Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Paul McCartney and Neil Young Desert Trip Saturday 08-Oct-2016 live show updates
Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 8, 2016 21:21

Please post your live comments and reports from the Paul McCartney and Neil Young performances at the Desert Trip concert Saturday October 8, 2016 in Indio, CA, USA.

PS. Normally Paul McCartney and Neil Young are "off topic" here on IORR, but Desert Trip is very much On Topic, with many many Stones fans attending all three nights with six performing artists at the Coachella site these two week-ends.

Bjornulf

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-10 00:25 by bv.

Re: Paul McCartney and Neil Young Desert Trip Saturday 08-Oct-2016 live show updates
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 8, 2016 21:55

It will be fun to follow these two concerts tonight. Thanks for creating this thread and enjoy the festival, Bjornulf! thumbs up

Re: Paul McCartney and Neil Young Desert Trip Saturday 08-Oct-2016 live show updates
Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: October 8, 2016 21:58

Cristiano Radtke
It will be fun to follow these two concerts tonight. Thanks for creating this thread and enjoy the festival, Bjornulf! thumbs up

Yes indeed!

Posted by: Exile ()
Date: October 8, 2016 22:11

Shouldn't this be labeled OT?

On the 7th day God created the Rolling Stones

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: October 8, 2016 22:30

Exile

No. Read it again.

Date: October 8, 2016 22:38

Exile

Did you read the "PS" note in my post above?

Also, for the OT discussion, for the first time as long as I can remember ("I Wanna Be Your Man" was before my time really), The Rolling Stones performed a Beatles song live last night, "Come Together", while Paul McCartney watched their performance. Who knows what might happen today. The Stones stay near so if they wish to guest there is very little that prevent them from showing up.

I do not expect any guest appearances, but I do actually view all this six acts as being on the very same bill, that is why this is not off topic.

Bjornulf

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 8, 2016 22:54

bv

Also, for the OT discussion, for the first time as long as I can remember ("I Wanna Be Your Man" was before my time really), The Rolling Stones performed a Beatles song live last night, "Come Together", while Paul McCartney watched their performance. Who knows what might happen today. The Stones stay near so if they wish to guest there is very little that prevent them from showing up.

They played "I Wanna Be Your Man" at the O2 and at the Barclays Center in 2012.

Date: October 8, 2016 23:17

tatters
bv

They played "I Wanna Be Your Man" at the O2 and at the Barclays Center in 2012.

Well you know I saw those three shows and because my memory is as bad as the memory of a fly (that is may be why I have to see them again and again) after 100 or so shows since the 2012 tour start it feels ages ago even if it is just four years, also it isn't really a Beatles song, in fact Paul and John call it a Ringo song... But sure it was fun and fast! "I Wanna Be Your Man" that is...

[www.iorr.org]
[www.iorr.org]
[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 8, 2016 23:47

Neil is in fine form these days... (OK he plays with guys half his age so he's cheating a bit). Will he cover a Stones song?

Posted by: JumpinJimF ()
Date: October 8, 2016 23:51

dcba
Neil is in fine form these days... (OK he plays with guys half his age so he's cheating a bit). Will he cover a Stones song?

Maybe his "Borrowed Tune" would be an appropriate choice winking smiley

Date: October 8, 2016 23:51

dcba

He could turn Borrowed Tune into Lady Jane. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: October 9, 2016 03:53

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: October 9, 2016 03:59

What time is Neil Young scheduled to come on? Eastern time

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: October 9, 2016 04:02

6:15 Neil Young
9:15 McCartney

This is PST USA.

add 3 hours for East Coast U.S. time

If they're on time, Neil's set should start 5 minutes from now.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-09 04:10 by hopkins.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: October 9, 2016 04:14

Cristiano Radtke

[www.instagram.com]
listening now. <<How long, how long>>, 40+ years on.

Date: October 9, 2016 04:14

Date: October 9, 2016 05:04

For those interested, wef is back again tonight on periscope with good audio quality: [t.co]

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: October 9, 2016 05:29

No more scopes?

Date: October 9, 2016 05:32

DREAMTIME
No more scopes?

I think people over there are saving their batteries for Paul's concert.

Posted by: ladylou ()
Date: October 9, 2016 05:52

Neil Young

[twitter.com]

[twitter.com]

[twitter.com]

[twitter.com]

[twitter.com]

[twitter.com]

[twitter.com]

[twitter.com]

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-09 06:00 by ladylou.

Date: October 9, 2016 07:12

McCartney coming on soon looking for scopers

Date: October 9, 2016 07:17

How do to a search for periscopes to get it please?

Thank you ladylou those tweets were all GREAT. thumbs up Neil sounds excellent and the sound was great too.
Could anyone Please link to scopes or share the best way to search for them for the rest of the bill tonight? thanx!

Date: October 9, 2016 07:47

Date: October 9, 2016 07:51

McCartney is on!!!

Hard Days Night
Jet

Date: October 9, 2016 07:53

Date: October 9, 2016 08:10

oh man the band sounds good; the mix is great. both scopes here stopped;
drat...
... hope they continue or we can catch another link, but I enjoyed the opening few numbers a lot and ty.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-09 08:15 by hopkins.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 9, 2016 08:40

wef is still about: [www.periscope.tv]

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 9, 2016 09:00

Robert Conley: [www.periscope.tv]

Two or three scopers in action, but reception is very patchy. I hadn't meant to get up for this, but as I'm awake I thought I might as well listen.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: October 9, 2016 09:35

Neil joining Paul for A Day in the Life, Give Peace a Chance and Why Don't We Do It in the Road was spectacular. Hope they repeat next weekend!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 9, 2016 09:39

WDWDIOTR? That's why the Stones didn't do it yesterday!

Oh a French journalist was near Macca during the Stones' show and said he saw him dancing with Nancy during Come Together...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1907
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home