Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT Live at Leeds Halfspeed Master
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 1, 2016 20:34

So one of the greatest live albums made is now looking like it is getting the delux halfspeed master treatment from Abbey Road. AR sucks with their marketing. Nothing on their website, however, superdeluxe.com has it listed with links to Amazon. Amazon US says temperarily out of stock. Amazon UK has it for 23 pounds.

Looks like it is a triple album with the entire show with songs in the order they were originally performed.

[www.superdeluxeedition.com]

Re: OT Live at Leeds Halfspeed Master
Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: November 1, 2016 20:56

Live At Leeds is one of my "desert island discs". That's the most power and fury I've ever heard coming out of a 3 piece band. I missed that quality when I saw them last year with that expanded band. I wish they had stayed with the 3 pieces. The extended jams in songs such as My Generation and Magic Bus are awe inspiring and I love trying to replicate them when I'm jamming on my guitar.

Re: OT Live at Leeds Halfspeed Master
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 1, 2016 21:16

It is an absolutely brilliant album. I don't mind the full version that was released with all of the rest of the songs on it. The version of Amazing Journey/Sparks is the definitive version. Incredible power. I too love the extended jams of Magic Bus and My Generation. So much power and the band was insanely tight for such a long jam. The box set verion I have (out of print now) had the Hull show as well. Which is also fantastic, probably a bit better than the Leeds show!

I am looking forward to this on the tripple vinyl halfspeed master! If anything like the Exile release it will be incredible!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1825
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home