Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 32
Re: Stones at number One
Posted by: HankM ()
Date: December 7, 2016 05:21

Final U.S projections are in:
1. The Hamilton Mixtape 190-200k
2. The Weeknd 150-155k
3. The Rolling Stones 120-125k
4. Pentatonix 116-121k
5. Childish Gambino 110-115k

I look at those words... and "The Rolling Stones" are the only words that make sense to me, the rest sound like, I dont know... menu items or iProducts or something... New bands these days seem to pick the oddest names.

Which reminds me...
I still wonder if a rolling stone gathers no moss, how do my always moving ceiling fan blades collect so much dust?

Re: ..Stones at number One..
Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: December 7, 2016 05:51

desertblues68
JohnnyBGoode
Book a club in New York and LA, play a 20 or 23 song setlist, and play the entire Blue & Lonesome album within the setlist. It can be done! Would make a great blu-ray and live album.

Why not London? And not for a corporation, but for us fans. Plus let us know on IORR so I can book annual leave firstgrinning smiley

A better suggestion would be to play at Hanging Rock to make up for the (twice) missed dates!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 7, 2016 13:50

Darn right , the Stones regain there rightfull throne on top of the billboard charts and then my WISH is for them to mount a massive WORLD tour and go out and play stadiums and arenas and just kill the live cocert industry only the way the Glimmer Twins know how to do and just leave everybody else in the dust of there wake .This rootin tootin album is so darn good and has me so fired up right now i can hardly speak .This is the album we have all been waiting for .Bravo Mick ,Keith , Charlie and Ronnie

Date: December 7, 2016 14:27

TheGreek
Darn right , the Stones regain there rightfull throne on top of the billboard charts and then my WISH is for them to mount a massive WORLD tour and go out and play stadiums and arenas and just kill the live cocert industry only the way the Glimmer Twins know how to do and just leave everybody else in the dust of there wake .This rootin tootin album is so darn good and has me so fired up right now i can hardly speak .This is the album we have all been waiting for .Bravo Mick ,Keith , Charlie and Ronnie

thumbs up

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: December 7, 2016 20:50

UK update (Friday/Tuesday)

1 Rolling Stones - Blue and Lonesome (87,069) *
2 Michael Ball & Alfie Boe - Together (48,831)
3 Little Mix - Glory Days (39,568)
4 Elvis Presley - The Wonder of You (38,370)
5 Olly Murs - 24 HRS (28,652)

Amazing numbers, the album will sell over 100k during the first week, no Stones album ever did that in homeland (40 Licks was close with 99,8k and that one debuted at #2 behind Elvis which sold 101.7k the same week)

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: December 8, 2016 00:00

Really impressive, georgelicks. Just curious - and for having a "figuring measure": what about the first week's numbers of Some Girs and Voodoo Lounge in Britain? I 'm asking because, if memory helps, SG is their best selling studio album ever and VL their best selling studio album of the so called 'modern era' (since 1989 or so).

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: December 8, 2016 00:31

georgelicks
UK update (Friday/Tuesday)

1 Rolling Stones - Blue and Lonesome (87,069) *
2 Michael Ball & Alfie Boe - Together (48,831)
3 Little Mix - Glory Days (39,568)
4 Elvis Presley - The Wonder of You (38,370)
5 Olly Murs - 24 HRS (28,652)

Amazing numbers, the album will sell over 100k during the first week, no Stones album ever did that in homeland (40 Licks was close with 99,8k and that one debuted at #2 behind Elvis which sold 101.7k the same week)

This is only normal and natural. The British people are proud of the boys and they show it by buying BLUE AND LONESOME to learn the non-believers a lesson.

LONG LIVE THE ROLLING STONES!!!

Date: December 8, 2016 00:46

laertisflash
Really impressive, georgelicks. Just curious - and for having a "figuring measure": what about the first week's numbers of Some Girs and Voodoo Lounge in Britain? I 'm asking because, if memory helps, SG is their best selling studio album ever and VL their best selling studio album of the so called 'modern era' (since 1989 or so).

The album charts were different pre-1989, it took 2-3 weeks for a new album to peak on the charts due to availability on the shops. Also album sales were lower than on the 90's or 00's.
From the modern era: Steel Wheels debuted at #2 with 38k sold, Flashpoint at #6 with 18k, Voodoo Lounge at #1 with 40k, Stripped at #9 with 28k, Bridges To Babylon at #6 with 30k, Forty Licks at #2 with 99k, ABB at #2 with 43k, Shine a Light at #2 with 23k, Exile at #1 on 2010 with 31k, GRRR at #3 with 39k.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 8, 2016 01:23

Hi Georgelicks, any numbers for Canada?

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: December 8, 2016 01:27

Even though the UK sales are quite phenomenal, the US is disappointing… Stones are currently in 50k mark (Sales + Streaming) and might debut at #5 on Billboard charts… Much below expectations… sad smiley

Date: December 8, 2016 02:21

wickerman
Even though the UK sales are quite phenomenal, the US is disappointing… Stones are currently in 50k mark (Sales + Streaming) and might debut at #5 on Billboard charts… Much below expectations… sad smiley

Don't take Hits' number as the real ones, also the last update (Friday) is the main one. Yet, the official numbers will be released on Sanday night.

Posted by: howlingmad ()
Date: December 8, 2016 06:10

georgelicks
Don't take Hits' number as the real ones, also the last update (Friday) is the main one. Yet, the official numbers will be released on Sanday night.

Does this mean the album is still projected to hit around 120-125k?

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 8, 2016 10:05

# 3 in U.S., # 1 in U.K and other countries...would be a great unexpected success for a blues album in 2016.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: December 8, 2016 11:03

Monday a saw a listing for Germany, # 3. But the official charts appear tomorrow. If two days availability are enough for # 3, then it will probably be # 1 or at least 2 in Germany.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 8, 2016 11:05

[www.youtube.com]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: December 8, 2016 11:23

"...a great unexpected success for a blues album in 2016".

KR, I think such a success would be absolutely impossible in 2016 as for any blues album, created by other artist(s). Only the Stones could do that...

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: December 8, 2016 11:28

laertisflash

KR, I think such a success would be absolutely impossible in 2016 as for any blues album, created by other artist(s). Only the Stones could do that...

the original mission of The Rolling Stones in 1962

and in 2016

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-08 11:30 by 1962.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: December 8, 2016 11:58

HankM
Which reminds me...
I still wonder if a rolling stone gathers no moss, how do my always moving ceiling fan blades collect so much dust?

Me too, I thought it was because I love at the bottom of the world, and that's where the dust settles ....

Date: December 8, 2016 12:28

laertisflash

KR, I think such a success would be absolutely impossible in 2016 as for any blues album, created by other artist(s). Only the Stones could do that...[/[/b]quote]

thumbs up
Yes, I agree with that.

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: December 8, 2016 13:11

midimannz
HankM
Which reminds me...

Me too, I thought it was because I live at the bottom of the world, and that's where the dust settles ....
grinning smiley

Jerry Seinfeld or someone needs to figure this out. "Whats the deal with dust collecting on fan blades?" smoking smiley

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: December 8, 2016 14:36

georgelicks

I know Hits projections differ a bit from final Billboard scores but still, top3 looks pretty unlikely for the Stones and saleswise the album is performing poorly in the US... If they end up below 100k in the first week, that's surely under expectations - the UK sales would be bigger, despite it's smaller market! Just to compare - Metallica's latest album (another big rock release this year) sold 291k in the US throughout the first week.

Date: December 8, 2016 14:38

wickerman

I know Hits projections differ a bit from final Billboard scores but still, top3 looks pretty unlikely for the Stones and saleswise the album is performing poorly in the US... If they end up below 100k in the first week, that's surely under expectations - the UK sales would be bigger, despite it's smaller market! Just to compare - Metallica's latest album (another big rock release this year) sold 291k in the US throughout the first week.

people need better taste

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: December 8, 2016 15:20

First off, those Hit’s numbers are not official and are often not correct. Beyond that, the chart is not complete and their numbers often change at the last second.

In no way are those numbers “under expectations” I could be wrong, but I thought the expectations in the United States were between 60-80k in first week sales. Not bad for a blues cover album...I’ve seen some rumors that the Stones are going to come close to 125k in U.S. sales in the first week, but that is not confirmed.

According to the Stones FB + Twitter account, Blue + Lonesome has topped the iTunes chart in 40 countries and it will easily be #1 on the official UK charts next week...It’s also possible that the album will be #1 on the World Chart. If that is the case, the Rolling Stones have the best selling album in the world in 2016...Hardly a disappointment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-08 15:21 by James Kirk.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 8, 2016 15:45

In Germany Blue & Lonesome is official #1 in the album midweek charts (7-Dec-2016): [www.VIVA.tv] .

(VIVA uses the official data from GfK Entertainment)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-08 16:05 by Irix.

Date: December 8, 2016 15:49

Irix
In Germany Blue & Lonesome is official #1 in the album midweek charts: [www.VIVA.tv] .

(VIVA uses the official Data from GfK Entertainment)

11. Havana Moon ???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-08 15:50 by 1962.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 8, 2016 16:00

11. Havana Moon ???

That's what the official GfK-Data say ....

In week 48/2016 Havana Moon was #20, in week 47/2016 #16, Peak was #4 on 18-Nov-2016: [www.offiziellecharts.de] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-08 16:25 by Irix.

Date: December 8, 2016 16:15

Irix
[i65.tinypic.com]

In Germany Blue & Lonesome is official #1 in the album midweek charts (7-Dec-2016): [www.VIVA.tv] .

First #1
smileys with beer

Date: December 8, 2016 16:52

There's not official chart yet, today's the last day of the week for the sales of Dec 2-8, the first charts (UK, Japan) will be released tomorrow.

Date: December 8, 2016 16:56

Irix
[i65.tinypic.com]

Good to see the Stones on top of the official charts thumbs up

Posted by: JumpinJimF ()
Date: December 8, 2016 16:58

Irix

Blue & Lonesome No. 1
Weihnachten No. 2

It's official, the Stones are bigger than Christmas now.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 32

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1908
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home