Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Ride 'Em On Down Video
Posted by: HankM ()
Date: December 5, 2016 04:22

Goodnight Socrates, sleep tight, just ignore the Zebra in your dreams and they will go away

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 5, 2016 04:26

Socrates1
hopkins
That Country Honk from Ole is so cool; they both still really sound great working off of each other with out all the mega glaze...

If the upcoming album, the one with new Jagger/Richrds material, could sound more like like "B&L" and that new 'Country Honk,' I think the Stones fans will rejoice.

What we don't want is the 'Doom & Gloom' sound. I always thought 'Doom & Gloom' was better live. But just listening to the studio version again, right after hearing 'Hate To See You Go,' makes me realize how perfect and organically-Stones the "B&L" sound really is. In comparison, 'Doom and Gloom' sounds like it was all recorded in pieces on a computer, with little drum pads and plastic guitars.

AMEN. thumbs up

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: December 5, 2016 04:37

Socrates1
... Leave it to me to get in a fight about a zebra on the internet, and I don't even know what the fight is about... This is when I turn the computer off. Goodnight, everybody!...

lol thumbs up

Date: December 5, 2016 04:40

grinning smileysmileys with beersmoking smiley These are the salad days in Stonesfanland

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 5, 2016 21:00

People get a hold of yourselves this is not the Vienna Philharmonic it's the freaking greatest rock and roll band in the world The Rolling Stones .The video is fun featuring a smoking hot lady Kristen Stewart who has the moves and the lolipop and a fast Mustang .What is not to like ? Along with the great track by the Stones getting down on the blues .Sometimes people take this stuff to serious .Lighten up because this is supposed to be fun .Which for me when i hear that music pumping and that girl grinding i am in BLISS hot smiley

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 5, 2016 21:04

Socrates1
hopkins
That Country Honk from Ole is so cool; they both still really sound great working off of each other with out all the mega glaze...

I happened to just watch the 'Doom & Gloom' video after the 'Hate to See You Go' video that Hank M. just posted.

If the upcoming album, the one with new Jagger/Richrds material, could sound more like like "B&L" and that new 'Country Honk,' I think the Stones fans will rejoice.

What we don't want is the 'Doom & Gloom' sound. I always thought 'Doom & Gloom' was better live. But just listening to the studio version again, right after hearing 'Hate To See You Go,' makes me realize how perfect and organically-Stones the "B&L" sound really is. In comparison, 'Doom and Gloom' sounds like it was all recorded in pieces on a computer, with little drum pads and plastic guitars.

As far as the zebra argument goes, I don't get it. Again, should people not mention zebras as they suddenly appear?

thumbs upthumbs up
We don't want another Doom and Gloom, Sweet Neo Con or Streets of Love...we want 'old school' stuff.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 5, 2016 21:35

whitem8
Well this really isn't about not being happy about everything in life, it is more a critical analysis of a band I love so much. Seems like its autopilot after a great album. I prefer the frist video. Just different tastes and perspectives. Alls good, the boys still rule! Coming out with this album is stunning. So much so, Mick Jagger is trying to downplay it in the interviews. He has that typical joyful Jagger contradictions that make him so compelling. He talks of the album with smiles and annimation, and then says he bored talking about it. Hilarous.

Visions of Johanna indeed. But wasn't it a donkey aka Get Yer Ya Yas Out.

Mick is hilarious (kind of) when he does that.
My take on it: it's a defensive mechanism to shield his privacy.
The most famous man in the world is a private person.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 5, 2016 21:48

Date: December 5, 2016 22:06

Poor ole Zebra, it looks kind of sad... and blue

Maybe the Zebra is out helping look for Eeyores tail...

Eeyore was always kind of sad and blue too....
Eeyore was never the same after he lost his tail sad smiley

Date: December 8, 2016 20:30

5,6 million views in 6 days.
Not bad!
smiling smiley

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: December 9, 2016 02:29

When Ride 'Em On Down comes on in my car, I find myself accelerating, having seen this video with the callipygian Kristen Stewart.

Date: December 9, 2016 04:14

Hmmmm, I would have guessed that meant someone from Callifornia... but I like that it means Nice a$$ more

Date: December 9, 2016 04:16

Tone Loc Sir Mix A Lot was a fan of callipygians

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 9, 2016 04:20

HankM

Eeyore was never the same after he lost his tail sad smiley
[assets-3.huggies-cdn.net]

[youtu.be]

Date: December 9, 2016 04:26

latebloomer
HankM

Eeyore was never the same after he lost his tail
sad smiley

[youtu.be]
winking smiley

Eeyore may not have felt like he was a callipygian, but he seemed OK with that smoking smileygrinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-09 04:27 by HankM.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: December 9, 2016 05:58

They went to a LOT of expense for nothing. They already had the vid, all they needed was to dub the song under it.
[www.youtube.com]

Date: December 9, 2016 07:14

hopkins
They went to a LOT of expense for nothing. They already had the vid, all they needed was to dub the song under it.
[www.youtube.com]

One thing is for sure, if they had done it this way it would have been free, Jack

Date: December 9, 2016 10:53

I love that car

This one came on earlier... had a familiar look to it.... the car at least
Fast Car Hot Gal Rock and Roll... Steve McQueen

[youtu.be]

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: December 9, 2016 12:18

I never really understood how a video could be an incentive to buy some music, when you don't actually hear the music in the video.

Date: December 11, 2016 19:42

matxil
I never really understood how a video could be an incentive to buy some music, when you don't actually hear the music in the video.

6,7 million views in 1 week. Is it enough?!
It's called marketing strategy and it's working well!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-11 19:44 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: December 11, 2016 20:04

matxil

TV/Internet Interviews + Street promotion with blue tongue posters + Video on Youtube with a famous
It's all a combo to sell an album on 2016 and it worked very well.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 12, 2016 09:59

Most of the comments on the Youtube video are about Kristin Stewart. I think the Stones are getting exposed to a whole new group of younger people that may not be that familiar with their music!

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: December 12, 2016 10:40

Hansman
I'd rather see The Rolling Stones to appear in a Rolling Stones video than Kristen Stewart.

Oh well, guess the Stones realize they are not as video-friendly at their ages as they once were. Although, I too would like to see them performing.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Date: December 12, 2016 12:02

Was this one better?

[www.youtube.com]

Date: December 13, 2016 01:42

DandelionPowderman
Was this one better?

[www.youtube.com]

I love them both... I like watching movies with a Stones soundtrack... even if they are short movies. e.g. Marty knows exactly what he is doing laying the Stones on top of his movies... IT KICKS AZZ!!!

STONES!!!

PS
not Marty, but still fun from the 1981 movie "High Risk"

Date: December 13, 2016 08:45

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 13, 2016 15:53

Title5Take1
When Ride 'Em On Down comes on in my car, I find myself accelerating, having seen this video with the callipygian Kristen Stewart.
Big fancy word describing her Kallos (which is finer than fine ) Callipygian is the word of the day , the board goes back to square !

Date: December 13, 2016 16:13

TheGreek

When Ride 'Em On Down comes on in my car, I find myself accelerating, having seen this video with the callipygian Kristen Stewart. Big fancy word describing her Kallos (which is finer than fine ) Callipygian is the word of the day , the board goes back to square !
thumbs upsmileys with beer

If I had to guess I would have guessed (first it meant beautiful woman from California) and then... there is an island called Kallos located somewhere warm and breezy and inhabited by beautiful Callipygians

Kristen Stewart in Stones video
Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: December 11, 2016 17:38

[www.youtube.com]

Kristen does a great job in the video for Ride 'Em on Down. She does a sexy little dance in the middle of it too. I looked her up on Wikipedia and was surprised to see all the movies she has been in and the awards she has won for talent in acting. If you have not checked the video out already, you should do so.

I believe this is the first time a well known actor has appeared in a Stones video, but I could be wrong. Does her appearance in this video signal that even more twenty year old people are appreciating the blues and Stones music, or is she just being paid for another acting gig?

Re: Kristen Stewart in Stones video
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: December 11, 2016 17:46

[iorr.org]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1597
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home