Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 14
Re: The Rolling Stones Las Vegas show October 19 cancelled
Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: October 20, 2016 02:11

If you feel like blowing $350 (I don´t), Secs. 3 and 18 must be the best bets - easy to self-upgrade closer to the stage or to neighboring sections.

Date: October 20, 2016 02:24

DeanGoodman
If you feel like blowing $350 (I don´t), Secs. 3 and 18 must be the best bets - easy to self-upgrade closer to the stage or to neighboring sections.

I would love to be in 3 or 18! Always been able to 'sneak up' close for MGM Arena (& MSG before the remodel) but stuck up in the balcony this time. If we get Saturday's show.

Date: October 20, 2016 02:42

Hairball
I'm still in bewildermint after reading this news last night, and really feeling bad for everyone who made travel plans, for those who are already there, and for all who were really looking forward to this show.
I've been through it several times in the past, and it's never truly an easy situation to deal with. Hoping Mick gets better, and everyone who is already in Vegas makes the most of it.

I just got a call from my friend Scotty who was in Vegas last night, and is now on his way home driving through the desert in Barstow. He's bummed alright, but he's keeping his head high and plans on driving back on Friday for Saturdays show. I told him to stay informed regarding the situation as it's probably a 50/50 right now. Really hoping that one happens for those who are going!

It was a beautiful drive this morning going across the desert. No music or radio. Just the sound of tires on the pavement. Very calming, kinda surreal. I have a large Stones tongue sticker on the back window of my truck and had a couple pull along side me, honk their horn, roll down their windows, and yell 'This sucks'. As I have a dumb cell phone that's not linked to social media/internet, or maybe the owners dumb, I heard about this about 10:00 last night from other fans. My heart not only goes out to everybody but especially those who flew in from out of town for this show only. New Zealand, Brazil, England and all other corners of the world. The worst situation for you all. Talked to many nice people and everyone was like 'Sh*t happens'. No one was angry, just disappointed. If any of you are going to Saturdays show as I am, and see's someone wearing Stones gear, stop them and say hello. Introduce yourselves to each other. We are a large extended family with more in common than just The Stones. Let's turn this into a positive by making new friends.

Scotty,
Irvine, CA

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: October 20, 2016 03:10

I think judging from the poor ticket sales for the two Las Vegas shows, it explains why we only got the "small tour".And if that is the case,it really does suck.Maybe they are only willing to pay for the big bucks these days?Cuba being the exception.
Sympathy to the diehard fans who missed the show.It happened to me many years back at the Wembley gig.Mind you in those days it wasn't an arm and a leg to get a ticket.
I really do think it is time they gave something back to the genuine fan,rather than the continual fleecing that goes on.If they are not careful they will be remembered as an act who got greedy,very greedy and bled folks dry,and played more or less the same set night after night.Maybe they just became that Las Vegas act?And now Vegas appears to have given them the finger.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 20, 2016 03:14

[email protected]
Hairball
I'm still in bewildermint after reading this news last night, and really feeling bad for everyone who made travel plans, for those who are already there, and for all who were really looking forward to this show.
I've been through it several times in the past, and it's never truly an easy situation to deal with. Hoping Mick gets better, and everyone who is already in Vegas makes the most of it.

I just got a call from my friend Scotty who was in Vegas last night, and is now on his way home driving through the desert in Barstow. He's bummed alright, but he's keeping his head high and plans on driving back on Friday for Saturdays show. I told him to stay informed regarding the situation as it's probably a 50/50 right now. Really hoping that one happens for those who are going!

It was a beautiful drive this morning going across the desert. No music or radio. Just the sound of tires on the pavement. Very calming, kinda surreal. I have a large Stones tongue sticker on the back window of my truck and had a couple pull along side me, honk their horn, roll down their windows, and yell 'This sucks'. As I have a dumb cell phone that's not linked to social media/internet, or maybe the owners dumb, I heard about this about 10:00 last night from other fans. My heart not only goes out to everybody but especially those who flew in from out of town for this show only. New Zealand, Brazil, England and all other corners of the world. The worst situation for you all. Talked to many nice people and everyone was like 'Sh*t happens'. No one was angry, just disappointed. If any of you are going to Saturdays show as I am, and see's someone wearing Stones gear, stop them and say hello. Introduce yourselves to each other. We are a large extended family with more in common than just The Stones. Let's turn this into a positive by making new friends.

Scotty,
Irvine, CA

Good stuff Scotty, glad you made it home with your spirits high. Hope the Stones show is in for Saturday for everyone's sake, and hope to see you and others there beforehand.
Even though we don't have tickets and don't plan on attending (yet), we'd love to see you and everyone else celebrating on your way to another Stones show! thumbs up
I've got my eyes peeled for 'lucky dips', and any major price drops that might happen before then - but not counting any chickens before they hatch.
In the meantime, I'm thinking positively for everyone who already have tickets, those who've traveled from afar, and/or those that are currently in Vegas for Saturdays show.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: October 20, 2016 03:15

Since I wasn't driving to Vegas today, I went to the gym. I had my earbuds on listening to Pink Floyd. I noticed on one the many TVs on Fox News a shot of "The Australian Bee Gees" which I guess is a cover band playing outside in Las Vegas. A man was dancing with his wife. The man was wearing a black zip code t-shirt. A fan making the best of a bad situation.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: October 20, 2016 03:17

stargroover
I think judging from the poor ticket sales for the two Las Vegas shows, it explains why we only got the "small tour".And if that is the case,it really does suck.Maybe they are only willing to pay for the big bucks these days?Cuba being the exception.
Sympathy to the diehard fans who missed the show.It happened to me many years back at the Wembley gig.Mind you in those days it wasn't an arm and a leg to get a ticket.
I really do think it is time they gave something back to the genuine fan,rather than the continual fleecing that goes on.If they are not careful they will be remembered as an act who got greedy,very greedy and bled folks dry,and played more or less the same set night after night.Maybe they just became that Las Vegas act?And now Vegas appears to have given them the finger.

Have a little faith. I'm trying to.

Posted by: tonym ()
Date: October 20, 2016 03:20

A

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-20 21:00 by tonym.

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: October 20, 2016 03:33

Thanks Dandelionpowerderman! Yes it s called big fingers typing fast on a cell phone in a dark bar! Anywat saturday is on hold on to your tickets i heard from a high up guy this show will possibly be in early November!The Show was sold out so i was wrong on bad ticketsales!

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: October 20, 2016 03:38

Well poor tickets sales maybe because these seem to be the most expensive Stones shows ever. They would not get poor sales in Denver or Seattle, two huge markets that have seen a show in almost 12 years. During that time Vegas has had over 10 shows. Not to mention population of Vegas is 600,000. While the greater Denver area is almost 3 million and Seattle something like 3.5 million.

Date: October 20, 2016 03:43

Hairball
[email protected]
Hairball

Scotty,
Irvine, CA

Good stuff Scotty, glad you made it home with your spirits high. Hope the Stones show is in for Saturday for everyone's sake, and hope to see you and others there beforehand.
Even though we don't have tickets and don't plan on attending (yet), we'd love to see you and everyone else celebrating on your way to another Stones show! thumbs up
I've got my eyes peeled for 'lucky dips', and any major price drops that might happen before then - but not counting any chickens before they hatch.
In the meantime, I'm thinking positively for everyone who already have tickets, those who've traveled from afar, and/or those that are currently in Vegas for Saturdays show.

Was thinking of staying all five nights but five continuous nights in Sin City can suck the soul out of you and money from your wallet. LOL. Oh well, it's only 4 hours and I enjoy the drive. Once you get past Victorville it's quite nice. Just put the cruise control on 76mph and have some good tunes in the ol' CD player. Stop by the original Taco Bell in Barstow for some eats. The menu there is completely different from any other TB. Hope to see you this weekend.

Date: October 20, 2016 03:46

Hound Dog
Well poor tickets sales maybe because these seem to be the most expensive Stones shows ever. They would not get poor sales in Denver or Seattle, two huge markets that have seen a show in almost 12 years. During that time Vegas has had over 10 shows. Not to mention population of Vegas is 600,000. While the greater Denver area is almost 3 million and Seattle something like 3.5 million.
yrs but Vegas has 100,000 of thousands of tourists everyweek for vacation and trade shows big business Tuesday show is going to be early november i heard maybe and Saturday is on!! I m staying i was told so lets hope for good luck for Saturday!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 20, 2016 03:48

stonesfrkk
Thanks Dandelionpowerderman! Yes it s called big fingers typing fast on a cell phone in a dark bar! Anywat saturday is on hold on to your tickets i heard from a high up guy this show will possibly be in early November!The Show was sold out so i was wrong on bad ticketsales!

stonesfrkk, you mean the Oct 19 show will be in early Nov and that the Sat. show is on still for Oct 22 or what? Not sure what you said here...thanks.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: October 20, 2016 03:51

Forgot to thank Scotty from Irvine for your positivity! TY!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: October 20, 2016 03:54

angee
stonesfrkk

stonesfrkk, you mean the Oct 19 show will be in early Nov and that the Sat. show is on still for Oct 22 or what? Not sure what you said here...thanks.

Yes, please keep us up to date on November date, there will be frantic scrambling for flights/hotels as soon as it happens!

Date: October 20, 2016 04:01

angee
stonesfrkk

stonesfrkk, you mean the Oct 19 show will be in early Nov and that the Sat. show is on still for Oct 22 or what? Not sure what youyes said here...thanks.
Yes sorry tonight s show Wensday i heard will be early November sorry not Tuesday thats when i flew in and Saturday is on as of now

Date: October 20, 2016 04:23

Hopefully tickets for Saturday will be very inexpensive!

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: October 20, 2016 04:26

No way Mick spelled apologize wrong!

Date: October 20, 2016 04:28

alieb
mick says sorry

"I’m so sorry about the cancellation of Wednesday's show in Las Vegas, I’ve got bad laryngitis. I do apologise to everyone who bought tickets."

-Mick Jagger

Date: October 20, 2016 04:33

J.J.Flash
alieb
mick says sorry

"I’m so sorry about the cancellation of Wednesday's show in Las Vegas, I’ve got bad laryngitis. I do apologise to everyone who bought tickets."

-Mick Jagger

Apologise is a British spelling.

Apologise vs. apologize

Apologize is the preferred spelling in American and Canadian English, and apologise is preferred in varieties of English from outside North America. This is the case despite the fact that apologize is the original form and was once standard even in British English (and is still used by some British publishers).

Traditionally, verbs whose roots have origins in Greek take the -ize suffix, and apology is of Greek origin, so it took –ize when it first came to English in the 16th century. Apologise emerged as a variant fairly early in the word’s history, but it only recently became the preferred spelling outside North America, possibly due to a mistaken belief that apologize is the American spelling and hence to be avoided. A similar trend has guided the recent evolution of the traditional realize into the newer realise in varieties of English from outside North America.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: October 20, 2016 04:54

Just got the news on FB via BJ

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: October 20, 2016 05:01

I am going to be very disappointed if the Saturday show is also a no go. Its a long way for nothing.
I'll be happy if I can get one show in I know they probably wont make it back to Aus again.

Date: October 20, 2016 05:03

2014Slayer
J.J.Flash
alieb
mick says sorry

-Mick Jagger

Apologise is a British spelling.

Apologise vs. apologize

Apologize is the preferred spelling in American and Canadian English, and apologise is preferred in varieties of English from outside North America. This is the case despite the fact that apologize is the original form and was once standard even in British English (and is still used by some British publishers).

Traditionally, verbs whose roots have origins in Greek take the -ize suffix, and apology is of Greek origin, so it took –ize when it first came to English in the 16th century. Apologise emerged as a variant fairly early in the word’s history, but it only recently became the preferred spelling outside North America, possibly due to a mistaken belief that apologize is the American spelling and hence to be avoided. A similar trend has guided the recent evolution of the traditional realize into the newer realise in varieties of English from outside North America.

Date: October 20, 2016 05:04

apologize,
UK: also apologise vi
(say sorry

Date: October 20, 2016 05:11

SwayStones
apologize,
UK: also apologise vi
(say sorry

No problema.

Date: October 20, 2016 05:16

Love is strong

Date: October 20, 2016 05:20

thanks guys for the 411 on apologize and apologise. Sorry Mick!

Date: October 20, 2016 05:23

Thanks, stonesfrkkk.

Btw, the weather in LV this week is absolutely beautiful, warm but not hot, then slightly cool-ish at night.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: October 20, 2016 07:09

latebloomer
Cristiano Radtke
Beast
I and others came from UK and even further afield for the two shows and others are supposed to be coming in just for Saturday. It's very hard for most of us to change flights and reorganize plans for any rescheduled show and if the audience was to be mostly out-of-towners in the same position, it begs the question of how many of them would be able to make any new date in the near future and how many of their tickets could be resold at short notice.

Not the first cancellation for me, either. Valladolid and Atlantic City. Wembley too but as a London resident it didn't involve travel for me.

Shit happens. So there's nothing to do but make the best of what Vegas has to offer and hope that Mick recovers. Got to say that my eyes and throat are really feeling it in this air out here. I'm crossing my fingers for Saturday but not holding my breath either.

That's the spirit. Enjoy your birthday, beast! smileys with beer

+2 smiling smiley

Beast!!!! How are you? Paul said he was 't coming but I would love to see you if you will be there Saturday. I will be at the Hampton Tropicana. Email me at sgcub@comcast.net! Oxoxo

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: October 20, 2016 07:20

chrisvw
Misterjimmy
this is a real bummer . flying in this morning . no way I can extend stay for Saturday ( if it happens ) . well at least the wife and I enjoy vegas. the show was just a BIG bonus for a trip here. maybe we can get a bar to play all stones songs for 3 hours !! lmao

Mr jimmy: if you'd like to commiserate with many other disappointed stones fans, you're welcome to the shidoobee party from 1:30 to 5:00 (or longer, now!) at the "money plays" bar, a small distance from the strip. All stones music will be played. Go to shidoobee.com for preparty details. Hope to see you there!

My friend who was already in Vegas went and has a blast and won a cool Keith poster!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1917
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home