Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 15 of 16
The Rolling Stones - Las Vegas, October 22 2016
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 24, 2016 15:16

Date: October 24, 2016 15:17

Date: October 24, 2016 15:21

Date: October 24, 2016 15:22

Date: October 24, 2016 15:24

Date: October 24, 2016 15:25

Date: October 24, 2016 15:29

40 shot Erik Kabik photoset > [liveforlivemusic.com]

Re: The Rolling Stones Las Vegas show Saturday October 22 is on! Live show comments here please
Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: October 24, 2016 17:32

Mighty fine photos!

Re: The Rolling Stones Las Vegas show Saturday October 22 is on! Live show comments here please
Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: October 24, 2016 17:46

Watching half the video Keith is barely playing. Dismaying and pathetic so if you somehow score "Keith Side" seats you are wasting your time and money. On Satisfaction neither Ronnie or Keith are playing the fuzz tone lead notes. My guess is they are coming from a synthesizer and done by Chuck or Matt Clifford.

+++ To Mick on more guitar and harmonica to compensate. Ronnie and Mick now front the RS. No Shepard's pie for you Keith!

Date: October 24, 2016 17:47

triceratops
Watching half the video Keith is barely playing. Dismaying and pathetic so if you somehow score "Keith Side" seats you are wasting your time and money. On Satisfaction neither Ronnie or Keith are playing the fuzz tone lead notes. My guess is they are coming from a synthesizer and done by Chuck or Matt Clifford.

+++ To Mick on more guitar and harmonica to compensate. Ronnie and Mick now front the RS. No Shepard's pie for you Keith!

I reckon you didn't watch MR...

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: October 24, 2016 17:55

Love to see that Keith's white Gibson ES 345 is back.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: October 24, 2016 18:00

DandelionPowderman
triceratops

I reckon you didn't watch MR...

Or Gimmie Shelter.
I really loved that one. Sasha is developing into a very decent replacement for the
lovely Lisa.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 24, 2016 18:19

watching the videos from the pit I can feel Mick in a "conservative" performance of course, but the band is on very well. I won't go as far as praising MR as "the best since" but it is actually and "naturally" good. also I like that Mick can't overdo the "Ooooooh yeaah" part as sometimes he does. Good Keith and Ronnie.

and yes - to reassure all those who like both to keep living in 1973 AND here now on this forum - no it is not as good as Brussels

Date: October 24, 2016 19:10

Blinded by love.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 24, 2016 19:18

Haven't watched any videos yet, but based on memory Chuck really screwed up his solo on Honky Tonk Women - never seen him so out of time.
I wonder what through him off, but it was a trainwreck - it looked like he couldn't wait for the spotlight to get off of him.
Usually he basks in all the glory while tinkering away relentlessly, but something was messed up.

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: October 24, 2016 19:30

I love this hypothetical reviews, it's like I'm sitting on my sofa thinking of Paris and imagining the Eiffel tower is too windy and complaining about it

Hairball
Haven't watched any videos yet, but based on memory Chuck really screwed up his solo on Honky Tonk Women - never seen him so out of time.
I wonder what through him off, but it was a trainwreck - it looked like he couldn't wait for the spotlight to get off of him.
Usually he basks in all the glory while tinkering away relentlessly, but something was messed up.

I make daily videos on the tour at [youtube.com]
Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: October 24, 2016 19:50

Green Lady
with sssoul
HankM
These guys seem like they have played the blues before, they are good at it.

:E :E :E

They've been practicing for a while...

They could get to Carnegie hall if they keep this up grinning smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 24, 2016 19:50

zgubi
I love this hypothetical reviews, it's like I'm sitting on my sofa thinking of Paris and imagining the Eiffel tower is too windy and complaining about it

Hairball

I'm still in Vegas with fresh memories of the show which I was in attendance at Saturday night - nothing hypothetical about it.
Just the facts!

Posted by: Welsh Stone ()
Date: October 24, 2016 20:41

Finally arrived home today after a long trip but was worth it - MR stood out for me as usual. Must admit I was sweating a bit when the Wednesday gig was called off as a long way to go with no show to go to - glad I didn't get a ticket on eBay now! Jagger had plenty of energy but wish he would lose the scripted joke "ad libs."

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 24, 2016 20:46

I love Ronnies jackets that he wears on stage.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: October 24, 2016 21:26

Mick's most recent tweet was posted an hour ago from Boston... surprised there is not a thread for this supposed show people have mentioned!

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: October 24, 2016 21:40

zgubi
Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Las Vegas and safe travels on your journeys back home.
Still in Vegas for tonight in order to finally catch some sleep after a crazy intense adventure to meet some of you and see the Stones in Vegas.

This was one of my more complex travel projects as I had to obtain a visa, go through all sorts of formalities and planning during the past three months in order to reach Las Vegas and meet my Stones friends from all around the world and also to make new ones.

I love the community and the wonderful people I meet on the way, Wednesday cancellation was bad however in a strange way I think it was better that we were together and supported each other and even Mick!

Now about the show, I didn't particularly enjoy this arena, the sound was strange but guitars were loud however the bass was a little too low.
I liked how they step in for each other and put a little more effort to cover for one of them who is a less optimal moment.
It was my first 3-song by Keith set and I loved it, I had yet another new song with the blues and I got to spend the concert with Mr Foxy on a very precious pair of lucky dip tickets.

I've so far worked on a daily video for the whole adventure, starting with Desert Trip, all videos are available in the playlist link below.
I want to thank everyone who wanted to be part of this little video, for me it's a very valuable memory, will try to come back with a more accurate report after some recovery time!

video: [www.youtube.com]

Hi Andrea. I've been following your videos since the Ole tour.
Great Job! I especially loved your video on Rio.(Rio is like a second home to me) You definitely have a knack for filmmaking.
I also love your positive attitude that comes thru on all your videos.
Keep up the good work. smileys with beer

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: October 24, 2016 21:59

spikenyc
Midnight Rambler
This is one of the best audience shot videos!

[www.youtube.com]

Holy Hannah! This is incredible! Bet this guy never pays for another drink at any Stones gathering - I'd like to buy him one right now.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: October 24, 2016 22:01

alieb
Mick's most recent tweet was posted an hour ago from Boston... surprised there is not a thread for this supposed show people have mentioned!

cool smiley

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: October 24, 2016 23:32

More Hot Rocks
spikenyc
More Hot Rocks
spikenyc
Or Mick is just being careful and saving his voice?
Or taking a dump?

Quit acting like a jerk

Lighten up Francis!
Just haveing some fun.
Rambler!!

]

Yes. Idiotic. Grow up or go away.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-24 23:43 by steffialicia.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: October 24, 2016 23:44

To my ears and eyes the Vegas show was great! If this is the end - and I hope it is not - they finished strong. It's been said many times before, but God bless the Rolling Stones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-24 23:45 by Shawn20.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: October 25, 2016 02:43

triceratops

Not true - I was on Keith's side and the whole show, including Keith, was awesome! I think you have to be there to understand

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: October 25, 2016 06:04

sarahunwin
triceratops

Not true - I was on Keith's side and the whole show, including Keith, was awesome! I think you have to be there to understand

I agree with you Sarahunwin. There were some nice licks from Keith (and a couple of near misses) overall, you'll be happy with the upcoming DVD f Om this show

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-25 08:18 by midimannz.

Re: The Rolling Stones live in Las Vegas, October 22 2016
Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: October 25, 2016 11:49

Any DVD made yet.

Re: The Rolling Stones live in Las Vegas, October 22 2016
Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: October 25, 2016 13:44

I was at the Vegas show and thought they did fine. Mick was obviously holding back a little, but that was understandable and Keith was a little ragged, but not in the trainwreck territory of some of the Desert clips.

I was taken aback by some of the warhorses like Rambler, Shelter and Satisfaction which were "on fire" IMHO. Would like to have heard more of the new blues numbers, but that's been picky.......A great show !

An arena show seems to tighten them up and is probably the best size venue to see them in nowadays. It just gets so expensive without the GA option.

sc uk

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 15 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2095
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home