Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516
Current Page: 16 of 16
Re: The Rolling Stones live in Las Vegas, October 22 2016
Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: October 25, 2016 17:13

"Ride 'Em on Down"

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: October 25, 2016 18:56

deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-25 18:56 by geordiestone.

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: October 25, 2016 21:03

deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-25 21:08 by geordiestone.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 25, 2016 21:56

spikenyc
"Ride 'Em on Down"

[www.youtube.com]

OOoooo very nice thanks. Their joy translates to the audience on these blues tunes!! drinking smiley

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: October 25, 2016 23:10

babyblue
Any DVD made yet.

Yes there is smiling smiley

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 26, 2016 01:22

It was a relief to see them on stage and to put on such a good solid show in the circumstances. I was on the rail and saw Mick blowing his nose quite a few times, so all kudos to him for soldiering on while still not fully recovered. He played some of the most terrific harp ever, which I took to mean that he was doing his best to make up to the audience for singing with some caution because of his larynx.

I was never optimistic about a rescheduled show, as most of the audience were not locals. They had travelled, so what were the chances of them rearranging flights (especially if non-refundable), time off work and all the rest of it, and who would have bought all the refunded tickets at such short notice? It just wasn't going to happen.

Mick didn't mention Trump, Clinton or the debate by name but he did make a joke about it, except it was so subtle that I think it probably went over most people's heads or perhaps he was just muttering a bit too much for people to hear it properly. I can't remember the opener or the exact line - may be someone else can - but it ended with something like "well, there was one going on here the other night as well". It made me laugh, anyway!

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: October 26, 2016 02:01

I wasn't surprised by the cancellation. It is a bit of a no win for them. Personally as we had bought on the secondary market (for Saturday) a cancellation is easier than a reschedule.

Sorry we missed you Beast. We are coming down to the O2 on Friday.See you in the Pilot ?

Date: October 26, 2016 02:26

Yes, see you Friday, straycat! thumbs up

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: October 26, 2016 02:49

are those comments by keith on twitter complete. couldn't catch every word but he seemed to be implying it's possibly the last time on an american stage. can't remember if it was after slipping away or lil' TnA.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: October 26, 2016 04:34

Beast
It was a relief to see them on stage and to put on such a good solid show in the circumstances. I was on the rail and saw Mick blowing his nose quite a few times, so all kudos to him for soldiering on while still not fully recovered. He played some of the most terrific harp ever, which I took to mean that he was doing his best to make up to the audience for singing with some caution because of his larynx.

I was never optimistic about a rescheduled show, as most of the audience were not locals. They had travelled, so what were the chances of them rearranging flights (especially if non-refundable), time off work and all the rest of it, and who would have bought all the refunded tickets at such short notice? It just wasn't going to happen.

Mick didn't mention Trump, Clinton or the debate by name but he did make a joke about it, except it was so subtle that I think it probably went over most people's heads or perhaps he was just muttering a bit too much for people to hear it properly. I can't remember the opener or the exact line - may be someone else can - but it ended with something like "well, there was one going on here the other night as well". It made me laugh, anyway!

He said something like "there was another show going on here....not sure if it was a comedy or tragedy"

Hi beast! It was just wonderful.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 26, 2016 05:57

This just came up on Twitter:

Hauke Jurgensen

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: October 26, 2016 06:10

Never mind...wrong thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-26 06:34 by SomeTorontoGirl.

Date: October 27, 2016 01:32

steffialicia
Beast

He said something like "there was another show going on here....not sure if it was a comedy or tragedy"

Hi beast! It was just wonderful.

Hi back! And thanks for doing a much better job than me of remembering those lines thumbs up

Date: October 29, 2016 02:49

With all the complaining about ticket prices here's a little fuel on the fire. Saw The Damned last night in LA. About $60 (with fees) and they played for 3 hours = $20/hour. Stones - $800 (with fees) for 2 hours = $400/hour. I know, apples to oranges. LOL.

Scotty,
Irvine, CA

Date: October 29, 2016 04:21

[email protected]
With all the complaining about ticket prices here's a little fuel on the fire. Saw The Damned last night in LA. About $60 (with fees) and they played for 3 hours = $20/hour. Stones - $800 (with fees) for 2 hours = $400/hour. I know, apples to oranges. LOL.

Scotty,
Irvine, CA

Damn! That's impressive apple to orange'ing!
It's nice to know a great band is still into it for more than the money.
Kraftwerk has been asking $75 or so as well, and included 3D!

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: October 29, 2016 12:30

I had Lucky Dips for the 19th.
My credit card expires on the 31th.
No refund yet.
Your advice please

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 29, 2016 14:10

FirstTimeSeattle81
[email protected]

Scotty,
Irvine, CA

The Cure last spring in Portland. $40 for a pretty good seat. 3 hours, 34 songs. + they had a stunning light & video rig. Totally awesome.

Re: The Rolling Stones Las Vegas show Saturday October 22 is on! Live show comments here please
Posted by: Plink ()
Date: October 29, 2016 14:19

Cristiano Radtke
Great pic from Beast:

Mick & Sasha dancing "cheek to cheek" - cool shot, Beast! thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: October 29, 2016 14:34

Mick twirls for Charlie!
Favorite fun video moment (from 3:30-3:40)
Check out the look on Charlie's face grinning smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 29, 2016 19:26

Plink
Mick twirls for Charlie!
Favorite fun video moment (from 3:30-3:40)
Check out the look on Charlie's face grinning smiley

Mick: "Just think Charlie, each time I twirl equals $10,000 in our pockets"!
Charlie: "Indeed...keep on twirling"!!!

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: October 29, 2016 19:45

marclaff
I had Lucky Dips for the 19th.
My credit card expires on the 31th.
No refund yet.
Your advice please

I applied for refund on the 20th, jusy got my credit this morning. But was through AXS, yours will probably come from the Stones? I would try to call about it.

Date: October 29, 2016 21:36

FirstTimeSeattle81
[email protected]

Scotty,
Irvine, CA

Now admittedly, The Damned have one tenth the road crew, staging, and support personnel. They're not really on the same level as The Stones. But Dave Vivian still is an imposing presence on stage. The way he prowls the stage and carries himself you couldn't keep your eyes off him. Kinda like a really darker version of Mick. (Please no hate responses. Just an opinion.) And Captain was goofy and fun to watch. They really are apples to oranges. But to see two great concerts by two such completely different kind of bands/styles of music within 5 days of each other was awesome. God I love rock n roll.

BTW. They started by playing their newest material first and worked their way back in their catalogue closing with New Rose, their first single. Interesting concept.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-29 21:54 by micknkeef@cox.net.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 29, 2016 21:44

[email protected]
Dave Vivian still is an imposing presents on stage

That's crazy!!!! What does he do, bring out life-size Transformers and flame throwers and whatever kids want for birthday and xmas presents? Does he give them away?

Date: October 29, 2016 21:53

GasLightStreet
[email protected]

That's crazy!!!! What does he do, bring out life-size Transformers and flame throwers and whatever kids want for birthday and xmas presents? Does he give them away?

Meant 'presence'. Corrected. Geez, the grammar police are out in force. LOL.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 29, 2016 21:58

[email protected]
GasLightStreet
[email protected]

Meant 'presence'. Corrected. Geez, the grammar police are out in force. LOL.

It was too funny to pass up!

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: November 2, 2016 00:22

Boxscore:

The Rolling Stones
T-Mobile Arena
Las Vegas, Nev.
Oct. 22, 2016
$7,047,048
14,133 / 14,133
1 / 1
$750, $450, $150, $39.50
Concerts West/AEG Live

[www.billboard.com]

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: November 2, 2016 00:27

georgelicks
Boxscore:

The Rolling Stones
T-Mobile Arena
Las Vegas, Nev.
Oct. 22, 2016
$7,047,048
14,133 / 14,133
1 / 1
$750, $450, $150, $39.50
Concerts West/AEG Live

[www.billboard.com]

Funny how they did not list the $250 and $350's

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 2, 2016 01:04

Impressive numbers.
Good on 'em

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 2, 2016 02:24

spikenyc
"Ride 'Em on Down"

[www.youtube.com]

have not heard this for a while...as good if not better than first listen...it almost sounds like it takes 20+ years of them....very nice.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 2, 2016 06:16

I'm a dealing man ... still dealing yet ...
Keep on dealing darling till I can find me a bet
Don't stop dealin' babe I believe I'll ride 'em on down ......

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516
Current Page: 16 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1770
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home