Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9
Re: Will The Rolling Stones ever perform live again?
Date: October 29, 2016 14:04

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-29 14:08 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: ReginaPhalange ()
Date: October 29, 2016 14:17

stone66

a) Was anyone there that heard that for certain and could verify it?

On the tour page there's a review from someone who was there. He wrote this:
Now the Boston Herald published that Robert Kraft would have mentioned that this show was going to be legendary as it was possibly going to be the last show in the US ever. I can’t say if this will be true or not, or even if he has said that, because he didn’t say that on stage. However, one day it will be the last time, but if you ask me, this wasn’t it. Time will tell.

Boston

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: October 29, 2016 14:19

The Worst.

Is the guy at the bottom left pushing a coffin?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 29, 2016 14:35

IORR Q & A:

Q: "Will The Rolling Stones ever perform live again?"

A: [www.youtube.com] !

winking smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 29, 2016 15:00

if they will tour India, i will be there. Great country, good food and nice people.
Just want to hear from the stones themselves, that the end of touring is approaching.

jeroen

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 29, 2016 15:14

No.
His solos were awful during the first show at Desert Trip. Even ridiculous (Start me up. Come Together...) The rhythm playing was average.

DandelionPowderman
stone4ever
RaiseTheKnife
This is nothing to be feel sad about. I don't want to see an eighty year old Mick Jagger with a weak voice and feel like ''he used to be so good''. It's better to let everything has it time. There's still plenty of relevant material in the vaults. They're still sounding decent but I would rather see them retire than see them become a exhibition act like Chuck Berry.

In that respect i wish they has retired last year, 2016 has seen a decline in their performances. Especially Ronnie, he was poor in SA, but the year before he was as good as ever.

I thought Ronnie sounded very good in Vegas and Indio. To my ears anyway..

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 29, 2016 15:16

corriecas
if they will tour India, i will be there. Great country, good food and nice people.
Just want to hear from the stones themselves, that the end of touring is approaching.

jeroen

We all know it's 'approaching' ... that's kind of obvious. What I'm pretty sure we'll never ever hear is any kind of specific commentary from the Stones themselves on the subject of 'the end'. I suspect that deep down inside they all admit to themselves that playing live hasn't got that much longer to run, but I can hardly imagine they devote much time or energy thinking about it, least of all 'planning anything' in the way of one fabled 'last hurrah' - so to say !! They're earned the right by now to plan nothing more than a small clutch of shows here n' there, and that's pretty much what they've been doing ever since they emerged in November 2012. I don't imagine they extend their horizons to much beyond the immediate next run of shows. All that's likely to happen in my humble opinion, is that one fine day ... something will happen and there simply won't be that next small clutch of shows, for whatever reason. And that folks .... will have been it !

Ladies n' gentlemen, the Rolling Stones have left the stage. And for those of you that missed it ... THAT was rock n' roll !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 29, 2016 15:17

powerage78
No.
His solos were awful during the first show at Desert Trip. Even ridiculous (Start me up. Come Together...) The rhythm playing was average. And sorry but Keith was out too...

DandelionPowderman
stone4ever
RaiseTheKnife
This is nothing to be feel sad about. I don't want to see an eighty year old Mick Jagger with a weak voice and feel like ''he used to be so good''. It's better to let everything has it time. There's still plenty of relevant material in the vaults. They're still sounding decent but I would rather see them retire than see them become a exhibition act like Chuck Berry.

In that respect i wish they has retired last year, 2016 has seen a decline in their performances. Especially Ronnie, he was poor in SA, but the year before he was as good as ever.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: October 29, 2016 15:18

DandelionPowderman
keithsman
DandelionPowderman
stone4ever
RaiseTheKnife

He wasn't as good in South Africa as he was last year.

Yet it's still 2016 smiling smiley

Lol I meant South America.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 29, 2016 15:54

I played a tape of Desert Trip 2 the other day. Got it, along with all the other performances from that weekend, for links on this site. Recordings are superb. I am sad to say that I was underwhelmed by the Stones. Jumpin Jack Flash is in my estimation the greatest single of all time. I play it to get energized prior to every Seahawk football game. It's a mojo thing now. I was shocked by how slow it was on the tape. It seemed that the life was sucked out of it. & that was supposed to be the good performance from Desert Trip! There are a few good moments but not even as many as 4 years ago. Maybe its time to rethink the whole thing. I have some high hopes for the blues record. If it is good & does well, maybe they should think about scaling back & going that route. Mick seems to be on a Peter Pan trip & its not very dignified. Just for example, look at Dylan. He's kind of doing an elder bluesman thing. Seems to be working fine for him. He's always been hit or miss live but I liked the performance from Indio. I saw him in 2000 seat theater a year ago & it was fantastic. I have to listen to Havana, I guess. I just don't want the Stones to become carictures of themselves. They have been much too important.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 29, 2016 16:28

crholmstrom

... Maybe its time to rethink the whole thing. I have some high hopes for the blues record. If it is good & does well, maybe they should think about scaling back & going that route...

That would echo my own brand of wishful thinking grinning smiley

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: October 29, 2016 17:09

The Stones will be slowing down from now on, the touring days are over, South Anerica was the last one, festivals in Europe will be the next step on 2017 but not too many shows, about 6-8 shows at best with Knebworth being one of them (it was in talks for two years now and it looks like next year will be the date) but STOP thinking about tours anymore, the boys are old and they don't want to be a caricature of themselves.

They will not promote any new album anymore, the die hard fans will buy their new stuff, who's gonna buy a covers album from the 50's other than old fans? Their new single didn't chart anywere, not even Europe, the music world is in other planet and the Stones are far from it.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 29, 2016 17:17

ReginaPhalange
stone66

a) Was anyone there that heard that for certain and could verify it?

On the tour page there's a review from someone who was there. He wrote this:
Now the Boston Herald published that Robert Kraft would have mentioned that this show was going to be legendary as it was possibly going to be the last show in the US ever. I can’t say if this will be true or not, or even if he has said that, because he didn’t say that on stage. However, one day it will be the last time, but if you ask me, this wasn’t it. Time will tell.

Boston

*there was also a Instagram photo from an attractive blonde woman who was up front at the show (weren't they all up front/ 200 people? Ugh.)
Anyway she wrote 'Final Rolling Stones show'
I don't want to give out her name. I thought she might have been Kraft's wife,
but no.

Posted by: ReginaPhalange ()
Date: October 29, 2016 17:23

I saw it on other Instagram accounts as well, posted before the Boston Hersld article. Who knows!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 29, 2016 17:25

Lonesome and Blue
Hardly anybody is going to know the original versions of these songs.
I'd guess maybe 10% of listeners will say:
Oh man I like the original song from 40 years ago better.

Furthermore,
Please do not compare Mick Jagger on stage to Bob Dylan on stage. Please.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: October 29, 2016 17:39

As long as Shirley Watts keeps collecting expensive horses, the Stones will keep touring.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: October 29, 2016 17:54

no one knows how it will all end, certainly illness or death of one of the members would and should close the chapter of the bands career, but i cant see them just quit after basically doing a private show, i see them doing britain next year and more specifically london, although i would love to see them come to glasgow.

the idea they adopted since 2012 where they commit to short tours has worked well for them, hope they keep doing this for a couple of years yet.

and when its all over we will all have plenty to talk about, no none will ever replace them.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: October 29, 2016 18:10

ouroux58
The Worst.

He found Mr.Spock!!!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: October 29, 2016 18:23

The Worst.
A gig on Djeema El Fna in Marrakech would be magic! The Berber culture in Morocco (and Marrakech in particular) has a fantastic musical inheritage that also influenced The Rolling Stones. No place in Africa plays such an important part in The Stones mythology as Marrakech. Keith, Mick and Brian travelled regullarly to this very special place in the late 1960s – and as you all know, they recorded interesting stuff with locals. It would be the most natural place in Africa to perform, although you could argue that Morroco is not part of the “real” Sub-Saharan Africa. Djeema El Fna is a huge square normally occupied by musicians, jugglers, dancers, food stalls and snake charmers. The flutes on the beginning of “Continental Drit” is just like the sound of Djeema El Fna as I remember it.

This is truly a spectacular photograph!
Where did it come from?

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 29, 2016 18:32

If they never get on stage again I'm good...the new Blues album is a much better way to help keep them alive in my head anyway....we've all seen the best shows ever before, some of us lucky enough to see them several times.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: October 29, 2016 18:38

Send It To me
Hard to believe they will never go back to NYC.

If this is true, I suspect the reason is that Charlie is done.

Why should they. They have better fans in other parts of the country.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: October 29, 2016 18:49

Kurt
This is truly a spectacular photograph!
Where did it come from?

I think I have it from this page, but no photographer is credited:
[www.venpormelilla.com]

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 29, 2016 18:54

ouroux58

No, that is Keith's flightcase.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: October 29, 2016 19:03

I thought that most of us pretty much agreed that the Stones would continue much like their idols, the very early blues performers, until they dropped. BB King, Muddy Waters...they never said " that's it, folks, I'm done!"..BB King simply died...performing is what they did not simply for the $$. There's a lot of things in BV's posts that are NOT said, the between the lines innuendos that are leading me to a very sad conclusion. Something has happened that has changed the dynamic in the band. Maybe one member is not well enough to do another major tour...I sure hope I am totally wrong, but as someone said, BV does NOT just toss out statements like the one he made...Time Waits For No One...for NO REASON. It may be that he simply wants to soften the blow that's coming. The other thing that bothers me is all of the rehearsing for what, 4 shows? PLUS, their NEW cd is coming out on Dec 2....no news of a few shows or a mini-tour to accompany that Blues cd? Very odd...great, so now I have a stomach ache! angry smiley

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: October 29, 2016 19:06

keithsman
DandelionPowderman
stone4ever
RaiseTheKnife

He wasn't as good in South Africa as he was last year.

The Vegas show was great.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 29, 2016 19:19

Koen
ouroux58

Thankfully it's not Keith himself.thumbs up

As mentioned, they could follow the Dylan game plan of scaling down the shows to smaller venues.
They could take it a step further by hunkering down at the smaller venues for a few weeks at a time vs. Dylan's 'Neverending Tour' strategy of meandering around the globe.

Royal Albert Hall, London - 20 nights would sell out easily.
Radio City Music Hall, New York - same as above.
Dolby Theater, Los Angeles -ditto.

Then throw in a couple of multi-millionaire private gigs to offset any costs.

Or they could do the Vegas thing like many other bands/artists...multiple nights at Caesars Palace ala Elton John.
You come to them rather than they come to you.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: October 29, 2016 19:25

Hairball
Koen
ouroux58

As mentioned, they could follow the Dylan game plan of scaling down the shows to smaller venues.
They could take it a step further by hunkering down at the smaller venues for a few weeks at a time vs. Dylan's 'Neverending Tour' strategy of meandering around the globe.

Or they could do the Vegas thing like many other bands/artists...multiple nights at Caesars Palace ala Elton John.

Why should they play 20 RAH shows? That would mean 2 1/2 months. Complete nonsense.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 29, 2016 19:28

Monsoon Ragoon
Hairball
Koen
ouroux58

Why should they play 20 RAH shows? That would mean 2 1/2 months. Complete nonsense.

Lol just brainstorming like everyone else... winking smiley
Do you have a better plan?

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: October 29, 2016 20:29

i never honestly thought that when i got into the stones in 1987 how good they actually were.

they have become a big part of my life and always will, no matter when they stop.

but yes it will be sad when it ends.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: October 29, 2016 20:35

<< have said it again and again since 2012... You need to go to a Stones show NOW if you want to see them live. Don't wait until later. May be there will be no more later.
>>
laugh ;I beg your pardon but what a weird post

So I was Lucky to be able to see them in Zurich in 2014 , June the 1st ?

In Europe 2017 I'll be there

smiling bouncing smiley

Well this could be the last time
This could be the last time
Maybe the last time
I don't know, oh no, oh no

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1850
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home