Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: A possible Kinks reunion in 2017 ???
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 7, 2016 19:55

Make of this what you will, it is in the ...... Daily Express sad smiley after all ..... but you never know ? There might be a grain of truth in the story ...... ?

[www.express.co.uk]

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Re: OT: A possible Kinks reunion in 2017 ???
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 7, 2016 20:13

It gets teased so much and at this point its probably past the time it would have been great. I'll believe it when I see it, but having said that I will be there in America if it happens.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 7, 2016 20:14

Very cool! I really loved Sunny Afternoon, reminded me of how great they were. It would be great to see them back.

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: November 7, 2016 20:41

Would Love It to Happen, but yes they have been rolling this teaser out the last few years.

Posted by: timmyj3 ()
Date: November 7, 2016 20:50

Been teased too much over the years. Though Dave seems to be in decent health again.

Posted by: stone66 ()
Date: November 7, 2016 20:58

Ah, so Ray Davies must have a new solo project on the way. He has the most ingeniously effective marketing plan for getting his name in the press whenever it comes time to release a solo project or launch a tour: float rumors of a Kinks reunion. Works every time; the newspapers will print the "possible Kinks reunion" story, and all they have to change each time is the year, and here on IORR someone will start a thread.

The Kinks reunion has already happened by the way -- in 2015 (December 18) in London (Islington Assembly Hall) when Ray joined brother Dave onstage for You Really Got Me. Because that's all that's needed for a Kinks reunion -- the two bruvuhs.

Ray and Dave Davies performance of You Really Got Me: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 7, 2016 21:02

SomeTorontoGirl
Very cool! I really loved Sunny Afternoon, reminded me of how great they were. It would be great to see them back.

I saw it in London last year, great!
I wish they would bring this Stateside

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: November 7, 2016 21:59

BluzDude
SomeTorontoGirl

I saw it in London last year, great!
I wish they would bring this Stateside

I went to see the third from last performance in London and was not expecting to like it, as I'm not a huge fan of musicals..... I loved it though. Thought it was fantastic.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 7, 2016 23:43

If a musical works for the Kinks, why not the Stones?
Perhaps its a question of musical styles.
And maybe Mick and Keith wouldn't authorise use of their songs.

Date: November 8, 2016 01:52

jlowe

Could you imagine if Ray Davies didn't allow usage of his songs, especially since he created the play?

Why would Mick or Keith write or create a musical and not allow their songs to be used?

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: November 8, 2016 02:15

BluzDude
jlowe

Could you imagine if Ray Davies didn't allow usage of his songs, especially since he created the play?

Why would Mick or Keith write or create a musical and not allow their songs to be used?

Because they really feel they have enough money.

Posted by: Bobbyb98 ()
Date: November 8, 2016 04:24

From the Official Kinks Facebook Page: "Ray Davies was misquoted at the recent Q awards. Both Ray and Dave have solo albums coming out next year and have no plans to re-unite in the immediate future."

Date: November 8, 2016 05:01

Bobbyb98
From the Official Kinks Facebook Page: "Ray Davies was misquoted at the recent Q awards. Both Ray and Dave have solo albums coming out next year and have no plans to re-unite in the immediate future."

O well ... hardly surprising I have to say, albeit bloody disappointing ! I'd luuuuuuuuuuurv to see this band reunite, but beginning to think it will never ever actually happen.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: November 8, 2016 05:40

Yes a bit sad that they won't, considering their age, and that Dave has recovered enough from his stroke to work and does work,
and that Mick Avory, last I heard, is still alive, well & kicking. They've got 3 of 4 originals so it looks good on paper.
Ray is still inspired to write and still sings well so that looks good on paper.
RIP Pete Quaife.
And I'm remembering Nicky H too as he did so much great classic studio work with them.
I don't know if a reunion would sound any good frankly. They are in the very select
few of one of my uppermost toppermost favorites in the entire history of pop and rock n roll. I do have everything they ever did up into the start of the 80's anyway.
They've at least a dozen studio albums I have really enjoyed thouroughly over and over through the years,
as well as compilations, and they were one of the best live acts ever imo. Well i never did get to see them, but I'm basing this on live albums and concert videos over the years.
Raymond Douglas Davies is one great recording producer too. Just wonderful the work he's done.

But their last studio album as a group was way over 20 years ago. I guess that would make any reunion more emotionally appealing and such,
if they chose venue capacity correctly they would fill seats and create a stir if it was any good....
...but I wonder if they'd still click live. It's not they've been a real band these last decades at all. I've no idea if Ray and Dave hang together much all but doubt it.
I've no idea if Dave and Mick could tolerate each other thirty something years after a lof emnity and even violence,
tho they seemed to have patched things up to some extent long ago.
I don't know if Avory's been playing, or much about him post Kinks other than Wiki which stops his info site w activities no later than 2007.
It's just great to know Ray and Dave are still out there doing their music.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-08 06:06 by hopkins.

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: November 8, 2016 05:50

Being brothers in the same band seems to be a hard thing to carry on for a long time...

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: November 8, 2016 05:55

I'll believe it when I see them together on stage! I've been hoping for this reunion for YEARS! Ray & Dave are just NOT fond of one another----to put it ever so politely!sad smiley

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 8, 2016 10:41

again?

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: November 8, 2016 14:44

But the Kast Off Kinks are gigging all the way through 2017- Mick Avory, John Dalton, Jim Rodford, Ian Gibbons, etc..so theres that..

Date: November 8, 2016 15:37

roryfaninva
But the Kast Off Kinks are gigging all the way through 2017- Mick Avory, John Dalton, Jim Rodford, Ian Gibbons, etc..so theres that..

Indeed, and to anyone that hasn't seen the KastOff Kinks as yet, they come very highly recommended. They're all former Kinks members, so the sound is as faithful to 'what once was' as you're gonna get. I have seen them several times, they never ever disappoint. Fabulous.

Now, if only the Davies brothers could put whatever differences between them remain at this time firmly aside ....... o one can dream !!

Date: November 8, 2016 16:44

they both have solo albums due next year. can't wait for that

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: November 8, 2016 22:31

I wonder if a Kinks reunion would be a big draw these days? Maybe just a tour of
Theaters that Ray can fill on his own. I just don't know...but I would certainly
but a ticket. Also the reunion would be good for Dave.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: November 8, 2016 22:44

roryfaninva

It says a lot about Ray as a boss/leader that these guys would rather jam on their own than play with him.

Date: November 8, 2016 23:03

wonderboy
roryfaninva

It says a lot about Ray as a boss/leader that these guys would rather jam on their own than play with him.[/quote

ummm i don't think it says that at all. i believe ray has appeared on stage with them several times. do you have any links showing ray asked them to play with him and they refused?

Date: November 8, 2016 23:31

Which reunion would you bet on most likely to happen? (Must include both brothers.)

1. Kinks
2. Black Crowes
3. Oasis

Posted by: timmyj3 ()
Date: November 9, 2016 00:03

Insert Ray and Dave into the Kast off Kinks and you basically have all the Kinks since the early 70's except the late Pete Q.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 9, 2016 00:36

BluzDude
Which reunion would you bet on most likely to happen? (Must include both brothers.)

1. Kinks
2. Black Crowes
3. Oasis

Don't know which one will be first but Oasis will definitely happen. I won't care, but its too big not to. Black Crowes I'm sure will patch up at some point too. The Kinks are running out of time, and have arguably already missed their moment.

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: November 9, 2016 00:39

BluzDude

1. Kinks
2. Black Crowes
3. Oasis

Maybe the Vince McMahon (or whatever that wrestler promoters name is) could get them together winking smiley

CAGE MATCH!!grinning smiley

Date: November 9, 2016 00:40

BluzDude

1. Kinks
2. Black Crowes
3. Oasis

Oasis

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: November 9, 2016 00:54

DandelionPowderman
BluzDude

1. Kinks
2. Black Crowes
3. Oasis

Oasis

1. THE ROLLING STONES
2. THE KINKS
3. THE EVERLY BROTHER

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 9, 2016 00:56

4. THE BEE GEE

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1433
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home