Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: R.I.P. Eddie Harsch
Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: November 4, 2016 19:21

From Rich Robinson's Facebook:

It is with the saddest of hearts that we bid farewell to our dear friend Eddie Harsch. Eddie was a brilliant musician, with a beautiful heart. We should remember Eddie for his music, his great sense of humor, and his positive outlook on life.
We ask that everyone please respect the privacy of Eddie's family at this time. Let's honor him by celebrating his musical contributions to the world, and by sending positive thoughts and prayers to him and his family. Our hearts will forever remain with our musical brother.

Re: OT: R.I.P. Eddie Harsch
Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: November 4, 2016 19:50

Sad news. He was going to be a member of Magpie Salute with Rich Robinson and Marc Ford.. Very bad.....

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: November 4, 2016 20:34

RIP

Date: November 4, 2016 23:46

wow, wtf happened?

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: November 4, 2016 23:55

What is up wid dat...? Did not see that one coming.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 5, 2016 02:15

Sad sad day. The man was brillaint. Very much in the same vein as Nicky Hopkins, a brillaint tortured soul. I have seen him many times with the Crowes, Albert Collins, and on his own riding his bike through downtown Detroit on a cold snowy night. I remember standing outside of Sulleys, a great Detroit music club. It was the dead of winter, snow pouring down in a midwestern cyclone. We were huddled around sharing a smoke and Eddie rides up on his bike in shorts and no shirt on. He was cleary excited and exclaimed to my buddy, "hey Rob! How's it going!?" and stopped, chatted, and then rode off into the snow. With his shirtless white porceline shoulders fading into the flakes of white and static. A lovely player. I got home today and my brother arrived and we reverently placed Amoreica on the platter right to Descending and listened to the slow mercury gleam. Thanks Eddie! RIP!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-05 02:17 by whitem8.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 5, 2016 02:23

He was slated to play the Magpie shows in New York with Ford, Robinson, Gorman, Peppin, et. al. Was really looking forward to that!

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: November 5, 2016 03:46

Horrendous news, so very sad.sad smiley

Posted by: mulecrowe ()
Date: November 5, 2016 10:38

What a shame! Saw him in August at
the Woodstock Sessions. He played great. Truly an amazing talent!
R.I.P. Ed

Eddie Harsch dead
Posted by: capsula ()
Date: December 12, 2016 01:53

Maybe already posted but I have just found that Eddie Harsch has died. One of my favourites, brillian. R.I.P.

Re: Eddie Harsch dead
Date: December 12, 2016 02:31

already a thread but yes sad

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1826
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home