

GasLightStreet
Jagger is clearly stuck in a shiny mentality ie contemporary. His excuses for making new albums has always been a load of crap. Keith is the one that's said all along let's stick to what we do best. Mick has made them contemporary ("compete" is ridiculous) with bizarre results. Miss You and Emotional Rescue worked. Undercover Of The Night and Too Much Blood worked (and were at least inventive in terms of being original). What Mick did on BRIDGES was ridiculous (and by no means inventive like anything they did for UNDERCOVER).

People don't want to hear the Stones behind the times trying to sound like (enter last month's trend setter here).

What Mick forgot about being contemporary is that in order for it to be a success it has to be good.

Keith was right. As BLUE & LONESOME proves.

the most brainwashed people i've ever seen outside of maybe military captures and scientologists are keithettes.all he has to do is hint at something in an interview and they are off to the races"keith wants real rock and roll,keith want the blues,keith wants the band to go back to it's roots"

i see the talk,where was the fcking music?-he's had chances to put 1 song,2 songs and even 3 of his own songs on the last few stones albums and what does he do? kick out some great rock and roll riffs?,do some original blues? no,he croaked out unlistenable ballads over and over and over again.they are sleep inducing..the names are interchangable and they all sound the same.

on bigger bang jagger brought out an old danelectro and played some of the best blues we've heard from the stones in years."the storm" is a mick song,"down in the hole" was a mick song,stop breaking down was a mick cover,break the spell from steel wheels was micks-in fact when did keith do a blues on a stones album last,let it bleed?

but i guess saying something in an interview is more important than actually doing it.

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: December 9, 2016 00:04

I am hoping the momentum of this inspires them to go to greater heights in 2017.
I hope this victory inspires them to complete 10-15 GREAT songs for the other new album. I visualize celebrating Mick and Melanies bundle of joy, celebrating the holidays, ringing in the New Year... and then come out swinging mid January. Get together and create some old school bluesy rock and roll Stones songs and make their best album ever.

Date: December 9, 2016 00:13

HankM
I am hoping the momentum of this inspires them to go to greater heights in 2017.
I hope this victory inspires them to complete 10-15 GREAT songs for the other new album. I visualize celebrating Mick and Melanies bundle of joy, celebrating the holidays, ringing in the New Year... and then come out swinging mid January. Get together and create some old school bluesy rock and roll Stones songs and make their best album ever.

Total running time of BLUE and LONESOME is 42 minutes That is one of the many positives of this great album to keep in mind.

A 12-14 song BIGGER BANG would have been a better ALBUM too. There is too much filler on it.

Date: December 9, 2016 15:59

First official debut:

Japan Oricon
3 (NEW) Blue & Lonesome (22,427 / 22,427)

Date: December 9, 2016 16:05

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-09 16:10 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: December 9, 2016 16:14

???

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: December 9, 2016 16:17

Ride 'Em On Down number 1 in the UK vinyl singles chart.

[www.officialcharts.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: December 9, 2016 16:19

UK chart debut and final sales coming in late today.

Date: December 9, 2016 16:21

latest expectations?

Date: December 9, 2016 16:25

latest expectations?

The Rolling Stones' Blue & Lonesome is charging towards this week's Official Albums Chart Number 1

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 9, 2016 16:46

Deltics

latest expectations?

The Rolling Stones' Blue & Lonesome is charging towards this week's Official Albums Chart Number 1

# 1 Germany
# 1 U.K.

smileys with beer
hot smiley

Date: December 9, 2016 16:53

final sales coming in late today

Posted by: JumpinJimF ()
Date: December 9, 2016 16:56

I spotted a Blue and Lonesome poster spotted at Newark (UK not NJ) railway station today (of course I was taking someone to the station to put them on a train).

As they are bothering to promote the album to those of us in what Ronnie calls "the provinces" then I've Got No Many Expectations that it will be No. 1 by the end of today.

Date: December 9, 2016 17:25

Nothing has changed in Germany compared to the Midweek-Charts (7-Dec-2016) -- Blue & Lonesome is still #1 :

[www.offiziellecharts.de] (Data by GfK Entertainment)

[www.charts.de] (Data by media control)

It's btw the 10th official #1 for The Rolling Stones in the german Album-Charts: [www.Facebook.com] .

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-10 13:00 by Irix.

Date: December 9, 2016 17:50

JumpinJimF

Blue & Lonesome No. 1
Weihnachten No. 2

It's official, the Stones are bigger than Christmas now.

smileys with beer

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 9, 2016 17:59

lem motlow
GasLightStreet
Jagger is clearly stuck in a shiny mentality ie contemporary. His excuses for making new albums has always been a load of crap. Keith is the one that's said all along let's stick to what we do best. Mick has made them contemporary ("compete" is ridiculous) with bizarre results. Miss You and Emotional Rescue worked. Undercover Of The Night and Too Much Blood worked (and were at least inventive in terms of being original). What Mick did on BRIDGES was ridiculous (and by no means inventive like anything they did for UNDERCOVER).

People don't want to hear the Stones behind the times trying to sound like (enter last month's trend setter here).

What Mick forgot about being contemporary is that in order for it to be a success it has to be good.

Keith was right. As BLUE & LONESOME proves.

the most brainwashed people i've ever seen outside of maybe military captures and scientologists are keithettes.all he has to do is hint at something in an interview and they are off to the races"keith wants real rock and roll,keith want the blues,keith wants the band to go back to it's roots"

i see the talk,where was the fcking music?-he's had chances to put 1 song,2 songs and even 3 of his own songs on the last few stones albums and what does he do? kick out some great rock and roll riffs?,do some original blues? no,he croaked out unlistenable ballads over and over and over again.they are sleep inducing..the names are interchangable and they all sound the same.

on bigger bang jagger brought out an old danelectro and played some of the best blues we've heard from the stones in years."the storm" is a mick song,"down in the hole" was a mick song,stop breaking down was a mick cover,break the spell from steel wheels was micks-in fact when did keith do a blues on a stones album last,let it bleed?

but i guess saying something in an interview is more important than actually doing it.

You miss the point. It's not a Keithette thing, it's observation: so what if there's the odd blues that Mick brings or your ignorant view on Keith's tunes. What Mick did on BRIDGES is nowhere near as good as what Keith did on BRIDGES.

Down In The Hole is not a "Mick song". The Storm is one of 3 that Mick wrote in 10 minutes. You make it sound like he wrote an opera. And what difference does it make who sings it? That's irrelevant. "When did Keith do a blues on a Stones album last". What a dumb point. The shame of what you point out is the whole point: Mick is great at doing blues. I'm Not Signifying is one of their best ever blues.

To get Jagger to come around to doing a blues album is astounding considering all of his bitching about being modern and not wanting to do blues. Not good at modern, good at blues. Duh.

Saying something in an interview and actually doing it made the difference this time: they actually recorded a good album. Doing what the Stones do being the point.

Date: December 9, 2016 18:02

thumbs up No. 1 in The Netherlands, I just checked the new charts

Date: December 9, 2016 18:13

No. 1 in the UK

[www.officialcharts.com]

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 9, 2016 18:25

smileys with beer

Date: December 9, 2016 18:40

Georgelicks,

Have you got any info about sales numbers?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-09 18:42 by 1962.

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: December 9, 2016 19:27

Georgelicks,

Have you got any info about sales numbers?

106 K in the UK according to officialcharts.com

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: December 9, 2016 19:32

At Tesco supermarket it's at no.12, yes 12confused smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 32

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1851
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home