Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 15
The Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan Desert Trip Friday 14-Oct-2016 live show updates
Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 14, 2016 20:31

Please post your live comments and reports from The Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan performances at the Desert Trip concert Friday October 14, 2016 in Indio, CA, USA.

For the last week Desert Trip live threads please use these links:

The Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan - Friday October 7, 2016 : [iorr.org]

Paul McCartney and Neil Young - Saturday October 8, 2016 : [iorr.org]

Roger Waters and The Who - Sunday October 9, 2016 : [iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-14 20:35 by bv.

Re: The Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan Desert Trip Friday 14-Oct-2016 live show updates
Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 14, 2016 20:41

I do assume the news yesterday about Bob Dylan winning the Nobel Prize in Literature will at some point affect the performance(s) tonight.

Bob Dylan wins Nobel Prize in literature : [iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Re: The Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan Desert Trip Friday 14-Oct-2016 live show updates
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 14, 2016 20:45

3 Day Pit Passes are now available via stubhub for as low $249. eye popping smiley
See ya there!thumbs up

Posted by: MacLaurens ()
Date: October 14, 2016 20:45

Pretty sure the Stones will do Like A Rolling Stone as a tribute to Bob Dylan.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: October 14, 2016 20:55

Anybody know what the Stones have been doing since last Friday?
Did they stay in Las Vegas or go home? Did Keith go back to Connecticut?
Did they rehearse or do any recording?

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 14, 2016 21:29

Yes hope they rehearse.
Not luxury after the weak show last week.

wonderboy
Did they stay in Las Vegas or go home? Did Keith go back to Connecticut?
Did they rehearse or do any recording?

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: October 14, 2016 21:34

powerage78
Yes hope they rehearse.

Yes of course Keith practiced guitar 6 hours a day since last Friday, Charlie played his drums every waking moment, and band together rehearsed 10 new songs for tonight's show. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 14, 2016 21:35

wonderboy

They did the Twitter-Q&A on 12-Oct-2016: [iorr.org] .

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: October 14, 2016 21:43

RaiseTheKnife
powerage78
Yes hope they rehearse.

Yes of course Keith practiced guitar 6 hours a day since last Friday, Charlie played his drums every waking moment, and band together rehearsed 10 new songs for tonight's show. eye rolling smiley

Seriously, two of the three things you listed above should have happened.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 14, 2016 21:50

eye rolling smiley
Glad you enjoy the first weak show...
A good solo maybe so..
A good version of the classics would be enough.

RaiseTheKnife
powerage78
Yes hope they rehearse.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-14 21:53 by powerage78.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 14, 2016 22:16

MacLaurens
Pretty sure the Stones will do Like a Rolling Stone
as a tribute to Bob Dylan.

I bet they do something other than that —
unless of course Bob joins them for it.
Wouldn't It's All Right Ma be fine to hear?!
So many would be fine to hear!

What time does each set start, please and thank you?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 14, 2016 22:27

with sssoul
MacLaurens
Pretty sure the Stones will do Like a Rolling Stone
as a tribute to Bob Dylan.

I bet they do something other than that —
unless of course Bob joins them for it.
Wouldn't It's All Right Ma be fine to hear?!
So many would be fine to hear!

Watching the river flow would be great!

Have a blast, everyone there! thumbs up

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 14, 2016 22:36

with sssoul

[DesertTrip.com] says RS are on stage 9:40pm and Bob 6:50pm (Californian time).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-14 22:38 by Irix.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 14, 2016 22:45

RaiseTheKnife
powerage78
Yes hope they rehearse.

Word at the campsite is that sound check last night was amazing .. 10-12 songs is what I'm told.. Tonight should be fun! In line as I write..

Posted by: stone66 ()
Date: October 14, 2016 23:08

bv
I do assume the news yesterday about Bob Dylan winning the Nobel Prize in Literature will at some point affect the performance(s) tonight.

Bob Dylan wins Nobel Prize in literature : [iorr.org]
Perhaps His Bobness will simply read his lyrics rather than sing them. smiling smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 14, 2016 23:09

MisterDDDD
RaiseTheKnife
powerage78
Yes hope they rehearse.

Word at the campsite is that sound check last night was amazing .. 10-12 songs is what I'm told.. Tonight should be fun! In line as I write..

Sounds good!
Your in line as you write...in line for what? The Pit? You're gonna get a sunburn standing out there all day!winking smiley
I'm still at my hotel room about a mile away with AC blasting, and will make my way down there in a few hours.
I'll see you in the PIT!!! thumbs up

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: October 15, 2016 00:27

MisterDDDD
RaiseTheKnife
powerage78
Yes hope they rehearse.

What did they sound check?

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: October 15, 2016 00:29

From what Mick said during today's Twitter's Q&A they will play another song from the blues album. Last week Mick wanted to play Prince's "Little Red Corvette" but they went with "Come together" instead.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: October 15, 2016 00:37

Have a great time under the starssmileys with beer

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 15, 2016 00:54

Have a wonderful time everybody

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 15, 2016 01:00

Sister Morphine would be great tonight

Nate cool smiley

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: October 15, 2016 01:49

Everyone have fun! I wish I could have gone for the second weekend too!

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: October 15, 2016 01:57

Have fun tonight...

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: October 15, 2016 03:44

Am looking around the beer barn. can't find the IORR's.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: October 15, 2016 03:57

Periscoping? Dylan will be interesting after the announcement of the Nobel Prize award, imo very much deserved, i'm betting on a significantly altered set from last week.

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: October 15, 2016 04:24

JadedFaded
Am looking around the beer barn. can't find the IORR's.
Me neither
Lets try tomorrow at a table facing the stage, hall palm tree middle to the right

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: October 15, 2016 04:48

is anyone Bobbing?

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: October 15, 2016 04:50

Have a great weekend everyone - last weekend was such a blast, wish I was there, but going to both Vegas shows so cannot be greedy! Hoping for some Periscopers...

Posted by: HomerSimpson ()
Date: October 15, 2016 04:51

There is a really good stream now - I used my iPad app to find it - don't know how to find it on my PC. Go to the map on the iPad app and zoom into Indio CA and it is live. Scoper is babbling while waiting for the show to start - has good seats and says he's gonna stream all 3 shows.

Posted by: HomerSimpson ()
Date: October 15, 2016 04:52

I had to look up on google maps where Indio CA was and then zoomed into that general area to find live streams

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1773
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home