Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 14
Re: The Rolling Stones Las Vegas show October 19 cancelled
Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: October 20, 2016 07:31

bv
Last night we walked over to the T-Mobile arena several times as the show got cancelled, to talk to other fans. I met a guy and told him the show was cancelled. He went blank for a long while, and I felt bad because I was the messenger. After a long while of thinking he told me he had been driving from Philadelphia Pennsylvania here to Las Vegas for three - 3 days. The way getting here might have been long, but the way back home will be longer, as he could not stay until Saturday.

I will never ever complain about cancellations. They do happen at times. My worries are nothing as compared to many others, who spent their days off work, vacation time, all their savings, may be their only option this year, to get here. Let's Drink to the hard working people. Let's drink to the salt of the earth.

Right on BV!

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: October 20, 2016 07:32

FirstTimeSeattle81
DeanGoodman
If you feel like blowing $350 (I donĀ“t), Secs. 3 and 18 must be the best bets - easy to self-upgrade closer to the stage or to neighboring sections.

I would love to be in 3 or 18! Always been able to 'sneak up' close for MGM Arena (& MSG before the remodel) but stuck up in the balcony this time. If we get Saturday's show.

I have section 18. 3rd row. Great seat!

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 20, 2016 10:15

Ticket prices are purely amazing.
Even indecent.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: October 20, 2016 11:17

we put together a little video message for Mick, maybe it helps to at least send some support smiling smiley

I make daily videos on the tour at [youtube.com]
Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 20, 2016 12:14

stargroover
I think judging from the poor ticket sales for the two Las Vegas shows, it explains why we only got the "small tour".And if that is the case,it really does suck.Maybe they are only willing to pay for the big bucks these days?Cuba being the exception.
Sympathy to the diehard fans who missed the show.It happened to me many years back at the Wembley gig.Mind you in those days it wasn't an arm and a leg to get a ticket.
I really do think it is time they gave something back to the genuine fan,rather than the continual fleecing that goes on.If they are not careful they will be remembered as an act who got greedy,very greedy and bled folks dry,and played more or less the same set night after night.Maybe they just became that Las Vegas act?And now Vegas appears to have given them the finger.

It's hard to argue with that indeed...with the fee they got for Desert Trip they could have certainly afforded (as if they needed to !) to play for "reasonable" prices but in show business you have to keep pushing the envelope I suppose...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-20 12:14 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: October 20, 2016 12:28

angee
Thanks, stonesfrkkk.

Btw, the weather in LV this week is absolutely beautiful, warm but not hot, then slightly cool-ish at night.

Angee, did you decide to stay? If so, hit me up!
-swiss

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 20, 2016 12:53

...a lot of cynical comments around here.

Mick's record of soldiering on when not in the best of nick is excellent.

To have postponed so few shows as they have down the years is quite an achievemment in my book.

If Mick can't sing, you have no Rolling Stones. Simple as that.

He's very aware of that reponsibility and, as history tells us, would not have taken that decision unless he physically couldn't sing or his voice was at risk of further significant damage if he did.

Date: October 20, 2016 13:09

Spud

To have postponed so few shows as they have down the years is quite an achievemment in my book.

He's very aware of that reponsibility and, as history tells us, would not have taken that decision unless he physically couldn't sing or his voice was at risk of further significant damage if he did.

thumbs up

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 20, 2016 13:18

DandelionPowderman
Spud

thumbs up

thumbs up

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: October 20, 2016 14:10

sarahunwin
I have section 18. 3rd row. Great seat!

Right behind ya! I hope... (Fingers crossed and blowing humid air all over Mick Jagger.)

Posted by: Starr ()
Date: October 20, 2016 16:38

thumbs upthumbs upQuote
DandelionPowderman
Spud

thumbs up

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 20, 2016 16:42

Is there a make up date for the show ?

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: October 20, 2016 17:05

Get well soon Mick, your real fans love, respect and trust you.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: October 20, 2016 17:23

A friend who works for AEG said they expect to make an annoucement tomorrow 10/20 regarding the cancelled or re-scheduled show(s).

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: October 20, 2016 17:39

So it is still completely unclear whether there will be a show Saturday?

(inferring from "cancelled or re-scheduled show(s)" )

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: October 20, 2016 17:41

spikenyc
A friend who works for AEG said they expect to make an annoucement tomorrow 10/20 regarding the cancelled or re-scheduled show(s).

fingers crossed for everyone with tickets to saturday!

Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: October 20, 2016 18:02

Saw Billy Idol at the House of Blues last night, killer show in a great small venue. Billy & his band brought it.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: October 20, 2016 18:18

dhinkle555
Saw Billy Idol at the House of Blues last night, killer show in a great small venue. Billy & his band brought it.

Us too !!! Great show and we danced our asses off

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: October 20, 2016 18:19

spikenyc

She did not indicate anything about Saturdays show. Just that an annoucement will be made. Im sure they will address both shows with the annoucement.

Stay tuned!

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: October 20, 2016 18:27

gotdablouse
stargroover
I think judging from the poor ticket sales for the two Las Vegas shows, it explains why we only got the "small tour".And if that is the case,it really does suck.Maybe they are only willing to pay for the big bucks these days?Cuba being the exception.
Sympathy to the diehard fans who missed the show.It happened to me many years back at the Wembley gig.Mind you in those days it wasn't an arm and a leg to get a ticket.
I really do think it is time they gave something back to the genuine fan,rather than the continual fleecing that goes on.If they are not careful they will be remembered as an act who got greedy,very greedy and bled folks dry,and played more or less the same set night after night.Maybe they just became that Las Vegas act?And now Vegas appears to have given them the finger.

I think maybe tickets sales for the 2nd show were way below thier expectations. The 1st show on the other hand seemed to have done quite well. From the original sale date back in June, I checked almost everyday, there were very few ticket drops and when they did have some it was very limited.
they did have a decent drop on Wed afternoon prior to cancel annoucement.

The 2nd show has had tickets available since day 1 of the general sale and even had ticket drops in different sections on different days.

also the secondary market tickets were averaging $100.00 to $125.00 higher for the Wed. Show than the Sat. show, right up until the Thunderous silence was unleashed

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: October 20, 2016 18:28

dhinkle555
There we go! The guy puts on a great show, does he still have Steve Stevens on guitar?

Posted by: Shesarainbow ()
Date: October 20, 2016 19:11

"Why are we fighting??? Everybody just sit down, and get into a groove"..Positive thoughts please for Saturday night!

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: October 20, 2016 19:45

Shesarainbow
"Why are we fighting??? Everybody just sit down, and get into a groove"..Positive thoughts please for Saturday night![/quote

That's right She'sarainbow, We're splitting if those cats don't stop beating everybody up in sight, I want them out of the way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-20 19:47 by virgil.

Date: October 20, 2016 20:15

Shesarainbow
"Why are we fighting??? Everybody just sit down, and get into a groove"..Positive thoughts please for Saturday night!

A clear voice in the din of negativity. Thank you very much.

As I posted before. If you see some one in Stones gear this weekend walk up and say hello. Introduce yourselves. Let's make this the best Stones show ever.

Love and peace.
Scotty,
Irvine, CA

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 20, 2016 21:34

So if you can't stand the forum right now, take a break. Don't show up to tell everyone you can't stand it. Breaks are healthy. Look at how receptive Keith and Stones fans are when Mick takes a break from the Stones...

Posted by: bathsheba ()
Date: October 20, 2016 21:34

Compelled out of my silent lurking to say Oh for goodness sake! Of course it's very disappointing for all who are there. Does anyone really think Mick's just pretending? To accuse the Stones of bleeding their fans dry is verging on the hysterical. They are the bloody Rolling Stones! Isn't every fan in love with them, even, especially as they age? If the love is lost and there's only bitterness, then there are other bands, other forums, aren't there?
I just love 'em with a wild wild passion - whatever they do.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 20, 2016 21:53

bathsheba
Compelled out of my silent lurking to say Oh for goodness sake! Of course it's very disappointing for all who are there. Does anyone really think Mick's just pretending? To accuse the Stones of bleeding their fans dry is verging on the hysterical. They are the bloody Rolling Stones! Isn't every fan in love with them, even, especially as they age? If the love is lost and there's only bitterness, then there are other bands, other forums, aren't there?
I just love 'em with a wild wild passion - whatever they do.

Well said!

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: October 20, 2016 23:01

Oy vey. Enough already. This bickering is only adding to everyone's angst...those who are in LV, those who are going there and those who already left.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-20 23:06 by steffialicia.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: October 20, 2016 23:10

steffialicia
Oy vey. Enough already. This bickering is only adding to everyone's angst...those who are in LV, those who are going there and those who already left.

I agree, annoying conversation when all we want to know is if last night's cancelled concert will be rescheduled and when, and if tomorrow's concert is still a go or not, and if Mick's voice is ok or not. I got enough of the bickering watching last night's debate! Everyone is on pins and needles about these concerts!

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 20, 2016 23:10

steffialicia

Well said and I expect those who are in Vegas are too busy having fun to read all this nonsense.

I think there will be some good news today regarding Saturdays show hot smiley

Nate thumbs up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1513
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home