Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
New Dominique Tarlé book and exhibition in Paris
Posted by: djgab ()
Date: November 23, 2016 18:10

Hi everyone

for those who are interested, there is a new Dominique Tarlé book, still about Nelcote.
There is also and exhibition in la galerie de l'instant in Paris.

Sorry if it has already been posted.

Re: New Dominique Tarlé book and exhibition in Paris
Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: November 23, 2016 18:38

As far as I know, it hasn't (not if it's a recent one anyway) -
but it's kinda hard to tell; do you have info about the book? Title - release date - etc.?

Or wait... let me check that link of yours first... ;o)

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: November 23, 2016 21:25

Thanks, I ordered my copy

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: November 24, 2016 08:28

I met him at this gallery at his earlier exhibition some years back. He's very nice. The photos are very, very expensive.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 24, 2016 09:46

Might try to go to the opening...

A report on TV : [www.youtube.com]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: November 24, 2016 17:50

Thank You for the tip...just ordered....

Posted by: Jfk19562003 ()
Date: November 24, 2016 21:45

Ordered! $135 to the USA.

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: November 24, 2016 22:59

I'm glad the info reached this goal !

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: November 25, 2016 05:51

What does 100,00 euros mean? Is that the same as 100.00?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 25, 2016 12:08

Yes it's probaly one hundred.
DT's getting greedy :his previous book was "only" 80€... but I suspect "Box" will sell out fast. Anything Nellcote-related sells well.

Date: November 25, 2016 12:21

You mean this one : [www.lagaleriedelinstant.com] ?

The new one is larger and has more pages so the price isn't "unreasonable" compared to "Rocks Off"

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: November 25, 2016 12:55

Yes that's the one!
I felt kinda cheated when I bought "Rocks Off' mainly because in the past I had bought similar (non-rock) photobooks in size and weight that were twice cheaper.

But as it's now sold-out I'm glad I have it... a minor "collector's item" as they say!
Imo "The Box" is going to be a major collector's item.

Date: November 25, 2016 16:00

So you're placing an order? ;-)

--------------

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: November 25, 2016 16:52

How often will he sell the same pics ?!

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: November 25, 2016 17:12

CousinC

thumbs up

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 25, 2016 17:34

DT is described as 'an acclaimed French photographer...' yet I cannot see much about his work post 1972.
Any internet sources, website, gallery etc?
Please and thanks.

Date: November 25, 2016 19:31

gotdablouse
So you're placing an order? ;-)

I'll drop a chèque at the gallery yes!
And since I have a particular interest in anything photographic I'm looking foward to seeing these 1971 "vintage" prints. And I hope they sell for a premium.

@Jlowe : you're right DT basically disappeared from view after Nellcote. Word was he worked in a pro darkroom as a printer/lab guy and more or less forgot the Nellcote pix.

He covered (bw & color) the 76 Paris shows but apart from this he never tried to enter the Stones universe again... which is a shame because I would have loved to see him take pix of the SG sessions.

And in the late 80's the main Stones photographer in France was Claude Gassian who left little room for others.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: November 25, 2016 21:14

Ordered my copy the first day it has been available on line and yes, go fast as we can bet it will be sold out very soon.
I agreed with dcba, "Rocks Off" was nice but either there was something missing ( a couple of unreleased shots i.e) either the price was too high for it.
This time this is different, larger size and don't forget that it you mentionned it while you order it ( there's a free space for it) you can ask for a personal signed copy.

@bliss

Indeed the shots are very expensive , I have been there 3 or 4 times and the Boss of the Galerie who is very kind once explain me why.
Most of the shots you see are numbered from 1 to 25 or 1 to 50.
When you are the first to get those very HQ print, you pay the price that Tarlé and the Galerie chose to start.The more you wait, the more you will buy it.
I recall that when the famous shot of Keith laughin'(stoned )that Tarlé named "Happy'"has been released in 2010 it was for sale at 3000 euros.6 years later the same one has reach 7500 € !!! because it last only 2 or 3 copies on 25.

Plus if you go to some other galeries in Paris, there is some which are far more expensive, I think mainly to Gassian works or Jean Marie Périer.

Anyway for those who get enuff cash for it here's a list I have shot this last summer.

HMN

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-25 21:26 by Honestman.

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: November 25, 2016 22:30

Honestman
Ordered my copy the first day it has been available on line and yes, go fast as we can bet it will be sold out very soon.
I agreed with dcba, "Rocks Off" was nice but either there was something missing ( a couple of unreleased shots i.e) either the price was too high for it.
This time this is different, larger size and don't forget that it you mentionned it while you order it ( there's a free space for it) you can ask for a personal signed copy.

@bliss

Indeed the shots are very expensive , I have been there 3 or 4 times and the Boss of the Galerie who is very kind once explain me why.
Most of the shots you see are numbered from 1 to 25 or 1 to 50.
When you are the first to get those very HQ print, you pay the price that Tarlé and the Galerie chose to start.The more you wait, the more you will buy it.
I recall that when the famous shot of Keith laughin'(stoned )that Tarlé named "Happy'"has been released in 2010 it was for sale at 3000 euros.6 years later the same one has reach 7500 € !!! because it last only 2 or 3 copies on 25.

Plus if you go to some other galeries in Paris, there is some which are far more expensive, I think mainly to Gassian works or Jean Marie Périer.

Anyway for those who get enuff cash for it here's a list I have shot this last summer.

Pictures haven't value for me because they can be reproduced as much he wants. It's could be interesting to know what are the pictures he took the first day he was at nellcote, thinking going back to Paris the same day.

Date: November 25, 2016 23:07

ouroux58

Pictures haven't value for me because they can be reproduced as much he wants. ..

It also worth for stamps, records, shirts, posters, memorabilia, books... feel free to add some more.

HMN

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: November 25, 2016 23:52

CousinC

Nothing wrong with that...imagine a band doing almost the same with some songs...

Date: November 26, 2016 19:56

Honestman

It's standard practice in the "art" world : if you have ten numbered copies of a same image the 1st five will be (say) 1000€ the last five will be 3 or 4000€.
It's an incentive for collectors to act quickly and buy immediately. The longer you wait the more expensive it gets...

DT only goes with the flow...

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: November 27, 2016 06:40

I think a better buy would be the oversize Taschen book that came out a couple years ago.

Date: December 6, 2016 17:17

Not the same budget though, something lik 500 euros ?

The opening of the exhibition is tomorrow and the delivery of the books has been postponed to the 15th apparently.

--------------

Posted by: Jfk19562003 ()
Date: December 21, 2016 19:28

Anyone receive a shipping notice yet? I've sent them emails and the gallery doesn't respond.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: December 21, 2016 20:14

shortfatfanny
CousinC

Nothing wrong with that...imagine a band doing almost the same with some songs...

Well . . maybe . .But the Stones had a long career and did a lot of music and new stuff as well.
Tarle was present at that one occasion, - makin the most out of it, again and again.

Date: December 21, 2016 20:27

Jfk19562003
Anyone receive a shipping notice yet? I've sent them emails and the gallery doesn't respond.

Got my copy last week, 2 days after the shipping notice.I'm amazed you don't get any answer, try again.

HMN

Posted by: fanch ()
Date: December 21, 2016 20:46

Honestman did you have a special dédicace in your book ?

Date: December 21, 2016 21:51

Not sure what you mean by special ?
If it's some words from Tarlé, the answer is no, just my name and his signature. I wasn't there the d-day, and the copy I got has been signed on request, like many other ones.

HMN

Date: December 21, 2016 21:54

Jfk19562003

The book's release was delayed (I guess it was the printer's fault) but everything seems to be ok now. About two third of the 1000 copies have already been sold so if you want it you'd better hurry.

The exhibition ends next February, by that time the book will certainly be "fully subscribed"...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-21 23:13 by dcba.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2047
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home