Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 14
The Rolling Stones Las Vegas show October 19 cancelled
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 19, 2016 06:28

THE ROLLING STONES WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 19 – CANCELLED

We regret to inform you that the Rolling Stones’ concert scheduled for Wednesday, October 19 at T-Mobile Arena has been cancelled. Lead vocalist Mick Jagger has come down with laryngitis and has been advised by doctors to rest his voice.

We hope to have information about the possibility of rescheduling this date very soon. We encourage ticket holders to wait for that information before seeking refunds. We also hope to have further information about the status of the concert scheduled for Saturday, October 22.

The Rolling Stones, MGM Resorts International, Concerts West and AEG Live apologise for any inconvenience this causes ticket holders.

Please note that the Rolling Stones, T-Mobile Arena, AXS, MGM Resorts International, Concerts West and AEG Live are not responsible for hotel, travel or other expenses related to the cancellation of this performance.

[www.rollingstones.com]

For the general discuszsion regarding Las Vegas show and travel plans please see the following IORR forum pages:

Las Vegas NV USA 2016 show and travel info : [iorr.org]

LATEST INFO ABOUT THE OCT 22 SHOW AS OF OCT 21 at 4PM:

The Rolling Stones Las Vegas show October 22 is on! [iorr.org]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-22 02:34 by bv.

Re: Las Vegas October 19 concert cancelled
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 19, 2016 06:34

Holy shit

Rod

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 19, 2016 06:51

Whoa.... eye popping smiley

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: October 19, 2016 06:54

I just checked (like a loser, since I'm not even going) and the arena's schedule is pretty wide open next week until the 28th, looks like they could take their pick.

Re: The Rolling Stones Las Vegas show October 19 cancelled
Posted by: virgil ()
Date: October 19, 2016 07:01

I just bought tickets about and hour ago they had a ticket and price drop on AXS.

This happened to me in Atlantic city 2006 they rescheduled for 3 weeks later. My dam sister had to pick that day as her wedding day so I could not go.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 19, 2016 07:08

A great shame for all the people that have travelled far to see the band.

Nate

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: October 19, 2016 07:14

wow, this sucks! Get well Mick and hopefully people can still find some fun things to do in Vegas who are already there! winking smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 19, 2016 07:14

Hold on to your tickets, as they may reschedule the show for a later date. Info coming soon, within 24-48 hours according to experience with similar situations in the past.

Bjornulf

Posted by: laurel ()
Date: October 19, 2016 07:18

OMG...I cannot believe this! Just got tickets today. Poor Mick, he's got the desert in his tonsils. What happens now? Will they honor these tickets for a resheduled show? Also sorry for all who traveled far.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 19, 2016 07:21

maumau
i am watching now the show on the @wez periscope which is great. half in the show i must say they sound very good to me but i got worried about mick's voice. any report on that?

from saturday morning, i know my chick...

sorry for those who had tix

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: October 19, 2016 07:31

Not happy. Just flew in from NY. Maybe Elton tomorrow

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 19, 2016 07:32

I'm really upset for those who are already in Vegas and for those who are traveling there, not only for this now cancelled concert but also for the Saturday concert.

Hopefully Mick will be in fine form on Saturday. This situation reminds me the Hanging Rock concert cancelled in 2014 and the next one in Sydney, where Keith played 3 songs.

Date: October 19, 2016 07:32

mick says sorry

"I’m so sorry about the cancellation of Wednesday's show in Las Vegas, I’ve got bad laryngitis. I do apologise to everyone who bought tickets."

-Mick Jagger

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: October 19, 2016 08:08

Flew in from New York today for both shows, nervous about Saturday now sad smiley

Posted by: ifucantrockme ()
Date: October 19, 2016 08:17

The conspiracy theory in me says that Mick isn't sick, but this is the result of poor ticket sales for Saturday. I think they are banking on the fact that many people already traveled to Vegas and will extend their stay and buy tickets for Saturday. That would also explain why this poor selling Saturday show has not been flexed or excessively lucky dipped. Otherwise cancel both shows now so people who have not yet traveled can change their plans.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-19 08:17 by ifucantrockme.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 19, 2016 08:30

ifucantrockme
The conspiracy theory in me says that Mick isn't sick, but this is the result of poor ticket sales for Saturday

confused smiley

And the Earth is really flat...

eye rolling smiley

Date: October 19, 2016 08:30

ifucantrockme
The conspiracy theory in me says that Mick isn't sick, but this is the result of poor ticket sales for Saturday. I think they are banking on the fact that many people already traveled to Vegas and will extend their stay and buy tickets for Saturday. That would also explain why this poor selling Saturday show has not been flexed or excessively lucky dipped. Otherwise cancel both shows now so people who have not yet traveled can change their plans.

In Mick's defence, people (see above) were commenting during the last desert trip show that his voice seemed to be fading. They did cancel super last minute but maybe he was just waiting to see if things would improve.

Posted by: nankerzrk ()
Date: October 19, 2016 08:38

ifucantrockme

Sorry, but there is literally 0% chance of this.

Who would cancel a sold out show in order to motivate people to buy ANOTHER ticket and extend their stay, to see a show 4 days later, which is also uncertain/unconfirmed and as far as anyone knows may also be cancelled?

Not to mention the irreparable reputational damage.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: October 19, 2016 08:39

Amy340
Flew in from New York today for both shows, nervous about Saturday now sad smiley

Me two Amy I flew in from Boston , I booked a whole week for this Monday to Monday. I passed on some other cool trips this past summer just because I wanted this bad.

This is the second time for me , 2006 Atlantic city the show was cancelled 4 hrs before the show. I found out at the Hotel when I woke up from my pre concert nap.
The reschedule was 3 weeks later I could not attend my baby sister had to get married that day. I still hate her for that.

Posted by: RRMan13 ()
Date: October 19, 2016 08:53

I feel so bad for all the people who have already traveled or are enroute right now. It sucks to waste a plane trip,hotel stay and everything involved but no one can predict a illness or any health problem. It is just life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-19 08:53 by RRMan13.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 19, 2016 08:58

... Oh babeeee that's bad news ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 19, 2016 09:06

So sorry for those that travelled far for this show..

I travelled somewhat far and am so grateful to have seen one show for the trip, but feel for those that flew in for just this show. Mick's voice was struggling a bit last Friday, but it was the worst weather (hottest/driest/dustiest) day of the weekend and I chalked it up to that. Sure it didn't help...

Here's hoping Mick recovers quickly and the second show remains unchanged.

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: October 19, 2016 09:12

So disappointing. I'm in my Vegas hotel room and checked IORR. Lots of Stones gear spotted on the strip today. I came back to put mine on before heading out for a drink. Here Mon-Fri. Tough to get away from family and work. No way I'll be able to attend make up date unless it is Thursday.

Let's hope for a quick recovery and good health for all the boys.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 19, 2016 09:27

nankerzrk
ifucantrockme

Sorry, but there is literally 0% chance of this.

Who would cancel a sold out show in order to motivate people to buy ANOTHER ticket and extend their stay, to see a show 4 days later, which is also uncertain/unconfirmed and as far as anyone knows may also be cancelled?

Not to mention the irreparable reputational damage.

Although I agree with you otherwise, nankerzrk, I don't know that there's any damage to their reputation--the laryngitis seems genuine, and it's just one of those things that happen. They obviously left it as long as possible to cancel, hoping Mick could still perform. I feel really bad for all the disappointed people, though. sad smiley Maybe some of you can get together and listen to Stones music and drown your sorrows and dance.*

*In fact, you've already been invited by swiss over in another thread!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-19 09:30 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: October 19, 2016 09:30

Mick was having vocal difficulty at Desert Trip last Friday, I guess it wasn't just the heat and dust that was affecting him.

"It's like trying to sing inside a hair dryer"

Sorry to all you Vegas-ers, but there's no lack of entertainment Wednesday night, either.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-19 09:32 by mosthigh.

Date: October 19, 2016 09:46

I just remembered something. It's probably meaningless. A few days back, there was a tweet that said "See you Saturday!," with a link to the ticket page. I remember thinking, what about Wednesday? You are going to show up, right? Ha ha. I chalked it up to promoting ticket sales for Saturday at the time.

Date: October 19, 2016 09:58

Sorry for all you guys who have travelled over there, here's hoping Mick recovers and is in fine form to deliver an extra special show on Saturday.

Posted by: dunhill ()
Date: October 19, 2016 09:58

A friend of mine flew all the way from Milan, Italy, to see the show and for a meet and greet. To say he's devastated is an understatement.

Date: October 19, 2016 10:06

bv
Hold on to your tickets, as they may reschedule the show for a later date. Info coming soon, within 24-48 hours according to experience with similar situations in the past.

Thank you

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: October 19, 2016 10:16

The tweet from Oct 14th said see you Saturday, 10/22, at T Mobile Arena. I remember seeing it at the time and thought it was odd there was no mention of Wednesday.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1904
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home