Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 2 of 9
Re: Will The Rolling Stones ever perform live again?
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 28, 2016 23:27

dcba
latebloomer
a quick few shows in Europe, but Africa!!??

Havana has proven a "3rd world" show configuration might work : a very large number of punters (1 mil or more?) and a very low admittance fee (5 USD) might do the trick?
I'm sure that between harvesting the same old same old European markets and exploring new grounds in Africa or India Jagger will definitely choose the latter.
After all he wanted to "conquer" China as early as 1979...

Yeah maybe, but I can't see being able to hop a plane to Africa or India, though I'd love to see both. Maybe I'll finally win the lottery.

Date: October 28, 2016 23:32

OT, but it looks naked around here without a sticky...could use one of Keith's scarves.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: October 28, 2016 23:34

bv
I have been following The Rolling Stones close since 1971. Over the years there have been times I have spend more time on Stones than on family and friends. That is still the situation. What I do know is that they will not tour forever. I talk to hundreds of close friends and contacts on tours and off tours. I never say anything based on one or a few sources.

They might still do a few shows in selected places, may be even in North America, but as time go by, the touring days will be over. It is sad for many, because The Rolling Stones are part of our lives, but I just want to prepare people. Let us cross our fingers and hope Mick and Keith and Charlie and Ronnie wake up one morning and call each other and arrange for another tour, another show, another tour, another tour...

thumbs upthumbs up That's more like it BV. We can only live in hope, but if this is the end, Wow what a ride its been, a story more unbelievable than the wildest imagination of any fiction writer, maybe they have a few chapters left for us. smiling smiley

Posted by: PdeGroot ()
Date: October 28, 2016 23:36

We wait and see, but when they do London, the circle is closed! Please don't tour in July/August!!

Posted by: geordiestone ()

It's all but over isn't it? Heartbreaking in so many selfish ways, but thank you for changing my life, my musical knowledge and just being there. If i am right, i wish them all a very happy retirement. sad smiley

Posted by: The Worst. ()

A gig on Djeema El Fna in Marrakech would be magic! The Berber culture in Morocco (and Marrakech in particular) has a fantastic musical inheritage that also influenced The Rolling Stones. No place in Africa plays such an important part in The Stones mythology as Marrakech. Keith, Mick and Brian travelled regullarly to this very special place in the late 1960s – and as you all know, they recorded interesting stuff with locals. It would be the most natural place in Africa to perform, although you could argue that Morroco is not part of the “real” Sub-Saharan Africa. Djeema El Fna is a huge square normally occupied by musicians, jugglers, dancers, food stalls and snake charmers. The flutes on the beginning of “Continental Drit” is just like the sound of Djeema El Fna as I remember it.

Posted by: Voodookitten76 ()
Date: October 28, 2016 23:58

"How could I stop, once I start, baby?" I hope we get to see you again someday soon, and if not, all the best in retirement. One love, Boys.

"Nice bit of silk, Em."

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 29, 2016 00:01

Stopping at their "height" is probably better................I won't make any predictions when they will stop.......as this discussing already started in 1973.........

Date: October 29, 2016 00:03

NICOS
Stopping at their "height" is probably better................I won't make any predictions when they will stop.......as this discussing already started in 1973.........

1792, you mean. winking smiley

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: October 29, 2016 00:14

HE plans to return on stage.

So why should the Stones do no more concerts? All of them seem to be in better condition.

Date: October 29, 2016 00:16

This thread is a neat diversion, i found myself going from being slightly disappointing with the Stones to feeling sad for them, that this could be the end, sorry for everyone that possibly we never see them again, but it doesn't change the fact that the last gig they may have ever played was purely for the money. Then i ask myself have all these shows since 2012 been for the money. Ticket prices defiantly went way up into the stratosphere since 2012. Mick and Keith were barely on talking terms in 2012. Mmm

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 29, 2016 00:17

Bjornulf I can't tell what you're saying or your opinion.
You are saying the RS are still taking up your time-
aren't you home now? Would you fly back just for the
NY Exibitionism opening even tho they are not playing,
and you've seen the exhibit already in London?
Either way, I will always continue to love and support
The Rolling Stones.

Date: October 29, 2016 00:21

HMS

So why should the Stones do no more concerts? All of them seem to be in better condition.

Is this Phil Collins, he has to go onstage to pay for all his divorces lol
This guy re Marry's his ex. Now that's just asking to go on tour

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: October 29, 2016 00:28

Somebody else used the phrase, and it's one that's gone through my head recently, if Gillette (down the road from me) in front of a few hundred millionaires, while not rescheduling Vegas #1 was it: This is the way the world ends, not with a bang but a whimper.
Folks can, and will, stick up for the way things were handled and the circumstances etc. But for me - I lost a LOT of respect for the band that I've loved with all my heart since I was 5 years old over the past couple of weeks.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 29, 2016 00:34

Wait, I bet you're in London BV for Wyman's birthday.
Where's Waldo, where's Bjornulf, none of my business.

No, I don't think the Stones are touring again.
Nope, I don't think it's symbolic w/ them last in England.
I think they did a hell of a job the last 4 years trying to
reach us all.
They finally arrived for me in the effort,
and I am forever grateful. What a life, what a band.

Date: October 29, 2016 00:36

DEmerson
Somebody else used the phrase, and it's one that's gone through my head recently, if Gillette (down the road from me) in front of a few hundred millionaires, while not rescheduling Vegas #1 was it: This is the way the world ends, not with a bang but a whimper.
Folks can, and will, stick up for the way things were handled and the circumstances etc. But for me - I lost a LOT of respect for the band that I've loved with all my heart since I was 5 years old over the past couple of weeks.

I think most people will agree with you on this subject, but you always get people that just disagree with you because they can. But yeah it was uncalled for with all the money they have. it just came to my mind that L'wren Scott committed suicide over her clothing business debts, 3 million i think it was, Mick earns this much money in just two private shows.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: October 29, 2016 00:42

bv
I have said it again and again since 2012... You need to go to a Stones show NOW if you want to see them live. Don't wait until later. May be there will be no more later.

Several sources do say this was the last time they played live in North America. May be. May be not.

May be they will do a few shows in Europe next year. May be they want to do something in Africa and India. May be. May be not.

The great shows The Rolling Stones have been performing over the years since 2012 and all the way up to now prove the fact that they are still relevant, but please do not take their live shows for granted.

Yes, star crossed in pleasure the stream flows on by
Yes, as we're sated in leisure, we watch it fly
And time waits for no one, and it won't wait for me
And time waits for no one, and it won't wait for me

As we stated bro not sated

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: October 29, 2016 00:44

stone4ever
HMS

Is this Phil Collins, he has to go onstage to pay for all his divorces lol
This guy re Marry's his ex. Now that's just asking to go on tour

Will Macca be playing bass as well

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 29, 2016 00:47

DEmerson

Funny.
I actually gained respect for them.
Specifically Mick. Was at the rail during DT2 and saw/heard him struggling.

And Vegas one essentially was rescheduled (plenty of seats available for it)
It was called.. Vegas 2 (Oct. 22nd).
Cheers.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 29, 2016 01:03

bv
I have been following The Rolling Stones close since 1971. Over the years there have been times I have spend more time on Stones than on family and friends. That is still the situation. What I do know is that they will not tour forever. I talk to hundreds of close friends and contacts on tours and off tours. I never say anything based on one or a few sources.

They might still do a few shows in selected places, may be even in North America, but as time go by, the touring days will be over. It is sad for many, because The Rolling Stones are part of our lives, but I just want to prepare people. Let us cross our fingers and hope Mick and Keith and Charlie and Ronnie wake up one morning and call each other and arrange for another tour, another show, another tour, another tour...

Thanks BV for this thread and your words for future plans although obviously not definite always point down the road apiece. I hope the Stones do pressers for Blue and Lonesome soon and we find out about a new original album and future possible touring plans.(or not). Peace

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 29, 2016 01:12

I think the first time I started hearing people say the Stones were done was about 1967. Just sayin'.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: October 29, 2016 01:14

Mick isn't ready to hang up his tennies yet, at least not completely. He also interested anymore in a solo tour that reprises Stones songs without Keith and Charlie and the crowd it brings. Obviously as the years progress they won't be touring as such, and life is fragile, but I imagine we'll see the Stones again.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 29, 2016 01:20

Have Faith .... 'cause like great lovers they'll perform tagether again and again ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: October 29, 2016 01:22

It's hard to imagine them not playing some shows in their 55th year as a band.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: October 29, 2016 01:23

If they announce a show in London after the end of April next year and I can get a ticket, I will plan a trip back to England around that, since it's been my goal since I became a fan to see them in their home town. Should be about as easy to get tickets to a London show as it is to win the lottery though...

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: October 29, 2016 01:45

Wow, that Kraft bloke has really started something.........

Makes me wonder though......Mick & Keith have spent since 1971 making a point of not announcing anything about their touring plans except what's been negotiated and signed..............

I'm not convinced (although prepared to be surprised) if they would say to some non entity business man................"Oh, here you are, tell the world, for the States at least, That's all folks"..........................doesn't sound right to me..............I think it was wishful thinking on Kraft's part ...."Oh, I held the last Stones show....aren't I the one?...............

I'm not on Twitter but am wondering, has anyone who is thought to ask on there whether there's any truth in his claim?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-29 01:46 by EddieByword.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: October 29, 2016 01:46

Aquamarine
I think the first time I started hearing people say the Stones were done was about 1967. Just sayin'.

It's true............

Posted by: roundnround ()
Date: October 29, 2016 01:51

Actually the Stones have played in Johannesburg, South Africa and also in Bangalore, India... But it would be great if they did more shows... Obviously the roots of the blues are in Africa so it would be nice to close the circle...

Date: October 29, 2016 01:54

roundnround
Actually the Stones have played in Johannesburg, South Africa and also in Bangalore, India... But it would be great if they did more shows... Obviously the roots of the blues are in Africa so it would be nice to close the circle...

They will probably feel a lot more at home in Africa, have you seen London these days lol.

Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: October 29, 2016 01:58

This is nothing to be feel sad about. I don't want to see an eighty year old Mick Jagger with a weak voice and feel like ''he used to be so good''. It's better to let everything has it's time. There's still plenty of relevant material in the vaults. They're still sounding decent but I would rather see them retire than see them become an exhibition act like Chuck Berry.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-29 02:03 by RaiseTheKnife.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 2 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1586
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home