Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Brussels affair box-dancing with Mr. D, the single.
Posted by: Kuntaman ()
Date: October 22, 2016 01:32

Anyones got this single? It's a live version of the song. Only in the brussels affair box. Is there a bootleg version of this single?

Re: Brussels affair box-dancing with Mr. D, the single.
Posted by: tioms ()
Date: October 22, 2016 05:56

IMO, there is no SG in it, or they have forgotten to put it in my box.
That book inside calls "Dancing With Mr D"
That box contains:
3 lp's , 2 cd's, book, wristwatch
greets

Date: October 22, 2016 09:21

No single, but the book is lovely.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: October 22, 2016 09:29

The book is great indeed...some boxes got the CD's included,some with autographs by Mick...never heard of a 7" coming with it.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: October 22, 2016 09:35

HMN

Date: October 22, 2016 11:13

Which box set is that? There were no t-shirt or 7" single in mine.

And where is the big reel-to-reel case?

Date: October 22, 2016 11:24

I wonder which song they are playing in '7 with Keith on the red LP Junior

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: October 22, 2016 12:24

Sorry honestman,
Never seen or heard about that box that you are presenting.
In my box: NO shirt or No 7"sg.

Are you talking about that Red Box? or something else?
I know people (2) who got that red box for free but, I don't know what it contains.
Here are 3 for sale, no speaking of 7" or shirt.

[www.ebay.co.uk]
[www.ebay.co.uk]
[www.ebay.co.uk]
Greets,

Date: October 22, 2016 12:45

I've grabbed the pics from memory on the Bravado US site.
It has been promoted and available during a very short time only.
I didn't recall exactly when but it was not that long after the release of the unumbered boxsets.
I have never seen someone with it, but it was official and should exist.

HMN

Date: October 22, 2016 12:48

@tioms

It's the same box plus the single and shirt included.

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-22 12:49 by Honestman.

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: October 23, 2016 11:25

there's no single or Tshirt in my box.
I wonder how many have been made and sold ?

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 23, 2016 15:16

I remember seeing this advertised on the official web page. Of course after the initial sale so we would buy the set twice. I've never heard of anyone owning this. Sure somebody must?

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: October 23, 2016 15:39

None were in my box as well. Just the regular stuff that was listed. Great box too! Beautiful! I wish they would do somehting like that for Ya Ya's on vinyl. It could be stunning!

Date: October 23, 2016 15:49

whitem8
None were in my box as well. Just the regular stuff that was listed. Great box too! Beautiful! I wish they would do somehting like that for Ya Ya's on vinyl. It could be stunning!

They did a box for Ya Ya's on vinyl. I have it smiling smiley

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: October 23, 2016 16:32

Vinyl box set? COOL! What is in it? And where did you get it. I have looked on ebay. Nothing. I have the Japanese import from the 80s and the box CD set and the clear vinyl. I would love to get the Anniversary edition in a vinyl box set.

They should though, release the full show in a box set with tour poster, DVD of the full show, and a separate record of Ike and Tina and BB. That would be amazing!

Posted by: jbgoode ()
Date: October 23, 2016 17:44

I've got the boxset with the 7".
When the box came out, i didn't buy it, 'cause i didn't have the money. Beside that i thought the price was a bit too redicilous. After a few months i got a mail from Bravado, that the box was a bit cheaper, and they would include a 7" single with "Dancing with mr. D", signed by Mick Taylor....I ordered immediately!
That's the story. I don't know anything about the T-shirts; never saw them advertized.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 23, 2016 17:50

whitem8
Vinyl box set? COOL! What is in it? And where did you get it. I have looked on ebay. Nothing. I have the Japanese import from the 80s and the box CD set and the clear vinyl. I would love to get the Anniversary edition in a vinyl box set.

They should though, release the full show in a box set with tour poster, DVD of the full show, and a separate record of Ike and Tina and BB. That would be amazing!

I bought a couple of these when it first came out in 2009...3 vinyls and a dvd...sorry you missed it whitem8. it was available for years at around $90 but when i checked just now seems to have gone up considerably:

[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: October 23, 2016 18:40

treaclefingers
whitem8

I bought a couple of these when it first came out in 2009...3 vinyls and a dvd...sorry you missed it whitem8. it was available for years at around $90 but when i checked just now seems to have gone up considerably:

[www.amazon.com]

[m.ebay.de]

Hey whitem...neither I'm the seller nor do I know him...so in case you're interested,at your own risk cool smiley

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: October 23, 2016 20:13

Wow, this looks awesome. The version of the box set that I got (when I bought my O2 tickets in 2012) included the vinyl, the watch, I think maybe the CDs, and I also got sent a 73 tour poster, but no t shirt or vinyl single.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 23, 2016 22:07

The single was offered later to help sell the box, but as I recall it was still very expensive. I always thought that it was a real shame that this was not released at normal prices, although it was made available as a download.

Posted by: HenrikBB ()
Date: October 24, 2016 02:34

jbgoode
I've got the boxset with the 7".
When the box came out, i didn't buy it, 'cause i didn't have the money. Beside that i thought the price was a bit too redicilous. After a few months i got a mail from Bravado, that the box was a bit cheaper, and they would include a 7" single with "Dancing with mr. D", signed by Mick Taylor....I ordered immediately!
That's the story. I don't know anything about the T-shirts; never saw them advertized.

Maybe a "silly" question, - but -
can you confirm that the versions - on the 7" - of "Dancing With . . . . " &
"Doo Doo D D D" (the timings matches) are taken from the "Brussels Affair", -
or are they in any way different ?
- BTW - please send photos of your record and cover to stones.7, -
as I donĀ“t think it is listed there yet . . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-24 02:43 by HenrikBB.

Posted by: blivet ()
Date: October 24, 2016 03:35

drbryant
The single was offered later to help sell the box, but as I recall it was still very expensive. I always thought that it was a real shame that this was not released at normal prices, although it was made available as a download.

Yes, if I could have just bought the CDs on their own at a standard price I would have jumped at the chance. As it is, the deluxe sets are far too expensive for me, especially since it's not as if this material hasn't been available elsewhere for years. I still have my cassette recording of the KBFH radio show from way back when.

Posted by: andreas ()
Date: October 24, 2016 18:48

the 7" dancing with mr D/heartbreaker included, is just the studio versions on my single... strange that Mr Clearmountain is credited for the mix on the backside of the 7 " its not a remix or a live version from brussels...

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: October 24, 2016 19:51

andreas
the 7" dancing with mr D/heartbreaker included, is just the studio versions on my single... strange that Mr Clearmountain is credited for the mix on the backside of the 7 " its not a remix or a live version from brussels...

The timings shown on the cover indicates the live recordings.
Dancing is 4:53 on GHS and Heartbreaker is only 3:29.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: October 24, 2016 19:58

Deltics
andreas

The timings shown on the cover indicates the live recordings.
Dancing is 4:53 on GHS and Heartbreaker is only 3:29.

Exactly what I was going to ask for . . . .

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 24, 2016 20:20

I'm more interested in what version of 'Dancing' it is, and from what show. The boot I have from years past has a much better, much bass funkier version of 'Dancing' than what was officially released.

Date: October 24, 2016 21:29

24FPS
I'm more interested in what version of 'Dancing' it is, and from what show. The boot I have from years past has a much better, much bass funkier version of 'Dancing' than what was officially released.

my 7" is the GHS studio versions 2009 Stephen Marcussen remastered....supernice artwork and signed by Mick Taylor.. A superb package and a must have box,

Date: October 24, 2016 22:22

andreas
24FPS

my 7" is the GHS studio versions 2009 Stephen Marcussen remastered....supernice artwork and signed by Mick Taylor.. A superb package and a must have box,

Thanks a lot Andreas ! - but excuse me for being a little confused . . .

You have the depicted 7", - Dancing, - and Heartbreaker, - labeled runningtime
4.38 & 5.03, - and tells us, - that it is holding the regular GHS-studioversions . . . ? ( 4.53 & 3.26 )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-24 22:24 by HenrikBB.

Date: October 24, 2016 22:41

yes, exactly :-) I double-checked it now, its been a while since i listened to it.
the 7 "labels show 4:52/ 3:27 and are the reg GHS studio versions, the back cover says 4:38 / 5:03 and mixed by b clearmountain & mastered by s marcussen.
my brussels affairs box is hand numbered 656 and is signed by taylor (7") and inside book by nick kent & jagger.
i do not remember if they sold it as a " live bonus 7"....live or not, its an awesome item....

Date: October 24, 2016 23:41

andreas
yes, exactly :-) I double-checked it now, its been a while since i listened to it.
the 7 "labels show 4:52/ 3:27 and are the reg GHS studio versions, the back cover says 4:38 / 5:03 and mixed by b clearmountain & mastered by s marcussen.
my brussels affairs box is hand numbered 656 and is signed by taylor (7") and inside book by nick kent & jagger.
i do not remember if they sold it as a " live bonus 7"....live or not, its an awesome item....

Bloody Hell Andreas !
Thanks a lot for your info ! - and this really exposes why it can be
such a drag being a Rolling Stones-Collector ! ! !
- Congratulations to you, - for owning such a wonderful collectors item ! !
smileys with beer !

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1452
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home