Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Everyone like the On Stage seats?
Posted by: doster ()
Date: August 31, 2005 18:15

Any more thoughts on the On Stage seats? Do most people like them?

Re: Everyone like the On Stage seats?
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: August 31, 2005 18:22

been discussed quite a bit, doster. Seems like the majority opinion is that it's certainly a great "once in a lifetime" experience - don't pass up if the opportunity arises. not better than front row, though, so if you already have those in hand - keep 'em!

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: August 31, 2005 19:38

Write up in LA Times the other day...people complaining about the seats...saying they wish they'd not bought them.

Some like it, some don't...I doubt I would.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: August 31, 2005 21:01

Main problem about those seats: How good is the sound quality?

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: August 31, 2005 23:13

i liked it ,,i was on the king of cool side & got to c him & charlie at a angle I never had bfore ,,,the sound is good ,,, not as good as bein out in the audience,,,but still good ,,,there was very little echo ,,,now i was in box 1 stage L,,& i didn't move the whole show,,,but other people were goin from box 2 box & they said that our box had the best sound,,,,the way u c the crowd clappin ,,waveing their arms,,all the blinking tongues flashin,, its great,,,,,watch 2 c if there is more than 6 people in a box,,seems 2 me anything after 6 ,,,those people will hav 2 stand in back of some1,,,,,, is it better than front row ,,,, no ,,but thats only my opinion

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: September 1, 2005 00:00

Were they allowing small non-professional cameras in the On-Stage seating areas?

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: September 1, 2005 00:14

no ,,but i would of got mine on ,,i could of had a nice 6 min. video w. sound,,theres no problem with cell phones

Posted by: Goldsmith ()
Date: September 1, 2005 01:15

I was on-stage in Hartford, lower level, Keith side and I thought it was fantastic. They stopped serving beer a little too soon for my liking but over all was a once in a lifetime experience.

Posted by: mba ()
Date: September 6, 2005 15:22

My friend managed to get two on-stage tickets to the Moncton show. We are both die-hard fans and I have to tell you that it was an amazing experience. We were in the second tier, stage right in box 13 directly overhead of Lisa, Bernard, Blondie and Chuck. We actually met Blondie and Bernard in the Delta Hotel earlier that day and they both told us they don't know the set until an hour before show time. I've seen the Stones about 20 times and this had to be one of their tightest shows. The view of the 80,000+ crowd was amazing and the energy was incredible. No open bar. Water was $3 CDN a bottle and beer was about $5. The sound was good and watching the band from that angle was great. We could not see Charlie as he sits under a canopy to protect him. Mick, Keith and Ronnie wandered over a lot and waved to the fans in these seats. Lisa came over frequently as well.

I strongly suggest that if you have the chance to buy an onstage ticket that you do so. I know some of the views from the lower tier are not great. As noted, we were in box 13 and could see 98% of what was going on. You can't take any bags, knapsacks, etc. into the box, however, one guy had a small digital camera and had no problem snapping pictures. By the way...the onstage tickets were $250 CDN a piece and we ordered them online.

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: September 6, 2005 16:39

IN the US it seems like to other reports that you were not allowed at all to bring anything even mobile or vallet on stage. Look on rs.com. After so many people dropped things from the boxes during fenway shows you had to leave ALL belongings at a VIP tent.

Posted by: cmmacdougall ()
Date: September 6, 2005 16:52

I too was On Stage in Moncton. Lower level, Keith's side. All I can say is INCREDIBLE. I am not one of those who will critique the sound because I was there for the experience. I must say that TicketBastard didn't really have their stuff together very well. I arrived on-site at about 12 noon. Gates opened at 1:00. The confirmation email form TM said will-call would be set up at gate 2. So I arrived at gate 2 and joined about 6 others who weere looking for their tickets. The young security guy looked like a dear in headlights with all of us. He had no idea what we were talking about. Long story short, after being directed from gate to gate to gate, we were finally directed to go about 1 km down the road where we found our will-call trailer. Finally we had our tickets and would be getting in.

Fast-forward about 7 hours...we were lining up for back stage access and were given our laminated pass, bracelet and a sheet of rules. Rule #1: No Cameras. I had one in my pocket so I decided that unless I was patted down, it was coming in with me. I got back to the coral where we were held until it was time to go on the stage. One of the hostesses went around and asked everybody to hand over their backpacks and bags. They were not permitted on stage. My freind had one so she took her camera out and put it in her pocket and then handed her bag over.

Then we were brought onto the stage. Seeing the crowd from that angle was incredible. I don't know if it would be as impressive in an arena, but the crowd in Moncton was the most people I have ever seen. You get a really neat perspective up there. We could see pretty much the entire stage, but did not get to see the light show or the large video screen very well.

We started taking pictures and one of the security guys with the yellow shirts came up to me and said, "Once the concert gets going I'll give you my camera to take some pictures too". It turns out that the rules we were given were different form the rules given to security. This guy showed me the list of rules he was supposed to enforce and it clearly said "No cameras with zoom lenses". I'm not sure why the discepancy in rules, but hey, who am I to argue, right? He did warn me not to let the security guys in black see it, though.

The show was unreal. The band kept looking up at us and waving and smiling. Around the end, Lisa took a walk over and gave us a wave and jokingly stuck her tongue out at us. What a gal....

I would definitely recommend these boxes to anyone who want to se the band up close and see things you wouldn't normally see formt he ground. If you are one fo the people who expect exceptional sound, perhaps the ground is where you should be, although I was very happy with the sound where I was.

I hope to post some pictures soon.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: September 6, 2005 17:10

On Stage KICKS ASS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do it.
Do it.
Do it.

Did I tell you that I liked it?

Date: September 20, 2005 20:57

Upper Ronnie Side... UNREAL.

7th Row for Ottawa, then OnStage Moncton... incredible week!

Anybody have pics from the Moncton show?

I've got a pile from Ottawa if interested.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2001
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home