Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Seattle & Portland w/ Motley Crue: Perhaps among the Greatest Concerts of the past 10 - 20 Years
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 1, 2005 09:14

Stones fans who haven't seen Motley Crue live are in for a major treat in Seattle and Portland when the Crue warms up the Stones...

Tommy, Vince, Mick, Nikki... they all like really respect the Stones and from their statements are sayin' it's gonna be a great honor for them to open these 2 shows...

I'm a lifelong 30 year Stones fan who just saw the Crue on their current tour about 6 mos. ago for the first time...

My Opinion: Motley Crue is "the stones" of the 1980's... they have such a well-deserved dedicated fan base and a tremendous discography...

You'll just love songs like: Wild Side, Dr. Feelgood, Home Sweet Home Same Old Situation, Don't Go Away Mad, Girls-Girls-Girls, KickStart My Heart, and a dozen others...

This band just GETS THE CROWD ON THEIR FEET AND DANCING!! Very reminiscent of the Stones, IMO...

Seattle and Portland fans are so &^%$#@ lucky... Motley and the Stones on the same stage/same night is a very rare event!

Re: Seattle & Portland w/ Motley Crue: Perhaps among the Greatest Concerts of the past 10 - 20 Years
Date: September 1, 2005 09:16

Also wanted to say that it would be over the top to see the Crue do "Street Fightin' Man" or have Mick Mars come on stage and play it with Keith and Ronnie during the stones set !!!

One of a kind deal if that happens.

Re: Seattle & Portland w/ Motley Crue: Perhaps among the Greatest Concerts of the past 10 - 20 Years
Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: September 1, 2005 09:26

Motley Crue really rock nowadys. Great guitars, drums and stage presence.
It'd be kind a cool to see Mars playing SFM with Keith and Ron.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: September 1, 2005 11:12

Guys, with all due respect, but can it really compare with AC/DC and the Stones, or (and I realize the styles don't exactly match) Metallica and the Stones?

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: September 1, 2005 11:31

you really have to be joking right ?

i loved the Crue in my teen years, saw em numerous times between 84 and 91. but lets be serious. they are shit!

they haven't wrote a single song that has stood the test of time. they were all image and no substance as with most 'hair' metal bands of that era

the only band from that whole 'scene' that can still stand proud is Guns N Roses. at least they had a classic rock n roll record in 'Appetite For Destruction' to dine out on for the rest of their lives. everything else they did was flabby but AFD was a GREAT r'n'r record

what have the Crue left us to remember them by ?, 'Shout At The Devil' ... HAHAHAHA

they are panto kings

Posted by: riffhard72 ()
Date: September 1, 2005 11:42

I'd love to see these shows! The Crüe fcuking ROCK and it seems a great line-up to me. I saw 'em in '89 and it's STILL one of my favourite shows.

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: September 1, 2005 11:48

whahahahahah, worst f&*%$ng band in the world, just a lot of hair...
just comparing the Stones with these morons is an insult.

Posted by: Jimmie ()
Date: September 1, 2005 11:48

I´d say that Crue kicks metallicas and AC/DCs ass for sure.

Date: September 1, 2005 12:21

andy js Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >
> you really have to be joking right ?
>
> i loved the Crue in my teen years, saw em numerous
> times between 84 and 91. but lets be serious. they
> are shit!
>
> they haven't wrote a single song that has stood
> the test of time. they were all image and no
> substance as with most 'hair' metal bands of that
> era
>
> the only band from that whole 'scene' that can
> still stand proud is Guns N Roses. at least they
> had a classic rock n roll record in 'Appetite For
> Destruction' to dine out on for the rest of their
> lives. everything else they did was flabby but AFD
> was a GREAT r'n'r record
>
> what have the Crue left us to remember them by ?,
> 'Shout At The Devil' ... HAHAHAHA
>
> they are panto kings

But... precisely which concert of the current Crue tour have you seen ??

Answer... I haven't seen any concerts on the Red White & Crue Tour...

So, on what basis are you saying they're "shit", since you haven't seen them ??

Posted by: intv7 ()
Date: September 1, 2005 15:41

Never liked Motley Crue even in their prime, I think Vince's voice is horrible and Tommy Lee is an overrated drummer. Never saw the appeal, sorry.

Date: September 1, 2005 16:06

"But... precisely which concert of the current Crue tour have you seen ??
Answer... I haven't seen any concerts on the Red White & Crue Tour...
So, on what basis are you saying they're "shit", since you haven't seen them ??"

too @#$%& right i haven't been out to see the latest circus effort. why would i do that ? i saw them numerous times when they were supposed to be 'good' !

two of my old mates went to see em on the new tour at wembley, and they haven't been able to stop laughing since!

lol

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: September 1, 2005 16:28

motley who

Date: September 1, 2005 17:57

andy js Wrote:
> >
> "But... precisely which concert of the current
> Crue tour have you seen ??
> Answer... I haven't seen any concerts on the Red
> White & Crue Tour...
> So, on what basis are you saying they're "shit",
> since you haven't seen them ??"
>
>
> too @#$%& right i haven't been out to see the
> latest circus effort. why would i do that ? i saw
> them numerous times when they were supposed to be
> 'good' !
>
> two of my old mates went to see em on the new tour
> at wembley, and they haven't been able to stop
> laughing since!
>
> lol

That's unusual considering that probably EVERYONE ELSE at that concert was rocking their ass off...

Also, you can see live footage of the crue from the recent Geldof Live Aid event... they rocked the &^%$# out of Toronto...

So maybe your friends have low blood sugar and can't dance ??

Date: September 1, 2005 18:08

fecking ada!

you must have dodgy ears mate. they were bloody DIRE at live8. old Vince's voice is even worse now than back in the 80's. and it was BAD then!

must be the facelift playing hell with his vocal chords

you don't need to be a fan to know that. it was PAINFULL to watch and even worse to hear

face it. they suck donkey dick. and always have

when exactly did u see them first ?

Date: September 1, 2005 18:11

andy js Wrote:
> >
> fecking ada!
>
> you must have dodgy ears mate. they were bloody
> DIRE at live8. old Vince's voice is even worse now
> than back in the 80's. and it was BAD then!
>
> must be the facelift playing hell with his vocal
> chords
>
> you don't need to be a fan to know that. it was
> PAINFULL to watch and even worse to hear
>
> face it. they suck donkey dick. and always have
>
> when exactly did u see them first ?

If they were so bloody dire at Live8 then why was the crowd rockin ??

I guess to each their own, there will always be a few people who don't like any given concert...

Just a question of whether you like the music or not, I guess..

I 100% agree with you that Vince's singing leaves alot to be desired.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 1, 2005 23:09

Jimmie: Crue kicks Metallica and AC/DC's ass? COME ON!! I happen to like Motley and I saw them in Vancouver on their Girls Girls tour as well as Dr Feelgood tour as well as one of their reunion tours in the mid 90's. They put on a good show but in the overall rock'n'roll hierarchy, they are quite a few notches below AC/DC and Metallica (who I don't really care for). Ironically, both Metallica and Motley were openers for AC/DC for the Monsters of Rock tour in 91 in Europe.
As far as opening for the Stones, I'd rather see them than some of the other opening acts that are booked. Motley seem to have a really good fan base in Canada and their current reunion tour has sold out every show here.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: September 1, 2005 23:30

I wouldn't compare Motley Crue to the Stones or even call them a great band but their gigs are always a lot of fun with a lot of good catchy songs. Would love to see them as an opener for the STones.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: September 1, 2005 23:47

If ya think da Crue are the ultimate party show (from bands 1977 onwards), go see David Lee Roth next time he comes around. Saw him in London in 2004, man the Stones wouldnt dare get him to open for them. DLR may not have the greatest voice in the world but he sure knows how to put a great band together and deliver a show burstin' at the seams with splendiferous rock n rolllll entertainment quotient.
Never saw Van Halen but doubt they were better than the thang he was swinging with in 2004!!!

SD

Posted by: fxc1 ()
Date: September 2, 2005 00:49

you gotta be kidding me

Posted by: Charles ()
Date: September 2, 2005 03:28

Both Hairy Lee Roth and Motley Crue suck major donkey dick.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 2, 2005 03:35

SonicDreamer, I agree what you say about DLR, the TRUE lead singer of the mighty Van Halen. If only he had rejoined them in 2004 for their reunion tour instead of Sammy. That tour would have done huge numbers. I saw VH with DLR in 81,82 and 84, when they were America's biggest rock band.
Of course, they did open for the Stones in New Orleans 78 and Orlando 81 as has been discussed here several times in the past.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: September 2, 2005 03:38

CreedenceLives Wrote:
> Stones fans who haven't seen Motley Crue live are
> in for a major treat in Seattle and Portland when
> the Crue warms up the Stones...
>
> Tommy, Vince, Mick, Nikki... they all like really
> respect the Stones and from their statements are
> sayin' it's gonna be a great honor for them to
> open these 2 shows...
>
> I'm a lifelong 30 year Stones fan who just saw the
> Crue on their current tour about 6 mos. ago for
> the first time...
>
> My Opinion: Motley Crue is "the stones" of the
> 1980's... they have such a well-deserved dedicated
> fan base and a tremendous discography...
>
> You'll just love songs like: Wild Side, Dr.
> Feelgood, Home Sweet Home Same Old Situation,
> Don't Go Away Mad, Girls-Girls-Girls, KickStart My
> Heart, and a dozen others...
>
> This band just GETS THE CROWD ON THEIR FEET AND
> DANCING!! Very reminiscent of the Stones, IMO...
>
> Seattle and Portland fans are so &^%$#@
> lucky... Motley and the Stones on the same
> stage/same night is a very rare event!

Toungue firmly in cheek I hope??

Ross

Posted by: thor ()
Date: September 2, 2005 05:23

enough said...

Date: September 2, 2005 07:30

This all said, anyone who thinks Crue and the Stones on same stage/same night in Seattle and Portland isn't about as major a musical event as you can have are in for a surprise...

After dancing to somewhere around 35 perfectly-executed major classic rock anthems you'll need a shower !!

Date: September 2, 2005 13:01

Not even a glimmer of irony was applied to my post Fxc1, it was straight-up and given by one who has seen superlative gigs by the Stones and countless other bands/artists over the past 22 years.

SD

Date: September 2, 2005 13:03

Yes Charles, they gotta keep the donkey happy after you failed to give it a good blow-job and it kicked your ass out of the pen!!!!

SD

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: September 2, 2005 14:19

Seriously: How can one ever be taken serious after mentioning Mudlie crew AND get in the Van, Halen! in one sentence with The Rolling Stones. American classics? American shite, that what those fakers are.

Posted by: #6 ()
Date: September 2, 2005 15:58

Wow, this is hilarious. I will never understand how people who listen to motley crue, ac/dc, et al. could be big Rolling Stones fans. I don't understand but I will always think its really, really, funny.

Posted by: Cheyenne ()
Date: September 2, 2005 16:21

#6 Wrote:
> Wow, this is hilarious. I will never understand
> how people who listen to motley crue, ac/dc, et
> al. could be big Rolling Stones fans. I don't
> understand but I will always think its really,
> really, funny.

Funny? Why? What's funny about liking different kinds of music? I believe that often people decide beforehand if music is good or bad, depending on if it's the "correct" genre or something. Well, anyway... I'm not Mötley Crüe's biggest fan, but I saw them earlier this year and they were great live! It will be interesting to hear/read what people who don't (didn't) like them say after Seattle & Portland! Few will be disappointed, that's what I think.

Date: September 2, 2005 19:20

#6,
Mate you better not look in my CD collection, you'd have a nervous breakdown. Therein the Stones sit with Cocteau Twins, Neil Young, Prince, Aerosmith, Tim Buckley, The Who, Marvin Gaye, Can, The Beatles, Joni Mitchell, Led Zeppelin, REM, Otis Redding, Van Halen, David Bowie, Elvis Costello, The Pixies, Tom Waits, Deep Purple, Van Morrison, AC/DC, The Byrds, Velvet Underground, Pink Floyd, ZZ Top, Bob Dylan, The Doors, Bob Marley, The Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Aimee Mann, Jane's Addiction, Queen, etc...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1555
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home