Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: What makes Ronnie so viable?
Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: November 12, 2016 03:24

Ronnie's cool

He's a gypsy, and he's a Rollin' Stone.
And he's sober since years.

I 100% honestly respect this success of his and pay my deepest respect.

Really!

And yes: he looks phantastic!

(Ask me whem I'M 70 or something)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-12 03:26 by waterrats.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: November 12, 2016 11:40

slewan
compared to others in the band – alcohol instead of heroin etc

He used heroin but he kept his hair and has a different bone structure than Keith. Genetics. Maybe the young women keeps him young. He doesnt seem depressed (compared to Keith and his demons).

Date: November 12, 2016 11:44

waterrats
Ronnie's cool

Really!

He is not a gypsy, he doesnt live like a gypsy and is not part of any gypsy clan/"family". He may pretend he is because of his backgrouund.

Date: November 12, 2016 12:33

Ronnie just doesn't strike me as a complicator. He seems wide open and honest. And even though that might not make for the best book writing or story telling - he can be a bit redundant - he has the last laugh. I don't think Ron has too many demons.
I just watched that Rolling Stone clip of Mick and Keith talking about Brazil, and it made me notice Keith's hair. I'm watching Mick's face while Keith is speaking, and I wonder what Mick is thinking about. "How can we get some more hair on that head?"

Date: November 12, 2016 13:19

Redhotcarpet
waterrats
Ronnie's cool

Really!

He is not a gypsy, he doesnt live like a gypsy and is not part of any gypsy clan/"family". He may pretend he is because of his backgrouund.

He doesn't have to pretend, because he is indeed a water gypsy. It's not something you stop being.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: November 12, 2016 13:33

Well, I'm in my mid 50s and still have the same size waist as when I was 18....size 32. I don't ever diet and apart from walking the dog, I don't get involved in all the nonsense of gyms or fitness regimes. I drink, but in moderation, only eat small meals, eat shit loads of chocolate, used to smoke until about 4 years ago and still have very thick hair with no balding spots at all. I've gone a bit grey over the last few years but other than that and a few aches in my joints, I'm in good health.

Obviously I haven't done the enormous quantities of drugs or alcohol that Ronnie has, but what I'm saying is, that much of it is essentially in your genes...most people think I'm in my early 30s, but it's not down to any beauty regime or skin care, in fact other than warm water I use nothing but shampoo. Some get lucky with the gene pool, others don't and have to battle against the ageing process, it's the luck of the draw and Ronnie has it.

The flip side of this luck is that when I was 18, I looked 15 and at the time when you want to look older in order to get served alcohol or access 18+ events you struggle to keep up with your friends....swings and roundabouts I suppose.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 12, 2016 15:08

Silver Dagger
Gypsy blood.

Could be..........a friend of mine is of Romany gypsy descent, she's 70 in April, she's smoked roll ups and Gitannes all her life, now goes horse riding 3-4 times a week up on the mountains, does all her own mucking out, carrrying hay, etc at the stables........fit as a fiddle..........

Date: November 12, 2016 15:48

Redhotcarpet
waterrats
Ronnie's cool

Really!

He does have gypsy blood.
He has lived much of his life like a gypsy, well, a wandering minstrel at least, which traditionally is not that different and, being part of an entourage, for years at a time, is much like being in gypsy clan........so,,,,,,,,,

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-12 16:51 by EddieByword.

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: November 12, 2016 16:11

waterrats
Ronnie's cool

Really!

smileys with beer
thumbs up thumbs up
Right on man, I too 100% honestly respect this success of his and pay my deepest respect.

Good ole Ronnie The Gypsy Wood... sounds good Wood to me!! smoking smiley

Date: November 12, 2016 16:21

waterrats
Ronnie's cool

Really!

smileys with beer
thumbs up thumbs up
Right on man, I too 100% honestly respect this success of his and pay my deepest respect.

Good ole Ronnie The Gypsy Wood... sounds good Wood to me!! smoking smileyhot smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-12 16:34 by HankM.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: November 12, 2016 16:51

crumbling_mice
Well, I'm in my mid 50s and still have the same size waist as when I was 18....size 32. I don't ever diet and apart from walking the dog, I don't get involved in all the nonsense of gyms or fitness regimes. I drink, but in moderation, only eat small meals, eat shit loads of chocolate, used to smoke until about 4 years ago and still have very thick hair with no balding spots at all. I've gone a bit grey over the last few years but other than that and a few aches in my joints, I'm in good health.

Obviously I haven't done the enormous quantities of drugs or alcohol that Ronnie has, but what I'm saying is, that much of it is essentially in your genes...most people think I'm in my early 30s, but it's not down to any beauty regime or skin care, in fact other than warm water I use nothing but shampoo. Some get lucky with the gene pool, others don't and have to battle against the ageing process, it's the luck of the draw and Ronnie has it.

The flip side of this luck is that when I was 18, I looked 15 and at the time when you want to look older in order to get served alcohol or access 18+ events you struggle to keep up with your friends....swings and roundabouts I suppose.

Another one trying to say being thin is just lucky. No most of that is not in your genes. Its calories in and calories out for the great majority of people. It doesn't matter how much you diet, it matters your calorie intake.

Now hair he is lucky.

Date: November 12, 2016 17:04

stanlove
crumbling_mice

Another one trying to say being thin is just lucky. No most of that is not in your genes. Its calories in and calories out for the great majority of people. It doesn't matter how much you diet, it matters your calorie intake.

Now hair he is lucky.

Read what I said again...carefully this time.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 12, 2016 17:07

stanlove
Beast
Ronnie's always been naturally skinny and is lucky that hasn't changed as he's got older.

As a rule people are not lucky to be thin and its actually annoying to thin people to hear people claim that. People try to make that claim all the time. I would guess that he and Jagger understand that a fat rock star is not a good look so they do what they have to do so they can stay thin. I am in my 50s and except for health problems everyone I have ever known weighs what they should weigh by how much they exercise and how much they eat.

Its simple. Calories in vs calories out. I don't know why so may people have trouble grasping that.

I doubt Ronnie and Mick do anything with the express purpose of staying slim. For staying healthy, maybe. Either way, they are both fortunate not to have the common problem of middle-age weight gain, which is generally considered to have negative health consequences.

Date: November 12, 2016 17:38

Cheers HankM...........you're welcome..........smileys with beer

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: November 12, 2016 19:46

Beast
stanlove
Beast
Ronnie's always been naturally skinny and is lucky that hasn't changed as he's got older.

As a rule people are not lucky to be thin and its actually annoying to thin people to hear people claim that. People try to make that claim all the time. I would guess that he and Jagger understand that a fat rock star is not a good look so they do what they have to do so they can stay thin. I am in my 50s and except for health problems everyone I have ever known weighs what they should weigh by how much they exercise and how much they eat.

Its simple. Calories in vs calories out. I don't know why so may people have trouble grasping that.

I doubt Ronnie and Mick do anything with the express purpose of staying slim. For staying healthy, maybe. Either way, they are both fortunate not to have the common problem of middle-age weight gain, which is generally considered to have negative health consequences.

I know for sure Mick does alot to stay thin. he exercises all the time. And i would bet alot of money that Wood does also.

The common problem with middle age weight gain is you body starts burning calories slower and you have to adjust or gain weight. Again i don't know why so many people can't grasp this. Its calories in vs calories out. Just about anyone who wants to stay thin can do it if they make it a goal. Its not hard. Plus just about anyone who doesn't do the right things to stay thin will gain weight. Its not complicated. Its blows my mind that people don't understand this.

I could guess how much someone would weigh just by looking at their food intake and how much they exercise. I have seen it for 50 years. I find it annoying when people act like its all about luck. Its not. If Jagger or Woods spent the next year eating like heavy people do they would gain weight.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-12 19:57 by stanlove.

Date: November 12, 2016 20:41

stanlove
Beast
stanlove
Beast

I know for sure Mick does alot to stay thin. he exercises all the time. And i would bet alot of money that Wood does also.

The common problem with middle age weight gain is you body starts burning calories slower and you have to adjust or gain weight. Again i don't know why so many people can't grasp this. Its calories in vs calories out. Just about anyone who wants to stay thin can do it if they make it a goal. Its not hard. Plus just about anyone who doesn't do the right things to stay thin will gain weight. Its not complicated. Its blows my mind that people don't understand this.

I could guess how much someone would weigh just by looking at their food intake and how much they exercise. I have seen it for 50 years. I find it annoying when people act like its all about luck. Its not. If Jagger or Woods spent the next year eating like heavy people do they would gain weight.

Yes, eating has a massive effect on weight, obviously, but there are some people, who through genetics and constitution can pretty much eat what they want and don't put on a lot of weight. Jagger works very hard to keep in shape, Ronnie, less so, he's just one of those people who is genetically lucky. The drugs help, COcaine, crack, speed, heroin all supress the appetite. You can see Keith has a bit of a gut these days since he cleaned up.

As I say, I'm mid 50s, weigh under weight, never bother with any form of fitness regime, eat copious amounts of biscuits and chocolate and eat whatever I want. My grandad was the same and lived to 98 (he smoked from being 14 and drank rum every day) He never put on weight as I don't.

I once injured my back and hardly left the bed or sofa for 4 weeks and still came out the same weight. I agree though, that for some, it;s a simple ratio of calories in against calories burnt, but there are some who are genetically predisposed to gain weight, or not put on weight. I think Ronnie is in the latter camp.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: November 12, 2016 20:48

Ronnie was the PERFECT choice

Date: November 13, 2016 02:54

crumbling_mice
stanlove
Beast
stanlove
Beast

Yes, eating has a massive effect on weight, obviously, but there are some people, who through genetics and constitution can pretty much eat what they want and don't put on a lot of weight. Jagger works very hard to keep in shape, Ronnie, less so, he's just one of those people who is genetically lucky. The drugs help, COcaine, crack, speed, heroin all supress the appetite. You can see Keith has a bit of a gut these days since he cleaned up.

As I say, I'm mid 50s, weigh under weight, never bother with any form of fitness regime, eat copious amounts of biscuits and chocolate and eat whatever I want. My grandad was the same and lived to 98 (he smoked from being 14 and drank rum every day) He never put on weight as I don't.

I once injured my back and hardly left the bed or sofa for 4 weeks and still came out the same weight. I agree though, that for some, it;s a simple ratio of calories in against calories burnt, but there are some who are genetically predisposed to gain weight, or not put on weight. I think Ronnie is in the latter camp.

I'd say that Keith has a good bit more than a bit of a gut these days. Must be all that Shepherds Pie. (Like stanlove has reminded us a few times today, it's calories in, calories out LOL)

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 13, 2016 03:03

crumbling_mice
stanlove
crumbling_mice

Now hair he is lucky.

stanlove is fixated on this nonsense to the point of derangement, so I wouldn't bother arguing.

The idea that a certain percentage of the population (however small) is genetically disposed to an ectomorphic body type is offensive to his oh-so delicate sensibilities for some bizarre reason.

Date: November 13, 2016 05:44

EddieByword
Cheers HankM...........you're welcome..........smileys with beer
thumbs upsmileys with beerthumbs up

Date: November 13, 2016 05:46

potus43
Ronnie was the PERFECT choice
thumbs up Agreed!

Ronnie is probably my favorite rock star... he rates 11/10 in my book

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: November 13, 2016 14:45

He still looks like how a rocker was supposed to look like after the happening of punk. Just think of the Norwegian rock band Backstreet Girls.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 13, 2016 15:16

keefriff99
crumbling_mice
stanlove
crumbling_mice

Now hair he is lucky.

stanlove is fixated on this nonsense to the point of derangement, so I wouldn't bother arguing.

The idea that a certain percentage of the population (however small) is genetically disposed to an ectomorphic body type is offensive to his oh-so delicate sensibilities for some bizarre reason.

The likes of Ronnie and crumbling_mice just go to show that there are exceptions to the rule (which most people do get, ahem) of calories in and out.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: November 13, 2016 15:40

Very much exception to the rule I must say. That goes for Mick too.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: November 13, 2016 19:07

Some girls are big boned.

And some boys're lil boned.

Ronnie's got them lil bones.

On the internet nobody knows
you're Mick Jagger

Date: November 14, 2016 03:23

DandelionPowderman
Redhotcarpet
waterrats
Ronnie's cool

Really!

He doesn't have to pretend, because he is indeed a water gypsy. It's not something you stop being.

Yes it is. If you leave the gypsy family/community you are no longer a gypsy. This is extremly evident among Finnish Kale gypsies. Either you follow the rules or youre out.

Date: November 14, 2016 03:29

Beast
stanlove
Beast

Mick probably has suffered from anorexia all his life. He has to stay thin or else he no longer is Mick Jagger.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: November 14, 2016 04:16

That he's priable

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 14, 2016 04:17

Redhotcarpet
Beast
stanlove
Beast

Mick probably has suffered from anorexia all his life. He has to stay thin or else he no longer is Mick Jagger.
Mick isn't just skinny. He has incredible muscle tone. His arms were ripped and striated into his 60s, and he had washboard abs. You DON'T get way accidentally.

He has a naturally ectomorphic body type, but he put in decades of athletic training to stay fit, and from what I've read, he eats like an athlete too. Lots of protein and carbs.

Posted by: Hansman ()
Date: November 14, 2016 09:28

Ronnie and Mick are both ectomorphs. I think it's impossible for them to become fat.

For a decades long alcoholic, chain smoker, and drug abuser Ronnie looks fantastic. Visualy and musically he was made for the Stones.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1740
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home