Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: OT: Clapton to play NY and LA
Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 30, 2016 13:55

EC may have lost some ferocity in his playing but the touch & phrasing are still very much intact.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: November 30, 2016 15:33

mosthigh
Prices for MSG are $75.00 - $500.00

Prices for LA are $60.00 - $950.00

Getting into Stones territory pricing. Probably VIP stuff included.

Including very important payment... grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-30 16:21 by MAF.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 30, 2016 16:15

SomeTorontoGirl
RollingFreak
Not that I care, cause Eric's great and I'd like him to continue, but what's been with the constant "I think this is it" the last 5 years or so? Is it just to sell tickets? Is there a hint of truth to it and he just keeps being well enough to keep playing? ...

Some sort of neurological issue affecting his hands, I believe. Glad he can still play.
I've never heard that. I do remember him saying that he didn't like touring because the nervousness of being onstage bothered his stomach. Must have been 10-15 years ago in an interview.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-30 16:15 by keefriff99.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: November 30, 2016 19:11

SomeTorontoGirl
roller99
That's your criteria for how much to pay for a concert? The number of musicians on a stage? Wow, you must be completely priced out of range at a Ringo and his All Star Band show.

No, that's my sense of honour. They're fun. You should get one!

Shared and valued only by yourself. My sense of "honor" and the life I've lived is something you can only dream about.

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: November 30, 2016 19:27

SomeTorontoGirl
mosthigh

Geeeeez, that's rich! There's FOUR Stones, only one of him...

LOL... grinning smiley Not only are you beautiful, you have a refreshingly great sense of humor. smileys with beer

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: November 30, 2016 19:39

only one of him... [instantrimshot.com]

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 30, 2016 20:02

He really needs the money:

[www.guitarplayer.com]

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: November 30, 2016 20:06

mosthigh

like i've been saying for awhile now,if these old legends really have to be paid that much to get onstage maybe it's better they stay home.

$500 or $1000 for concert tickets is ignorant and claptons playing is probably worth about a $60 ticket at best.

if you need to hero worship a legend by all means pay the $1000 and have fun , if you want actual guitar playing joe bonamassa tickets will cost you about $75-$125 and he can play circles around clapton.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: November 30, 2016 20:32

EC at The Forum. That touches home. I grew up in the immediate vicinity of the Forum and saw many shows there, many without a ticket. Local knowledge. Saw him with Blind Faith there way back when. I doubt if they played more than 8 songs, but they played the cr*p out of them. And, yes, there was a drum solo. Saw the Stones there in '69, '72 & '73. I read the place was fixed up. Good to see it back in the music business. If walls could talk...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 30, 2016 20:55

Yes pmk, the Forum has been fixed up and rather nicely I might add. Like you, I saw many concerts there back in the day, but not dating as far back as you. From the mid-late '70's on, the Fabulous Forum was home to some of the best concerts I've ever seen. The ARMS Benefit in 1983 ranks close to the top (Clapton, Beck, Page, et al), but there were many others that still have a place in my memories. After the renovation in recent years, I've seen some really great shows there - Neil Young, Steely Dan, David Gilmour, among others. My earliest memory of the Forum was when I was 8 yrs. old in 1971. My older brother was ballboy for the Lakers, and we met Chick Hearn. My bro then took me into the locker room to meet Jerry West, Happy Hairston, Gail Goodrich, and Wilt 'the stilt' Chamberlain along with the other greats of the '71/72 team.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-30 20:56 by Hairball.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 30, 2016 22:39

roller99
SomeTorontoGirl
roller99
That's your criteria for how much to pay for a concert? The number of musicians on a stage? Wow, you must be completely priced out of range at a Ringo and his All Star Band show.

Shared and valued only by yourself. My sense of "honor" and the life I've lived is something you can only dream about.

Whoops! Worst typo ever. Didn't intend to sully your honour, as we spell it here. Sense of "humour." Otherwise my comment stands. Dammit.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 30, 2016 22:50

keefriff99
SomeTorontoGirl
RollingFreak
Not that I care, cause Eric's great and I'd like him to continue, but what's been with the constant "I think this is it" the last 5 years or so? Is it just to sell tickets? Is there a hint of truth to it and he just keeps being well enough to keep playing? ...

Some sort of neurological issue affecting his hands, I believe. Glad he can still play.
I've never heard that. I do remember him saying that he didn't like touring because the nervousness of being onstage bothered his stomach. Must have been 10-15 years ago in an interview.

I found the article I was thinking of. Peripheral neuropathy. Glad he can still manage to do some gigs, I've enjoyed him a lot over the years, especially at Crossroads II in 2007, the Blind Faith reunion with Steve Winwood in 2008, and RAH last year.

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: November 30, 2016 22:52

Hairball
Yes pmk, the Forum has been fixed up and rather nicely I might add. Like you, I saw many concerts there back in the day, but not dating as far back as you. From the mid-late '70's on, the Fabulous Forum was home to some of the best concerts I've ever seen. The ARMS Benefit in 1983 ranks close to the top (Clapton, Beck, Page, et al), but there were many others that still have a place in my memories. After the renovation in recent years, I've seen some really great shows there - Neil Young, Steely Dan, David Gilmour, among others. My earliest memory of the Forum was when I was 8 yrs. old in 1971. My older brother was ballboy for the Lakers, and we met Chick Hearn. My bro then took me into the locker room to meet Jerry West, Happy Hairston, Gail Goodrich, and Wilt 'the stilt' Chamberlain along with the other greats of the '71/72 team.

Yeah, nice. smiling smiley

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: November 30, 2016 23:46

I'm quite excited at the thought of seeing Eric C at the Forum.

Have very fond memories of seeing him at the Santa Monica Civic (2500 people capacity) with Derek and the Dominoes. They were GREAT!

But first, I shall rush to Amoeba in Hollywood this Friday to get the
Stones blues album. Which reminds me...if any LA people are reading this
got any favorite LA record shops here...I'm still mourning the loss of Aaron's
on Melrose!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-30 23:52 by stonesrule.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: December 1, 2016 00:33

BTW, according to ticketmaster, the top LA price has been revised to $500

Date: December 1, 2016 00:40

stonesrule
I'm quite excited at the thought of seeing Eric C at the Forum.

Have very fond memories of seeing him at the Santa Monica Civic (2500 people capacity) with Derek and the Dominoes. They were GREAT!

But first, I shall rush to Amoeba in Hollywood this Friday to get the
Stones blues album. Which reminds me...if any LA people are reading this
got any favorite LA record shops here...I'm still mourning the loss of Aaron's
on Melrose!

Yup, I was at that 1970 D&D show at the civic. I sat in the pit next to Bonnie Bramlett.

First time seeing Clapton was with Cream in Oct. 1968 at the Forum, then the following year with Blind Faith.

Posted by: dougingb ()
Date: December 1, 2016 04:56

Actually, even though it is not shown on the MSG website, March 18 is reserved for a HBO Boxing card.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: December 1, 2016 05:03

Koen
He really needs the money:

[www.guitarplayer.com]

In 2009, Surrey Life Magazine ranked Eric Clapton as number 17 in their list of richest Surrey residents, estimating Clapton's fortune at £120 million in assets.

Date: December 1, 2016 05:06

SomeTorontoGirl
keefriff99
SomeTorontoGirl
RollingFreak

I found the article I was thinking of. Peripheral neuropathy. Glad he can still manage to do some gigs, I've enjoyed him a lot over the years, especially at Crossroads II in 2007, the Blind Faith reunion with Steve Winwood in 2008, and RAH last year.

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Here about his health problems - the same as in Telegraph.

[www.washingtonpost.com]

Date: December 1, 2016 20:28

I'm in, got my ticketssmileys with beer

Date: December 1, 2016 23:38

SomeTorontoGirl
roller99
SomeTorontoGirl
roller99

Whoops! Worst typo ever. Didn't intend to sully your honour, as we spell it here. Sense of "humour." Otherwise my comment stands. Dammit.

Yeah, well, if you've ever read any of my posts, you'd know I know how honor, harbor, and neighbor are spelled in Toronto. I think I know a few things about Toronto and Canada.

Date: December 1, 2016 23:39

BluzDude
I'm in, got my ticketssmileys with beer

Me too Bluzdude, see you there!

Date: December 1, 2016 23:59

Wish he would make a stop in the Midwest like Chicago.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 2, 2016 00:04

Who's going the second night at MSG, besides me?
I could.not.resist. cool smiley

So happy the old boy can still play okay. Go Slowhand. Go God.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: December 3, 2016 17:43

Got my ERIC tickets to MSG Monday.... smileys with beer

Date: December 4, 2016 00:42

cool smiley

Whereabouts are you sitting, mt?

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: December 4, 2016 00:48

angee
cool smiley

Whereabouts are you sitting, mt?

SEC
ROW
SEAT
9-10

I was really struggling this morning getting the tickets while being in La Guardia Airport, but I made it. Will have an extended weekend in NY.

A dream has come through, never seen EC live before, but million times on Youtube: Madison 2008 and Crossroads 2013, 2010, 2007. I really love his music, etc, etc. smileys with beer

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: December 4, 2016 05:40

I scored a pair in Section 109 to the Sunday show. Pretty good seats; side stage. I'm VERY pleased. The surprising thing is that I got them at noon today, TWO HOURS AFTER the general on-sale began. When tix first went on sale at 10:00 AM I spent about 40 minutes hitting the 'try again' button but nothing was ever available. I finally said screw it. Around noon I figured I give it "one more shot" and voila!

Now I have to figure out if I'll be able to make the last Amtrak train at 11:00 PM after the show or if I have to book a hotel for the night. Anybody have any insight on how these shows might go? I note that it's a 7:30 starting time. I'm assuming that both Gary Clark Jr. and Jimmie Vaughan will play WITH Clapton but I wonder if they'll play opening sets of their own. I haven't seen Clapton since the 'Me and Mr. Johnson' tour. Anybody know how long his sets have been of late?

Posted by: bam ()
Date: December 4, 2016 07:11

[www.whereseric.com]

This site has past set lists and fan reviews.

Date: December 4, 2016 21:46

Roscoe, I don't think he'll give them each an opening set but you never know.
I'm totally guessing maybe a two-hour show, not having seen EC for several years.

If anyone's still on the fences, they have a few seats available now to buy *on the map* where you can see what you're getting--you can pick out your spot. I ended up with one for the Sunday show now, in a side stage section, on the aisle. Couldn't resist.

~"Love is Strong"~

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1942
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home