Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Boston Gets Stoned CD / BoTown Records
Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: September 1, 2005 19:50

I'm looking for:

Boston Gets Stoned CD
BoTown Records, "The Boston Music Machine" 89 Massachusetts Ave. -193, Boston,

where can I get it? Can You help me?
Is there a #2?

This is a little discribtion:

>> Please allow me to introduce myself ..." - I'm Mr. Jimmy. For many years Mick and Keith would play their new songs to me, and if I didn't say "one word", and that word was "dead", I would take The Rolling Stones into the studio and produce finished recordings of those songs. After twenty years of living in England as a transplanted American, and thinking it was time for a change, I moved back to the U.S. and made Boston my new home. I could not, however, leave The Stones behind. If, as stated in the film "Spinal Tap", Boston is "not much of a college town", I'm sure it's because everyone has dropped out, joined a rock and roll band, and is performing Stones songs on stage. Evidence the fact that when A.J. Wachtel and Mickey O'Halloran invited Boston area bands to submit recordings of Stones songs as part of an anthology l.p., the response was overwhelming. Enter "Mr. Jimmy", who had proudly produced most of the original versions of these songs, as a not unwise choice to select, compile, and "master" (sound enhance) the contents here-in. The truth is, no rock and roller, whether musician or listener, can ever get away from The Stones. Stones songs are the songs that rock musicians love to play, rock ears love to hear and Mick and Keith love to bank! To the many bands not included on this project - please be patient - Volume II is already in the works. To the rock ears of Boston, be proud-these are your drop-out rock and rollers, your tribute to The Stones and your tribute to yourselves. <<

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-23 11:24 by bv.

Re: Boston Gets Stoned CD / BoTown Records
Date: September 5, 2005 16:09

Is really nobody on this board who can help me?
Nobody knows that album?

Date: October 30, 2005 18:42

WHere is the nice guy who can help me? Where can I get a copy of this "Boston Gets Stoned" CD???

Still Waiting
HighwireC

Posted by: mpj105 ()
Date: November 6, 2010 15:21

Hi.
Still in search of this compilation....
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

God bless the Rolling Stones!

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: November 6, 2010 16:17

I wonder why nobody seems to know about it.
When was it recorded?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1841
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home